Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• SpinningWitch
    SpinningWitch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - I'm Pam and I live in a tiny village in Devon, England with my husband and our four Maine Coon cats. I am the Foundation Governor for two Church Primary Schools and one Community Primary School, their R.E link governor, and I chair the Resources (Finance) Committee. I'm also a costumed (Edwardian period) docent at a National Trust property (Lanhydrock House).
    I'm 63 and over the past four years, I've lost 63lb on Slimming World and have another 17lb to get to a healthy BMI; recently I decided to make the switch to MFP as I really can't afford the weekly fees any longer.

From 2012 to 2017, I was studying for a BA(Hons) in English Literature with the Open University - which meant that I spent an awful lot of my time on my butt, so I bought Leslie's Five Mile Fat Burning DVD years ago and did use it but it got shelved when we moved from Surrey to Devon. I have just been given her full set of workout DVDs, with the weights etc and so I dusted off the original one to ease myself into it again and did my first mile this morning. I know that it doesn't sound much, but for me to feel motivated enough to spring out of bed, dress in workout gear and put on that DVD is a major step!

I've also charged up the FitBit that my stepdaughter gave me and am trying to get to my 10,000 steps a day.
    Looking forward to 'walking' with you all!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Welcome, SpinningWitch!

Sounds like you are well prepared and ready to get fit. Check out our monthly challenge thread. It's motivating to see what everyone's doing. It doesn't matter what time of the month you join, just jump in.

Glad you joined us.
    AnnofB
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Greetings. Getting back on the exercise wagon and Leslie has always been a favorite. In fact, we purchase her monthly subscription which gives access to so many walking videos. I have 3 girls turning 12,15, and 17 this summer. Our charter school is a mainly a home school program so I have been utilizing the power walking for our PE. We have a good size tv set up in the back room with mats.

For myself, I have been back at loosing weight for about 3 months and it is time to add in the exercise component. So as I look to these power walk routines, I thought I would pop into this group and say HI, and maybe check in from time to time for a little encouragement and accountability. Thanks. =)
  • AnnofB
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Welcome dawnz75! Glad you joined us. :)

Please jump into the June Walk Challenge with us. Our leader Mary/texasgardnr will start the monthly thread for us soon. :smiley:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @SpinningWitch and @dawnz75, welcome to the Leslie Sansone Walk At Home group. I want to join @AnnofB in both welcoming you to the group, as well as inviting you to join the Monthly Walk Challenge. Peek into prior months to see if you might be interested. The June challenge just started today. As the welcome post to June mentions, any day is a good day to decide to join.

@SpinningWitch, The Monthly Walk Challenge group has all age ranges who walk in our challenges. I am in my later 60s, and as Leslie often says the walks are for all ages and stages of life!!
    Just curious... which full set of Leslie's workout DVDs were given to you? What an awesome gift you were given!!

@dawnz75, That is great that you are getting back to exercising again! There are others here who stream Leslie's walking videos also. That is awesome that you chose Leslie walks for the PE requirement for Charter/ Home School for your girls.
    Congratulations on loosing weight and deciding to add in exercise to your health goals. Leslie talks about that very thing in a couple of her walks - about not dieting with out exercising, so that you don't loose muscle. We need to stay or become stronger while getting healthier.

:flowerforyou:

• szn123hub
    szn123hub Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, just joined. I have started doing the walking videos on YouTube. I am in my mid 60's ,obese, and need to improve my health. Looking forward to walking and losing weight with you.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @szn123hub We can't wait to have you in our little gang. Make sure you join us in the Monthly post where most of our discussion are.
  • INFJx3
    INFJx3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!! I just love Leslie's videos and do the tone and walk (with strength training included) twice a week, and then I do C25K three times a week. I am in my 50's and just love Leslie's attitude about aging well!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    szn123hub wrote: »
    Hi, just joined. I have started doing the walking videos on YouTube. I am in my mid 60's ,obese, and need to improve my health. Looking forward to walking and losing weight with you.

Glad you found us. You can do this. One day at a time. :smiley:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    INFJx3 wrote: »
    Hey y'all!! I just love Leslie's videos and do the tone and walk (with strength training included) twice a week, and then I do C25K three times a week. I am in my 50's and just love Leslie's attitude about aging well!

Always nice to have another Leslie fan here. I think Leslie is the poster child for aging well. I think she is maybe 57 now... looks 20 years younger to me. :)
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @szn123hub and @INFJx3, welcome to Leslie Sansone Walk At Home group. Being in my later 60s I also love Leslie's attitude about aging well ;)

I am glad that you both have joined in the August Walk Challenge. Happy walking 🏃‍♀️.

:flowerforyou:

• davisagolding
    davisagolding Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Davisa. I am starting on the 3rd of August. The goal is to walk 900 minutes this month. I'll check in periodically.

Let's get walking.
    :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi I'm Davisa. I am starting on the 3rd of August. The goal is to walk 900 minutes this month. I'll check in periodically.

Let's get walking.
    :)

Hi Davisa. Welcome. Glad you joined us. See you on the challenge thread.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    @FluffKitty987,

Hello! What a fantastic journey! Congratulations on your loss. :) You did the hard work and oh my, it paid off didn't it?
    Glad you found us. It's always great to find a new Leslie fan.
    Walk strong!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Hi, everyone!! 😄😄😄 my weight loss journey started in 2016 at 278 lbs 😢 I was extremely unhealthy, pre diabetic, had really bad swelling in my arms and legs & was just overall in a lot of pain. My mom has been a Leslie Sansone fan for years and gave me a copy of “Walk Off Fat Fast”. Over the course of a year & a half, I lost 120+ lbs using her dvd!! 💪🔥✨ I absolutely loveeee the workouts!! I still do them to this day, 6 out of 7 days of the week!! 😃😄 The Walk At Home DVD’s & eating a healthy diet have completely changed my life!

As for me, I’m a huge Harry Potter fan & love to read! I’m dating a wonderful man who’s a Marine and is so supportive of me! I have a very active job that keeps me on my feet which I am grateful for!! With workouts included, I average about 20,000 steps a day!! 💪💪💪😍😍😍

Sooooo grateful to have stumbled upon this group!!! 💖💕 I was hoping to find some people who enjoy Leslie’s workouts as much as me!! Wishing you all well!! 💖💫✨

Wow, just wow. You are amazing! 👍👍
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    helloVegas wrote: »
    I have gained and lost weight so much I am the fattest expert on fitness. Now I'm seeing 50 closing in and I have over 100 pounds to lose and have debilitating arthritis in my hips (can't walk stairs) and I can feel my back giving out (my knees were always bad). I haven't been active in many years. I need to change a lot in my life and getting more fit is the cornerstone.

I made a new myfitnesspal ID, weighed in (omg), and went for a walk in the park on Saturday and could barely do a half-mile before my back was on fire. I don't want to drive all the way to the park to walk for 15 minutes, especially when I used to do a 5 mile loop regularly.

I never did this walk at home thing, to be honest thought it was lame. Well I got home from work today knowing I was not going to do anything but sit on the couch. Again. I went to youtube and found 1 mile happy walk. I did most of it, not at the intensity she did it, but I did it. Did I mention I did it. Sweating like a beast but I did it. If you aren't sure - I did it.

Then I found this group to see if anyone else was out there. Granted, she's kinda annoying (at least on this one) but I liked the music and for the moves I can't do because of my leg I could still walk at a good pace. And I liked the other moves weren't for too long so I didn't feel like a total loser for too long.

SO here I am.

I so feel your pain. I just turned 55, and like you have gained and lost so much weight that I also am a fat expert on eating and fitness. I had foot surgery 3 weeks ago and am looking for some motivation when I am able to be back on both feet.
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I joined in 2012 and was on a roll, lost about 50lbs and since that time, I took up running, lifting, yoga, and other fun stuff. However, I also have had multiple injuries since I have a tendency to go all in on my exercise.

I am a WW member, have also been on almost every other 'diet' known to man. But in 2012, I really cleaned up my act and dumped the processed foods. With all my injuries, the weight has slowly crept back - up 30lbs and really need to reign myself in- as I just turned 55 a couple of weeks ago. I am revamping my all or nothing regime to a - let's keep moving attitude. I gave my treadmill to my bonus son this week( otherwise I am tempted to start running and my back will NOT like that!). I have a spin bike- a personal fav, but also have a few of Leslie's videos on the shelf. I will be pulling them out as soon as I'm able to wear both sneakers- in the next couple of weeks- and I am thinking I may get the green light around New Year.

I still try to do pilates and some minor things while I'm temporarily out of commission, but I my biggest issue is my eating-and sneaking- or not tracking. I love my cookies.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hi @neon7girl. Glad you found us and we'll look forward to getting to know you more. Feel free to join in on our Monthly Challenge Thread. I just picked up a 11 class pass to a local gym and plan on using it for spin classes there.