Jennifer's Journal

Options

Replies

• jcaldwell0331
    jcaldwell0331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit Well, the funny thing is, is that I'll be busy doing something like cleaning the house and then all the sudden I'm in the pantry. After a while, I'm like, man, I shouldn't be eating and I'll go outside to get away from the pantry. The rain is returning this afternoon so my going outside is going to be less. I just have to keep myself out of the pantry. I think I have a pantry magnet on my stomach. *facepalm* I have crafty things that I am needing to finish so I can put them on my wall for decorations so I can work on those today and tomorrow and if I have time. I eat less on the weekends when Chris is home.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @jcaldwell0331 Do you enjoy cleaning? Because I really don't and have found that I tend to procrastinate (read: eat) when I have things I need to do that I don't want to do or things I want a break from and eating usually qualifies as a legitimate reason to break so if I want a lot of breaks, I tend to eat more. haha. Anyway, you'll eventually be able to remove the magnet, just keep working at it. =)
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit hahahahahahaha cleaning and enjoy should not be in the same sentence. No, I don't enjoy cleaning but I do like the way my house looks afterwards. I'll just be cleaning and then all the sudden I feel like I need something to munch on and go to the pantry. I usually try to listen to a podcast while I clean to distract myself from the pantry. I think once I get on track and get things in order, I'll be able to avoid the pantry. At least that is my plan. haha
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @jcaldwell0331 I agree but at least you got a laugh out of it! =P It sounds like a good plan to me, you can do it! *brings out the sign to resume the cheering section duties* haha! =P
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Just found out that my husband has a banquet on April 6th. I want to wear a cocktail dress so I have to drop some weight. I have 3 weeks! Eek! :o Question is....exactly how much can I lose? lol I've made a challenge for myself. I'm currently teetering between 16s and 18s. I want to be in 14s (12s would be better but I gotta be real :lol: ) I measured myself this morning and will measure again a few days before the banquet. I can't wait to see what a time frame and some serious motivation can get me to do! Maybe this is the fire I needed to be lit under my fat booty. :lol:
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You can metabolize approximately 1% body fat per week, so you can lose about 1% of whatever you weigh...you can also shed a bunch of water but that's not a super great idea and besides you wouldn't start that until a few days before the event.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I think fitting into a dress is GREAT inspiration because even a few pounds can be a lot of inches if you are losing fat and not muscle or water!
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    @tcunbeliever Thanks!! I did great yesterday with food and water. I'm sure right now I'm losing water, but hopefully soon it will be fat. B)
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Yesterday I was under my calories by quite a bit. I didn't realize that until dinner, though. I was logging but I didn't pay much attention since I was more focused on staying under my carbs and sodium. I was ending the day with only around 500 calories so I ate a little more to make up for some of the calories. It put me over on carbs but not on sodium so I was happy with that. I've been drinking a gallon of water a day and its helping keep me full so I'm not always hungry. Today, so far, I have been more attentive to my calories.
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Still doing good on water. I did better on calories but went over the carbs and sodium that I was shooting for.
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great job with the water! I think we all have days that we eat way less than we intend. As long as it's not consistent, you're totally fine!
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Its been a little while since I've checked in. Last weekend I was able to meet up with my family in Mississippi and we had a great time and ate more than we should have! lol For those that don't know, we moved from TX to TN last August. I'm from TX so all of my family is there and my husband is from KY so we are actually closer to them now.

I jumped back on the diet wagon when I got back from Mississippi and its been going well. I'm getting the water I need and I've already lost a little (half an inch to be exact! woohoo!). I actually started eating better about a week or so before I went to MS so that's helped with the small weight loss I've achieved so far. When I want to graze, I just remind myself that I want to fit into a size 14 dress in 3 weeks. So, far, except for one moment of weakness, I have done really well. That moment of weakness didn't take me over my amounts, though, which was good, but I did regret in later. haha
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! I just bought a bag of baby carrots yesterday for grazing purposes. It's better to turn to veggies than going straight for the chocolate :)
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Thank you, @megbeveridge93! Carrots are definitely a better choice! Haha
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Well, I’m still doing good on my diet. I ended up having to go to the dr Monday morning and found out that I have bronchitis. While I was there, they had me get on the scale. I was pleasantly surprised to see I’ve lost 11 pounds since the last time I stepped on the scale. lol I measure every Sunday and I’ve lost an inch so far! I don’t know that I’ll be in a 14 dress by Saturday after next but I’m still trying!

*happy dance for the progress I have made*

• tcunbeliever
    Options
    YAY!!!! Great work!!!
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    @tcunbeliever Thank you!
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    Well, I didn't make it into a size 14 but I did find a dress that is very flattering on me. I guess I was closer to 18's than 16's when I started trying to drop the weight. I've done better than I thought I would and so, with that, I'm very proud of myself. I'll continue trying to lose weight now that I have my head in the game and I'm seeing results.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Dress sizes are not consistent anyway, but finding something that looks nice is always a win!
  • jcaldwell0331
    Options
    @tcunbeliever so true!