Leslie Sansone April 2019 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
April (2019)

WELCOME to all walkers!

Happy April Fools Day :) Yes, it is really true that it is time to start a new monthly challenge for April 2019!

April showers will soon be bringing May flowers! Spring is here with some areas having more rain than usual lately, and for other areas just not quite enough. Yet for others it could still look a bit like winter with some snow falling or hanging around, but hopefully some little tiny flowers are peeking up through any snow ;) At any rate, regardless of your weather we can all make April another extraordinarily awesome month while we continue walking indoors, or out, during April.

We will be heading into summer before we know it, so lets take advantage of the pleasant walking weather :) . There are still so many possibilities and opportunities for a healthy year, no matter what this year has turned out to be for each of us thus far! Start overs are available each and every day, as well as each month here on the Monthly Challenge.

Since it is already "officially" Spring then there will be much to see on our walks outdoors as the seasons change. Then getting out to walk your miles will ensure that we don't miss anything as spring flowers and beautiful flowering trees and gardens appear. Raining??? Then having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking outdoors whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk or workout took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into April! Can you believe it :o . It seems like we blinked and winter is gone and Spring is here. So join us as we turn yet another calendar page... and walk our way to a Happy and Healthy April. No fooling :p

Let us continue through 2019 by walking strong and with the determination!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    April Goal 115 miles

This month, I need to really get back on track with my workouts. Even though I am within my calorie goal, pounds are creeping on and I think it must be metabolic, so I need to refocus on fitness. Since I am on campus on Tuesday and Thursday, I am making those my strength training days and not worrying about miles. The other 5 days, I am going for an average of 3 miles a day. Since I did not make my goal for March, I am resetting it at 115 for April!

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another 80 miles. Apple Watch challenge for April: Do 11 workouts of 15 minutes or more.

Last month I learned it's just really hard for me to find the time to do a 4 or 5 mile walk from Leslie. Last month Business spiked the last 2 weeks and by the time I can find the time to do a DVD, I'm so exhausted I can't get into the mode. So, I guess, for now, I'm going to be a 5K girl.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get in 3 strength sessions each week.

Walk Happy, everyone!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal: 5 strength sessions a week
    4/1.... 34 minutes of weights and 18 minutes of a low impack HIIT workout
  • binkviv
    binkviv Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Happy fools day!
    My goal is 85 miles this month.

4/1... 3 miles
  • JoyStoltenburg
    JoyStoltenburg Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Happy April!! My goal for April will be another 120 mile with strength band 2 days a week.

4/1 Workout #73 3 Walk to the Hiits (radio remix) miles and 1 run a mile with Leslie and Nick total 4 miles
    April Miles 4/120 goal 2019 296/1000
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am in for 115 miles this month. Fingers crossed April showers are kind and allow me to golf at least 4 days a week.

3.56/115

3.56 miles on the Gazelle this morning.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    April Goal 115 miles

4/1-Just Walk-Walk of Fat Fast- 30 minutes (2 miles)- 2 miles total

Deeder Do not feel bad! The only time I can get those 4 and 5 mile walks in is on the weekend. Through the week, I have all good intentions, but it never happens. 45 minutes and a shower burn up all the time I seem to have. 3Ks are better than no Ks right??? :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • JoyStoltenburg
    Options
    Happy April!! My goal for April will be another 120 mile with strength band 2 days a week.

4/1 Workout #73 3 Walk to the Hiits (radio remix) miles and 1 run a mile with Leslie and Nick total 4 miles
    4/2 Workout #74 4.17 miles carrying and loading parts to a greenhouse across the street I helped take apart
    April Miles 8/120 2019 miles 300/1000
  • AnnofB
    Options
    4/1.... 34 minutes of weights and 18 minutes of a low impack HIIT workout
    4/2.... 46 minutes of Burn to the Beat
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    11.50/115

7.94 miles golfing this morning.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    4 Miles Walk Slim Fast & Firm

9 of 155 miles
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    19.61/115

8.11 miles golfing today
  • JoyStoltenburg
    Options

4/2 Workout #74 4.17 miles carrying and loading parts to a greenhouse across the street I helped take apart
    April Miles 8/120 2019 miles 300/1000
    4/3 Work out # 75 4 Mile Mixup 3 different Leslie Sansone classes Classic Walk Party 1 Mile; Walk & Tone with Nadia 1 mile; Walk 15 2 miles
    April Miles= 12/120 2019 = 304/1000
  • AnnofB
    Options
    4/1.... 34 minutes of weights and 18 minutes of a low impact HIIT workout
    4/3.... 58 minutes of The 4 Mile Super Challenge
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    5 Miles of the 5 Day Slim Down + both floor sessions from Belly Blasting Walk

14 of 155 miles
  • binkviv
    binkviv Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    4/2.... 4 miles

7/85 miles
  • AnnofB
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Goal: 3 strength sessions a week
    4/1.... 34 minutes of weights and 18 minutes of a low impact HIIT workout
    4/3.... 58 minutes of The 4 Mile Super Challenge
    4/4.... 37 minutes strength session and 46 minutes of 5 Mix and Match Miles/Jessica Smith

Hmmm, I just realized for some reason I have been showing my goal as 5 instead of 3 strength sessions a week. 5 ain't gonna happen! :D

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    22.87/115

3.26 miles on the Gazelle