Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 16000+ steps
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Options
    hippienana wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @gjaholy33 You know gains here and there are part of the process, hang in there!! You've been doing so well!! Keep up the great work and you'll be down again next week!

@grizziegriz You are doing great, maybe the goal should be to slowly bring down your calories a little each day, that way you can get them closer to where you want to be, but don't necessarily notice the sharp decrease...

@melodyis4reals Fitbit calorie adjustments can be relatively accurate and that really depends, it seem the translation from fitbit to mfp does seem to be a bit higher than I'd expect. I would say that the exercise calories that fitbit calculates are relatively accurate if it uses your heart rate, BUT it seems high when it imports into MFP and I never eat back my exercise calories, I just like seeing the estimates as it's encouraging to me to see that I'm burning calories and working hard, but I don't use it for anything other than that.

I love that you took a walk at lunch! I went to a funeral Monday and had some time between the service and the dinner celebration, and I used that time to go to the gym, when you make this a lifestyle change, everything changes!!!

@303lissy You're doing great! Hang in there, we have all done the mindless eating, and I STILL have to watch it or I still do it, you will get there, maybe you can make adjustments during the rest of the week to sort of offset the goldfish....

@hippienana I have been keto since July of 2017, and I love it. I've lost 90 lbs and I have NEVER felt better, I don't have cravings for candy, sugar, etc, and it makes IF SO much easier and I am able to workout completely fasted and I love how I feel free from food, and in general, my health has DRAMATICALLY improved since I started eating this way.

@nbatch456 I love your attitude, one foot in front of the other! Going to use that one, it's a great reminder!

@jmitts2 Great loss this week! You're going to be there in no time!!

@batgirl140 You are doing great and I love that you're doing Taekwondo!!

@SLIMn2016 You are killing it everyday!! You are amazing! Inspirational!

@o0kody0o Great job changing it up! Boredom usually leads me down a dark path and I wind up doing or eating something I shouldn't! Great job taking steps to keep that from happening!!

@vicky2767 Hang in there, and get back into it for tomorrow, you GOT this!

@CindyJNC1963 Awesome day!! You crush it everyday! Such an inspiration!

Awesome. I just started Keto in February and then hooked up with Amy Smith Hightower on #ucanketo# and she has helped me with IF, breaking a stall, using MCT oil and bone broth. You should check her out. She does videos every week and her group is free. You are not obligated to buy anything. I love it and she sure has helped me stay on track and be accountable for what I eat.

Keto is great for me to I will check out those Videos aslo i watch alot of dr Bergs videos he is a great help to me and my wife.
  • digger61
    Options
    Wednesday Check In
    calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: nothing but a little
    walking
    Goals for today: More walking snowing here today. Have to take it easy today One week after surgery and I done to much yesterday. Watching carbs today trying to keep under 20 grams H0pe every one has a great day
  • digger61
    Options
    genajonas wrote: »
    Hello all, hope everyone is well. Just wanted to apologize for last month. I was in a bad place mentally with my weight loss. I felt like such a failure. My weight seemed to either stand still or go the wrong way on the scale. I was also having a problem adjusting to the changes my body was going through. Everything was sort of soft and jiggly and I couldn't handle it. Let me explain a little about my journey. I now know that I cannot rely on the scale as I am losing fat and building muscle which is not an easy task. I work with a personal trainer 5 days a week, I attempt to achieve 20,000 steps daily and I was eating super clean. Well that is until I began to stress about the loose fat and I went back to my old ways. I am an emotional eater, food is my comfort or at least use to be, now it just make me feel horrible when I eat junk. Anyway my goal is to be fit enough to compete in a show just once. I have a long road ahead but I am determined. You guys are great and it felt good to be able to post, vent or ask for advice which I did in March. I really don't know how I let it get so out of hand in April and I am sorry if I messed up this competition.

Wanted to give a special Thank You to Ashley for lending an ear and giving sound advice. So if you guys have room for me I would love to come back to the group.

Week#1: May 1, 2019
    Username: genajonas
    PW: 206.8
    CW: 208

WELCOME BACK! I also went up 4 pounds the last week of April but I am sure I will be down this week
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In

Username: tinak33
    May Week 1
    Previous Weight: 150.8
    Current Weight: 153.2

That was mostly due to last night's amazing burger. hahaha
    No regrets!!!
    But it will be coming off (plus extra!) next week!

Life happens. This is all about losing weight, getting healthy and learning to live with the fact that sometimes, you will indulge and your weight will go up. But with control, diligence and patience, it will come down again, and you will feel amazing. Not just because you lost the weight. But because you were able to indulge without getting out of control.

Eating a burger one night and then thinking "well I already screwed up the week, might as well make it a good one" is not the way to do it. But eating a burger and then thinking "that burger was great! I might add some extra exercise the rest of the week and do some calorie adjusting, so my habits stay healthy" is better.

I love food. And I won't ever see food as just fuel for the body. My mind doesn't work that way. The taste and flavors of food make me soooo happy. But learning to enjoy even the 1300 calorie burgers, while still being able to lose weight makes the journey even better. And makes me feel amazing.

HAPPY THURSDAY!!!!
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    But learning to enjoy even the 1300 calorie burgers, while still being able to lose weight makes the journey even better. And makes me feel amazing.

I had a what I thought was a great burger last night too. My 500 cal burger doesn't sound nearly as appetizing now knowing you had a 1300 cal one. LOL Must have been mouth watering!
  • grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wed/May 1st
    Track: No (forgot today, yikes)
    Calories: No (over)
    Exercise: Yes (walked for 20 min.)
    Goals/Day/Comments: Will keep working on my calories.
  • nbatch456
    nbatch456 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @AB0215, thanks for the willpower encouragement!
  • nbatch456
    Options
    Daily Post: Wed, 5/1
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: “Willpower” enough said.....
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    There are homemade rice crispy treats in our work kitchen! My weakness! Today's a day I'm being strict with my calories and oh boy do I want them... but no! Gonna stay strong!
  • dtp17
    dtp17 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I’m so sorry. Been absolutely rubbish the last week and fell off the wagon. Starting again. Good news is that I’ve got my running mojo back. Hope everyone else is well. I must now get serious and get this weight off x
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    genajonas wrote: »
    Hello all, hope everyone is well. Just wanted to apologize for last month. I was in a bad place mentally with my weight loss. I felt like such a failure. My weight seemed to either stand still or go the wrong way on the scale. I was also having a problem adjusting to the changes my body was going through. Everything was sort of soft and jiggly and I couldn't handle it. Let me explain a little about my journey. I now know that I cannot rely on the scale as I am losing fat and building muscle which is not an easy task. I work with a personal trainer 5 days a week, I attempt to achieve 20,000 steps daily and I was eating super clean. Well that is until I began to stress about the loose fat and I went back to my old ways. I am an emotional eater, food is my comfort or at least use to be, now it just make me feel horrible when I eat junk. Anyway my goal is to be fit enough to compete in a show just once. I have a long road ahead but I am determined. You guys are great and it felt good to be able to post, vent or ask for advice which I did in March. I really don't know how I let it get so out of hand in April and I am sorry if I messed up this competition.

Wanted to give a special Thank You to Ashley for lending an ear and giving sound advice. So if you guys have room for me I would love to come back to the group.

Week#1: May 1, 2019
    Username: genajonas
    PW: 206.8
    CW: 208

Welcome back!! April wasn't kind to me either but May is another month

• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,306 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday, May 2nd
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under/fasting day
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, Stair Climber, Arc trainer, Strength Training class & Elliptical
    ✅ Water: 227.6 oz.
    ✅ Steps: 12,827

🗣Comments/Goals: Hoping this rain will go away so I can get some walking in again...my stepping has diminished quite a bit--- probably should schedule in some spinning or something to comp., but I'm kinda tired, truth is. Looking forward to the weekend so I can get some sleep and relax a bit.

....On to Friday!!💪🏻😅🎶💫 KEEP BEING AWESOME!!🙌❤️

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Thursday 2 May

Exercise: Went for a walk this afternoon and done 30 minutes on exercise bike 🚲
    💬Comments: I’ve been feeling really good this week. My birthday is on the 18th and I’ve set myself a little goal of reaching 154 lbs by then. I’m sure I can reach it!

🥳NSV: When I weighed 183+ in February my knees were always sore and I found it painful to bend down/get back up. I just realised today that the pain has gone and my knees aren’t sore in the slightest bit. It must’ve been the extra weight putting pressure on my joints. I’m so happy that my health has improved 🤸🏻‍♂️
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Daily Post: Thursday, May 2nd
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, under/fasting day
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, Stair Climber, Arc trainer, Strength Training class & Elliptical
    ✅ Water: 227.6 oz.
    ✅ Steps: 12,827

🗣Comments/Goals: Hoping this rain will go away so I can get some walking in again...my stepping has diminished quite a bit--- probably should schedule in some spinning or something to comp., but I'm kinda tired, truth is. Looking forward to the weekend so I can get some sleep and relax a bit.

....On to Friday!!💪🏻😅🎶💫 KEEP BEING AWESOME!!🙌❤️

Your diminished steps are more than my "workin' hard" steps. You are amazing with your workouts.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Daily Post: May 2nd

Calories under goal: No, was way under the past 2 days so went over today on purpose. Trying to shake things up a little.
    Exercise: 10,750 steps
  • nbatch456
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    ⭐️Daily Post: Thursday 2 May

Exercise: Went for a walk this afternoon and done 30 minutes on exercise bike 🚲
    💬Comments: I’ve been feeling really good this week. My birthday is on the 18th and I’ve set myself a little goal of reaching 154 lbs by then. I’m sure I can reach it!

🥳NSV: When I weighed 183+ in February my knees were always sore and I found it painful to bend down/get back up. I just realised today that the pain has gone and my knees aren’t sore in the slightest bit. It must’ve been the extra weight putting pressure on my joints. I’m so happy that my health has improved 🤸🏻‍♂️

Thanks for the inspiration!
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Daily check in-

Track- yep
    Calories- under
    Exercise- walked 2.6 miles at lunch and 10k steps today.
    Water- 90oz

Ordered the most amazing steak tacos with beans and rice for dinner. I was prepared to go over calories today. One of the tacos had cheese on half and the beans had cheese all over them, that's one way to make sure I stay within my calorie goals 🤣

Tomorrow is day 20!
  • aadubb
    aadubb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ⚡Track: Yes
    ⚡Calories: over
    ⚡ Exercise: 22min Hard Corps
    ⚡Water: 64oz so far ...Hope to get 36oz in before I go to sleep

🗣Comments/ goals:
    Im doing a low carb plan which is 50g of carbs per day rather than 20g as in Keto. Both plans result in ketosis. I've been losing weight constantly but am going over 50 regularly which I justify because I work out. Im hoping I can rein it in when I hit the inevitable plateau.
This discussion has been closed.