DBF: 6
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    April 5th

Me: 5
    The Binge: 0

Days Binge Free: 13

Even went out to dinner with my boyfriend and didn't force myself to finish the whole plate or anything. Closing in on my top record so I'm kind of nervous but trying to stay optimistic.
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    April 6th

Me: 5
    Binge: 0
    DBF: 7
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,121 Member
    Options
    Me5
    B0
    Dbf0
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,121 Member
    Options
    Me6
    Dbf0
  • Czuni6
    Czuni6 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    4/7/18

Me: 7
    B: 0
    DBF: 8
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Today the binge won :( I'm disappointed in myself, frustrated and full to bursting. But will pick myself up, brush myself off, and keep on with a new day tomorrow.

Me: 6
    Binge: 1
    DBF: 0
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    April 7th

I overate all weekend long. It was one of those, oh I am on vacation, so I want to not worry about it. However, when we got home last night, the binge totally won. Trying to get back on track this week, but I once again feel out of control with this.
  • hillmike56
    Options
    April 8th

DBF: 9
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    April 8th

Me: 8
    The Binge: 0

Days Binge Free: 16

I almost went out of control on the 15th day, but I didn't. I had more sweets than I should have but there's still plenty left in my kitchen right now, so I feel pretty good. Today all I wanted to do was binge. But I didn't. This is the longest I've ever gone. I'm just scared to stay home alone because I feel like I'll lose myself, so I'll keep busy this week. Hopefully by the end of the week it will become easier.
  • hillmike56
    Options
    April 9th

DBF: 10

@fitatelo ? "it will become easier" I've always hoped that with a string for victories that would be the case. I haven't found that yet. Great focus on your fight so far! "all i wanted to do was binge" had that day myself Saturday those are confidence builders in the battle.
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    April 8th

DBF: 1
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    @Fitatelo @hillmike56

I once heard "it doesn't get easier, you just get better" and I found that holds true. I have other coping skills and ways of dealing with binge urges. The urges never seem to go away, and I still give in way too often, but I am getting better at keeping them at bay.
  • aishmartin
    Options
    @Fitatelo @hillmike56

I once heard "it doesn't get easier, you just get better" and I found that holds true. I have other coping skills and ways of dealing with binge urges. The urges never seem to go away, and I still give in way too often, but I am getting better at keeping them at bay.

Please please! What are the skills and ways you deal with your binge urges? Please share!
  • aishmartin
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Binge: 2

Happened again last night :( So ashamed and frustrated. One step forward and a million steps back.
  • hillmike56
    Options
    April 10th

Me: 9
    DBF: 11

@aishmartin not sure anyone here can give you the skill set you ask for but research a disorder called {BED} Binge Eating Disorder. You are not to first to feel "ashamed and frustrated One step forward and a million steps back".
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    April 9th

DBF: 2

@aishmartin I second looking up BED, there are a lot of great resources out there. You will find some recommendations that really are helpful, and some that just don't help you out. So try to not feel too frustrated if it takes you a while. It really is a lot of trial and error.

For me, personally, there are 2 main things that I had to address to see any real progress.

1) I needed to find better outlets for my stress. Self-care (journaling, skin-care, trying to get enough sleep etc) was really important for this. Small changes here, so I could make it a habit.

2) I needed to stop trying to lose weight. I had put on a lot of it while I was binging multiple times a day for months on end, and I really wanted to get rid of it. Unfortunately I had to focus more on not binging, than trying to have a calorie deficit. It was a real challenge for me, but it got me to a much better place. I still need to lose that 20 lbs, but I notice I start binging more when I try to restrict.