What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    So, I want to lose 10 more pounds. I've been under my calorie goal (1540) almost every day and have walked either outside or on the treadmill every day during this challenge. This morning my weight was exactly the same as it was on day one. I know this challenge isn't necessarily about losing weight, and I admit that I feel better and my clothes seem to fit differently, but I'm starting to get frustrated that the numbers on the scale are not going down. I'm going to start exercising with some weights, to see if that will affect the weight and also tone my arms and stomach. I'm looking for videos or routines that you all would suggest. I'm 53 years old and basically have no muscles at all... :wink:

I like Fitness Blender. There are so many videos that I can always find the type duration and intensity of workout I’m looking for at the moment. You have to provide your own music but that way I also get what I want.

Sorry for your scale frustrations. Stick with us!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @ShareASmile, try not to put too much emphasis on the scale. It's really just one measure of our success and can be quite temperamental at times. You've listed other ways you've seen progress so you're doing things right. Just keep going and see if you don't see a good loss real soon. <3

@KCJen, glad to see you posting again! Looking forward to see you reach your goal of a December graduation!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    @ShareASmile
    This is your last 10 pounds, yes?
    What you are experiencing seems to be par for the course, esp. if you have recently gone from “no muscles” to working out.

The part of your post that perked my ears up was your clothes are looser! That is a win!

It took me awhile to realize that fitting into smaller clothes was a better measure of success than the number on the scale. As was improved fitness.

I also think losingbtge last 10 lbs prepares us for maintenance when we have to eat well, exercise, etc when the scale is steady!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @BonnieHosk85 Thanks! and love your pic!!
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    @goldthistime @MadisonMolly2017 @BonnieHosk85 @craigo3154 Thank you all so much for taking the time to answer my questions and also lift me up! I appreciate it so very much! I was getting frustrated and feeling like all of this wasn't doing any good, but after reading your posts and pulling myself up, I'm back!! 😊I just got back from a 2 mile hike at just under 4.0 mph. You're all wonderful and definitely had a huge impact on my attitude and outlook on all of this!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @ShareASmile, great! Glad we're friends here at MFP. You have a great impact on me, too! I appreciate you!
  • juparana
    juparana Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @juparana Please do your daily post in the Daily Discussion pages. Each day is dated and you check in on those pages. You are welcome to use this area for deeper discussions.
    Rick

Hi Rick Thank you for your help!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    I finally managed to link up my fitbit to the MFP ... once I get home I will see what that does to "fluid running totals" and see what happens for exercise crossover etc. I am a bit confused about "only report exercise on MFP but state start time" bit in the linking instructions. When I am on the stationary bike, I no longer get the fitbit to register "active minutes/psudo-steps"? or do I still wear it in such a way that it registers, but not actually enter anything under fitbit "exercise" that I am entering in the MFP exercise log? (this is not a wrist-band-HRM style, but an older Zip clip on model)
  • Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,708 Member
    Options
    lalabank wrote: »
    @Ketch_22
    My husband and I are on a weight loss fitness journey together and sometimes I have to really explain again and again why certain foods fit into his plan but not mine. He can eat more then twice the calories I can each day, I am much pickier with mine.

It was awesome the other when he handed me a jar to open, seven months of weight lifting! My husband is a runner and also naturally a very strong guy but I got the jar open!

Great! yes it's liberating to get your hand strength back. I guess it's use it or lose it. My husband has turned into my science experiment that's why I felt his loss was my NSV lol
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    How lovely.
  • DreamAchiever33
    DreamAchiever33 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What day of the week is the hardest for you - food wise? It seems to me that Friday's are my worst. I know it's a mindset that just needs adjusting, but I feel like I've done great all week and I just want to eat whatever on Friday. It doesn't help that the food vendor at my work on Friday is a taco place that has amazing queso. :) I just realized this today, so now that I know, maybe next Friday won't be as bad! Also, I had the queso, and will some how, some way fit it into my goals! :#
  • Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,708 Member
    Options
    just realized one week from today is May 31 the end of this uac time goes quick!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the photos @BonnieHosk85 and @w8goal4life