TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May)

Options

Replies

• countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hi Team :) I am excited to take part of the challenge with you all! I am countrycreek, I am a married, mom and grandma. <3 I have been on MFP on and off for awhile.. never getting anywhere. Gaining and losing the same pounds over and over again. I have approx 25 pounds to lose. I recently started intermittent fasting and low carb. It seems to help with some of my cravings. My goal is to lose a pound a week. I enjoy, gardening, thrifting, refinishing furniture.. we have a big yard so alot of my exercise is yardwork. I want to start weight training again, which I loved doing in the past, it made me feel strong and accomplished. My biggest challenge is counting calories.. keeping me from being successful when I don't. It might take me a bit to fiqure out the challenges rules but I am looking forward to getting in shape, making new friends and our team camaraderie. Let's go..TBBT team!

Hope I'm not to cheessy.. just excited!

@countrycreek, welcome! It sounds like you have some reasonable goals.....getting back into weight training, losing a pound a week and pushing yourself to log your food. Hope we can help motivate you in some small way to reach these goals!

And no, you are not too cheesy at all!! Besides, cheese is allowed, as long as it fits inside your daily calorie budget! lol!!

Thank you!
  • countrycreek
    Options
    Hi Team

Does anyone use/ have any strategies for those weekend family gatherings that evolve around food?

In the past .. I have eaten before we go so I am not famished.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hi Team

Does anyone use/ have any strategies for those weekend family gatherings that evolve around food?

@countrycreek, eating beforehand is a good strategy as long as it actually curtails your hunger, and allows you to eat less, and you feel comfortable around your family declining offers of food. If you know what's on the menu, you can plan ahead as to what you will sample and what you will pass on. If it is a buffet, go through the line first without a plate, just taking inventory of what might fit into your calories, or what might be that speciality that you just can't pass up on, and leave the rest of the standard fare for someone else. Always stand or sit as far away from the food table as possible. If there are appetizers, be sure to have a low cal drink in your hand at all times, so that your hands are not completely free to nibble.
  • countrycreek
    Options
    Hi Team

@countrycreek, eating beforehand is a good strategy as long as it actually curtails your hunger, and allows you to eat less, and you feel comfortable around your family declining offers of food. If you know what's on the menu, you can plan ahead as to what you will sample and what you will pass on. If it is a buffet, go through the line first without a plate, just taking inventory of what might fit into your calories, or what might be that speciality that you just can't pass up on, and leave the rest of the standard fare for someone else. Always stand or sit as far away from the food table as possible. If there are appetizers, be sure to have a low cal drink in your hand at all times, so that your hands are not completely free to nibble.

Great advice! I like the idea of sitting away from the food and having a something in hand .. nibbling away at allotted calories can happen in a snap!
  • missyms740
    missyms740 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Should we post our weight for this week or do we start next week?
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi team! And my fellow run clubbers ☺️

I know we're still in April but thought I'd kick off my posting in May.

Decided to switch up Sunday's run today and went to the gym with a friend for the first time since my daughter was born (8 months - how did that happen!?!). I've learned I really don't like treadmill running but did try out the 0.5 incline as you suggested @cmhubbard92 and that was definitely better than running flat. Had great fun with the weights though and all in loved being able to do a gym workout again!

Hope you've all had a great weekend and starting the week rested and motivated 🎉
  • HASWLRS
    edited April 2019
    Options
    missyms740 wrote: »
    Should we post our weight for this week or do we start next week?

@missyms740, yes, Niki, today is the fist official day of the May Challenge and those of you with a Sunday weigh-in will post your weights today.

Sunday Weigh-Ins:

@missyms740, @susanpiper57, @nk9o, @bbmich23, @Jl20alon2564 and @Kwinnero
  • miakelaa
    miakelaa Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS does that also mean today is the first day of the accountability mini challenges? If so, do we post those each day, or post each day of the week together in one post at the end of the week?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    Hi team! And my fellow run clubbers ☺️

I know we're still in April but thought I'd kick off my posting in May.

Decided to switch up Sunday's run today and went to the gym with a friend for the first time since my daughter was born (8 months - how did that happen!?!). I've learned I really don't like treadmill running but did try out the 0.5 incline as you suggested @cmhubbard92 and that was definitely better than running flat. Had great fun with the weights though and all in loved being able to do a gym workout again!

Hope you've all had a great weekend and starting the week rested and motivated 🎉

@Coral333, that is fabulous, Coral, that you got yourself to the gym and actually enjoyed working out!!
  • HASWLRS
    edited April 2019
    Options
    miakelaa wrote: »
    @HASWLRS does that also mean today is the first day of the accountability mini challenges? If so, do we post those each day, or post each day of the week together in one post at the end of the week?

@miakelaa, yes, today is the first day of the Mini Challenge. It is meant to be a daily accountability post, as that keeps us engaged, well, on a daily basis!! But we get busy and forget to post and sometimes two or three days will get posted together. There are a few who copy and paste, so each daily post also has a recap of the week so far. That is a personal preference on their part. You may, but you don't have to. Hope this helps.
  • Jl20alon2564
    Jl20alon2564 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Username: Jl20alon2564
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Journey starting weight: 332lbs
    February starting weight: 324lbs
    March starting weight: 314.2lbs
    April starting weight: 299.6lbs
    May starting weight: 290.8lbs
    Current weight: 290.2lbs

I was not successful in staying away from Easter candy this week. As I work for the school district I had this week off with the kids. I also watched other kids this week which can be stressful. My daughter also loves to bake when bored and she made very tempting treats. It was a bad combination for me. This week will be business as usual and I won't be home for any extra snacking and i will be on my feet alot more. I will have a much more healthy week!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: Jl20alon2564
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Journey starting weight: 332lbs
    February starting weight: 324lbs
    March starting weight: 314.2lbs
    April starting weight: 299.6lbs
    May starting weight: 290.8lbs
    Current weight: 290.2lbs

I was not successful in staying away from Easter candy this week. As I work for the school district I had this week off with the kids. I also watched other kids this week which can be stressful. My daughter also loves to bake when bored and she made very tempting treats. It was a bad combination for me. This week will be business as usual and I won't be home for any extra snacking and i will be on my feet alot more. I will have a much more healthy week!

@Jl20alon2564, well done at recognizing where you stumbled this week. And an extra well done for not gaining in the process!! It'd be so easy to completely throw in the towel! And you are so right, this week will be a more normal week so you can continue your losing ways!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    April Week #4 Results

Team The Big Butt Theory had an abysmal fourth week of April. We actually gained weight as a team!! However, there were 11 Big Butts who did manage to lose last week:

The Top Four Big Butts losing over 1% of their body weight:

@jlbtnc - 2.09%
    @Jl20alon2564 - 1.09%
    @cmhubbard92 - 1.08%
    @ForLangston - 1.06%

Congratulations on a great week!!

Big Butts who managed to lose ANY weight last week:

@prehistoricmoongoddess - 0.67%
    @Bradleys8299 - 0.60%
    @Coral333 - 0.47%
    @Nicoletime4me - 0.38%
    @erikNJ - 0.32%
    @kc9agz - 0.31%
    @24blfn - 0.19%

Well done on posting a loss last week!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    April 27
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60min yoga & meditation
    Steps: 6293
    Water: 88
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    April Grand Finale

Hey, you can't win 'em all! We won March but came dead last in April. I guess it keeps us humble, and hopefully hungry for a better result in May!!

Our team's Biggest Loser for the month was @jlbtnc, losing a very impressive 5.66%!! Congratulations, Jennifer!!

The Top Nine Big Butts, losing over 2% of their body weight were:

@jlbtnc - 5.66%
    @Kwinnero - 3.40%
    @prehistoricmoongoddess - 3.25%
    @Tracie_Lord - 3.21%
    @Jl20alon2564 - 2.94%
    @drea2011 - 2.41%
    @abowersgirl - 2.31%
    @bethann51774 - 2.13%
    @erikNJ - 2.02%

The next seven Big Butts losing over 1% of their body weight were:

@cossmoss15 - 1.86%
    @ForLangston - 1.46%
    @heaz10 - 1.33%
    @24blfn - 1.21%
    @swauters - 1.17%
    @karrihowlett - 1.12%
    @mikea2g - 1.06%

Honourable mentions losing over 0.5% were:

@cmhubbard92 - 0.95%
    @Bradleys8299 - 0.93%
    @Nicoletime4me - 0.93%
    @nordiera - 0.91%
    @mickey10111 - 0.72%
    @GrandmaJackie - 0.67%

Well done to all of the above bright spots on TBBT for the month of April!!
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    April Grand Finale

Hey, you can't win 'em all! We won March but came dead last in April. I guess it keeps us humble, and hopefully hungry for a better result in May!!

Our team's Biggest Loser for the month was @jlbtnc, losing a very impressive 5.66%!! Congratulations, Jennifer!!

The Top Nine Big Butts, losing over 2% of their body weight were:

@jlbtnc - 5.66%
    @Kwinnero - 3.40%
    @prehistoricmoongoddess - 3.25%
    @Tracie_Lord - 3.21%
    @Jl20alon2564 - 2.94%
    @drea2011 - 2.41%
    @abowersgirl - 2.31%
    @bethann51774 - 2.13%
    @erikNJ - 2.02%

The next seven Big Butts losing over 1% of their body weight were:

@cossmoss15 - 1.86%
    @ForLangston - 1.46%
    @heaz10 - 1.33%
    @24blfn - 1.21%
    @swauters - 1.17%
    @karrihowlett - 1.12%
    @mikea2g - 1.06%

Honourable mentions losing over 0.5% were:

@cmhubbard92 - 0.95%
    @Bradleys8299 - 0.93%
    @Nicoletime4me - 0.93%
    @nordiera - 0.91%
    @mickey10111 - 0.72%
    @GrandmaJackie - 0.67%

Well done to all of the above bright spots on TBBT for the month of April!!

Congratulations to all my team mates, we will do better come May! Thank you @HASWLRS I did not expect this.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @ATHLegal, since you just posted your starting weight and signed up today, that weight will also be your week #1 weigh-in, since Sunday is your chosen weigh-in day.
  • countrycreek
    Options
    Glad I checked in. Thinking tomorrow was our 1st day of the challenge. I also keep track of my water and ounces. Maybe more .. as the challenge goes on?

Sunday April 28

Tracking of food:
    With in calories:
    Water ozs:
    Exercise:
    Daily steps:

• jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Week 1–4/28 - May Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – over an hour of walking
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    4/28/19 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 60 minutes bowling and 60+ minutes walking

I should also be getting my day 4 of my 30 day an challenge done tonight, and I do want to start the 30 day yoga with Adrienne, but that depends on how I feel after I nibble on some dinner.
This discussion has been closed.