LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I'm gonna have to give up bacon. Not a big deal b/c I'm so over bacon at this point. It's not worth eating anymore.
    Had it last night with some eggs. I ALWAYS have to take an antacid or else I'll wake up with horrible reflux.
    I didn't wake up with reflux, I woke up at 3am feeling horribly nauseated. Thankfully another antacid and some tums eventually helped but still... nope. No more bacon. I didn't even really enjoy it while I ate it.
    Just.... I'm just over bacon. I won't miss it.

Plan for today is to cheat.
    If amusement park trip had been on Thursday, I would've cheated Friday too, but since we had to move it to Wednesday and I have a dentist appointment Thursday.. I'll just cheat today lol.
    Get this out of my system before strictly OMADing for over a month :)
    I'm ready for that though. Or at least getting mentally ready to start!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    You've got this babe! You are very in tune with your body and what you need to do - I like the plan!!!
  • LiLee2018
    UGH I am so damn bloated it's not even funny.
    It's been building up for the last week and it's gotten worse the last 2 days. So much for not having a bad period.
    I'm sure the horrible food choices today isn't helping anything.
    Damn... wish I had bought some of those SF gummy bears now. Clear things out b/c this SUCKS.
    I've already had 2 cups of coffee today and I did go #2 this morning... it's just water bloat. My body is wanting to hold in ALL the liquids I'm taking in. At least that's what it feels like.

Not gonna let it ruin the day tomorrow though. Just maybe not going to eat as much as I want. Thankfully it's supposed to be cool too so shouldn't be sweating like a pig.. although I guess that would help.
    Ok... this... this right here is definitely preparing me to stick with OMADing b/c the last thing I want to do right now is eat anything else lol.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Love love love kimchi, sausage & spam❤️ Tomorrow is a brand new day, you've got this👍
  • LiLee2018
    Well... the rest of this week is going to be spent cheating cheating cheating :P rofl
    DH is off work and we're just relaxing and having some good quality family time.
    Amusement park yesterday was fun. Cold and wet but fun.
    It rained almost the entire time we were there, but most of the rides were still open and not a lot of people so no wait times on anything.
    Once the kids are grown a little we plan on getting season passes. It's only like a little over an hour drive to there, but kids definitely need to grow more b/c they couldn't ride hardly anything yet. They still had fun with what they did get to go on though.
    If you're near Carowinds... I highly recommend it. IMO it's one of the better parks b/c they're super mindful of the weather we have here. LOTS of seating, LOTS of shaded areas, etc and lots of fun roller coasters. The food prices are too high though, but that's pretty much a given in any amusement park. :\

I think tomorrow we might head to the zoo too. That or maybe try blueberry picking again... OR do that on Saturday. Either one :)

I am enjoying the heck out of the junk food I've been eating, but lordy I can feel my body screaming at me to get back to healthier eating too. I plan on it starting Sunday. Sunday is the start of strictly OMAD and back to keto. I'm ready for it!
    It's gonna take probably a solid 2-3weeks to work off this.... but it will come off and then some. Just going to have to be super mindful of my calories in these weeks to come if I want to reach my goal!
  • jadepearl
    Those were the days where we join as yearly members (zoo, amusement parks, etc) to get the best discount and endless entries😁😁🤣 But when our kids became older, they ain't interested in these things anymore. Now, it's all about electronics. 🙄 Don't stress about OMAD, it's a lifestyle. Just enjoy yourself with your family and get back to OMAD after that👍😘. Have a wonderful time with your family ❤️🥰
  • LiLee2018
    One more day of eating whatever and back to it tomorrow. NOT OMADing tomorrow, but getting back to keto and then starting OMAD Monday.
    I haven't stepped on a scale and I'm afraid to lol.
    I will on Monday but.... I am not looking forward to seeing what the damage is. It's not gonna be pretty!

We went to the zoo yesterday. When we got there, they had been experiencing a power outage. The power had just come back on but they were still letting everyone in for free and were letting everyone ride the carousel for free.
    It was a good day until we reached the water feature (play area). Nowhere to sit that was shaded so I baked my brains while the kids had fun splashing around.
    Overall good day though :)

Ready to start back up though.
    Holy crap my body has been feeling HORRIBLE this entire time.
    It reminded me of how I felt before starting keto and it's amazing and sad to think that I just accepted feeling horrible all the time before. How bad I feel eating this way and I did it my entire life basically. Just no.... no more long term bad diet anymore.
    My body does not run on a SAD diet very well.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Hey at least you recognize that! Again, half the battle lol

Sounds like a super fun day minus the heat...i hate heat with a passion unmatched even by the fires of hell lol
  • jadepearl
    Have a wonderful time with your family :)
  • LiLee2018
    Ended the junk food fest with some adult beverages last night after the kids went to bed.
    Feeling like hell this morning, but ready to get back to healthier living!
    Just finished off the last of my coffee /cry and looking forward to actually feeling good again.

Fully expect to get keto flu this time since this was a much longer cheat, but oh well.

UGH I am dreading stepping on the scale tomorrow though. I can SEE how bloated I am in my face and body. I can definitely feel it too.

Will be rethinking what I'll be eating for our beach trip. I'll be cheating then, but maybe just with more simple carbs (bread) and not as much sugary stuff. I don't want to feel like this while we're there.

I don't know if i'll be reaching my 150's goal by August, but I'm going to give it my all. I'll be happy with whatever I do lose though :)
  • jadepearl
    Don't be so hard on yourself ❤️ It was about family time and everyone had a good time👪 Now, you can get back on the OMAD wagon and loose those pounds. You have got this, girl👍😉
  • LiLee2018
    Holy crap yall. My weight is up 20 POUNDS!!! 20lbs in less than a damn week!
    How???? Yes I know most of it is water weight, but still.... HOLY CRAP.
    That is A LOT of damn inflammation and bloating. No wonder I can see it so well in my face and other parts of my body.
    No wonder why I've felt so GD awful this entire time. That is so much weight for my body to be holding on to in such a short amount of time.
    Good lord.
    5 days.... 5 days of *kitten* eating did this much damage. I'm going to have to rethink beach trip food. Still going to cheat, but definitely.. DEFINITELY not as bad or with as many sweet treats.

Good grief....
    I'm not exercising today. I think my body just needs to rest and get rid of all of this right now. I might start it back up Wednesday depending on how I'm feeling.
    Hopefully now that I'm back to keto and OMAD the weight will come back off quickly.
    Yikes though.... YIKES
  • mistymeadows2005
    HOLY COW! Yeah that number would take my breath away too...but indeed, MOST (but not all) of it is water weight...on the bright side, won't it be fun to say you lost 15 pounds this week :D

You got this babe...back on the wagon we go ;)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I would freak out as well but I am sure the majority can be flushed out......Get on the wagon and look to the future not the past!!! ;)
  • LiLee2018
    I about had a damn heart attack when I saw my weight this morning. Good grief...
    I was expecting maybe 10lbs up, not flipping 20 though.

Lol... that would be great if 15 dropped this week :P I'm gonna try my best to make that happen at least lol.
  • LiLee2018
    Made it to 2pm before eating.
    Probably had about 1500 calories which isn't too bad.
    I expect my hunger to be pretty high this week while my body gets adjusted again.

I had some left over steak in a sad sad salad b/c all of our salad stuff was moldy :P lol oops. Salad was steak, ham cubes, pimento cheese, romaine lettuce, broccoli, 2 hard boiled eggs with ranch dressing.
    Ate a bit early but got hungry again so had a much smaller salad when I got home with the 2 hard boiled eggs that were left over :)

I also broke my fast with some pork rinds. I'll probably buy more coffee next week, but taking this week to keep away from it b/c lordy do I want some in the morning! :P
  • jadepearl
    Cheering you on, girl📣👍❤️ Good job on making until 2pm before eating👍
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Way to stay strong!
  • LiLee2018
    176 something on the scale this morning. At least it wasn't in the 180s still.
    Yeesh.... I still can't believe my weight went up that much.
    Just gotta take it as a learning experience and keep going.

My aim is for 3pm every day but if I only make it until 2 then that's fine too. Not going to beat myself up over 1 hour.
    Can feel today is going to be rough though. Woke up with a headache and a little hungry.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Some green tea might help with the headaches AND the hunger...I'd expect to shed a solid 4-5 again today and then it might inch down to 3 then 2 etc...but you've got a LOT of salt and glycogen to get out :) At least the daily losses are encouraging! :)