TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (May)

Options

Replies

• jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    crab5005 wrote: »
    For this mini-challenge concept, I see many dates before May 1 and it confuses me. Is the challenge the month of May or some other date range?

@crab5005, you will see week one (for the first week of May and dates from Sunday to Saturday. The the 2nd week of challenge you will see week 2 and different days For Sunday to Saturday and so no for the 3rd week and 4th week. Hope that helps.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Week 1 – 5/1 - May Mini Challenge
    Logged Food: yes
    Under Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes – 50 minutes of walking

Week 1 – 4/30 - May Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes – 35 minutes total Richard Simmons (20 cardio and 15 toning), also a 39 minute walk with the dog to get my grandson at the bus stop

Week 1 – 4/29 - May Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes – walking 1 hour and cleaning and vacuuming for 1hour and 6 minutes

Week 1 – 4/28 - May Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes – over an hour of walking
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    5/1//2019 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 45 minutes elliptical and 31 minutes c25k

It's Wednesday, so I'm stuck closing at work again. If I have the energy when I get home, I will finally get to day 7 of my ab challenge. If not, there is always tomorrow. Posting now, in case I forget to after work!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @jlbtnc, loving your new profile picture! You can really see the difference that 25 pounds make!! Although the pictures are approximately a year apart, you haven't been at this for a year, far from it. How long has it taken you to lose those 25 pounds?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    For this mini-challenge concept, I see many dates before May 1 and it confuses me. Is the challenge the month of May or some other date range?

@crab5005, your team mates have stepped up and answered this question while I was at work, (thank you!), but I am going to expand on their answers. The Challenge always starts on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday that is closest to the beginning and end of the calendar month. Most months, the Challenge is four weeks, but for the month of May, it is actually five! So the "May" Biggest Loser Weight Loss Challenge starts on Sunday, April 28th and ends on Saturday, June 1st.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    April 29
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no
    Exercise- yes ( 1 mile walk)

April 30
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 2 mile walk)

@Nicoletime4me, were you close on your calories?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    My Monday weigh-in crew:

@brandi_84, @countrycreek, @crab5005, @heaz10 and @miakelaa

276.4. Okay so I was a total dud for the team and the challenge but I am going to do better for May!

@crab5005, well, you stayed the same as last week, so no harm, no foul. Since this May Challenge has a bonus week, you still have four weeks remaining to do some damage on the scales!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Tuesday 4.29.19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: not enough - 15 min of beginner yoga

Monday: yes
    Tuesday: no

I messed up on this post from earlier, I got my days all mixed up, something I'm good at. This for Monday. I also accidentally put in yes for Monday. The challenge starting on Sunday throws me off, as I always think of the week starting on Monday.

Mini Challenge
    Sunday : no
    Monday: no
    Tuesday: no - Today was my daughter's birthday and we had a birthday lunch with family and didn't get a chance to exercise either.

@brandi_84, I hope there was no birthday hangover for you and you had a better day to start the calendar month of May!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

April 29
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60min yoga & meditation
    60min hike
    30 min HIIT
    Steps: 13117
    Water: 88

April 30
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    60min yoga & meditation
    90 min hike
    Steps: 8128
    Water: 88

Happy hump day
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini-challenge
    5/1
    tracked: yes
    calories: yes
    activity: yes, minimal but i spent about 30 minutes cleaning the bathroom. We have friends coming over this weekend so my activity this week will be all related to cleaning, yardwork and work projects. Hopefully back to the gym soom

Sun: no
    Mon: yes
    Tue: yes
    Wed: yes
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:
    Tracking - yes
    Calories - no
    activity - no

today was a rough one. I was on my feet for most of the day and work was insane. I woke up wiped out (this is what I get for being peppy the day before lol) and i am already kicking myself for not being in bed already. The next few days is going to be rough; we're driving to ny tomorrow after work to do some work on our house there for spring cleanup. Never dull! Hopefully today is my one off day and I'll be zipping into yoga in the morning. Have a good night everyone!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    exercised, tracked, and under
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Mini Challenge

Sunday 04.28

Tracking of food: yes
    With in calories: yes
    Water ozs 84.5
    Exercise: yes gardening / yardwork
    Steps: 12103

Monday 04.29

Water ozs 84.5
    Exercise: yes push lawn mower
    Steps: 17746 * this is super high. I aim for 10k a day.

Tuesday 04.30

Water ozs 84.5
    Exercise: yes gardening/ yardwork/ housework
    Steps: 12174

Happy May Team! :)
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @jlbtnc Amazing transformation.. you look great!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Loving the discussion on yoga and running apps and 30 day challenges! I am not participating in any of them, and part of me feels guilty. The other part of me is just focusing on my successes these days, and not trying to add something to the mix that might cause me to fail (by not doing it!). I have been eating at a deficit for 8 days now, and making some headway in my invoice filing at work. I did order a new workout outfit on-line and it came today. None of my workout clothes were fitting, especially the bras, so I desperately needed something new. I haven't tried them on yet, because I am afraid they won't fit, or I won't like it. I never order clothes on-line!! My foot is still sore, but only slightly, so that is promising.
  • cmhubbard92
    edited May 2019
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Loving the discussion on yoga and running apps and 30 day challenges! I am not participating in any of them, and part of me feels guilty. The other part of me is just focusing on my successes these days, and not trying to add something to the mix that might cause me to fail (by not doing it!). I have been eating at a deficit for 8 days now, and making some headway in my invoice filing at work. I did order a new workout outfit on-line and it came today. None of my workout clothes were fitting, especially the bras, so I desperately needed something new. I haven't tried them on yet, because I am afraid they won't fit, or I won't like it. I never order clothes on-line!! My foot is still sore, but only slightly, so that is promising.
    Firstly, congrats on a deficit for 8 days and I'm glad your foot is getting better!

If you have Amazon Prime, they now have prime wardrobe. Essentially, you pick out 3 or 5 clothing items that are eligible, they dont charge you until you get them, try them on and decide you want it! They only charge you for what you keep! I thought that was pretty neat!

You'll be participating in all this fun workout stuff when you're ready! :smile:
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    4/30/2019 Mini Challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 45 minutes elliptical and a lot of walking at work.

I decided to take the day off from my c25k and my ab challenge. My body is definitely feeling it. Last night I did day 1 of yoga with Adriene after my c25k and ab challenge, and it was way harder than expected! Will be doing some light stretching before bed tonight!

I think days off are important. What abs challenge are you doing?

I downloaded an app off of the play store and it's called 30 Day Challenge. There are a bunch of different ones, I chose Ab Challenge Medium 1. I probably could have done Easy 1, but I thought I would give it a shot. It is pretty difficult for me, but I think I will be able to make it through. I am on day 7.

Rest days are important, usually I make my days off (Thursday/Sunday) rest days. But, I do try to get some activity in (walking). Because I have Saturday and Sunday off this week, I am going to do an extra session of c25k on Thursday so I will not worry about not doing *as much* on Saturday.

I usually try to walk on my rest days too, great job planning your week around exercise! I think I'm going to check out the ab challenge, but I don't have great core strength and will probably start out with easy :)

I partly wish I started with the easy one, but do like that it is pretty challenging for me... I'm starting to like Russian twists over leg raises(my hip pops every time I bring my legs down :pensive: ) and I feel really weird doing the superman one. It is definitely worth checking out!

Tonight is not going to happen... work was exhausting tonight!

This is a random thought I had today, but I think that tomorrow I will treat myself to getting my nails done, and maybe even get a pedicure(first one ever) for an "job well done" as I hit my 5 month mark a few days ago...
  • miakelaa
    miakelaa Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, May 1
    Logged food: Yes
    Net deficit: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - Orangetheory class, 30 minutes lap swimming
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    May 1
    Tracking - yes
    Calories- no (over by 60)
    Exercise- yes ( 1.50 mile brisk walk)

@ HASWLRS over by 159 on 4-29-19. Not sure how if the scale will work in my favor tomorrow.
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    May Wk1

Fri Apr 26th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes 44 mins gym, 73 mins fit bit active
    fit bit steps - 11,317

Saturday Apr 27th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, running around the house and up and down stairs to get my steps after shopping haha, 65 mins fit bit active
    Fit bit steps - 12,095

Sunday Apr 28th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise - yes, 40 min gym and 1.5hr walk, 169 mins fit bit active
    fit bit steps - 16,780

Monday Apr 29th
    Meal logging - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Exercise -yes, 1hr yoga and home workout
    Fit bit stats - 14,636 steps & 98 mins active

Tues Apr 30th