March 2019 group?

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Took me a week to get round to the 20 minutes, but it's done and it was quite nice with some good tunes. Let's see if the repeat is as kind! I'm slow. Not gonna be worthy of the 3km badge the app gives out!

I finally actually ran the 5k distance. It took me 42 minutes and was a couple months after completing c25k, but it no longer scares me.
  • emmamcgarity
    @artbyrachelh this is a great thread for beginner runners. Very encouraging group.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member

I finally actually ran the 5k distance. It took me 42 minutes and was a couple months after completing c25k, but it no longer scares me.

@emmamcgarity well done for keeping it up and for doing your 5k! Awesome!
  • SarahGilfach
    SarahGilfach Posts: 33 Member
    Well done everyone on your accomplishments in the last couple of weeks since I've been here. I decided to take a bit of a break in the regular schedule to adjust to running outside instead of on the treadmill - and it really was an adjustment. However, I'm back on it now, and finished W9R1 at the local park yesterday afternoon.

@emmamcgarity Well done you! 42 minutes is a great first 5K time!
  • frannie_h20
    frannie_h20 Posts: 26 Member
    @kilobykilo My run last night did not go well! Note to self: 7:30 Is too late to run before dinner. I had no energy and got a horrible stitch that made me need to walk. I will just repeat that run. Hopefully tomorrow but having a week from hell at work so we'll see.
  • kilobykilo
    @kilobykilo My run last night did not go well! Note to self: 7:30 Is too late to run before dinner. I had no energy and got a horrible stitch that made me need to walk. I will just repeat that run. Hopefully tomorrow but having a week from hell at work so we'll see.

Sorry to hear work is tough @frannie_h20 :neutral: if you need an extra day or two off the programme will wait!

I totally understand balancing runs and food difficulties, had a couple of weeks when I couldn't get it right and kept running on empty.... now, I try and go first thing, post banana. Or; mid afternoon on a day off
  • kilobykilo
    @SarahGilfach , whoop well done! The end must be super close in sight now!
  • kilobykilo
    Week 7 run 2 done. Second 20 min run and done in the evening rather than morning and the day after a hiit session which left me barely able to move. Needless to say, it was blooming tough! But, I didn't give in. I feel like that sees me cross a mental milestone..... now to see if I can add another 5 mins next time out....!
  • emmamcgarity
    I found out my city has a Parkrun every Saturday not too far from me. I got my barcode printed and hoping to find the courage to try it tomorrow morning.
  • kilobykilo
    edited June 2019
    @emmamcgarity you totally should! What a great way to start the weekend :)

Week 7 done! I am a morning runner. It was first thing and so much easier. Yes I sweat like crazy, esp when I pushed myself to speed up for the last three minutes. But it was more than doable.

Roll on 28 mins tomorrow or Monday!
  • Coffeeonice
    Coffeeonice Posts: 303 Member
    Wow you are all doing really well. Well done. The plan really works. And some I'd you are so close to the end. It is a great achievement.
    I had been running for 35 minutes and I had nearly made it to 5k. But then the front of my hip started to catch every so often and I would end up limping. I have been resting it for a couple of weeks now but I don't know what us causing my right hip/ groin to catch so I don't know if I will ever be a runner. But at least I finished the couch to 5k.
    @emmamcgarity you should give the parkrun a go. I have been to a few (walking) and they were a super friendly bunch.
  • emmamcgarity
    I did it! I had to walk a bit due to the heat but I ended up with my fastest 5k time in runkeeper of 39:25. Everyone at Parkrun was very nice and we went for coffee afterwards.

tz1mi9sq0s7b.jpeg
  • kilobykilo
    I did it! I had to walk a bit due to the heat but I ended up with my fastest 5k time in runkeeper of 39:25. Everyone at Parkrun was very nice and we went for coffee afterwards.

tz1mi9sq0s7b.jpeg

Whooooop! Go you! Bet that was a great feeling :)
  • kilobykilo
    @pratainua have you had your hip checked out? It could be totally fixable and see you get back to running.

I'd love to be doing 5km buythe end of next week..... let's see!!! I'm not running at that speed yet, but, miracles keep happening on this programme!

Have a great weekend everyone :)

• kilobykilo
    yow7jhprs0wl.jpg

Week 8, day 1 done in the rain. Wasnt looking forward to it in the weather at all but actually was very refreshing and meant the park was dead!!!
  • emmamcgarity
    @kilobykilo woot! Week 8 is where I started to feel like I had become a runner
  • kilobykilo
    @emmamcgarity I realised afterwards that it was the first run where I didn't worry about being able to finish it or not while running. I was working on being slower and keeping my heart rate in check and just ran. My 10k dream doesn't seem so ludicrous anymore, although I'm only about a 1/3 of the way there so lots of work to be done!
  • kilobykilo
    Week 8 run 2 done, i can jog for 30 mins is the good news.... reality check from sundays run though, was hard this morning!

Not doing the big finale until Friday. Then, on Sunday my bridge from 5 to 10km begins and intervals are back, boooooo!!!

Hows everyone else getting on?
  • emmamcgarity
    Hmmm I might be persuaded to join you in a bridge to 10k program. Want to start a new thread for that?
  • kilobykilo
    @emmamcgarity ohhh I'd love to have company, it's gonna take some serious willpower to stay on track!