LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Using that crab stuff I used was such a bad idea.
    It really messed my stomach up. Got super nauseous, but thankfully not enough to throw up, although that probably would've eased my stomach. I ended up having to make myself a nasty ACV drink before bed bc I felt reflux was starting.
    Now, keto stick this morning is only showing a trace amount. I know they're not totally reliable b/c it only shows wht your body is flushing out, but still.. when I was seeing super dark just the day before.. that sucked.

Also weight this morning was 172.something. It's usually up in the morning and I know it's b/c of that crab crap and what it did to my stomach. I also know it's b/c I drank A LOT of water last night in hopes of it helping to move that mess through my body quicker.
    Throwing the rest of it away b/c nah. if it did all that after only adding a little to some broth? No thanks!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Yeah...........for sure hard pass on that
  • LiLee2018
    I ended up doing a 24 hour fast since my last broth yesterday was had a bit early.
    Weight before breaking fast (with some bone broth) was 170.2. Not that 169 weight but I'll take it anyway :)

Dinner tonight was about 15.2 ounces of leftover pork ribs covered in hot sauce, freshly made keto strawberry ice cream, bone broth, and a bite of a meatza I made for the family.

Meatza was 2lbs of breakfast sausage (the lowest carb one you can find) rolled out thin. Try to get one that doesn't contain a ton of fat b/c it shrinks A LOT.
    Roll it out as thin as possible on parchment paper and in a rimmed baking sheet.
    Bake on 350 for about 15min. Take out, pour out the grease and flip. Baking for another 15 or so minutes.
    Add whatever toppings you like. I made a sauce with a can of diced tomatoes, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Simmered until thickened (about 13mins), topped with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.

Anywho.. my total calories for tonight.. not sure. Probably 1600-1700. A lot but yum. Think I'll keep it lighter tomorrow. Debating if I want to try just bone broth for dinner or just eat something. We'll see how I feel. I probably could've done just bone broth for dinner tonight but those ribs were calling me. I still have a bunch left too lol. It's like I'm not really that hungry until I break my fast and then I INHALE ALL THE FOOD! lol
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG I am so the same way.....once the beast has been woken up I devour the food...….
    Great news on your loss!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    NICE on the loss! That Meatza sounds RIGHT up my alley! :-D
  • LiLee2018
    Still not sure what dinner will be. I may eat some eggs along with leftovers, but I'm going to try my best to come in closer to 1200cal.
    That's one problem I'm having right now. As soon as I eat, I want to eat EVERYTHING and I eat it super fast so my body doesn't get that full satisfied feeling until I've already eaten too much so I just end up feeling bloated and too full.
    I need to slow myself down so my body has the chance to get that full feeling before I start trying to shovel more in to my mouth.

In other news.. we're wanting to go to the beach this summer. That's another reason why I need to get more control. I wanna be able to wear a bathing suit and not feel so bad in it. I may have saggy skin, but at least it won't be filled up with fat!
    Anywho... we're thinking about the beginning of August before the kids start school. Gives me about 4 months to lose as much as possible. /nodnod
    Dunno how much that will be though. So used to losing slowly when I was doing keto. Hopefully doing OMAD w/ some fasting here and there makes it come off faster :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    We are going to Hawaii in August before the kids go back to school so I have the same desire as you. We can do it!
  • volgirl1322
    Our beach trip to Myrtle beach is the last of July I really want to be a lot smaller then as well just not sure what is realistic at this point with how slowly things are moving...….I am thinking maybe 20lbs gone by then...…..at the minimum....

Tracey I am a teensy bit jealous Hawaii......OH WOW!!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Tracey I'm a lot jealous!!! :D
  • Brendalea69
    Lisa I'm the same, once I start eating I want to eat everything. That's why I eat my meal later in the day. I hope swim suit season is good to us all o:)
  • mistymeadows2005
    DITTO I want to eat ALL the food once I start! That's probably how we got in this situation to begin with LMAO

HAWAII?!?! WHAAAAAAAAT?! I wanna go to Hawaii! I AM excited to buy a new bathing suit this year though - probs in another 10 pounds - once I hit 155 it doesn't change much in bathing suit size down from there for me LOL

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I am excited for the trip. It was supposed to be a family trip with the kiddos but hubby decided to just make it a me and him trip since it is our first trip to Hawaii. A week in Hawaii just me and the hubby, I ain't mad!! :):D
  • LiLee2018
    Tracey- OOO Hawaii! That's going to be an awesome trip! That's one of our dream destinations for the future (once kids are a bit older). And with no kids too? NICE! lol

misty- Lol yeah. I have a pretty huge appetite. Especially if I eat carby sugary food. It never satisfies me. Sure, it tastes good, but my body just wants more and more and more of it until I'm in that too full and bloated to eat anything else. And even then, I would still want more. Stupid body! lol
    I'm waiting to buy any new swimsuit until closer to vacation. Hate swimsuit shopping but actually kinda looking forward to it now.

Brenda- I hope so too :) We're all gonna rock what we got and keep doing our own thing no matter what /nodnod

volgirl- I'm in SC :) We usually go to Myrtle Beach (north myrtle) whenever we go, but wanted to try somewhere different this year. Everywhere else is SOOOO expensive though if you want to be walking distance from the beach.
    We're going to look a bit longer and I think we have a place in mind but you have to pay it all up front and there's no refund :neutral: BOOO

Anywho... thanks yall. It is comforting to know that others go struggle with the same things you do. I mean obviously it would be nice if no one did, but it's good to know that others know exactly what you're going through :)
  • LiLee2018
    170 before breaking my fast tonight with some bone broth.

I swear... does this happen to anyone else? Like when you're about to break through to below a certain weight.. like 170 to 169 or 160 to 159... your weight wants to frickin stall out on you for a hot minute? That seems to be the case for me.. ALL THE TIME. It took me something like 3 weeks before I was in and stayed in the onederlands.
    I saw 169.4 today, but I guess my body decided it didn't want to stay there :\

SIGH!
    Anyway...
    I had more leftover pork ribs and ice cream along with my bone broth. Total calories.. about 1400 give or take. So not too bad.

I had some struggle today with hunger and just wanting to eat. My most difficult times are usually early morning and then around noon-1pm... basically 'normal' meal times. But it wasn't too difficult to ignore thankfully. So glad this is getting easier to do. If you had asked me a month ago if I ever would've thought I'd be wanting to fast for a day or longer and I would've looked at you like you had just sprouted another head.

I think tomorrow I'm definitely going to try just bone broth for dinner. It might be something like 3 coffee cups worth but that's my goal... which reminds me that I really need to get a new batch going b/c I'm running low :yum:

Now to just hope the sleep gets better. It's been crap the last few days and the only thing keeping me going is my 1 caffeinated drink a day lol.
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    I made chicken stock today, thanks to your inspiration. It's a nice beverage replacement and a great vehicle for sodium. Have a good night's rest!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Yes,yes,yes. It happened and still happens to me. I was in my 60-61 kg region for ages. Only recently I went down to 59kg and now I am stuck at 59kg and struggling to get down to 58kg. My body just doesn't want to slim down. But, I stuck to it and finally went down to 59kg. Hang in there👍
  • volgirl1322
    Yeah I think the stall is typical for all of us. And even though I feel like I have a lot to lose my bod took forever to let go of 170...…

We typically go to Panama City (we live in Nashville TN) and it is just about an 8 hour drive but we have been to Myrtle before and loved it and decided to go back this year (10 hour drive) and if I go to the beach, I stay on the beach.....We are staying in a condo there and I can't wait!!!!!!

• LiLee2018
    vol- We took a road trip couple years ago (when I was 7m pregnant with my 2yo) and stopped in Nashville for a night. Went to the Parthenon early morning before it opened. So cool! Before taking the trip, had no idea that something like that was there. Really wish we had stopped for some hot chicken too, but well.. maybe next time lol.
    Lol that was my thought too. If we're going to the beach, I want to stay on the beach or at least be short walking distance b/c with 3 small kids.. I don't want to pack up the van with everything to go there, then unpack, then pack up again etc etc.

jade- It's good to know that it doesn't only happen to me lol. I wonder why it does happen though. /shrugs

asgentr- I hope it came out yummy :) Just started mine 30min ago with chicken feet and spices. They look so gross and weird, but they do make some super duper gelatinous bone broth.

As I said above.. making some more bone broth with 4 packs of chicken feet in my crock pot. Spices include, chicken bouillon, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric and a cube of gel beef bouillon for the hell of it. Also a little apple cider vinegar to help break it all down.
    I'll let it cook probably until dinner tomorrow. I think you could take chicken broth off sooner, but I just like making sure I'm getting out everything I can.
    Also would usually use an actual onion and garlic cloves, but don't have any so... powder it is! lol

Woke up with a dull headache this morning but thankfully it's gone now. Hopefully won't come back.
    Definitely closer to ttotm and that could've been a pms headache.. or maybe I just need more salt... I dunno. Just.... any day now. Get it over and done with. I usually gain a few pounds at the beginning and it's back off before the end.

Feeling ok today though. Still sick and coughing every 2 seconds, but hunger so far today has been manageable. Think it's still a go for just bone broth tonight :)
  • volgirl1322
    Next time you come to Nashville let me know ---lots of hidden hot chicken places here that are worth the calories :)…….

Sorry you are not feeling well ---these allergies are terrible here and I am on the Sudafed train :)……..

Hope your broth turns out well!!!
  • Brendalea69
    I hope your feeling better soon, bone broth should help <3