SHRINKING ASSETS - APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I would be happy just being green this week!!
  • ssummerlin80
    ssummerlin80 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I can't find the Fitbit group either! Someone please add me. ctmphoto@live.com
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    15xia2km294y.jpg

Hello Fat2Fit Challengers!

My name is Steve (aka Steplaj) and I am the group owner for the Fat2Fit Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group. I would like to welcome each and every one of our new and returning challengers. This is truly a spectacular group with an absolutely amazing group of people.

First and foremost, this group belongs to all of us... My moderators and I welcome any input, thoughts, idea's, etc... You can feel free to tag the moderators in your team thread, or you can private message us directly. Your moderators are;
    There are currently six (6) teams and we are beginning this month with approximately 170 active challengers. We always welcome new challengers and you are our best marketing tool, so please feel free to share our group with your family, friends, etc... You can even request they be placed on your team if they decide to join us.

I would like to point out a couple of things about our group. Did you know we have (under announcements) a thread for people with Fitbits and Smart Watches to connect with and add each other? The thread can be found by clicking on this link;
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10478975/fitness-tracker-users#latest

We also have a link which will bring you to the group spreadsheet. All you need to do is click the link below;
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mn3iZQRYdPZnr_O7a1Cj34mh5g0Axlu3TEBlfeAwSwU/edit?usp=sharing

Finally, in past months we have had a "buddy" group where you could post if you were interested in being partnered with a "fitness buddy" to work with you along your fitness journey. I would like to ask everyone what people think about reinstating the buddy system and pairing people up once again. This system helped in the past with things like accountability and support and built some really strong friendships.

If you are interested, please tag Beka ( @beka3695 ) Greg ( @Navydaddjtc ) and myself in a post and let us know...

Thank You, Good Luck, and Have Fun!

Steve ( @steplaj )
    Group Owner/Moderator
    Team Captain - Workout Warriors

• NayaSaidSo
    NayaSaidSo Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    IladyT
    Week 1 - 185.2

Plan for this week- STAY. ON. TRACK. So many temptations this week will try my best lol.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    weigh ins entered
    @ssummerlin80 - I sent an invite via email. Once we are friends I can invite you to the group.

@LaurieWrobo - I just sent a group invite.

I'm still learning this group thing. Maybe it will allow us to see steps easily. If not, we can send out challenges.

We will figure it out ;)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I walked home from work last night which is 1.25 miles but my mapmyrun says diff
    zyb1za7d7g82.png
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Weigh in reminder

@iamworthy14 - Monday
    @lbgardener - Monday
    @ShowKitten - Tuesday

Due today
    @iLadyT
    @171lake
    @LaurieWrobo
    @ssummerlin80

Asked to carry mine over on Monday as I was still on holiday on weigh in day so 224.4
  • RandiHaszel
    RandiHaszel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How has everyone's first few days of April gone? I was off to a rough start with my weigh in on the first (Monday's), I gained .2 lbs since the weigh in the week prior. But unlike myself I weighed myself this morning and have lost that and a little more to boot. GO ME!!!
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @RandiHaszel April is off to a good start for me too. I weigh in daily as habit (though official weigh-in is Monday), and today I have hit 104kgs (229.3lbs), which means in total I’ve lost 13% body weight since I started on my diet this year. Hope this loss holds till my next official weigh in!

On a week by week basis it fluctuates a lot. Just got to keep going, and will see results sooner or later.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    How has everyone's first few days of April gone?

I’ve lost very consistently for the past 3mo, but have stalled out in April. Hit a new low 24 March, didn’t budge for over a week (attributed it to ToM), got fed up & overate a couple days ago so now the last 2 days I’m up a pound from there. I’m still under for the week, trying to get back on track but incredibly frustrated.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,502 Member
    Options
    How has everyone's first few days of April gone? I was off to a rough start with my weigh in on the first (Monday's), I gained .2 lbs since the weigh in the week prior. But unlike myself I weighed myself this morning and have lost that and a little more to boot. GO ME!!!

Weight wise it seems to be going good. I weigh myself daily. I am struggling a bit with exercise as I am experiencing major anxiety right now. This week I have found it really hard to do anything.
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    April has still been a challenge. I am in control until afternoon then I make poor choices. I just got back from an Italian restaurant and sadly, it didn’t go as I had planned. I’m going out of town on Friday (my weigh in day) so if I maintain that his week, I will consider it a success.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    ShowKitten wrote: »
    Weigh in reminder

@iamworthy14 - Monday
    @lbgardener - Monday
    @ShowKitten - Tuesday

Due today
    @iLadyT
    @171lake
    @LaurieWrobo
    @ssummerlin80

Asked to carry mine over on Monday as I was still on holiday on weigh in day so 224.4

Sorry... ok I will carry over
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    ShowKitten wrote: »
    Weigh in reminder

@iamworthy14 - Monday
    @lbgardener - Monday
    @ShowKitten - Tuesday

Due today
    @iLadyT
    @171lake
    @LaurieWrobo
    @ssummerlin80

Sorry... ok I will carry over

Thank you ❤️
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,502 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 I would be very interested if the buddy system is started again. I was in a group that had an exercise challenge every month but it folded. I really could use the support!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @Beka3695 I would be very interested if the buddy system is started again. I was in a group that had an exercise challenge every month but it folded. I really could use the support!

We have had that here from time to time. I will chat with the other mods and see if we can start something up. That is how I became friends with @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong . Teri is AWESOME and one of my BFs. I like the buddy system, too!!

I will let you know what the other mods decide.
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    RunRaineyRun
    Thursday
    PW: 239.5
    CW: 240

Taking that on the chin and hopefully will be better.

Excited this week to be going to a concert! I haven’t been in a couple of years, I’ve missed the buzz of excitement and the ability to sing at the top of my lungs and no one really hears or cares!
    I’m going to see Shawn Mendes [insert heart eyes emoji here]. I know I’m almost old enough to be his mother but I just love the music. Maybe I’ll get some cardio in while dancing in heels? Haha.
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 I’d like to know more about the buddy system too - how does it work?
  • alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I’d definitely be interested in the buddy system too!!

April’s been going well for me so far - my weight stalled all of March, and I’m not really sure why, as I weigh things and track meticulously and I was always under(I exercise for 2-3hours(2ish hours of strength training and 30min of HIIT or some other form of intense cardio) 6 days a week. It’s finally starting to budge now that I increased my calorie intake, so I’m definitely not complaining about that 😂
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    TattooedDolphinGirl78
    Week 1
    Friday
    PW: 201.0
    CW: 201.6

Considering I've been working lots of overtime the past 2 weeks (hence my absence) and not going to the gym, these itty bitty increases aren't too bad. I should be able to get back on track next week when work goes back to normal.
This discussion has been closed.