Leslie Sansone May 2019 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,043 Member
    Options
    @Elbee1 I need to work on the earlier bedtime, too. I don't plan well to retire to the bedroom, I get involved in a TV show or something and I look up and it's after midnight. I think some of it has to do with working out in the evenings after work. I get too energized! I used to read every night in bed before sleep, but now by the time I make it to my bed, it's so late I need to go to sleep immediately.

How does everyone else do on sleep? Anyone actually clock 7-8 hours? I usually get somewhere between 5-6.

Yep, it is always helpful to string some habits together... like a bedtime routine... I just haven't gotten there, yet. But, It's coming, I know it is.

I usually strive for at least 5 hours sleep. I can function quite well with 5 hours. Many years ago, I figured out that my body is best at 8 hours sleep. 7 hours was good, but 8 was great. Now, that I'm much older... I'm not sure what I really need. It's been many, many years since I was able to get 7-8 hours consistently. The last few years... 5-6 hours has been good enough. But, that was without exercise added in.

We can do it!
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    knjstolt wrote: »
    @Elbee1 I have to get my heart rate up to 140 to 150 before I even break a sweat. But if you don't feel like you can go on then you need to slow it down. My dr told me not to go over 150 but that is my personal dr for my body.

Thanks. After I read your post, I researched a little about Target heart range. If my Fitbit is accurate, I think that I am in my Target range. So, I think it is just my body adjusting since I haven't done any exercise consistently in a very long time. I haven't checked with my doctor, yet, but probably should...
  • Elbee1
    Options
    May Goal: Cardio exercise 2 times per week. Strength exercise 2 times per week. Also, earlier bedtime (midnight or earlier).

5/1 = Push-ups (10 reg. floor, imperfectly, 10 bent knee, imperfectly, 30 wall push-ups), Triceps Dips (1st set: 15, 2nd set 10), Back exercises including crunches & planks. Going to bed earlier: 12:40am
    5/2 = Burn 30 I'll be back to report the bedtime... -- btw, I am exhausted. This is a tough workout for me. I hope that I build up, soon. I'm wondering if I'm getting my heart beat up too high. My face was pretty red afterwards. I think the highest my fit bit showed was 137. But, I'm pretty sure that my fit bit is not accurate on me....
    Went to bed 12:20am—closer to my goal.
    5/3 = bedtime was 11:45pm. Quite sore today. No exercise.
    5/4 = Push-ups (10 reg. floor, imperfectly, 10 bent knee, imperfectly, 40 wall push-ups), Triceps Dips (1st set: 10, 2nd set: 10), Back exercises including crunches & planks. Bedtime was not even close to midnight......................
    5/5 = Burn 30. -- Was a little easier this time. My face wasn't as red, afterwards, as it was on May 2nd. So... I think that I'm okay and just need to "stay the course".
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    May 5: 8 Miles ~ Walk Slim, Fast & Firm 4 Really Big Miles + 4 Miracle Miles + Pilates

Couldn't manage another strength besides Pilates today. The HasFit workout yesterday left me sore in new places, I was afraid to risk doing it again so soon...will try tomorrow. I seem to get hurt if I push that stuff, but I really want to improve my strength. :unamused:

32 of 160 miles
  • CorkyLaRue
    CorkyLaRue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had a great treadmill session (for me) Friday night. Saturday I did 2 mile miracle walk. This is seriously the first time I've exercised on a Friday or weekend day in .... I can't even remember how long. Looking forward to doing 2 miles tonight!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    25.24/125

7 miles golfing this morning
  • JoyStoltenburg
    JoyStoltenburg Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My Goal for May will be cut a little as I will have company for a week. Not going to set how many days a week this month.
    So I want to do 100 Workout miles and 175 watch miles.

5/1 Workout #99 5+ Mega Miles. Heart rate was so high I had to cool down after mile 3 didn't realize I walked a mile cooling down but I did take about 15 just walking around the house and garden.
    5/2 WORKOUT #100 5 Mixed Miles. 2 Belly Blasting miles and 3 Walk off the lbs miles.
    5/3 Migraine and drove to visit sister-in-law for the weekend
    5/4 Bra shopping does that count? LOL
    5/4 Church and drove home
    5/6 Workout #101 2.2 miles mowing back and front and side yards. May miles 13.2/100 and 2019 425.2 miles and miles on watch are 19.3/175 for May and 577.64 for 2019
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    20.55 Miles tracked last week.

I'm happy to report my blisters are almost completed healed and I can get back into my walking shoes.

@VeggieGirlforLife : I love your drive and determination. Can you put some in a small bottle and ship it to me? ;)
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @Elbee1, you are doing great and are very determined!

@VeggieGirlforLife, That is a lot of miles plus Pilates! Nicely done.

@CorkyLaRue, look at you! Exercising even on the weekend :bigsmile: !!

@PinkyPan1, Awesome golfing mileage!

@knjstolt, I always enjoy seeing the mileage from your mowing!

@Deeder522, I'm so happy that your blisters are healing!

My goal for May is to continue to be extra active in some way and/or workout at least 5 days a week.

May 1st: 1 1/2 hours yard/ garden.
    May 2nd: 45 minutes Gazelle, 1 hour in the garden.
    May 3: 80 minutes: Tone Every Zone: 3 circuits, & 2 Walk Blasters (Light Walk, Flexibility Walk)
    May 4: 90 minutes: outdoor work and heavier indoor cleaning

May 5: Free Day
    May 6: 5 miles: Walk It Off & Tone It Up plus the extra band work session.

:flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    Goal: 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week.

5/1... 45 minutes of weights and some gardening
    5/2... 38 minutes of the 5 Day Slim Down
    5/3... 30 minutes of weights and 35 minutes of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
    5/4... 90 minutes of gardening. So humid today, so it was not the joy it usually is this time of the year
    5/5... rest day
    5/6... Weight Loss Yoga, 35 minutes and The 2 Mile Miracle Miles workout.
  • Elbee1
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @texasgardnr Thanks for the cheers! By the way, I'm a Texan, too...

May Goal: Cardio exercise 2 times per week. Strength exercise 2 times per week. Also, earlier bedtime (midnight or earlier).

5/1 = Push-ups (10 reg. floor, imperfectly, 10 bent knee, imperfectly, 30 wall push-ups), Triceps Dips (1st set: 15, 2nd set 10), Back exercises including crunches & planks. Going to bed earlier: 12:40am
    5/2 = Burn 30 I'll be back to report the bedtime... -- btw, I am exhausted. This is a tough workout for me. I hope that I build up, soon. I'm wondering if I'm getting my heart beat up too high. My face was pretty red afterwards. I think the highest my fit bit showed was 137. But, I'm pretty sure that my fit bit is not accurate on me....
    Went to bed 12:20am—closer to my goal.
    5/3 = bedtime was 11:45pm. Quite sore today. No exercise.
    5/4 = Push-ups (10 reg. floor, imperfectly, 10 bent knee, imperfectly, 40 wall push-ups), Triceps Dips (1st set: 10, 2nd set: 10), Back exercises including crunches & planks. Bedtime was not even close to midnight......................
    5/5 = Burn 30. -- Was a little easier this time. My face wasn't as red, afterwards, as it was on May 2nd. So... I think that I'm okay and just need to "stay the course". Not in bed on time...
    5/6 = Rest Day (?) & nope on bedtime.
  • CorkyLaRue
    CorkyLaRue Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone: I am still on a positive track! I took Sunday off, but got in a slightly longer treadmill session last night. Looking forward to walking 2 miracle miles with Leslie tonight. If it stays night outside today, I might be able to get in a 15 minute walk on my break. I really am feeling better and better over these past 15 days (first half was no exercise and I felt like CRAP, but after moving around and walking last week and yesterday I feel MUCH better).
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    31.54/125

6.30 miles golfing this morning.
  • JoyStoltenburg
    JoyStoltenburg Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My Goal for May will be cut a little as I will have company for a week. Not going to set how many days a week this month.
    So I want to do 100 Workout miles and 175 watch miles.

5/1 Workout #99 5+ Mega Miles. Heart rate was so high I had to cool down after mile 3 didn't realize I walked a mile cooling down but I did take about 15 just walking around the house and garden.
    5/2 WORKOUT #100 5 Mixed Miles. 2 Belly Blasting miles and 3 Walk off the lbs miles.
    5/3 Migraine and drove to visit sister-in-law for the weekend
    5/4 Bra shopping does that count? LOL
    5/4 Church and drove home
    5/6 Workout #101 2.2 miles mowing back and front and side yards.
    5/7 Workout # 102 4 miles of the Ultimate 5 day walk plan May Miles 17.4/100 2019 miles 429.2/1000 miles on my watch May 24.52/175 2019
    582.7/1000
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Goal: 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week.

5/1... 45 minutes of weights and some gardening
    5/2... 38 minutes of the 5 Day Slim Down
    5/3... 30 minutes of weights and 35 minutes of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
    5/4... 90 minutes of gardening. So humid today, so it was not the joy it usually is this time of the year
    5/5... rest day
    5/6... Weight Loss Yoga, 35 minutes and The 2 Mile Miracle Miles workout.
    5/7... 90 minutes of gardening. Someone gave me a bunch of plants a few days ago and I'm trying to get them in the ground, pots, where ever I can find a place. Love it, but it is work.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @Elbee1, you are doing awesome and are very determined! I didn't remember that you were from Texas :bigsmile:!

@AnnofB, last week I had divided some ornamental garlic which I passed along half of them to my neighbor, She ended up giving me some Canna that was doing exceptionally well this year for her, so we ended up trading some 'pass along plants' :p . It is always so much fun when someone shares plants with their neighbors. I was also scrambling to get them into the ground as we were looking at a lot of potential rain that weekend.

@CorkyLaRue, that is good news that you are feeling much better!!

@PinkyPan1, as always, your golfing mileage is amazing. Good for you!

@knjstolt, there is something about the U5DWP workout that makes it fun. But also a great workout. Nicely done!

@evangsimmons170, we shall count you in! Good to see you :) . I like how you wrote: "My focus is on total miles walked by any means necessary." Excellent goal and plan!

My goal for May is to continue to be extra active in some way and/or workout at least 5 days a week.

May 1st: 1 1/2 hours yard/ garden
    May 2nd: 45 minutes Gazelle, 1 hour in the garden
    May 3: 80 minutes: Tone Every Zone: 3 circuits, & 2 Walk Blasters (Light Walk, Flexibility Walk)
    May 4: 90 minutes: outdoor work and heavier indoor cleaning

May 5: Free Day
    May 6: 5 miles: Walk It Off & Tone It Up plus the extra band work session
    May 7: 40 minutes neighborhood walking, 1 hour 30 minutes errands and grocery store walking

:flowerforyou:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Quote: @AnnofB, last week I had divided some ornamental garlic which I passed along half of them to my neighbor, She ended up giving me some Canna that was doing exceptionally well this year for her, so we ended up trading some 'pass along plants' :p . It is always so much fun when someone shares plants with their neighbors. I was also scrambling to get them into the ground as we were looking at a lot of potential rain that weekend.

So true, Mary about "pass along plants". (That phrase always makes me think of Felder Rushing, a garden writer from Mississippi) I'm going to see my friend on Thursday and I'm having a good time picking out some plants to give her. Canna is included. :)
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    @Deeder522 Glad you're all healed up now and are ready to walk, walk, walk! :smile: I'm happy to share my determined spirit with you, but beware some have called it stubbornness! :laugh: I'm just super competitive with myself, which is not always a great thing and you've probably noticed I tend to overdo and hurt myself!

Thank you @texasgardnr! I'm finding it easier to keep up with daily Pilates, although it is still challenging and in no way an easy workout! :wink: It makes me enjoy the miles even more because they're the fun part of my workouts!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    May 6: 6 miles ~ 5 Mile Advanced Walk + 1 Mile Brisk Walk + Pilates + 17 min HASfit strength
    May 7: 6 miles ~ 4 Mile Super Challenge + 1 Mile Get Started Walk Away the Pounds + lower body Pilates

44 of 160 miles