Options

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    🚰 HAPPY FRIDAY TEAM SLIMSONS 🚰

🚰TODAY'S MOTIVATIONAL TIP: WATER🚰

Let's talk about the importance of water. Water is fuel for our body and very important to our hydration. Especially when working out so much we lose so much of it so we must remember to replenish.

I myself am sick of drinking plain water 🚰 I've made my water more appetizing by adding two bottles of zero calorie flavor sparkling water to my regular water in my 73oz water bottle. My point is everyone has different ways to consuming their water intake but as long as you get it in that's all that's matter

dlaatq6zfa89.jpg

🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰

8gyg37lwca38.jpg

🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰

q465xxlwcx2p.jpg

🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰🚰

Have a WONDERFUL and PRODUCTIVE DAY! 💪🏽🤸‍♀️🤸‍♂️🏋️‍♀️🏋️‍♀️🤼‍♂️🤼‍♀️😃😃

Regards,
    Glorious Gloria 😍😍😍
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @BEASTFIELD314 Hang in there, that could be a lot worse!! Just adjust for it over the next couple days, you'll be fine!

@batgirl140 Awesome about the shorts, I had these workout tank tops that I used to love but they were just too big, I miss those, can't find any like them now, but they're not really any good when they're too big, and it's exciting when you can't wear things because you're too small for them! Congrats!!

@Gadgetgirl259 Awesome!! It's a relief to be ahead of schedule!! I wish I was!

@nbatch456 Awesome job staying under, that's how you will get to goal!!

@DeshotelK You CAN DO this, plan for it and if you can look at the menu ahead of time it helps!

@SLIMn2016 Yeah, TOM is a real jerk. I honestly don't think it's fair sometimes. Keep plugging along and the results will come!

@gjaholy33 Pre-planning is a GREAT tool, you can make so adjustments much easier if you plan ahead, and it can be as simple as one can of beans instead of 2!! Awesome!!

@CourtneyLomonaco Hang in there, you CAN do this, just take it one day at a time, look at what's in front of you and what YOU can control! That's all you can do, and you CAN do it!!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Thursday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, under
    Exercise: stairs at work plus 100 squats
    Water: 135 oz

Definitely did better, and had a pretty good day! I did still indulge in candies.... but stayed under my calories! And I never felt hungry. :) Also, weight is going back down after the burger fun of Wednesday night..... hahaha

• tinak33
    Options
    NSV:
    This morning I tried on a TMNT t-shirt I had bought years ago. It has always been kinda tight. Well I tried it on and it fit! And it wasn't tight! It fit nice and comfortably as though I was the perfect size for it! I was so excited, because it was too tight for me to wear comfortably in public without a sweater/zip up hoodie on top.
    YAY!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    NSV:
    This morning I tried on a TMNT t-shirt I had bought years ago. It has always been kinda tight. Well I tried it on and it fit! And it wasn't tight! It fit nice and comfortably as though I was the perfect size for it! I was so excited, because it was too tight for me to wear comfortably in public without a sweater/zip up hoodie on top.
    YAY!

Way to go! See your hard work is paying off.👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾😍😍😍
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 5/2

Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Haven't actually been feeling great this week so I haven't been exercising as much as I'd like. Gonna try to get in more tonight. Yesterday was my second fast day and it's a mental challenge I think. Difficult, but good. Overall it's been a stressful week, but I'm proud of myself. Definitely ready for the weekend.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Thursday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 120oz
    Goals/comments
    So I explained how I'm reevaluating my daily intake. Well one of the things I have to be mindful are my carbs. What I now do is put my recipe in MYFITNESSPAL beforehand to see how much carbs will be in the meal. Like yesterday since money is extremely tight; I wanted my Aide to make ground Turkey chili with veggies since I miss my beans. So I added only one can of black, pinto beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste instead of the 2 I usually used (H7GE DIFFERENCE). Also realize it's best to hold the actual can of the item as the app can be way off on the calories.

Anyway although I was under my calories I didn't reach my 800-1000 goal only had 746 but I was full. My stomach is shrinking so much I don't need as much anymore which is amazing. Also I only went over 3 grams of my carbs 90 grams a day. Not bad.

So yesterday was a a good day foodwise Here'sa pick of my chili so good.

c3tsv3ovdqpb.jpg

Still STAYING POSITIVE 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾😍😍😍😍

great leson on preplaning. Chilli looks yummy.
  • digger61
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 60 mins weight training, 60 mins walking.

Comments: So glad tomorrow is FRIDAY! This week has not been a lot fun for me, can't wait to end it!

Hope you have a great weekend. Great workout
  • digger61
    Options
    Daily Post: Thu, 5/2
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walking
    Looking forward to the weekend. Weather is going to be better next week and stop snowing. Scales have been going down. Eating has been better this week. Time to start pre prepping my meals for today. Hope all is well witn everyone today
  • grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Username: grizziegriz
    Week: May/Week 1
    PW = 158.7
    CW= 159

• batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    NSV:
    YAY!

@tinak33 I stopped buying bigger clothes long ago, I just refused. So things were snug but still looked ok. It’s amazing how much better things feel and look when they are the appropriate size. Just that can make you feel so good about the hard work you’re doing!! Keep going!! 😁

• batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Username: Batgirl140

Weigh in May week 1
    Friday weigh in

PW: 209.0
    CW: 206.8

That’s only a 1 lb weight loss over the last 2 weeks. I had a gain last week. Also I was 206.8 on Sunday so I didn’t improve all week. I don’t want to blame my TOM but it’s here. Just keep working.
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you all. How do you handle living with someone who is a junk food junkie? My husband knows I don't want ice cream, chips, candy, cakes, etc. in the house all the time. I do buy some on occasion, but not every time I shop. I told him that I feel those things should be occasional treats on weekends or special days like a birthday and such. He is overweight and doesn't care and I don't pressure him not to eat all of the things he loves. He knows how I feel about it and why. Every time he goes to the store he buys my favorite ice cream or cookies or chocolate and says he was thinking of me and wanted to treat me. I've asked him not to do this, yet he continues. How do you handle situations like this?
  • tinak33
    Options
    DeshotelK wrote: »
    I have a question for you all. How do you handle living with someone who is a junk food junkie? My husband knows I don't want ice cream, chips, candy, cakes, etc. in the house all the time. I do buy some on occasion, but not every time I shop. I told him that I feel those things should be occasional treats on weekends or special days like a birthday and such. He is overweight and doesn't care and I don't pressure him not to eat all of the things he loves. He knows how I feel about it and why. Every time he goes to the store he buys my favorite ice cream or cookies or chocolate and says he was thinking of me and wanted to treat me. I've asked him not to do this, yet he continues. How do you handle situations like this?

I don't want to assume sabotage, so I am gonna say that maybe he does think of you, know those are your favorites, and genuinely just wants to get you something.
    Get a new list of snack foods. Maybe those crunchy veggie sticks in the snack aisle, instead of chips. Or banana chips. I love those.... Or the weight watchers small ice creams, or the healthy fruit popsicles, instead of the other half gallon ice creams. When things come in those larger containers, I tend to give myself larger portions. Having the one serving containers, helps with portion control. Or ask for the Italian ice instead.
    If you want ALL of those gone...
    Then tell him what snacks you love now. Tell him that the cookies and chocolate are nice, but you don't enjoy them like you used to. And then list your new favorite snacks.
    Write them down, and put them on your refrigerator. Then when he gets snacks, and he sees your old favorite ice cream, he may stop and think "oh, she doesn't like that one anymore... where are the snacks she likes?" And then get the other things.

It will depend on his mindset of why he continually buys these things when you said you don't want them....
    But again, I want to assume he really does think of you and want to get your favorites. He just doesn't know what they are anymore.
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I don't want to assume sabotage, so I am gonna say that maybe he does think of you, know those are your favorites, and genuinely just wants to get you something.
    Get a new list of snack foods. Maybe those crunchy veggie sticks in the snack aisle, instead of chips. Or banana chips. I love those.... Or the weight watchers small ice creams, or the healthy fruit popsicles, instead of the other half gallon ice creams. When things come in those larger containers, I tend to give myself larger portions. Having the one serving containers, helps with portion control. Or ask for the Italian ice instead.
    Then tell him what snacks you love now. Tell him that the cookies and chocolate are nice, but you don't enjoy them like you used to. And then list your new favorite snacks.
    Write them down, and put them on your refrigerator. Then when he gets snacks, and he sees your old favorite ice cream, he may stop and think "oh, she doesn't like that one anymore... where are the snacks she likes?" And then get the other things.

It will depend on his mindset of why he continually buys these things when you said you don't want them....
    But again, I want to assume he really does think of you and want to get your favorites. He just doesn't know what they are anymore.

I keep a list of alternative snacks that I like. Halo Top vs. Blue Bell, fruits vs. cookies/cake, individual portion size things vs. large bags/packages. He knows. It's very frustrating. I tell myself "just don't eat it", but it's easier said than done. He won't stop so I need to figure out a way to handle it without caving in and eating it.
  • tinak33
    Options

I keep a list of alternative snacks that I like. Halo Top vs. Blue Bell, fruits vs. cookies/cake, individual portion size things vs. large bags/packages. He knows. It's very frustrating. I tell myself "just don't eat it", but it's easier said than done. He won't stop so I need to figure out a way to handle it without caving in and eating it.

When he buys it, put it in the garbage.
    If he won't check the list and go by your new favorites, and you don't want them in the house... then toss them. Put them in the garbage bag, and take it outside. He will get the message really fast. lol
    Then tell him you don't like those things anymore. And you like the new things. On that nice pretty list you made. :)
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options

My husband did the same thing. It is frustrating! I snapped at him and told him that if he loved me he would respect my efforts towards by lifestyle change. I told him food isn’t the only way to celebrate someone and that if he really loved me he would want me to live a longer and healthier life.

I don’t think it outright sabotage. It might be a mix of absent mindedness and wanting you not to change your lifestyle because he isn’t changing his. He’s holding on and it’s hard to let go of habits you’ve shared.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

My fiancé is the same when it comes to food. He loves sweet things and can sit and eat cakes, chocolate, biscuits etc. Prior to starting healthy eating, I was the same as him when it came to junk food. When I changed my eating habits, he’d continue to buy me my favourite things like chocolate and crisps. However, I just told him that I no longer eat that sort of stuff and I told him what he could get me if he wanted to buy me something to eat. Now when he comes back from the shop he’ll have something healthy for me like red grapes or low calorie bars. He is very supportive in my quest to get to a healthy weight and it’s actually made him look at his eating habits too. He still buys junk food for himself and it’s in our house but it no longer appeals to me.

I agree with Tina. If he keeps buying you junk food and you’re tempted, just get it out of the house right away.

• o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Friday 3 May

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 3 sets of 15 bicep curls with 2x 4kg dumbbells
    💬Comments: Today I went out and bought a set of 4kg dumbbells. I’ve never used them before so it’s all new to me. I want to give my arms/shoulders some definition. I done 3 sets of 15 tonight and plan on looking for tutorial videos online so that I can add some different workouts 💪
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post Friday

Track yes
    Calories yes still way under
    Exercise no
    Water 165oz
    Goals/comments
    Not good day was supposed to go to Physical therapy but since I fell this morning in the bathroom I'm hurting too much in my bum and hip. But my aide did cut up my rug to cover my whole Bathroom floor so that's good.

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT! STILL STAYING POSITIVE EVEN IN PAIN
This discussion has been closed.