WAIST AWAYS - April 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,212 Member
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    My 5.5 "W's"

How am I going to stay focused and reminded of my goals? I’ve slacked lately with communicating with my F2F teammates and MFP friends. They’ve been a source of great support and encouragement and I know they’re there for me. I plan to check in daily and hope they’ll check in with me if I don’t. I definitely need accountability.

Please do! I find that the more people who check in, give each other support, and get some in return, the better it all goes. Now we know about some of your enjoyments and challenges - we'll be there! It is hard sometimes, though, to check in with someone if they do not post on the team for a bit. I am never sure when it is invasive, or if the person has found a different team or group they like better. Sharing your diary with your friends can be great - have at least one buddy and check each other every day. That can work well, and is independent of specific teams.

On that subject, though - @steplaj (moderator and one of the big cheeses :wink: ) asked if we would want the "old" buddy system to be set up again? I was not on F2F when this was part of it, but it sounds great to me. I would really like it, and it sounds like some others would too. What do people think?
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Welcome to April - and our first weigh-in is posted! Thanks, Andrea @Andreabroadley ! I'm coming to know that there are a lot of Canadians on this team. We are from Québec and Ontario, as far as I recall - anyone from other provinces?

We also have two more new members to welcome:

@karenesg returning after a break - welcome back!
    @martarena jump in and have a good time on the team :smiley:

Results from last month should be posted soon - those moderators are on the ball. They get it done EARLY - so remember as the weeks go on, please post your weights on the morning they are due so that no one gets missed, especially the Saturday people. Our weeks always begin on Sunday.

Have a great day and let us know your plans, goals, dreams for the month. Tally ho!

Hello I am from Canada BC 🇨🇦. I was hoping to find a few people closer to home. I hope this is my group. 😊
  • rosetigger
    Options
    I would like to join the step challenge. Please
    3/31 - 12,169
    4/1 - 9,215
    4/2 - 11,131

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @steplaj (moderator and one of the big cheeses :wink: ) asked if we would want the "old" buddy system to be set up again? I was not on F2F when this was part of it, but it sounds great to me. I would really like it, and it sounds like some others would too. What do people think?

I highly endorse it! If I hadn't just set up a buddy-system side-challenge with someone from my other accountability challenge, I'd be in it for sure.

• reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    rosetigger wrote: »

Hello I am from Canada BC 🇨🇦. I was hoping to find a few people closer to home. I hope this is my group. 😊

I'm in Alberta.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    Options
    Who will you exercise with? Me,myself and I!!
    How many reps / how much more weight lifted will give you a “Personal Best?” Everytime I make it through BodyPump is my "Personal Best"!!
    What will you be doing instead of late-night snacking?
    When do you pack your lunch / do your logging? First thing as well. Dinner is always logged first!! Then I work everything else in!
    Where - In my workout room...Les Mills On Demand!
    why – to get healthy, in shape and lose weight!
  • fourathomej
    Options
    @reflectionofme I live in Alberta as well - Edmonton!
  • fourathomej
    Options
    STEPS:
    4/3 - 12980
  • rosetigger
    Options
    Looks like I'm on the Trimstones team. I'll miss you my Canadian Friends. Good Luck.
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I am in for steps challenge this month too. Also I would like to chnage my weight in day from Saturday to Friday. @jugar let me know if that’s possible at this point
  • BMcC9
    Options
    We have several options for comments per day .... sooooo for TH---- Thursdays ...... you ONLY need to pick one of the following (but go for more if you have the time and feel like posting more):

Thrilling Thursday - what thrills you? what has been really exciting this week, no matter how small?
    Threat Thursday - what is a threat to your getting fit or eating well? what's your plan?
    Thrifty Thursday - tips to save a few $$
    (Heart)throb Thursday - tell us about someone you love. Someone in your family, a friend, a role model, an imaginary person - the sky is the limit.
    Throwaway Thursday - what are you getting rid of?

Also, respond or comment on what others have posted.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Thrifty Thursday - tips to save a few $$

By bringing my morning coffee (and dusting off my "makes one mug at a time" doo-dad for the a.m. break coffee) I save $2 per serving from the price in the caff. So $4/day x 5 days a week ($20) x 4 weeks a month ....... saves me $100 !! o:)

Thrilling Thursday - what thrills you? what has been really exciting this week, no matter how small?

So I bought myself an ice-cream and sherbet maker ( on sale, for LESS than that) with last month's savings .... and now that I am on Maintenance, I will have to get new spring clothes ....and now that I AM on Maintenance, they can be BRAND NEW clothes .... best make sure I keep saving the coffee money all summer .... I doubt there will be much of a net profit .... >:)
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/3~ 10,168
  • jugar
    edited April 2019
    Options

I'm in Alberta.
    @reflectionofme and @fourathomej ! Alberta...
    My daughter just moved to Wainwright - I drove out there with her (from Québec) and stayed for a couple of weeks. It was freeeeezing, but wonderful. We went up to Edmonton a couple of times, but I wasn't able to spend much time in the city. I will be back!
  • jugar
    Options
    Looks like I'm on the Trimstones team. I'll miss you my Canadian Friends. Good Luck.

You can switch into our team if you want - just let your Captain know, and we'll take care of it!
  • jugar
    Options
    Kittu125 wrote: »
    I am in for steps challenge this month too. Also I would like to chnage my weight in day from Saturday to Friday. @jugar let me know if that’s possible at this point

NO PROBLEM!
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm going for the heartthrob Thursday today. But with comments on @BMcC9 's thrift. And sorbet. mmmmmm

I am not very good at expressions of heartthrob. But today I feel especially heart-ful towards my taller half. He drives me crazy, but then he does things like watch a squall through an open window, describing the way he sees the wild air currents, the snow blasting around, the dancing trees, and how he understands how drifts happen (yesterday!). Or the red squirrel society - he can tell them apart, and knows who is getting picked on and who is the boldest. He tries to overprotect our 22 year-old son and I have to pull him up short, and sometimes he listens... We complain together about how hard it is taking care of his 95 year-old mother sometimes. We have trouble understanding each other and we both make stupid assumptions about what the other one thinks or believes (I was going to say he does those things, but I'm sure we both do!). He is starting to feel his age (he's turning 72 on Saturday) and it is frustrating that he cannot do all the huge amounts of outside, hard physical tasks he has always done. He worries but it shows up as anger or silence, and then I get worried. It shows up as silence a lot of the time too. But somewhere under all the surface, neither of us would ever turn our back on the other. We have a deep current of connection that is completely mystifying. And of course our two kids have our hearts and backs always.

OK - back to safer territory.
    The best thing I bought was an ice cream maker. I have never made ice cream in it - only sorbet. Fruits of all kinds make the most amazing non-fat sweet enough fabulous dessert. Serving size is way bigger than ice cream, and it satisfies those cravings! Ice cream is the one sweet thing I cannot NOT eat if it is in the house, so this solves the problem all summer long. They are not expensive to buy, and the results are spectacular.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/3 - 11,314 😊
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Threat Thursday- not actually a threat but definitely a happy challenge. My son and his girlfriend will be visiting this weekend so that means all my family will be together for meals and snacks. We all love a good cheeseboard. It’s a happy time because in my family food is love. There will also be drinks.

How will I handle this? I’m going to enjoy myself but portion out a small amount that I can have. I will account for a glass of wine or a cosmo by walking or maybe getting everyone to head over to the tennis courts. Of course, the baby can’t play, but we can take turns with her. There is also an Earth Day event at the library where we attend story time, so I’m hoping we can do that and take a hike around the property.

So I’m going to do the best I can. Get some exercise with them. And forgive myself if I’m not perfect. I don’t get to have all my fam together every week.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Options
    Thrilling Thursday- I am really excited because I have made 16,000 steps+ this week I had a sitting appointment yesterday, super strong winds, now I am going to the dentist for my check up, sitting again I already have 9,000 steps, and it only 11:00am.
This discussion has been closed.