Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• puschingketo
    puschingketo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What's up Keto friends? Just started a Keto diet yesterday! I'm a pretty big guy - 6'1, 213lbs. Starting this diet after listening to Dr. Perlmutter (Theo Von) & Dr. Rhonda Patrick (Rogan) podcasts. Excited to join this community and dedicated to logging an entry every day. I'll be getting baseline blood work done to better understand my bio-markers next Tuesday. Reach out and stay strong!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you back @elize7. I've thought of you over your time gone. :)
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Hi pals. Remember me?

Just dipping my toe back in keto waters after a fairly prolonged, not so great patch of life.

Not even sure I'm nudge ready yet; but, I'm missing my former lifestyle in a major way. Especially, I miss having energy and that my body had so many less aches and pains.
    Hoping to retrieve all my old keto habits and routines, as well as check in with my keto fam... starting today.
    So nice to see familiar names here.

Back in the saddle!

I’m so happy to see you back! I wondered about you.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Hi pals. Remember me?

Just dipping my toe back in keto waters after a fairly prolonged, not so great patch of life.

Not even sure I'm nudge ready yet; but, I'm missing my former lifestyle in a major way. Especially, I miss having energy and that my body had so many less aches and pains.
    Hoping to retrieve all my old keto habits and routines, as well as check in with my keto fam... starting today.
    So nice to see familiar names here.

Back in the saddle!

Welcome back!! :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Still trying to eat mainly a Keto diet. I have trouble with eating cake and donuts! My main meals are Keto I just have to stay away from sugar! My name is Mary and I’m a sugar addict...
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Greetings fellow keto people. Just checking in. Finally got a new phone yesterday so am counting calories/macro again. Went the first 3 weeks of keto by feel, which was a good experiment. On my old phone whenever I logged onto the MFP app, my phone spazzed out and powered down... I was active here a year ago with success, looking to reclaim the weight loss and the general healthy feeling and energy this type of eating provides. Just wanted to introduce myself and say I am glad to be here.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @dawnz75. I remember you and am glad you are back. :)
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I tried keto last year and dropped 35 lbs in 3 months but, then Thanksgiving came and I fell off and haven't been able to get back on. Today is my first day back and would love some fellow Keto friends especially if you keep a diary. I'm always looking for meal ideas and love to see how others do it. Thanks and good luck to everyone :)
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Looks like I will have to start logging again :(
    The good news is that my most recent snack-that-shouldn’t-be no longer tastes good. I am_hoping_ that means I got whatever I was needing from it (even though I have no idea which nutrient I was missing out on). I have been trying to not track and see if I can keep it up and, thankfully, looks to be mostly good. I am sure I didn’t gain the 100+ lbs I did last time I stopped tracking but the measurements I can do are growing.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    zanyterp wrote: »
    Looks like I will have to start logging again :(
    The good news is that my most recent snack-that-shouldn’t-be no longer tastes good. I am_hoping_ that means I got whatever I was needing from it (even though I have no idea which nutrient I was missing out on). I have been trying to not track and see if I can keep it up and, thankfully, looks to be mostly good. I am sure I didn’t gain the 100+ lbs I did last time I stopped tracking but the measurements I can do are growing.

I figure I can never stop tracking, since I'm a fatty that's no good at not-eating unless I'm in that sweet sweet ketosis state of being. But lucky for you, MFP and the diary is still around and waiting! :smiley:
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @CentaurusSoter you & me both (which is part of how i know i need to start tracking again……and the only reason i did not gain back 100+ lbs while i have not been tracking the last month as an experiment). i had hoped that i was fat-adapted/keto-ready enough. and it looks like i was wrong. maybe i will try again in another 9 months
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I've had great success with Keto in the past and lost over 75lbs. Got lazy, the weight crept back on. Restarted Keto and dropped the pounds. Got lazy again and gained 46lbs :( Started back on Keto on 4/7/19 and have dropped 16lbs so far. I don't know why I ever stop Keto. It is really pretty easy for me, especially when I incorporate IF and only need to think about what to eat once or twice a day. My H just started Keto with me yesterday so hopefully we can encourage each other to keep going and not get lazy. I still have about 100lbs to lose and I think he'd like to lose around 75lbs. I put him on a Keto diet last year for a weight loss competition he was in and between diet and exercise, he lost 42lbs in a month, so not fair LOL I'm sure he won't have quite that much success this time since he is not exercising, but hoping we can shave off 20lbs for him this month to keep him motivated.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Apparently I can't edit my post here, but I wanted to add that I'm feeling a little frustrated and confused right now. Like, I know that weight loss is not linear. And I know that the Bio-impedence scales aren't the most accurate. What I don't understand is how I've been in a deficit every day without fail, and in the last 8 days I've only lost .6lbs but according to my scale my bf% has gone down 3%. Ugh!
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi!🌺 I just came back from nearly a month holidays,Last mount, I ate mainly keto/low carb foods with lot of vegetables and fruits.I prepared and packed foods to eat everywhere even airports and planes.I had 3 liqueur coffees and 2 airline potion cakes as treats.I gained 1.8 kg/3.9 lbs .After 1 day, I already lost 0.6 kg/ 1.1 lb of water weight.I knew I would gain weight as I didn't have time to track my macros and I ate more of cause. I'm tracking my macros and counting my calories again.I hope to go from 57.9 kg/127.3 lbs to

50 kg/ 110 lbs one of these days. have a good day,keto friends xxx 💗🥑
  • Minnygirl1
    Minnygirl1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just started keto about 1 week ago. I haven’t weighed myself yet but I plan to tomorrow. So far I’m staying at about 25-35 carbs/ day. For now that is as low as I can stand it. I can try to drop lower over time (if it seems necessary). I need to lose about 25 lbs. I’m not so concerned about speed, im concerned about making this whole journey less painful. I.e. not so hangry all the time. Lol. So far...it’s been pretty easy and I feel really good....so....WIN!
  • Minnygirl1
    Minnygirl1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Update: I’m down 4 in the first week. I am pretty motivated by that. At 51 years old, I was starting to think that being 25 pounds overweight was just the way it is. Counting calories just wasn’t working. All my old diet tricks weren’t working anymore. I swear I have been watching my weight my whole adult life. So far, I’m loving this Keto.
This discussion has been closed.