WAIST AWAYS - April 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    BASEBALL SCORES FOR FRIDAY

1. @jugar - 30 minutes TRX workout, 45 minutes hike, 7500 steps = single double single
    2. @jlbtnc - 45 minutes = double
    3. @sue_01 -65 mins. 16,000 = triple triple
    4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
    Thanks for getting this started! I was out this evening and things are running a tad late. Looking good - and thanks for the Sunday stats - keep them coming if you have them!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    late for thurs, sorry
    cw 215.4
    I am not gone, just getting back on track. Today was better eating (no junk at work) and better at home. I'm kicking out the IGM
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    sue_01 wrote: »
    BASEBALL SCORES FOR FRIDAY

1. @jugar - 30 minutes TRX workout, 45 minutes hike, 7500 steps = single double single
    2. @jlbtnc - 45 minutes = double
    3. @sue_01 -65 mins. 16,000 = triple triple
    4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
    Thanks for getting this started! I was out this evening and things are running a tad late. Looking good - and thanks for the Sunday stats - keep them coming if you have them!
    Steps for today -20k
    60 minutes of walking/run
    20 minutes weight trainings
    Apologies for delay ... phone got discharged
  • Kittu125
    Options
    Weigh in for Friday - 183.8
  • Kittu125
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Kittu125 wrote: »
    @jugar
    Apologies for being late today.

Just finished my walking

18173 steps today
    60 mins - walk/ run - sprints
    20 mins walking with weights

Not too late at all - we are more relaxed now, except for SATURDAY which everyone will have to be very prompt. @Navydaddjtc and I will tally the scores and review the play-by-play to post the results first thing on Sunday.

@Kittu125 - do you have steps and/or workouts for Sunday? I seem to be missing your steps, and we'd love to put in some scores for Sunday for baseball too.

Tally ho!
    Sunday steps -6090
    45 minutes - Brisk walk
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Steps on Friday was 8587
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Team Weight No More's Week 3 Group Challenge Today Matters

omgl8uz38b0s.jpg

A Four minute Four Circle goal setting tool
    Adapted from Steve Chandler's book "100 ways to motivate yourself"

The Four Circle Method is a game changer if you suffer with the thought "I have so much weight to lose and it will TAKE FOREVER."

This is a great tool that helps you plan what you will do today to get you to that far away goal. You see, most of us are just disconnected from the smaller version of ourselves. We can't believe that the little things we do today MATTER. We think things like, "This bite won't hurt" or "I’m done… weighing 150lbs will take forever so give me a cookie."

The Four Circles basically trains your brain to believe how important today's tiny steps are. Yep...drinking the water matters versus our usual thought of drinking the water isn't enough.

Instruction: Start by drawing four circles on a piece of paper (see example below). The circles represent one year, one month, one week, and today. Inside each circle write down what you want. It can be anything. Start with the one year circle first.

The top left circle is the one year goal.
    The top right breaks that goal down into a smaller piece, a monthly goal.
    The bottom left is an even smaller piece, a weekly goal.
    The bottom right is EVERYTHING you are going to do today that will help you reach your goal.

Without looking at our goals on a daily basis, we tend to lose sight of them and get caught up in reacting to people and circumstances, forgetting about our one year goal. If you hit your daily goal every day, your weekly goal is automatically hit. If your weekly goal every week is reached, the monthly goal has to happen If you hit your monthly goal every month, your yearly goal will be achieved.

Ultimately, success is dependent upon just one of the circles: the circle labeled "today". When you realize the irrefutable mathematical truth contained in this system, you have just proved on paper that your day and your life are the same thing. There is no future other than the future you are working on today. Your future is not stranded out there somewhere in space.

Now tell your team and share your goals. Every day matters. What will you do today?

uowm98yw87cp.png

• jugar
    Options
    Still need 2 more stats! BASEBALL FRIDAY SCORES
    Friday 12 April
    1. @jugar 30 workout, 45 walk hard, 7500 steps = single double single
    2. @jlbtnc 45 minutes, 8587 steps = double single
    3. @sue_01 65 minutes, 16,000 steps = triple triple
    4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125 60+20 minutes, 20,000 steps = triple HR
    6. @fourathomej
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    matthewsfive
    Weight in day: Sat
    PW:233.8
    CW:231.6
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/12~4,118 😩 i will do better today!
  • jugar
    Options
    AND it's time for

q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg

Thanks Friday people - only missing one:
    @AmyRobF see if you can get yours in please!

SATURDAY weigh-ins MUST be in by tonight please! Don't be missed in the week's tally:
    @martarena
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @treebek
    @snowstormy8
    @evangsimmons170
  • jugar
    Options
    End of week reflections:

There is something about the baseball challenge that has really helped get my exercise tuned up and intensified. I am really enjoying our team (every day you are there! every day you are awesome!) and the other teams are also really giving us a run for our efforts. At first I thought we were going to win easily, but watch out! They have upped their game...

As some of you saw, because @mari_moulin has stepped away for a while as moderator for F2F, I was asked to join the moderators, and I accepted. So far it is a blast - they are a great bunch and I am enjoying getting to know the other teams and captains. I really miss Mari! In order to make this work, I'd love it if my wonderful co-captain could take over the weigh-ins again - @BMcC9 could you do that? I'll keep on with the steps since they count in the baseball scores, and when the baseball is over there will doubtless be other challenges that I'll pester you about. We could also use an official Motivator or two. We seem to have lost ours! Anyone want to step up and do that? It means posting things you find helpful, motivating, brilliant, or fun. Helping out with getting more conversation going.

Food has been good this week - but I am enjoying a beer with or before dinner too often. That's my next project - I love good beer and if there is anyone else trying to kick or cut down their alcohol, let's buddy up!
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Team Weight No More's Week 3 Group Challenge Today Matters

omgl8uz38b0s.jpg

A Four minute Four Circle goal setting tool
    Adapted from Steve Chandler's book "100 ways to motivate yourself"

The Four Circle Method is a game changer if you suffer with the thought "I have so much weight to lose and it will TAKE FOREVER."

This is a great tool that helps you plan what you will do today to get you to that far away goal. You see, most of us are just disconnected from the smaller version of ourselves. We can't believe that the little things we do today MATTER. We think things like, "This bite won't hurt" or "I’m done… weighing 150lbs will take forever so give me a cookie."

The Four Circles basically trains your brain to believe how important today's tiny steps are. Yep...drinking the water matters versus our usual thought of drinking the water isn't enough.

Instruction: Start by drawing four circles on a piece of paper (see example below). The circles represent one year, one month, one week, and today. Inside each circle write down what you want. It can be anything. Start with the one year circle first.

The top left circle is the one year goal.
    The top right breaks that goal down into a smaller piece, a monthly goal.
    The bottom left is an even smaller piece, a weekly goal.
    The bottom right is EVERYTHING you are going to do today that will help you reach your goal.

Without looking at our goals on a daily basis, we tend to lose sight of them and get caught up in reacting to people and circumstances, forgetting about our one year goal. If you hit your daily goal every day, your weekly goal is automatically hit. If your weekly goal every week is reached, the monthly goal has to happen If you hit your monthly goal every month, your yearly goal will be achieved.

Ultimately, success is dependent upon just one of the circles: the circle labeled "today". When you realize the irrefutable mathematical truth contained in this system, you have just proved on paper that your day and your life are the same thing. There is no future other than the future you are working on today. Your future is not stranded out there somewhere in space.

Now tell your team and share your goals. Every day matters. What will you do today?
    I woke up this morning knowing I have to recommit to my health and healthy weight. I start each day with all good intentions, logging breakfast, measuring, planning and sometimes logging lunch, hardly ever measuring and logging dinner and the after-dinner treats… whether cocktails, healthy snacks or gluttonous binges. Still staying within the same 1-3 pound range which is fortunate. But this vicious cycle is getting to my head… making me just a little bit crazy, irritable, overthinking things, trying to justify my habits and behavior and I know I must stop self-sabotaging and pay more attention to my mental/emotional health.

So this challenge is perfect for me. Perfect timing. Perfectly simple. Perfectly do-able.

So here it is…
    My Four Circles to Success
    Yes, the colors are significant…
    To me the color
    Purple represents hope
    Green represents growth
    Yellow represents excitement
    Red represents celebration
    All are connected, one will lead to the next

59pwnwy365nh.png

Plan to see my success report tomorrow.

Happy Restart Saturday to me and to all B)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 201.6
    CW 202.5

Feeling a little unfocused. Trying to deal with my taxes. But I am doing everything possible to procrastinate. Running out of time.

6r5wqiy4q43c.png
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Not done steps for today. But the weather is awful and I have sitting work to do.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    Fri stats...sorry fell asleep on the couch
    Steps: 12087
    Run/walk 75 min
    BodyPump 60 min
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Not done steps for today. But the weather is awful and I have sitting work to do.

You can use the weather excuse to do an indoor workout! Get on youtube or something and find a good bodyweight workout of at least 30 minutes and you will not regret it - then march around the house and you'll get your steps in. I just spent 40 minutes on the phone with my mom, walking briskly round and round the downstairs, upstairs, and everywhere the whole time. Even that counts for something. Taxes will get done even better if you get your sweat and endorphins going, right??

Speaking of steps, yesterday isn't quite enough to add up to a single, but if you also can report # of minutes of any kind of intentional exercise that could count too!
  • jugar
    Options
    Fri stats...sorry fell asleep on the couch
    Steps: 12087
    Run/walk 75 min
    BodyPump 60 min

Couch sleeping is rough on the neck - hope you got to bed and slept like a log! Great exercise.
  • jugar
    Options
    Friday 12 April BASEBALL
    1. @jugar 30 workout, 45 walk hard, 7500 steps = single double single
    2. @jlbtnc 45 minutes, 8587 steps = double single
    3. @sue_01 65 minutes, 16,000 steps = triple triple
    4. @micki48 3,567 steps = strike out unless you have minutes to fill in? I'll update this if you do!
    5. @Kittu125 60+20 minutes, 20,000 steps = triple HR
    6. @fourathomej 75+60 minutes, 12,087 steps = triple triple double
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You guys are ROCKING the baseball game! Whooohoooo Go Team !!!
This discussion has been closed.