WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Please can I change my weigh-in day to Friday from next month? Thank you!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    TAKE A PEAK YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED
    WEEK 4 THE MODERATORS ARE AT IT AGAIN AND THIS WEEK I AM GOING TO CHANGE THINGS AROUND. I HAVE FOUND A SERIES OF INFORMATIONAL SUGGESTIONS ON FOOD AND FITNESS WHICH JUST MIGHT SURPRISE YOU !! THESE ARTICLE IN THIS SERIES HAS BEEN REVIEWED BY Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD

HOW TO CUT CALORIES FROM YOUR DAY

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10746104/take-a-peak-you-might-be-surprised/p1?new=1
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    I hadn't looked at the thread for 2 days and was about to post my misery (fell off the wagon big time) but reading all these posts, I've got my response & plenty inspiration.
    I hope I can pull it back quickly before I give up completely.
    Lack of sleep seems to be my downfall.
    Have a great week everyone!

Why aren't you sleeping @Perla4686 ? Have you tried melatonin?

My husband uses melatonin and it’s the only thing that helps him with his sleeping patterns without the foggy effects in the morning. He uses it mostly when dealing with jet lag ans occasionally stressful times at work when he losses sleep.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    I think I’m just missing my Saturday steps for last week.

Sat - 9391
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff and @sleepymom5 - thanks for the challenge!

7 photos...
    7 days...

Sunday - Picture of Something your reading. Share why you are reading this. What it means to you.

74rdxnaw172a.png

This is the second book to Anne Rices vampire chronicles. I started reading these books when I was 15 and have read them all and re-read them several times. She recently started adding to these stories which is why I’ve started them again from the beginning. I’ve always been fascinated with her version of vampires. (I very much dislike the twilight version. Sorry lol)

Monday - Picture of something you bought. Why did you buy it? Why was it needed?
    Tuesday - Picture of your favorite kitchen tool. Why is it your favorite? What do you use it for?
    Wednesday - Picture of your work in progress. What is it? What will you use it for when your done?
    Thursday - Picture of Exploring the outdoors. Where are you at? What did you find?
    Friday - Picture of something extraordinary. What is it? Why is it extra special?
    Saturday - Picture of just a smile. Who's smile is it? What is beautiful about it?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting us started on the photo challenge! I am usually reading 2 books at once - one audio, one visual. This is my listening right now -

mqfjc9w4h9f4.png

I'm listening to it because I love Michael Chabon's books. This one is written so convincingly like a memoir that I thought it really was a memoir for a long time. I looked up one of the characters (his grandmother) thinking she was real! It is a novel, though - and even though I don't like it as much as his previous books, it is a wonderful place to hang out while I'm walking, doing housework, driving, etc. Nothing will top Telegraph Avenue, though. What a great and crazy book.
  • jugar
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a good weekend. A few bits and pieces:

@Perla4686 - no problem to change you to Friday for June. Remind me if I forget! I really feel for you with the tough sleeping problems. My daughter was SO bad at sleeping - I think the one thing worse than being an insomniac is being an insomniac's mother. Finally she learned to read. That's how long it took. I hope yours is faster than that! Nap when you can...

For week 3, a round of applause to @reflectionofme and @mari_moulin as our top 2 losers, and @matthewsfive @Kittu125 and @Blackbeautysue all tied for 3rd by losing 1.8 pounds each! We are still in the top 3 teams for the 3rd straight week.

Looking forward to ending the month as strong as we have been going all along!
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @Perla4686 - no problem to change you to Friday for June. Remind me if I forget! I really feel for you with the tough sleeping problems. My daughter was SO bad at sleeping - I think the one thing worse than being an insomniac is being an insomniac's mother. Finally she learned to read. That's how long it took. I hope yours is faster than that! Nap when you can...

Aw, jugar that means a lot!
    Today I finally managed to climb out of the 'no excersize' rut! Feels like a milestone. I took my 14 yr old son for a run (still week 1 of C25K). Was so good to spend time with him while also working out. Feeling great! (Food still terrible but working up the mental strength to get going again)
  • Pearl4686
    Options
    rxkyeqif75x6.jpg
    I just finished this book. I've always loved medical drama/novels and this one doesn't disappoint. It's a true biography with plenty of humour and to us Brits, eye opening in terms of how our healthcare system works.
    Happy reading!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    28k7f80srqtz.jpg

I do almost all my reading online/digitally, and I read a lot of comics.

I'm re-reading Tower of God. This is the series that got me into online comics. It's funny, sad, scary, intense... Its just so well written and beautifully drawn.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hope it’s not too late.
    Steps 5/25 8,213
  • mari_moulin
    edited May 2019
    Options
    7 photos...
    7 days...

Monday - Picture of something you bought. Why did you buy it? Why was it needed?

g454ga45485g.jpeg

Today I bought myself a new belt. I have been eyeing it at the shop for almost a month now but couldn’t make up my mind. I really like the flowers and colors in it. I needed a new belt as my old one was too big and used up. Glad I bought it.

Tuesday - Picture of your favorite kitchen tool. Why is it your favorite? What do you use it for?
    Wednesday - Picture of your work in progress. What is it? What will you use it for when your done?
    Thursday - Picture of Exploring the outdoors. Where are you at? What did you find?
    Friday - Picture of something extraordinary. What is it? Why is it extra special?
    Saturday - Picture of just a smile. Who's smile is it? What is beautiful about it?
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/25~5,542
    5/26~8,085
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    f6gbchrm6qyg.jpg

Let me know if I missed any this week. I was a hot mess 😂
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    okb1f3ogyms3.jpg

This was yesterday! Sorry I'm late. This is a fun challenge! I'm a huge Karen Kingsbury fan and have read all her books. Hubby got me this one for our anniversary last month and I just cracked it open. I have to be careful when I start reading them because I won't stop till it's done 😅
  • jugar
    Options
    7 photos...
    7 days...

Today I bought myself a new belt. I have been eyeing it at the shop for almost a month now but couldn’t make up my mind. I really like the flowers and colors in it. I needed a new belt as my old one was too big and used up. Glad I bought it.
    As usual, @mari_moulin beat me to it! I started buying awesome belts as soon as I lost a good amount of weight and started feeling like I had a waist worth highlighting, and trousers loose enough to need one. They are a fantastic reward that not only has no calories, but it helps keep you from consuming too many! Great little reminders...
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    FOR ME
    PLEASE HONOR THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE U.S. ARMED FORCES
    THAT SACRIFICED IT ALL
    THANK YOU
    ANDERSON.GREGORY B. CPO GM MWDH RETIRED

https://youtu.be/UUZHTE1jMXg
  • jugar
    edited May 2019
    Options
    jx1rscl2j1ei.png

Good Monday, everyone, and wishing those of you in the USA a thoughtful Memorial Day. I am remembering an aunt I never knew today. She served in the US Navy in WW II, came home, transferred to the reserve, and died not long afterwards of kidney failure. My 20 (or 21?) year-old father was there with her at the end, and he joined the Navy shortly thereafter. When I was a child, we went to her grave site every Memorial Day. From the few photos I have and my dad's descriptions of his older sister, she was quite a wonderful woman. My sister is named after her, and my daughter looks so much like her it is spooky, including having the only green eyes in the family. Now my daughter is in the Canadian Army. They are standing with their American brothers and sisters as they honour the fallen today.

STEPPERS! I need some updates for May 19-25 when you have a chance:
    @fourathomej - just last Fri-Sat
    @Blackbeautysue and @leni1us Thurs-Sat
    @jlbtnc - Wed-Sat
    @BMcC9 - Tues-Sat

@bfitb440n2022 and @martinesther88 and @micki48 you are all up to date and not too late! Thanks for posting even when being a hot mess, @bfitb440n2022 ! I love that expression...

I'm hoping that some folks who have been rather quiet lately are doing OK -- give us an update if you can!
  • jugar
    Options
    Monday weigh-ins:
    @reflectionofme (our TOP loser and stepper so far this month!!)
    @tdrjustus3

Thanks!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    @jugar I posted my steps for 18 - 21 on the 22nd and 22 on the 24...did u get them all or should I repost?

23 - 14788
    24 - 17330
    25 - 25102 - hiking @the lake
    26 - 14943

all caught up...sorry...thigs will slow down after this week!!
This discussion has been closed.