March 14 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• l_lake
    l_lake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Exercised: Yes, 6km in 42 minutes on the treadmill. Working on getting my pace back up for when the snow finally melts and I can run outside again.

Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Having a deadline to get donations bagged and on the porch for a scheduled Donation Pick-Up helps too .... remember craig's post about the Ted Talk and the "Instant Gratification Monkey" .... and the only thing that will scare it out or the way ...

I re-posted it on Feb 1. Review regularly as needed ....

Wow O, Please re-post it again for March. Thanks.

As requested by @victorious55 , I have reposted my repost of the "Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator" Ted Talk YouTube video in "What's on Your Mind" pg 2 ....

Just watched it! I can't remember when or where I've seen it before but like you state, it is excellent to watch several times to remind the monkey to go away ;)

I saw your email last night.....I'm going to work on it a little at a time and follow up with you as I go ;)
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    3/14
    6th Pass days, batting just under 500 here. 6 pass days seems frustrating, but....I'll bet ya it's much better then I was doing before I started UAC ;)

Exercise? No, by less then 5 minutes.....I wanted to find excuses to fill in the last 3 minutes, but like Ranger Rick says, we're only hurting ourselves. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 2 minutes stretching. Didn't make it back for my afternoon break.
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • Sunshinfit
    Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Exercise- yes
    Tracking- no
    Calories- no
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    3/14
    6th Pass days, batting just under 500 here. 6 pass days seems frustrating, but....I'll bet ya it's much better then I was doing before I started UAC ;)

Exercise? No, by less then 5 minutes.....I wanted to find excuses to fill in the last 3 minutes, but like Ranger Rick says, we're only hurting ourselves. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 2 minutes stretching. Didn't make it back for my afternoon break.
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

You WERE on track for calories!! Yay YOU!! for come-back on that! And that was after you tracked everything!! Double extra-high 5 there!!

It's probably also way better than towards the end of your first UAC month. Even one less than that is a major victory in your learning curve (and the same or a few more than first month is simply more data to help you diagnose Lessons Still To Learn, and strategize how to work around future similar situations)

If you are reporting, you are a Winner!
  • Inazea
    Inazea Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    March 14

Exercise?: Yes.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked everything?: Yes.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    I saw your email last night.....I'm going to work on it a little at a time and follow up with you as I go ;)

Great!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    yes x 3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    March 14
    I am Back on track - finally!
    Scale got up to my top wt 155
    I had spent the last week whacking sweets from 3 a day to 2. Embarrassing, but yes that was what I slowly changed & began to do.

Then I looked at my micros & macros, looking at averages over the past year. Feb & the first 2 weeks of Mar were The anomaly.

Sodium- ⬆️⬆️
    Sugars ↗️
    Servings fruit/veg ↘️
    Eating out ⬆️⬆️
    Fiber⬇️⬇️
    Carbs
    Sat fat (feb)⬆️⬆️
    Calorie deficit ↘️

Realized I’d substituted sweets for fruit sugars AND was eating some white flour, both of which almost halved my
    Fiber.

So reduced sodium < 1,500mg
    Upped fruit/veg > 5
    Whole grained bread only
    Max one sweet per day
    Eating at home

Yes x 3
    Exercise 90 mins Very fast, multiple hills walk- so grateful I can do this.
    Mins shoulder, back - weight lifting/PT
    Calories- Under 341 BEST in a Ling time!
    Track - All, every day- for Life. Data is Power!

Now, to do it again :)

• strongscarlet
    strongscarlet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Happy (Belated) Birthday! @BonnieHosk85
    🎁 🎈 🥳

@strongscarlet
    March 14, 2019

Exercise: No
    Calories: Yes (but way too low, not on purpose)
    Tracked: Yes

Notes: Tough day emotionally and physically. Didn’t feel like eating much at all. Without feeling hunger or wanting to for emotional reasons, it’s sometimes difficult to nourish myself if I’m not feeling well.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (mall walking)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? NO