Exercise: no
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Weekly check in post for May week 4:
    Name: skullsandskeletons
    PW: 240
    CW: 245!?!

I am not sure what this is considering I didn’t go too over calories while at the beach and was way under a couple of days. One reason could be that I weighed tonight after sitting in the car all day as opposed to my usual morning weigh in. Another is that I have had a lot of body swelling— too much salt? I also have not been “regular “. It is mathematically impossible for me to have gained 5 pounds in a week. I’m sorry to let you all down. I will weigh again in the morning and update you all.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday 5/19)
    Track: Yes. All day.
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 15+
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 52 GT Min= 32m= 5m w/up, 5m bike + 20m walkong hallway, 2m stretch, + 10m mid-day walk + 10m post-work walk
    • One post-dinner snack: None.
    • Kitchen Closed!
    Went to moms for sisters b-day dinner. I ate according to plan having meat, sauce, a small portion of spaghetti, lots of salad, ½ garlic bread, and ½ brownie. Phew! And came home and didn’t snack, but indulged in my yummy Bengal spice tea. Catch up with you in the morning. Hubby wants attention since he was anti-social tonight. :( But I do enjoy my family more when he’s not there.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week:Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 206
    Today's Weight: 206
  • j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    The sun isn’t shining and it’s still raining! 😝 I’ll have to remotivate myself to get my day started with some indoor cardio instead of a walk! I found some videos yesterday that I can easily do in the space I have - a 15min walk and a Zumba fitness steps guide. I'll look for more as time allows. But, I have improved/increased my exercise over the last few days and knees aren’t so sore. Hope to see the scales keep moving down. Lots of posts to get to this morning, that should help motivate me to keep on being positive and get the exercise in, too! Because you are all aMAYzing!! So let’s slay this Monslay!

@jwall309~ So happy to hear your attitude. Glad you had good days with your mom. :) I thought of you when I did the 15 min 1-mile walk video yesterday. And l👀k at you in the top three for week #3! 👏 Whooop! Whooop!
    @jupdyke ~ Thanks! 👊 I was surprised. Yah for Sunday! Yes!! Back in the saddle. 6 days of exercise… wooohoooo! Here’s to being honest! 🙌 All we can do is live and learn.
    @ajaia2001~ You got in exercise and ate according to plan. Some times, that’s enough. 👍 Especially on a Sunday and after a few days of being away.
    @Toyota100~ Awesome! 👏 You had another loss!
    @j0d13mcc~ I recorded your weigh-in. Look forward to the full update. Hope you are out and about and no longer bedridden. :) And congrats on being our top loser for week #3. Whoooop Whooop! 👏
    @skullsandskeletons ~ Yeah! You tracked. 👍 You did the best you can since you are away from home. And you were honest with yourself. 🎈Yeah you!
    @MaelynMayhem~ Yes those antihistamines sure do dry ya out. So glad to hear that you are taking the time to get well. 👍 Sometimes it’s hard to do the right thing, but you are. And you will back at it full force in no time. Dang! Your full backpack was like carrying a child on your back. 😂
    @JammyPea~ oooooh! Another loss! You are having an aMAYzing month!! Whooop! Whooop!👏 And you were in our top three for week #3. Awesome! :mrgreen:

Okay @RunTrackMinds, we are nearing the homestretch for this month’s challenge. Let’s finish strong! You have been motivated enough to be here and be part of this challenge. Now let’s dig deep and turn that motivation into determination. What can you do for the next 13 days to finish strong!? Can you eat 100 fewer calories or exercise for 5-10 minutes more per day? Or if you haven’t been, perhaps complete the mini-challenge for the last week or two weeks of this month. We all have good days and bad days. Life is sometimes hard and isn’t fair. But we do control what goes in our mouths, we do control making the choice to get up and move or get out the door to exercise. So let’s make some really good choices and intake a little less, burn off some extra calories, and get off some LBS to finish up the already aMAYzing month we are having!! You can do it!!

Fantastic news!! Yey!!!!
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday 5/20)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under; Limit: 1500/Actual: 1485
    Water: 26
    Exercise: Zombies, Run! (Ghost Town - 41 minutes; The Lions Sleep Tonight - 39 minutes)
    Day: Woke up with less pain in my chest, less coughing, and no MORE voices. I met briefly with my CSS and still ate soups for my meals (Progresso Lite). I will see my primary care on Tuesday morning about the erratic heartbeat, tremors, dizziness, and nausea. I look forward to finally having that looked into. It's been a plain kind of day. I got some more hooking done on my scarf for the crochet a long. Went to bed at like 5:15 PM though

My Day
    1) I was able to do some walking today.
    2) I got in some hooking.
    3) Alex bunny kicking my entire mandala cake of yarn.

Myself
    1) I know how to pace myself in exercise when recovering from an illness.
    2) I like the way my legs are taking shape.
    3) I like how I enjoy the sciences, such as physics, biology, and nutrition.
  • johicks
    Options
    Let's work it!
    #Tueslay!

9qxveow6ymck.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Daily Post (Sunday 5/19)
    This was for Monday - 5/20/19. Oooops! Nothing like confusing myself first thing in the morning. Man, it's cold outside!! 👎 But I see 🌅 coming up over the horizon. So that means a walk!! Yeah! An again hopefully 2 more times throughout the day. :)

@klilev~ L👀K at you with another loss!! 👏 Awesome! And thanks for the clarification. I confused myself enough this morning. LOL
    @jwall309~ L👀K at you maintaining and staying focused while learning to make some lifestyle choices to balance being social and healthy eating. 👍 You could’ve easily not posted and totally given up on this challenge. I’m glad you’re here to learn with us, to help us, support us, encourage us, and allow us to do the same for you. I’m glad you brought up the first of the summer holidays. I wanted to post something and talk strategies. So I will at the end of my chatting with everyone individually.
    @j0d13mcc~ L👀K at you with that positive attitude! Yes. You are up and about and can get back to being physical. Yeah!!
    @MaelynMayhem ~ L👀K at you being hilarious with the meme posts. Hahaha! I’m sharing that one on the blog I’ve mentioned. #MonSlay! You’re feeling a little better and walking. Yes. Keep taking care of yourself. Glad you’re listening to your body. Somedays going to bed early is what the body needs. I bet Alex made you laugh! :)
    @jupdyke~ L👀K at you with that positive outl👀k on your body changes. I’m so glad there are many tools out there to measure our progress. Yeah, you! I’m looking forward to taking my measurements at the end of this month. It will be since Jan 1. That I last measured. Keep working it! (P.S. At least it wasn’t three like you thought!.) I’m so happy to read your Monday post!
    @LuluLovinLife~ L👀K at you with another loss!! 👏 Awesome! We have one more weigh-in next week for May’s challenge. And we are thrilled to have you on our team. And happy, too that you are recognizing the importance of being healthy about weight loss. We want it to be sustainable, not a quick fix. Hope you feel better soon.
    @ajaia2001~ L👀K at you having an awesome Monday, but also scary. Hope the tornado missed you. Yes, this weather is crazy.
    @skullsandskeletons~ L👀K at you checking in after a weekend at the beach. How bizarre, eh? Yes, nighttime weight is for sure heavier than first thing in the am. Hope your weight is more normal this morning so that it doesn’t drive you crazy! Are there other NSV or other measurements you are using besides just the scales to determine your successes? I too during April had a significant gain. I’m here to tell you, it didn’t deflate me. It made me work harder. We’re not giving up or not giving in! We’re doing this together!
    @Jactop~ L👀K at you being consistent. I hope you’re not discouraged. I’m inspired by you weighing in and not gaining! I’m all over the board every week. You are doing something so right with your exercise and eating that you’re learning a good balance to maintain. I need to learn that too. To me that is so hard. 🤗 hugs 🤗
    kr5dh86zeaje.jpg
    I love how this team doesn’t give up or give in! We’re here to get the lbs off and learn how to work through life as we do it, too! We’re not stopping! You can’t stop @RunTrackMinds! Right!? Right!!

• johicks
    Options
    rdufc8dyv510.jpg
    Okay team, speaking of never giving up despite life. We have an American holiday approaching. Let’s talk strategies about handling this and/or special events or dinners. What can you or do you do to stay on track? Some of my strategies are:
    • 1. Find out the menu to know what to bring or plan to eat. i.e. my mom is having us over Monday night (tomorrow) for dinner. Since all of us are all watching our diet as my sis & mom have diabetes; she is really good about telling us what is for dinner. So I noticed that she has no greens or veggies of any sort! So, I will bring a salad for everyone and some black beans for my plate. I envision my plate with a meat, a veggie, and a carb. And if I decide to eat cake, then my carb is less to accommodate the cake calories.
    • 2. If I’m eating out at a restaurant, I find their menu online. My go-to no cal dressing is red wine vinegar and black pepper, no cheese, no croutons to make a really low-cal dinner salad to help fill me up. Then again, meat, steamed veggies, and a carb (or dessert or adult beverage.) Be careful of salad dressings and cheeses on salads.
    • 3. Okay, for the BBQ weekend of Memorial Day. Hubby & I might do burgers or steak. If burgers then I will have homemade sides (baked beans & coleslaw) that are mostly veggies; as the burger will be the carb and protein. If steak then steak, corn on the cob, and veggies and dip.
    • 4. My homemade veggie dip is 1C nonfat plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) and a packet of onion soup. Then it’s protein versus fat and I can snack guilt-free.
    • 5. Another dip I make to go with tortilla chips is low-fat cottage cheese and black beans and/or salsa. Again, adding some fiber and protein instead of just fat or empty calories.
    • 6. I start by planning THE MEAL of the day first. Then tweak the rest of the day accordingly. I do allow myself a snack 1 hour before the meal to help keep me satiated and to not overindulge, and/or if having dessert then will it one hour after dinner. Then I can eat a smaller meal and still feel like I can partake in what everyone is eating.

• JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Username Jamied328
    Week 4? Tuesday weigh in
    PW: 164.2
    CW: 162
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Weekly check in post for May week 4:
    Name: skullsandskeletons
    PW: 240
    CW: 245!?!

I am not sure what this is considering I didn’t go too over calories while at the beach and was way under a couple of days. One reason could be that I weighed tonight after sitting in the car all day as opposed to my usual morning weigh in. Another is that I have had a lot of body swelling— too much salt? I also have not been “regular “. It is mathematically impossible for me to have gained 5 pounds in a week. I’m sorry to let you all down. I will weigh again in the morning and update you all.

Tuesday morning update: weighed in at 239. Whew. Thanks @johicks for the positive words! Non-specific NSV are: felling less bloated, walking with a little less pain, sports bra being easier to put on. Have a great day everyone!

• jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Under 1243/1390
    Exercise: No
    Water: Not enough
    Day: Was an ok Monday! One thing I've noticed when I really over indulge on the weekends is that Monday I have very little appetite or still feel very full. That happened today. Ate my packed lunch, but had some small snacks for dinner instead of a full meal, I felt stuffed all day.

Got on the scale this morning (Tuesday) and the calories from the weekend found me :( I'm up 1.2 pounds....Not happy about it, but I will just get back on track this week and hope by weigh-in Thursday I'll be back to where I was last Thursday or even down a little bit.

@johicks Great topic! My strategy for this coming weekend is to really let alcohol and a few boardwalk treats be my only indulgences! We are staying in a condo with a full kitchen so will be bringing food for breakfast and lunch. I'll be in control there to make sure I'm on track. One benefit of going to the beach is that when I'm out in the sun my appetite tends to be lower. Dinners I also plan to stay within calorie goal by getting salads or fresh seafood! There are a few treats on the boardwalk that I will probably have after dinners, but my goal is to stay at maintenance calories or under for the weekend!
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    ex5ui3j0zpmw.png
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    mlzffrx4f043.png

This is Alex bunny kicking my mandala cake yarn.
  • johicks
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday 5/21)
    Track: Yes. All day.
    Calories: Spot on.
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 13+
    Daily Goals:
    • Morning Affirmations
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals 30-60 min/day, add resistance: 40 Min
    • One post-dinner snack: None.
    • Kitchen Closed!

Not feeling 100% heading to bed early with an extra tea by my side and medicine cabinet meds closeby. Stomach is yukky.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday May 21
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes

Back on track! @johicks I hope you feel better soon!!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp
    Goal/Day: What a stressful last night and this morning. Had to take shelter late last night and then again at work early this morning from the tornadoes. We're all safe and hopefully won't see that kind of storms for a while.

• jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @ajaia2001 stay safe!
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 4 mile run
    Goal/Day: Got through a crazy day at work and evening of ramming! Tomorrow is hump day...woohoo
  • klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Daily (Tuesday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: read my book on the elliptical and stationary bike for 45 min total
    Day: Strange day. We had an unexpected snowstorm yesterday. I worked from home and then met with my research advisor in the afternoon. I had book club tonight and was disciplined on food but not drinks. I really enjoyed the time catching up with friends.
This discussion has been closed.