Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 165
    Current Weight: 161.4
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday 5/02
    Track: Yes! Every calorie, every bit, every sip; and hit diary complete.
    Calories: 1600 allowed / 1233 consumed
    Exercise:
    8+ water: 13 cups
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise 30-60 minutes/day: xxm: 10m on Glider, 10m walk,
    • Night Routine:
      ~Change clothes & Attitude
      ~Wash face / Brush Hair
      ~Hot tea
      ~One snack after dinner -
      ~Brush teeth, Gum, “Kitchen Closed!”
  • johicks
    Options
    @JamieD328~ I’d be sleepy too!! Hope the job hunt goes well so that you can be happy and closer to home.

@dilly08~ Nice loss!! We missed you the last few weeks of April. So they took you off the spreadsheet. I’m seeing what has to be done to re-add you. :)

@j0d13mcc~ You’re doing great! Crazy people!! Kill them with kindness. “Oh. Why yes! Thank you for noticing. I’m so excited about it! And appreciate your concern, but it’s all under control. Would you like to know what app I am using to track my nutrition and fitness? Or what plan my Dr. has approved?” Throw them off by being all excited.
    Anyone else??

@rachelgoff3716 ~ awesome first week weigh in. Welcome to the group!

• jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: over (cheat day)
    Exercise: 4 mile run and yardwork
    Goal/day: It was a good day. Counting down to the end of the school year!
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Thursday (5/2)

Calories: under, Limit: 1500/Actual 1339
    Water: 32
    Exercise: Yoga (36 minutes); Zombies, Run! (Siege - 29 minutes, walked additional to reach 60 minutes; Horde - 33 minutes); walked during commercials for two hours, steps: 14,109
    Day: I woke up a little stiff, no surprise. It took me a bit to get going. Eventually I got around to doing the Yoga that my body so desperately needed me to do. I did put on my sport bra this time to keep my boobs from whacking me in the face on every downward facing dog. I was finally able to do two poses I have never been able to do before, which was really nice. In the afternoon I did my Zombies, Run! episodes. And for a couple of hours afterwards I felt rather normal again, but then like a tidal wave the depression crashed over me again. I had a couple of hallucinations, and the urge to self harm has returned. I have tried going through the five senses of self soothing, except smell because I can't burn candles or incense in here (against my lease). I am probably going to try coloring for awhile and see what that does. It's just like I'm falling apart.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily Post 5/2
    Calories: Under
    Water: Not enough, reminding me I need to go get a glass.
    Exercise: Yes, a full class of "hot Taekwondo" tonight. Found out air is repaired and instructors just didn't know in time to turn it on and get it cooled off...A good thing, because a fellow parent was trying to rally a mom strike.
    Random stuff: I tried Halo Top and I thinkwhen that pint is done I can forget about those calories and carbs. Apparently its just not for me, and its candy I am craving anyway, so I have to come up with something else to better fill that void...
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    @MaelynMayhem I don't know the requirements of the self soothing, but maybe you could look at essential oils or fragrance oils? Don't know the specifics on your lease, if its just the fire element, maybe a diffuser could work in the place of candles? I hope you find something that helps.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post:
    Track: yes
    Calories: over by 265
    Exercise: yes, lots of walking

Headed back home tomorrow. I think that, although I went over calories each day while on my trip, I did better than I previously did on trips. I used to order whole pizzas for delivery to my room, I'm ashamed to say. This time I was much more conscious of what I was eating and despite having an accident and being "gimpy" I still managed to do a lot of walking. I might need to go have my foot checked, though. It was broken by a previous accident and has been hurting a lot since my accident this week, with lots of swelling each day after all of the walking. I hope that I didn't re-injure it when I tripped and fell.
  • Coffeeonice
    Coffeeonice Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Pratainua
    Week 1
    Friday
    PW: 202.6
    CW: 201.6

A lb off. Happy with that.
  • _Cece_x
    _Cece_x Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Username: _Cece_x
    Week: Friday 3rd May Week 1
    PW = 240
    CW=233.5

• johicks
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Jupdyke ~ Yeah… 👏 a good day! And a controlled cheat day. Yes. 3-2-1, soon the school year will be done. I take it you’re a teacher?

@MaelynMayhem~ Another great day of water and killing Zombies- dang girl!! And some firsts with Yoga!! 👏 Yeah!! Glad you at least had a couple of good hours. As far as using smell…. Could you use a fragrant lotion or flavored lip gloss or a boil a cup of flavored tea? Even if you don’t like tea, it might fill the room aromatically. There are other options out there besides burning. Hope that your evening went better and Friday, too. 🤗hugs 🤗 (and I see that @JamieD328 suggested essential oils, too. Yes!)

@JamieD328~ LOL “hot Taekwondo” …You probably need extra water after sweating there. 👏 Good day! :D Not sure what Halo Top is. You’re craving candy? Just sugary type or chocolate? If it’s chocolate, did you see the recipe I posted in April for Protein No Bake Fakes? Is there someplace you can go and buy ONE piece of candy w/o buying the whole bag or container? In our insurance office, there is a candy jar at the receptionist desk. I have to pass by it 20x/day. Yesterday I allowed, planned, and tracked one piece. I pre-logged my food first to make sure I could “afford” it. Also in my town, we have an old "five & dime," you can walk in and buy one piece of almost anything!! Sometimes, I think we just have to say YES. But know ourselves well enough to know when we can (& can't) so that we don't lose control and it spirals into something. Good luck!! Oh... what about gum!? There are so many flavors out there. !?? That's all I can come up with.

@skullsandskeletons~ 👏 sounds like you did fabulous on your trip. Being so mindful and not letting food go to “waist!” And gimping along every day!! That’s what we are supposed to be learning and doing, making a lifestyle change. I too hope that you’re not reinjured. Safe travels home.

@pratainua~ 👏 Wooohoooo!! A lb. gone!

@_Cece_x~ WOW! 👏 Now that’s a loss. 💣BOOM! 💥 LBS gone.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
    z0v0irwb4s5s.gif

• johicks
    Options
    Okay three topics of discussion to help out our teammates:
    • What tricks or tips do you have for when you are craving candy?
    • What do you use for aromatherapy, or to stimulate the smell sense?
    • What are some responses when someone says, "You’re losing weight. You look ill."

Comment on any one or all three. Some of you may have great experiences or also need help in one of these areas. OR this will help prepare you for when you do experience one of these situations. Thanks for contributing.
  • peacekeace
    peacekeace Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Username: peacekeace
    Weigh in week: May, Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 234
    Todays Weight: 228.6
  • johicks
    Options
    peacekeace wrote: »
    Username: peacekeace
    Weigh in week: May, Week 1
    Previous Week's weight: 234
    Todays Weight: 228.6

Woohooo Nice loss!!! Congrats.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    User Name: ajaia2001
    Weigh in week: May - wk1
    Previous Weight: 172.2
    Current Weight: 171.1

Well I thought it would be more but I'll take even the smallest of losses, much better than gaining!!
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    • What are some responses when someone says, "You’re losing weight. You look ill."

Comment on any one or all three. Some of you may have great experiences or also need help in one of these areas. OR this will help prepare you for when you do experience one of these situations. Thanks for contributing.

For the candy, I allow myself a measured portion of it (you can check my diary). I have, right now, a small bag of Hershey Kisses I am slowly working my way through a few kisses up to two servings at a time. But that's it. When I eat the candy the bag stays in the kitchen away from me. I count out my candy and leave the room with it. I also eat it slowly to enjoy it longer to help kill the craving versus eating it so fast I'm still craving it when I'm done.

Responses to "You're losing weight. You look ill."

"Those things aren't related."
    "My body is not your concern."
    "And you are the master of all judges of body types since when?"
    "Sorry you don't approve of my changes, but I didn't change for you."

• jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday)

Calories: Under 1301/1390
    Exercise: No
    Water: Definitely not enough, got diet dr. pepper from the grocery store so i've been drinking that
    Day: It was a tough day emotionally. Had some tense moments with BF and had difficult family news today. I am an emotional eater. Luckily last night BF and I had pre-purchased tickets to see Avengers (which is 3 hours long) so I was stuck in a theater from 7 pm to 10 pm without access to food (we didn't buy any movie snacks) so I was able to get through the night without stress eating. Hard to call it a victory, cause I'm still struggling a bit with the family stuff, but it is in the grand scheme of things. I can't do anything or go anywhere to help the family stuff, so I'm thankful I have a girls night planned for tonight to hopefully take my mind of things.
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options

I absolutely love Jayone Sticky Rice Rollers. If its more a sweet tooth, than a craving for candy specifically, I definitely recommend them. They are 40 cals a piece for a pretty sizeable roll. Its similar in texture to a rice cake but its slightly sweetened and in my opinion better than a rice cake cause its actual puffed rice stuck together with honey? or something like that.
  • j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Responses to "You're losing weight. You look ill."

"Those things aren't related."
    "My body is not your concern."
    "And you are the master of all judges of body types since when?"
    "Sorry you don't approve of my changes, but I didn't change for you."

@MaelynMayhem I'll be keeping these in my back pocket! Thankyou!
  • johicks
    Options
    Here is a gum that tastes and feels like candy because it has a juicy inside. Love it!

@MaelynMayhem, I don't trust myself (yet) to have a bag of chocolate in my house. Kudos to you!!
This discussion has been closed.