Replies

• ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp class
    Goal/Day: Good day today. Stayed within my calories and had a great workout at bootcamp.

The results for the 21 day challenge I participated in a few weeks ago came out today and I won in the female category. My final results were I lost 8.6 lbs and 3.5 inches 😊💪
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday 6/10)

Track: No
    Calories: Over (Most likely)
    Water: Good
    Exercise: None
    Day: Well, today I came clean to my CSS about my week of Hell. The week in which my devices quit working on me. I didn't sleep for four days, didn't eat during that time, barely took in any liquids, and then I couldn't stop eating. I also stopped taking my medications and went through the flu type symptoms of withdrawal. I became hypersexual in that if I had my ex-boyfriend's number I would have invited him over and well, yeah... She found some medications I had bought over the counter and was concerned I would abuse them, I hadn't, but she locked them up anyways. She is checking on me again tomorrow after my aide leaves. The guy that handles the Internet came by and tried to get my Net up and going again. It sorta works. He is thinking of putting a hub in my apartment which will help. So, I will try to get to a cafe or the library when I can during the day. I think Transitions will let me on MFP it's just very slow due to the multiple firewalls and I have a time limit. I'm able to be there a couple of times a week. Just bear with me as I get it figured out and get a routine in place. And that's the trick with everything, the routine. I have to get back into my exercise and eating routine, and create a new routine for accessing the Net.

Alright, well take care everyone.

Peace, love, and chicken grease.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track: No, started strong but failed miserably
    Calories: could go either way
    Exercise: afraid not

Does anyone else have days where they think their day will go one way, but then end up skipping a meal and hungry, and just eating weird combinations of crap, because you have zero motivation to cook the sort of meal you should be eating? Because that is the definition of my day.
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    @JamieD328 - I understand. I have been eating Triscuits, pickles, P'zone, ton of soda and just other random items. Milk is expired, didn't feel like heating up the oven to cook chicken, veggies in the fridge aren't any good anymore, and so on. I'm getting food tomorrow. So, I'm getting those tuna pouches for my moments of just not wanting to cook along with getting some nice crispy veggies to munch on as well. It's nice to have those around when those moments come, because they will come.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday June 10
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

I am tired! New puppy in the house.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 204
    Today's Weight: 203
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    @skullsandskeletons - Aww, I bet the new puppy is super cute though! Get some much needed rest.

@Jactop - Nice weight loss! You're going strong!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options

@Perla4686 - I understand. When I lost my connections on my phone and Internet I also went off the wagon for a bit. I didn't sleep for a couple of days and didn't eat and then couldn't stop eating and was eating the wrong things. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day so it will be a fresh start for me too, getting back to my basics that has improved my health and helped me to lose the weight.

Yep. I could have written that! Mine was stress related (& TOM) but I slept little and that always messes with my appetite and mood. So ended up eating a load of junk.
    Today starts a new day! 8 think I'm ready mentally. I'll keep you posted. Good luck to you, let us know how it goes.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    ajaia2001 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp class
    Goal/Day: Good day today. Stayed within my calories and had a great workout at bootcamp.

The results for the 21 day challenge I participated in a few weeks ago came out today and I won in the female category. My final results were I lost 8.6 lbs and 3.5 inches 😊💪

Wow, very impressive! Well done!
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi my extended MFP family! At work at 2:30am getting the day started early. I plan to meet with my manager today, I'm already being positive it will go well. I will update you and ask you for your advice on what is happening later this week. I did a work out 15 minute video at my desk this morning. I'm about to dance for 15 minutes around the office while listening to my jams before everyone gets here. Sorry, I have to keep my clothes on for now @johicks! When I get home I will definitely dance nude to help me destress!

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Toyota100 wrote: »
    Hi my extended MFP family! At work at 2:30am getting the day started early. I plan to meet with my manager today, I'm already being positive it will go well. I will update you and ask you for your advice on what is happening later this week. I did a work out 15 minute video at my desk this morning. I'm about to dance for 15 minutes around the office while listening to my jams before everyone gets here. Sorry, I have to keep my clothes on for now @johicks! When I get home I will definitely dance nude!

Jam away, girl! I do not miss those early early mornings at work. Long days and full of stress. Hang tough!!
  • johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday 6/10)
    Calories: under 1200 over
    Exercise: Yes
    8+ water: 14+
    Daily Goals/Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations:
    • Plan / pre-log food
    • Exercise goals> 2-3x/day, 30+m, 2-3/wk resistance: =47min
      =37mins: PBS - Classic Stretch & Yoga
        [+]16m- entire body w/focus on back [+]11m- lower body & triceps [+]10m- Yoga/
        =10m walk mid-day
      • One post-dinner snack: Nope! more
      • Kitchen Closed! - YES! not enough self-talk, tired
      I was surprised that my workout 🧘🏽‍♂️ this morning made me 🔥SWEAT! It was great. No intense cardio or impact on my knees. I am for sure going to use that one on Mondays and again later in the week. :) I love that I’m experimenting more with a variety of exercises. As on this rainy day (& then in the winter) I need to be sure I don't rely just on walking! Michigan weather is too unpredictable.

I need to journal and re-read past journals. I noticed a couple of signs but ignored them. Note to self: DO NOT IGNORE SIGNS. It's not a weakness to admit that you're not going to be perfect on plan every day!! Being smart and strong to recognize the signs will lead to a plan, versus stuffing them away at night. Ugh!

• johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    OKAY! SO OVER THE WEEKENDS, I PREPARE FOR THE WEEK OF PIC-POSTS AND PUT THEM IN DATE ORDER. AFTER LAST NIGHTS BINGE THIS POST IS SO RELEVANT! I TOLD YOU CHEERING YOU ON ALSO HELPS ME. :) I NEED TO BE REMINDED DAILY (& NIGHTLY, APPARENTLY!!) THAT WE CAN WIN THIS BATTLE.

FOOD IS FUEL, NOT A DRUG.
    EXERCISE IS NOT A WASTE OF TIME,
    BUT MEANT FOR OUR WAISTS AND MINDS.

a7jcmhcv7c74.jpg

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • johicks
    Options
    @MaelynMayhem~ So nice to have you back. 👭 You were missed! Chicken grease and all! LOL Yes, my little guy likes to pose with me too. It’s funny. (most days) I am just trying to get a variety in so as not to get bored. Or injured, then down and out, to restart (again!) I look forward to hearing about your exercise and excursions, but first things first. Get back online. :) And make that plan. Being disconnected is no fun… and weird, too Now that we know what’s happening, it’s not as worrisome. With those storms, I was thinking the worse. Glad you’re back! 🤗 And once you get back to your routine, you will be back in full force. You have the right plan by going to get those easy to grab foods for when you don’t “feel like it!” I wish that my hubby had less junk in the house so that there wasn’t so much temptation. I feel like I’m battling myself and him most days. But, I think the more healthy I get, he will jump on board, too. I hope! ✌🏾 💙 🐓 🍛
    @ajaia2001~ 21-Day challenge! That is fabulous!! Losing lbs and melting away fat. 💥 💣💥 💪 You’re going strong and getting strong! 💥 💣💥 💪
    @JamieD328 ~ Absolutely, Jamie. No one is perfect. And that’s where we all have to just realize, we can only do the best that we can. Learn from the day, if there is a lesson or a trigger to recognize. Pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and start the day new and fresh. Learning how to overcome those days by preparing ahead sometimes is the best. Crockpot meals? Always have salad stuff chopped and easy to throw a salad together, before grabbing the other stuff. But... I get it! I was there for many months before checking back into MFP and facing reality. And now that I am logging every day, there are less and less of those days. Keep checking in here. Recharge your battery here with us, vent, get it out of your system; and get back on track. WE may stumble, but we do not quit! And you said… “definition of your day.” Not life. It was just one day. Tomorrow will be better.
    @skulllsandskeletons~ Yes. Another good day! And a new puppy. Love that puppy breathe and smell. But not the long nights of whining. Good luck with the new bundle of joy.
    @Jactop! You’re doing great. Another loss. Awesome.
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Under, 1359/1360
    Day: A solid day getting back on track!

Scale was much kinder this morning (Tuesday), I've already dropped 3.4 of the 5 pound weekend gain! Even when I know deep down its water weight, its such a relief when the scale drops quickly.

Really focusing the rest this month on "adulting." Have some financial things to take care of so I need to spend less money which in turn will help my journey here! My biggest social expense is food and drink, so without eating and drinking out so much I will also be able to stay on track! BF and I are also officially ready to start looking at new apartments, so once I take care of previous financial obligations, I need to start planning for moving expenses, etc. Big things happening this summer, unfortunately not all happy fun vacation, but I will be happy when these things are taken care of
  • johicks
    Options
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Under, 1359/1360
    Day: A solid day getting back on track!

Glad to hear that you're back on track! And that you and BF are moving forward. Staying focused on a healthy lifestyle is so easy to set aside. And you keep bringing it forward. Yes!

• johicks
    Options
    So after the repost of my good day yesterday that ended in a night binge, I was sitting over here feeling a little sorry for myself. Then I thought to myself, I exercised yesterday!! I also tracked all day, even the binge! And I got back on MFP, faced reality and exercised this morning. All of those positive thoughts are making feel better. As I am trying to learn to make this process a lifestyle, I'm trying to figure strategies to keep me going! And in the shower... it sparked a new idea.. a mini-challenge.
    Even on a bad day, there is almost always something positive that happened or a way to view something, even if it is a lesson. So... I'm starting a completely optional mini-challenge group. We will be known as the TOP SPINNERS!

• johicks
    edited June 2019
    Options
    🌺TOP SPINNERS 🌸
    VENT AWAY ABOUT OUR “OFF DAY” OR MOMENT AND
    ALSO FIND AT LEAST ONE POSITIVE SPIN TO POST
    wps9xbwnzehm.gif
    THIS IS ANOTHER MINI-CHALLENGE, THAT IS TOTALLY OPTIONAL.
    EACH TOP SPINNER WILL BE RECOGNIZED WEEKLY FOR THE NUMBER OF “SPINS.”
  • Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good morning ya'll!
    I am on day 3 of trying out this keto thing. I am a total newbie at it and I am reading and researching and just trying to learn about it. If anyone has any advice or suggestions please let me know. I would love to interact with some of you who are pros at it ;)
    I've done pretty well so far. No pasta, no rice, no bread and lucky me, no cravings as of yet. Hopefully it'll stay that way.
    Just wanted to do a quick check in. (I am at work and probably shouldnt be on here right now, LOL)
    Hope everyone is doing well and kicking butt!!
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    @Qbaimee I have been trying to stay on keto, but I have had a lot of non-starts where I use excuses of different occasions and mess up my progress. I would say the main thing is being sure you are eating most of your calories in healthy fats, because any hiccups in my plans and I am out of ketosis. Also, push through the keto flu if you get symptoms, and be sure you keep your electrolytes up.
This discussion has been closed.