jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    So sorry im late!
    Username~martinesther88
    Weigh in day~ friday
    Cw~152
    Im not sure what pw was

No worries and you lost 2 pounds!

For @allieelliott17 and anyone else not sure about the format - as long as the message is clear that it is your weekly weigh-in, and that is the top of your message, everything else is unimportant. If you don't remember your previous week's weight, no problem.
  • jugar
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    If you fast for a day and have limited calories and then compensate the next day by increasing your calories what happens to your body? Will it be a cleanse for your metabolism or will it cause you to gain weight on the second day when you eat an increased number of calories?

This is always an interesting question, as is its opposite - what happens if you allow a "free day"? I think a fasting or semi-fasting day can be really good for your system even if your weight might make a dip down and come back up a bit. If you eat too little for a longer time it can slow everything down, but an occasional fasting day or half day can be good. And the free day can also be a good shake up as long as you're really strict on the other 6 days of the week - it all depends a lot on what feels good and works for you. If you make up for a fasting day by seriously overeating the next day, that can create a pattern that might not be helpful. I know that some people in the team use intermittent fasting, and I hope they join in and tell us more.
  • jugar
    Options
    OH! I almost forgot -

Please get your steps (and water if you are tracking that) in tonight for today, and any previous days you might not have reported. We will then be able to name our "triple challenge" winner and also see how many steps were taken over the past week. Thanks!
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5/10
    Steps: 11754
    Water: 120oz

5/11
    Steps: 12248
    Water: 135oz
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 ...Here are my steps for the week. I won't bother to post my water and exercise because I didn't do either every day. It's been a crazy, hit and miss kinda week.

lt1i5svclyjc.png
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170

WEIGH-IN:

User = @evangsimmons170
    Week = 1
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (5/11/19)
    Previous Weight = 338.2
    Current Weight = 341.6
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm not sure what I have to write in terms on weigh in.
    I'm assuming PW is previous weight. That the weigh from the week before or starting weight.
    Anyways today is weigh day of week 1.
    PW: 187.6
    Weigh in: 184.8
    X

Fantastic loss!!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    kx7003 wrote: »
    If you fast for a day and have limited calories and then compensate the next day by increasing your calories what happens to your body? Will it be a cleanse for your metabolism or will it cause you to gain weight on the second day when you eat an increased number of calories?

This is always an interesting question, as is its opposite - what happens if you allow a "free day"? I think a fasting or semi-fasting day can be really good for your system even if your weight might make a dip down and come back up a bit. If you eat too little for a longer time it can slow everything down, but an occasional fasting day or half day can be good. And the free day can also be a good shake up as long as you're really strict on the other 6 days of the week - it all depends a lot on what feels good and works for you. If you make up for a fasting day by seriously overeating the next day, that can create a pattern that might not be helpful. I know that some people in the team use intermittent fasting, and I hope they join in and tell us more.

Very true. You want the lifestyle pattern(s) you develop and practice to be positive and sustainable, with enough flexibility to allow for contingency planning. Not cycling between starving and binging. Going over need not mean "going over-BOARD on the serious overeating scale"

In the other challenge I am in, the goal is Accountability / Reporting (weight is not reported ... we have everyone from long-way-to-go to long-time-maintenance).

We don't call them "free / cheat days". What we have is a way to "own your choices" with a target objective of meeting " minimum of 20 minutes intentional activity / inside calorie limits (can include some or all of exercise calories eaten back if you define it that way) / log EVERYTHING that has calories" 90% of the time. That means that not more than 3 times in a month, you take a "Pass" by answering "no" on 1 or more of the goals on that particular day (3 x no on the same day still only counts as a single "pass day").

This allows for Life happening .... like @micki48's lunch for a special birthday outing ... while also training you to look JUST at TODAY. This helps with learning that what happened yesterday need not have a bearing on today's choices.

Ideally these would be "intentional passes" (preplanned special occasions, or know-its-coming situations like extended travel days) Unintentional pass days can happen too. You were too sick to exercise. You didn't find out until bedtime when you finished updating your log that the little nibble you had was more calorific than expected and there's no time to make it up via exercise.

If you use 4 (or 5 or even 15) pass days, you are still encouraged to keep reporting daily. The following month, try to use fewer pass days. This is how you eventually learn to keep one not-the-best-day from turning into a week or month off-track before returning to what you KNOW will get you there in the end.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    OH! I almost forgot -

Please get your steps (and water if you are tracking that) in tonight for today, and any previous days you might not have reported. We will then be able to name our "triple challenge" winner and also see how many steps were taken over the past week. Thanks!

I am calling my steps today at 11,052, even if there might be one or two dozen more before lights out. They won't be enough to be significant. I put them in the spreadsheet already.

By the way, what happens if the person with the most steps and the person with the most water aren't the same person? (and the person who lost the most weight this week didn't report steps or water?)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Saturday steps 8,922
    💦 72 ounces
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    Sat - 6124
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Saturday 5/11:
    Steps: 7250
    Water: 101.4oz
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Steps-5/11--- 12,173
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    IN BASEBALL THERE IS A PITCH CALLED THE CHANGE UP
    THE MODERATORS ARE THROWING THEIR CHANGE UP PITCH THIS WEEK.
    iag7h7r23w5o.png

SHARE WITH THE FAT2FIT WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP
    WHY YOUR SO DAMM PROUD OF YOURSELF
    THIS ISN'T BRAGGING, OR BOASTING
    THIS TELLING ALL OF US HOW DAMM HARD YOU'VE WORKED TO GET WHERE YOU ARE TODAY
    THEN WE IN TURN GET GET GIVE YOU KUDOS YOU DESERVE
    IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS IT CAN BE ABOUT ANYTHING
    THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE

SO COME ON SHARE WITH ALL US ON THE MODS LINK
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10743622/week-2-mods-change-up-pitch#latest ....
    YOU DESERVE A PAT ON THE BACK FOR A JOB WELL DONE!!
    s6jkwg1pgtz9.png

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    COME ON JOIN IN ON THE CONVERSATION FOR THE CHALLENGE
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10743636/come-on-join-us/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.