TEAM: Run Track Minds (May)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    #MONSLAY!
    This week as our team members weigh-in for week #3 of our May challenge, I want to set ourselves up for a little extra challenge to strive during week #3 to achieve on week #4 weigh-in. The challenge is to have a NO GAIN week #4! 🤯 I know right!!? I would love to have 100% participation, but I know that is unrealistic since there are only a few of us posting daily for the mini-challenge. So, instead, let’s have a 100% commitment. If YOU ARE willing to challenge yourself and commit to working extra hard during week #3 for a NO GAIN on week #4 weigh-in, then please respond…. “Challenge Accepted.” And if you are accepting the challenge, what are you going to work on “extra” to help push yourself to have that NO GAIN!?
    qo8dg3dwp4pt.jpg

• johicks
    Options
    Challenge accepted! I'm going to work on... NO! I AM GOING to get in my resistance workouts! Whether it be with bodyweight, soup cans, jugs or water, resistance bands, or hand weights. I'm GOING TO DO IT! :naughty:
  • klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Klilev
    SW: 196.6
    PW: 191.8
    CW: 191.0

My goal for this week is to stay under my goal calories every day. I also want to check in here for the daily mini challenge. Challenge accepted!
  • JammyPea
    JammyPea Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Username:Jammypea
    Week: May Week 3
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW =188.5
    CW=185.5
  • johicks
    Options
    klilev wrote: »
    Klilev
    SW: 196.6
    PW: 191.8
    CW: 191.0

My goal for this week is to stay under my goal calories every day. I also want to check in here for the daily mini challenge. Challenge accepted!

Awesome! Another loss- super-duper. Look forward to seeing your daily posts! And I have you marked down for the challenge! Super-excited! :#

• JammyPea
    JammyPea Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am up for the challenge....
    I am trying to plan my food/meals better, and not snack in the evenings
  • johicks
    edited May 2019
    Options
    JammyPea wrote: »
    Username:Jammypea
    Week: May Week 3
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW =188.5
    CW=185.5

@JammyPea - Another awesome loss!! You're on fire at losing. Excited that you joined the challenge. I have you marked down. Snacking in the evening is my HUGE obstacle, exercise is second.

What has been working for me is my new nightly routine.
    1.) Come home -change my clothes & change my attitude. "Home. Sweet. Home."
    2.) Eat a pre-planned, plated, and logged dinner mindfully.
    3.) Drink hot tea, to keep belly full.
    4.) Wash face & Brush hair = self-care.
    5.) One snack (if hungry) - then brush teeth and CLOSE THE KITCHEN!!
    6.) When I wake up, I put a smile on my calendar to see that I DID IT! Then when I see a frown, I can also see the many smiles that reminds me... I CAN DO IT!! And it's worth it!!

AND... congrats again on being #3 loser for our team week #2.

• MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted! I will try and figure out how to add in more exercise to my days. My nutrition is pretty much on point.
  • johicks
    Options
    Challenge accepted! I will try and figure out how to add in more exercise to my days. My nutrition is pretty much on point.

Awesome!! I have you marked down. MORE exercise? Wowsers! A variety of exercises?
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Over, 1750/1390, but under maintenance
    Exercise: No
    Water: not enough
    Day: A decent lazy Sunday. Saved up my calories for the day for a large indulgent dinner we had with friends before the Game of Thrones episode. I felt full all the way up until this morning! BUT had a huge scale victory this weekend, as of this morning's weight, I managed to not only not gain over the weekend for the first time EVER since starting this journey, but I lost a little bit! Starting off the week on very solid footing! Definitely a huge motivator to keep my weekends in check every weekend moving forward. Also challenge accepted! I'm going to focus on continuing to find balance on the weekend and making smart choices of when to indulge and when to say no so that I don't gain over the weekend anymore!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Weekly post May Week 3:
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Weigh in day :Monday
    PW =241
    CW=240
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    @johicks Challenged accepted! My extra push this week will be to ensure that I go for a 30-minute walk every day. This is harder than it sounds because I have stiff and achy joints.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted!
    I am not able to post everyday because of my schedules. But, I have been following the mini-challenges and much more daily.
    Let's go team! This is for ourselves and our health. The only best and kind thing we can to ourselves individually.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Weekly post May Week 3:
    Username: jupdyke
    Weigh in day :Monday
    PW = 154.2
    CW= 153

* Exciting that I was able to go on vacation for a week and lose weight! First time ever!
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    3ia3dfmy2zcm.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    @jwall309 ~ Great weekend and SUPER Sunday planning for the GOT dinner!! So glad you had some time to figure out the weekend and have more of a plan. And I am excited about the challenge and have you marked down as accepted.

@skullsandskeletons~ Wooohoooo! A loss! I’m glad you are joining the challenge, too. If you set your goal for 30-minutes/day; I get you will get 10-15min for sure!! I do understand the achy joints. Wishing you the best!

@victorious55 ~ I’m glad you are following the posts a little more. Hope you find encouragement and support. And super excited for the challenge, glad you accepted.

@jupdyke ~ Wooohoooo!! A loss after vacation. Congrats!

@MaelynMayhem~ Thank you for the “How to Stay Motivated” post. I’m adding it to my morning affirmations!!

So far we have 7 who are entered into the “NO GAIN on Week #4 Weigh-in challenge.”
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday 5/13)
    Track: Yes! All day.
    Calories: Under!
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 12
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 90min total= w/mom for quarterly grocery shopping: walking, lifting, loading, unloading, carrying, and putting away.
    • One post dinner snack: No! Large dinner.
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 60 mins @ bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Pretty good day overall. I got all my meals and snacks in and a good hour of exercising.

I'll accept the NO GAIN challenge!!!
  • johicks
    Options
    ajaia2001 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 60 mins @ bootcamp
    Goal/Day: Pretty good day overall. I got all my meals and snacks in and a good hour of exercising.

I'll accept the NO GAIN challenge!!!

Good day!! 👊 Glad you are joining the challenge, I have you marked down.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted!

I will strive to stay under 1250 calories, allowing 1 cheat day to go over (hubby's bday gathering this weekend). I'll stick with 2 workouts a day, 6 days out of the week.
This discussion has been closed.