Tuesday
    PW: 228.7
    CW: 228.7
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    15xia2km294y.jpg

Hello Fat2Fit Challengers!

My name is Steve (aka Steplaj) and I am the group owner for the Fat2Fit Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group. I would like to welcome each and every one of our new and returning challengers. This is truly a spectacular group with an absolutely amazing group of people.

First and foremost, this group belongs to all of us... My moderators and I welcome any input, thoughts, idea's, etc... You can feel free to tag the moderators in your team thread, or you can private message us directly. Your moderators are;
    There are currently six (6) teams and we are beginning this month with approximately 170 active challengers. We always welcome new challengers and you are our best marketing tool, so please feel free to share our group with your family, friends, etc... You can even request they be placed on your team if they decide to join us.

I would like to point out a couple of things about our group. Did you know we have (under announcements) a thread for people with Fitbits and Smart Watches to connect with and add each other? The thread can be found by clicking on this link;
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10478975/fitness-tracker-users#latest

We also have a link which will bring you to the group spreadsheet. All you need to do is click the link below;
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mn3iZQRYdPZnr_O7a1Cj34mh5g0Axlu3TEBlfeAwSwU/edit?usp=sharing

Finally, in past months we have had a "buddy" group where you could post if you were interested in being partnered with a "fitness buddy" to work with you along your fitness journey. I would like to ask everyone what people think about reinstating the buddy system and pairing people up once again. This system helped in the past with things like accountability and support and built some really strong friendships.

If you are interested, please tag Beka ( @beka3695 ) Greg ( @Navydaddjtc ) and myself in a post and let us know...

Thank You, Good Luck, and Have Fun!

Steve ( @steplaj )
    Group Owner/Moderator
    Team Captain - Workout Warriors

• schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Week 1 steps:
    3/31 = 6,890
    4/1 = 12,020
    4/2 = 12,754
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    All weights and steps caught up to here 755pm EDT JK...Need four more steppers to join the team...come up...get motivated and get moving!! :smile: Also @JesusGirl62 Need your last two days of steps please...if we fill in holes now, we won't get stuck at the end of the month trying to fill in... Hope everyone had an awesome day today! I sure did!
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I would like to do April Steps

3/31 7250
    4/1 20,356
    4/2 14,128
  • wilsonkellies
    wilsonkellies Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wilsonkellies
    Week 1
    Wednesday
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Long post warning!

I keep gaining :disappointed: I start every morning with "Today I need to do better on water, not eat before 12 for my IF schedule, and stick to keto."
    I start with a glass of water, get to work. Have a cup or three of tea. Awesome!

Then the daily meeting comes... It's 10:30 and time to go to the floor below, where the kitchen is... with fruits, trail mixes, chocolates, cheese.... Then I go... "As long as I stick to keto I should be good, right?"
    So I grab a bowl of strawberries, and a few slices of cheese...

Lunchtime comes around... EVERYONE has grabbed a bag of chips which we have for free in the kitchen downstairs... They share, and go "Have one". It's fine until someone has the garden salsa sunchips bag.

3 o'clock comes around, my energy is fading, I'm starting to crave something to chew on. I'm sick of cheddar cheese. I'm thinking "trailmixes are still okay on keto. Nuts are allowed, not big amounts, but a 1/4 cup is fine. There is a measuring cup per tube of trailmixes and chocolates in the kitchen. I start with the nuts... then "One twist of chocolate won't hurt too much". . . . . . . Except that one twist, becomes 1/4 cup, which then become 1/2 cup with the extras I take while waiting for the tea to brew before going back upstairs... Best case scenario...

Dinner comes around, keto meal... Arugula with mozzarella cheese and miso dressing. "Awesome...! I got through the day! :smiley: " I take a square of chocolate since I've done so well, and "you can have one square of dark chocolate on keto to reduce your cravings."

The next morning I step on the scale next morning... "Gained 0.4lbs."
    "Again?!?! But I'm sticking to keto, I'm doing IF, why is this again?!
    I was doing so well after Thanksgiving, I even did 40h fasts. I drank 3 bottles of water minimal.
    Why is it so hard now? I'm doing everything right, just like back then!"

Frustration, and a sense of wanting to give up... "learn to live with it. Accept you will never reach your goal weight." These are the thoughts clouding my mind now. "Your will power isn't strong enough, you aren't strong enough."

But hey... just look back at the past 5 paragraphs and you should have the obvious answer... Where is the water?

On Saturday we will be going out drinking to celebrate my 2 best friend's promotions at work. My goal this week, despite that, will be to get back to my 8 glasses of water. I'll try to cut back on chocolate. I'll aim at only having chocolates at home. NONE at work.

Anyone who has any other suggestions on how to stop yourself from giving in to cravings. In my case it might even be an addiction. Mentally I just can't do cold turkey. I can't do complete shut out. That makes me want it even more.
    I've tried "Not right now" or "You can have it on Saturday" method. They all fail after a few weeks.

I was so excited when I did keto and IF. It felt like I finally had found a lifestyle and diet that worked for me... Then I read about how it's not good to have less than 1000cals per day (as I did OMAD and can't have much more than that in one sitting). On top of that, I love cooking, and with having most of my meals at lunchtime with co-workers, it felt like I never cooked anymore. So I started to cook more. One Sunday I cooked up a couple of lunches, in combination with that day's meal. But then... once those portions were out, I felt like cooking something else, after work. I ended up having a small portion of whatever I cooked. Over time those portions became full on meals.

Help... Any suggestions on how I can get back to my OMAD lifestyle? I really felt better. I had more energy, less pain in joints, and my stomach was not as upset all the time, if ever during that time. I lost 1lbs per week without fail, even over Christmas!

I know all these things should in itself be motivations, but still not enough to say no to cravings, addictions, and habits. Help...
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Eddie__Jones
    week 1
    Wednesday
    pw 271
    cw 272
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the step challenge. Please
    3/31 - 12,169
    4/1 - 9,215
    4/2 - 11,131
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    STEPS:
    Wed 3rd: 6,054

(Woke up full of the cold) 😷
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 9,717 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Ahanaz I read your post. I am so sorry you are struggling. I had a very similar story doing IF/keto. I think OMAD works for people who have a lot of weight to lose but not so much for a lifestyle. I feel like your body needs more food and that is why your scale is not moving. 1000 calories a day is okay but you need to switch it up a little. Look at carb cycling. Higher carbs for a few days then lower carbs for a few days. Also, those trail mixes and chips are full of sugar and salt, so even though you may consider them keto, they really aren't the good keto stuff. And are you getting enough fats? That keeps you full. Personally while keto did help me lose weight, it wasn't a lifestyle I wanted to keep. Too restrictive as I love fruit and bread lol. No matter what you do, just keep coming back here for some love, support and motivation.
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    4/3 - 3536
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    4/3-10,870
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Ahanaz wrote: »
    Long post warning!

I keep gaining :disappointed: I start every morning with "Today I need to do better on water, not eat before 12 for my IF schedule, and stick to keto."
    I start with a glass of water, get to work. Have a cup or three of tea. Awesome!

Then the daily meeting comes... It's 10:30 and time to go to the floor below, where the kitchen is... with fruits, trail mixes, chocolates, cheese.... Then I go... "As long as I stick to keto I should be good, right?"
    So I grab a bowl of strawberries, and a few slices of cheese...

Lunchtime comes around... EVERYONE has grabbed a bag of chips which we have for free in the kitchen downstairs... They share, and go "Have one". It's fine until someone has the garden salsa sunchips bag.

3 o'clock comes around, my energy is fading, I'm starting to crave something to chew on. I'm sick of cheddar cheese. I'm thinking "trailmixes are still okay on keto. Nuts are allowed, not big amounts, but a 1/4 cup is fine. There is a measuring cup per tube of trailmixes and chocolates in the kitchen. I start with the nuts... then "One twist of chocolate won't hurt too much". . . . . . . Except that one twist, becomes 1/4 cup, which then become 1/2 cup with the extras I take while waiting for the tea to brew before going back upstairs... Best case scenario...

Dinner comes around, keto meal... Arugula with mozzarella cheese and miso dressing. "Awesome...! I got through the day! :smiley: " I take a square of chocolate since I've done so well, and "you can have one square of dark chocolate on keto to reduce your cravings."

The next morning I step on the scale next morning... "Gained 0.4lbs."
    "Again?!?! But I'm sticking to keto, I'm doing IF, why is this again?!
    I was doing so well after Thanksgiving, I even did 40h fasts. I drank 3 bottles of water minimal.
    Why is it so hard now? I'm doing everything right, just like back then!"

Frustration, and a sense of wanting to give up... "learn to live with it. Accept you will never reach your goal weight." These are the thoughts clouding my mind now. "Your will power isn't strong enough, you aren't strong enough."

But hey... just look back at the past 5 paragraphs and you should have the obvious answer... Where is the water?

On Saturday we will be going out drinking to celebrate my 2 best friend's promotions at work. My goal this week, despite that, will be to get back to my 8 glasses of water. I'll try to cut back on chocolate. I'll aim at only having chocolates at home. NONE at work.

Anyone who has any other suggestions on how to stop yourself from giving in to cravings. In my case it might even be an addiction. Mentally I just can't do cold turkey. I can't do complete shut out. That makes me want it even more.
    I've tried "Not right now" or "You can have it on Saturday" method. They all fail after a few weeks.

I was so excited when I did keto and IF. It felt like I finally had found a lifestyle and diet that worked for me... Then I read about how it's not good to have less than 1000cals per day (as I did OMAD and can't have much more than that in one sitting). On top of that, I love cooking, and with having most of my meals at lunchtime with co-workers, it felt like I never cooked anymore. So I started to cook more. One Sunday I cooked up a couple of lunches, in combination with that day's meal. But then... once those portions were out, I felt like cooking something else, after work. I ended up having a small portion of whatever I cooked. Over time those portions became full on meals.

Help... Any suggestions on how I can get back to my OMAD lifestyle? I really felt better. I had more energy, less pain in joints, and my stomach was not as upset all the time, if ever during that time. I lost 1lbs per week without fail, even over Christmas!

I know all these things should in itself be motivations, but still not enough to say no to cravings, addictions, and habits. Help...

Keto is so bad for you, especially long term. IF is fine if you are ok with skipping a meal, I do IF because im not a huge breakfast eater, and eating early in the day makes me super hungry all day long. but IF and Keto only work if you are in a deficit for calories. 1000 calories in a day is not healthy at all, but by what you said you are eating, cheese, nuts chips, ect, Im willing to bet you are eating more than 1000 calories. If you were eating only 1000 calories you would be losing weight, but remember also it is normal for your body weight to go up and down from day to day, and thats why some people do not weigh in daily because they cant handle day to day weight fluctuations. weigh your food with a food scale, only eat what you pack, its hard at first but it does get easier. I drink coffee until noon, then I eat my lunch that is usually 300-400 calories, then I have a snack about 2 that is about 200 calories, my dinner is usually about 500 calories, and that gives me some room for an extra snack or dessert :)
This discussion has been closed.