j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday 10/5)
    Track: yes
    Calories: Over - 1600/1500
    Exercise: not enough
    water: lots
    Daily Goals:
    I think I’m generally managing to stay within my calorie goals although, little handfuls if midget gems (little sweets) are the devil to me at the moment. 130 calories of nothing but I enjoy them so I’m letting it go. This means I’m not drinking anything but water and the odd coffee so still within my calories. Did a little bit of walking but still on bedrest until the end of the month which is driving me nuts. I’m desperate to exercise and feel like I’m going to be starting from scratch on building my stamina which is heart breaking. Still I managed to get on the scales midweek and saw that I’m losing still so looking forward to my weigh in on Sunday because I think my weight is still going down despite all this. Also didn’t get the promotion I was going for but I wasn’t surprised, I didn’t really feel up to it on the interview day so what’s meant to be will be. Focused on my recovery!
  • j0d13mcc
    Options
    JamieD328 wrote: »
    Daily post: 5/10
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Water: certainly not enough. Funny story, co-parent buys a new scale with functions I have never seen before. He programmed me in to show me what all it does, including showing how much of me is water. I choked when I read 33 percent... I redid it later on and found it was a higher number, but I really need to work on drinking much more.
    Exercise: 45 minutes with the kids Taekwondo instructor filling in. Tougher workout, oddly enough.

@JamieD328 I’ve been working on my water intake after buying one of those scales, complete with app so there’s no getting away from it lol... I’ve found that carrying a bottle with me a aiming to drink one and hour helps me. That way I gauge how much I’ve had also I tie it to things I like so I won’t have that cup of coffee until I’ve drink 2 bottles of water. A word of warning though, I was unwell recently and the dr said I’m drinking too much water which is diluting my electrolytes- I didn’t know that was a thing but apparently it is. I’ve had to boost my electrolytes once per day. I’m feeling good now!
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Friday (5/10)
    Internet was down last night

Calories: Under; Limit: 1500/Actual: 1428
    Water: 31 cups
    Exercise: Walked to and from Transitions, pushed my grandmother's O2 tank around Walmart, did squats in the bathroom holding the last one while waiting for my grandmother in the bathroom
    Day: Saw my psychiatrist and she put me on four new things. She has added wellbutrin, vitamin D 5000 IU, vitamin B12 500 mcg, and benadryl for sleep. It'll take 3-6 weeks for it to all get together and work on the issue at hand, but still it's progress, and a complete med change would take longer for an effect. I talked to the pharmacist and the wellbutrin and effexor together for the first week may make me super alert like I just drank a large, really strong cup of coffee, but that effect will fade. I spent most of the day with family again. We ate lunch, and went to Walmart. I got some new clothes for the summer. Helped my grandmother about the store. She got some pants. My brother surprised me by paying for everything, which helps my grocery budget for the month, he paid almost three hundred dollars. I got home in time to cook dinner and relax a bit, so no organized exercise, probably won't be any for Saturday either. Sunday my brother is gone and things return back to normal.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday 5/10)
    Track: Yes, all day.
    Calories: Under!
    Exercise: Some
    8+ water: 10
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: Walking about town
    • One post dinner snack: Two controlled.
  • johicks
    Options
    Okay… I said I wanted to increase my exercise w/resistance. It happened one time this week. So today I am going to start incorporating those bodyweight exercises that I posted. Here is what I CAN do. I’m going to create my own little workout and make it into sets. I’ll start with one set; then work my way up with reps and then more sets. I CAN DO these in my home or on my deck in the sun. No gym, no equipment.
    Row 1 - #1, #3, #5, #6, #7
    Row 2 - #1 (half-jacks I can’t jump), #2, #3 (against a door), #4, #5, #7
    Row 3- #1 (attempt), #2, #3, #4 (?), #5, #7
    I think this will be a good app to use!

@ajaia2001~ 🙌 Awesome loss! 👏
    @JamieD328 ~ Friday- FriYAY! Interesting water information.
    @jwall309~ Good ThursYAY!! 👏 You don’t have to give up soda. Could you convince yourself to drink 1 -16oz soda, then 1 soda; then water, then soda; etc. and so on? Just a thought. Yes, my roller-coaster ride is coming to an end, too. It feels like a weight lifted, right!? AAAAHHHHH!! 🙌 Did you see the post of the bodyweight exercises? No gym, no equipment needed. Just you! Time for yourself! NICE!!

ALL: Creating a plan for socializing will be something that you will use for a lifetime. When my co-workers and I used to go out 2-3x month, we’d rotate restaurants. I started to have one or two go-to meals that I ate and one drink (usually a bloody mary!) and had it logged into MFP. It’s pretty cool that we can utilize MFP in that way. I named my meals starting with the abbreviation of the restaurant, then shortened the item’s name or items. I always try to have a dinner salad w/ vinegar and pepper for dressing; no croutons, no cheese. That is a filler with hardly any calories. Then meat, then rice, and steamed veggies. OR a big yummy salad with dressing on the side. Do you know the trick for dressing on the side? You put your bite of salad on your fork and put a tiny dip of dressing on the bite; touch that dressing bite to your tongue first. It fills your tongue with flavor. You should be able to use half the dressing. It may take some trial and error to figure out what works for you when dining out or going out. I’ve learned that the most important thing to remember is that it’s ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP, not the food/drink. Enjoy and relish that camaraderie.

@rachelgoff3716 ~ Hang in there! Overall for the month, you’re still at a loss. I too may have a gain this week, but we are not giving up!! Right!? RIGHT! :D The goal is to lose for the month of May! Yes, we can!!

@jupdyke~ I would have a hard time leaving mom, too. 🤗 You’re a good daughter for being there for her. FriYAY! Lots of walking, under, and tracked!!

@lovethyneighbor ~ I applaud that you don’t move up/down so drastically. I’m all over the place! Keep working. :) We got this!!

@j0d13mcc ~ You are inspiring because you ARE NOT giving up! You are healing and anxiously waiting to exercise and get back up to normal. Your attitude is awesome. Thank you for sticking with us and being here through the hard times. I’ve heard that people can drink too much water, depending on the person. Our bodies are fascinating.

@MaelynMayhem~ I did a quick read before bed last night; but only liked, no comments. I was worried that I didn’t see your post. Glad you were able to post this morning. Squats! Good use of time. When I think about it, I do lunges up and down my hallway on weekends. Oh good… progress and family time. YAY! Do your best. 🤗
  • johicks
    Options
    Lovethyneighbor
    Friday’s
    05/10/19 Week ?
    PW: 208.6
    CW: 208.6

It can be confusing the way they started in April. This weigh-in was week #2. :)
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Friday May 10:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: over by 1000!
    Exercise: no

Friday night was a goodbye celebration for a friend. I intended ahead of time that I was going to have whatever I wanted and not worry about it, but still log it to stay accountable. Mission accomplished! Although I was over by 1000 calories, I refuse to let it bother me or cause me to slack off. I enjoyed myself and now I will get back to my routine!
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily post Friday May 10:
    Calories: over by 1000!
    Exercise: no

Friday night was a goodbye celebration for a friend. I intended ahead of time that I was going to have whatever I wanted and not worry about it, but still log it to stay accountable. Mission accomplished! Although I was over by 1000 calories, I refuse to let it bother me or cause me to slack off. I enjoyed myself and now I will get back to my routine!

A sound plan!! 👊 Because we will always have celebrations; being mindful that it is a one-night "thing" is an awesome mindset!! 👏

• j0d13mcc
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Okay… I said I wanted to increase my exercise w/resistance. It happened one time this week. So today I am going to start incorporating those bodyweight exercises that I posted. Here is what I CAN do. I’m going to create my own little workout and make it into sets. I’ll start with one set; then work my way up with reps and then more sets. I CAN DO these in my home or on my deck in the sun. No gym, no equipment.
    Row 1 - #1, #3, #5, #6, #7
    Row 2 - #1 (half-jacks I can’t jump), #2, #3 (against a door), #4, #5, #7
    Row 3- #1 (attempt), #2, #3, #4 (?), #5, #7
    I think this will be a good app to use!

@ajaia2001~ 🙌 Awesome loss! 👏
    @JamieD328 ~ Friday- FriYAY! Interesting water information.
    @jwall309~ Good ThursYAY!! 👏 You don’t have to give up soda. Could you convince yourself to drink 1 -16oz soda, then 1 soda; then water, then soda; etc. and so on? Just a thought. Yes, my roller-coaster ride is coming to an end, too. It feels like a weight lifted, right!? AAAAHHHHH!! 🙌 Did you see the post of the bodyweight exercises? No gym, no equipment needed. Just you! Time for yourself! NICE!!

ALL: Creating a plan for socializing will be something that you will use for a lifetime. When my co-workers and I used to go out 2-3x month, we’d rotate restaurants. I started to have one or two go-to meals that I ate and one drink (usually a bloody mary!) and had it logged into MFP. It’s pretty cool that we can utilize MFP in that way. I named my meals starting with the abbreviation of the restaurant, then shortened the item’s name or items. I always try to have a dinner salad w/ vinegar and pepper for dressing; no croutons, no cheese. That is a filler with hardly any calories. Then meat, then rice, and steamed veggies. OR a big yummy salad with dressing on the side. Do you know the trick for dressing on the side? You put your bite of salad on your fork and put a tiny dip of dressing on the bite; touch that dressing bite to your tongue first. It fills your tongue with flavor. You should be able to use half the dressing. It may take some trial and error to figure out what works for you when dining out or going out. I’ve learned that the most important thing to remember is that it’s ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP, not the food/drink. Enjoy and relish that camaraderie.

@rachelgoff3716 ~ Hang in there! Overall for the month, you’re still at a loss. I too may have a gain this week, but we are not giving up!! Right!? RIGHT! :D The goal is to lose for the month of May! Yes, we can!!

@jupdyke~ I would have a hard time leaving mom, too. 🤗 You’re a good daughter for being there for her. FriYAY! Lots of walking, under, and tracked!!

@lovethyneighbor ~ I applaud that you don’t move up/down so drastically. I’m all over the place! Keep working. :) We got this!!

@j0d13mcc ~ You are inspiring because you ARE NOT giving up! You are healing and anxiously waiting to exercise and get back up to normal. Your attitude is awesome. Thank you for sticking with us and being here through the hard times. I’ve heard that people can drink too much water, depending on the person. Our bodies are fascinating.

@MaelynMayhem~ I did a quick read before bed last night; but only liked, no comments. I was worried that I didn’t see your post. Glad you were able to post this morning. Squats! Good use of time. When I think about it, I do lunges up and down my hallway on weekends. Oh good… progress and family time. YAY! Do your best. 🤗

Likewise @johicks you're always here supporting us and its no easy thing when you're managing your own health and day to day life stuff. Thanks for posting those bodyweight exercises! I'll give those a go next week if I'm feeling up to it!
  • j0d13mcc
    Options
    Daily post Saturday 11th May:
    Calories: 1500/1550
    Exercise: Yes - walked 5km.

It was Richmond Mayfair today which means fun and frolicks...Man do the people of Richmond know how to have fun! There was plenty to eat and drink and loads of fun fair stuff to go on, there was music and dancing, the sun was out and it felt really great to lie on the grass and watch the world go by. I managed to stay within my calories, I think. I had a burger at the festival and then we went out for dinner on the way home. I hit the calorie target and got some exercise in. I think tomorrow will be a super healthy day because there was alot of fat in my diet today!! I loved it though - we had a great time!
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    Daily Post - Saturday (5/11)

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: over, Limit: 1500/Actual 1543
    Water: 22 cups
    Exercise: 30 squats, held last for 22 seconds, that's it
    Day: The Benadryl worked for sleep last night, taking it a touch later tonight so I don't crash out at 8 pm. I pretty much stayed asleep as well. I spent the majority of the day with family again, and we gave my grandmother her birthday gifts and cards along with her mother's day cards. We ate at Applebee's and a I had shrimp lime something salad. It was okay, it was 520 calories. We'll see my brother, his wife and their little ones at the end of August. So it'll be awhile before I have do the restaurant dance on the menus to get food. Tomorrow I'm back to regular exercise and routine. I'm still having symptoms, but again it'll take weeks for those to go away.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    Username: Victorious55
    Weigh in week: May 13
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's weight: 148
    Today's Weight: 146.2
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hr on elliptical machine.
    Goal/Day: Today was a good day. Walked with my daughter in her Karate Day Parade and then walked around the mall for a while.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Saturday 5/11
    Calories: under
    Exercise: hour of house cleaning

Thanks @johicks for being so positive and encouraging!!
  • ala155
    ala155 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Username Ala155
    Weigh in week 2
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 136.0
    CW 137.2 ( just got off flight) Hoping H2O weight 😔
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday 5/11)
    Track: Yes, all day.
    Calories: Under!
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 10
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 32min total= 20m (10m glider, 10m bike) + 12m gilder
    • One post dinner snack: yes
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily post Saturday 5/11
    Calories: under
    Exercise: ran 3 miles this morning and some walking
    Day: Just flew home from Florida tonight. Glad to be back, but miss my parents and the weather. Glad I got to go. Praying for a decent weigh in. I'd say I was more faithful to working out, tracking, and controlling my food intake more than I ever have on a trip before. Hope it pays off on Monday.
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Sunday, May check in (Week 3)
    Username: Toyota100
    PW: 224.0
    CW: 223.6

Weight down a little. Didn't exercise regularly last week or eat consistently healthy. However, I plan to stay focused this week. I want to be under 220 by the end of May still. I have a desk job. I use to have my own office until the beginning of January. I would do exercise tapes. We moved to a newly built hospital and now I have a cubicle. It's in a high traffic area and it's noisy all day long. Sometimes I try to do my exercise tape if I get to work early or stay late when nobody is there. My productivity and employee morale sucks now. I try to work different hours and go to another hospital that I share with the Medical Director to get my privacy.

I'm not giving up though. I'm going to keep pushing and try to stay positive.
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    username: MaelynMayhem
    weigh in week: week 3, Sunday, May 12
    PW: 266.2
    CW: 264.6
This discussion has been closed.