SHRINKING ASSETS TEAM CHAT - MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I figured with the foil and the amount of fries! I love their options but they sure are a bit pricy up here.
    I have that issue with wine, and I am like well a bottle is only 600 calories. I can burn that LOL
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    They are pricy ... but they are a block from work, and seriously the fries are delish.

But that was my typical whole day's calories.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    I really want 5 guys now.
  • Efsim
    Efsim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow team: I’m struggling with chocolate ( it’s not simple to say eat dark chocolate) I am the person that is an all or nothing type; so I get bag at store or bar and eat it all- I will sacrifice calories other places ( but I don’t want to do that)
    Any advice to overcome my chocolate addiction and to get it out of my life????
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Chocolate was a big craving for me through November... What i did was i set up a mini-game.

Every time i had a low weigh in, i rewarded myself with 2 rows of dark chocolate with my morning coffee.

Few things:

2 rows was 230 cals. Easily workable into my day.

First thing in the a.m. i got the most bang for my buck for my chocolate fix... taste buds more sensitive etc.

And, obviously water weight fluctuates... not every day is a loss ... weight loss isnt linear ... but ... that added a fun lottery aspect to the whole game.

I felt like i got a chocolate snack several days a week, and i didn't binge on it in the evenings.

Hope this helps. It worked for me is all i can say.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Efsim wrote: »
    Hey fellow team: I’m struggling with chocolate ( it’s not simple to say eat dark chocolate) I am the person that is an all or nothing type; so I get bag at store or bar and eat it all- I will sacrifice calories other places ( but I don’t want to do that)

I gave up pop about 2 months ago. I just had to make my mind up to not bring it in the house anymore. Try finding some foods that really satisfy you that are sweet to replace the chocolate. Maybe a piece of fruit when you would normally want the chocolate. It takes a while for the craving to go away, at least it did with the pop. You got this!
  • ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    atleast you weighed in today and you can enjoy a few days for your bday as long as you stay active.
    BTW, Is that 5 guys?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that instantly recognised this as Five Guys!

I adore Five Guys so much, it's pretty cheap here compared to other takeaway places. Unfortunately there's one on the way home from my husband's work haha. The amount of times he WhatsApps me saying "Five Guys yah??" and I have to reply NOOOOO
  • ShowKitten
    Options
    Efsim wrote: »

I am a complete chocolate addict. I'm not a great believer in switching to dark either. I will just as easily eat a full bar of that for the same kind of calories. If you can't go for a small bar, we have some neat Freddo bars here for less than 100 cals, I sometimes go for a choc blowout once a week and have two bars (like 400 cals) after weigh in. It feels super naughty but isn't actually that bad.

I do SW so I get so many syns a day (15 for me) and sweet bars tend to range from 8 to 13 syns. If I'm in full chocco mode I'll stick to free foods for rest of the day and have my bar at night, which still let me average 2ish pounds a week loss.
  • ShowKitten
    Options
    I had my first day back at work yesterday. Opened my laptop at 8am and closed it at 7.30pm. I love holidays but the returning is AWFUL.

I only have around 1500/2000 words today to write in comparison to yesterday's 7000, so hoping I can finish early afternoon and get some steps in. Or perhaps a nap...
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    May 8th Steps
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    atleast you weighed in today and you can enjoy a few days for your bday as long as you stay active.
    BTW, Is that 5 guys?

This is Julie's party trick.... show her food and she will identify the restaurant.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Wow - looks like 5 guys has a cult following with Shrinking Assets. LOL
    I have only been there once. There are a several around here, but non near home or work -- I am safe for a bit longer. My area just got our first Culvers. That is dangerous!!!

Sooo, my meme above - on my phone looked like the questionable word was marked thru... on my pc, it appears highlighted... oops. Sitting here at work and the hubby calls. "Will you make a list of the things I need to pack..." Ummm, no... "But I want to compare your list with my list." Good save. I guess I'll make you a list. I am not sure how he made it 43 years before finding me :D

I cant wait to hear what everyone has going on this Thursday!

SAY FIT MY FRIENDS!!!
  • boehle
    Options
    overdue weights: (excuse me if I missed it already.. it does happen LOL)
    @Choconutz54
    @RandiHaszel
    @alexis1616
    @iLadyT
    @LaurieWrobo

due today:
    @debbiemcgu

steps needed:
    @Coleen312 (tuesday and wednesday)
    @Efsim
    @Guitargirl55
    @Ssummerlin
  • Efsim
    Efsim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    May 8 steps 14,439
  • debbiemcgu
    debbiemcgu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the format is for weigh in day...
    PW 211.8
    CW 211.2

I’m just starting off slowly!
  • boehle
    Options
    debbiemcgu wrote: »
    Not sure what the format is for weigh in day...
    PW 211.8
    CW 211.2

I’m just starting off slowly!

but its a loss!!
  • ssummerlin80
    ssummerlin80 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    May 8 steps--10,111
This discussion has been closed.