THEY BOTH WILL JOINING THIS TEAM
    PLEASE MAKE THE FEEL WELCOMED TO THE TEAM
    THANKS
    GREG
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Welcome all newbies!
    Sorry guys I've been MIA for awhile. Was trying to get back in the zone. This week has been much better so I'm hopeful for weigh-in tomorrow.
    Been inspired by all of you pushing yourself to work out and kept up with C25K. It's tough but feels so good afterwards. It helps my mind stay strong and keep away from the biscuits (don't wanna ruin all that hard work)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    Is it already the other end of Thursday? The evening is here. It has been a really rough day. I wish my husband were still in the hospital for this part! He is in a ton of pain, feeling hopeless, and barely squeaking through the day. Hopefully this was the worst one. Full shoulder replacement is not a walk in the park - and day surgery? really? OKOK, my venting is done. We will make it through!

Welcome to our new people! @Hcat35 @Davelocklear @visiri and @tigrib (you all have pretty cool @ names)

For now, you are on the "cheer squad" and do not need to do weekly weigh-ins unless you want to. They won't count in the team stats until the July challenge officially begins. But you are welcome to come to the chat here, tell us about yourselves, and start to get to know your teammates. I'm one of the co-captains along with @BMcC9 , and our motivator-in-chief is @mari_moulin . Even if you only read the last couple of pages, you'll see you have some pretty special teammates. Dive in! There are also challenges for the whole 6 teams (these are under the "announcements" section of the home page) and we have a step team if you enjoy counting steps. Or having a device to count them for you. And tell you how you're doing. We'll tell you how you're doing too! So, bring on the intros.
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP for our BIGGEST weigh-in day of the week -
    FRIDAY people:
    @AmyRobF
    @Connie7355
    @jlbtnc
    @jugar
    @KX7003
    @LORIAB901
    @martinesther88
    @Perla4686

still waiting on today's people:
    @Blackbeautysue
    @cory17

and
    @offitgoes from Wednesday.

Let's get them in and see how much green there is on the spreadsheet! And if it isn't green, let's get you back on track <3
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    AND FINALLY
    The Step Team Report! How far did they go over the last two weeks???

cl2pv7gafql5.png

I am sorry to be so slow with the Reports this month, but it has been a tad crazy. It feels good to sit down and shower some praise on the intrepid steppers. So, musing on craziness and intrepid people, I decided to see how far they would have gone on Zanzibar. Or to be more precise, on the island of Unguja in the Zanzibar Archipelago. I have always loved the idea of Zanzibar, so looking it up and finding out how many steps it would take to see the place has been fun. I hope you steppers enjoy looking back over the last 2 weeks, knowing you might have been on this gorgeous island, with turquoise sea, endless beaches, spice plantations, a stone town, and rain forests. With really cool monkeys.

WEEK 1 of JUNE: the team totalled 697,204 steps = 557.8 km = 334.7 miles. Plenty to hike the full perimeter of the island, which they say takes 5-7 days. Perfect. The top three team steppers were:
    1. @reflectionofme with a total of 127,537 steps = 102 km = 62.2 miles. WOW.
    2. @mari_moulin with a total of 108,497 steps = 86.8 km = 52.1 miles. While still recovering!
    3. @fourathomej with a total of 101,752 steps = 81.4 km = 48.8 miles. Amazing.

WEEK 2 of JUNE: They liked it so much, they decided to stay on Unguja, and hike the interior. What a place! They covered 640,575 steps = 512.5 km = 307.5 miles. They saw a lot of great stuff. The top three? A new person appears in 3rd!! The crowd goes wild...
    1. @reflectionofme with a total of 125,862 steps = 100.7 km = 60.4 miles. She is unbeatable!
    2. @fourathomej with a total of 104,748 steps = 83.8 km = 50.3 miles. Beautiful.
    3. @zlauerMom with a total of 93,497 steps = 74.8 km = 44.9 miles. Fantastic - welcome to the podium!

here is what it was like, right?
    ireidfbvx27a.png
    lieyvavm5euj.png

I have never heard of this place before. It sounds like it would be an amazing place to go. Those beaches are stunning.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Is it already the other end of Thursday? The evening is here. It has been a really rough day. I wish my husband were still in the hospital for this part! He is in a ton of pain, feeling hopeless, and barely squeaking through the day. Hopefully this was the worst one. Full shoulder replacement is not a walk in the park - and day surgery? really? OKOK, my venting is done. We will make it through!

I hope your husband starts feeling better soon! It's surprising what they seem to do these days - a lady I know from another group just had brain surgery on Monday to remove a benign tumour, and she came home today. Brain surgery, for goodness sake! And she's at home!!! I was astonished, but I guess such procedures are much less invasive than they used to be.

Replacing a shoulder, though - there's not really a non-invasive way to do that, huh? :)
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard to all of our newcomers! Glad to have you join us! :smile:

For the Beat Your Best Challenge:

Username @evangsimmons170
    6/16/19
    Exercise minutes = 0
    Steps = 9,498
    Water (in oz) = 25

6/17/19
    Exercise minutes = 60
    Steps = 10,532
    Water (in oz) = 64

6/18/19
    Exercise minutes = 97
    Steps = 12,341
    Water (in oz) = 64

6/19/19
    Exercise minutes = 120
    Steps = 19,997
    Water (in oz) = 80

6/20/19
    Exercise minutes = 64
    Steps = 10,158
    Water (in oz) = 65
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Hi, all New members!

What would people find motivating to discuss or trade ideas on? I can throw out discussion-starters or repost tips/tools from the past that newbee F2Fers haven't seen yet .... what topics and/or tone would help / support / encourage / (provide squib-under-the-butt as needed .... )

NB: a squib is one of those small noise-making firecrackers like the ones you see in movies that include scenes in a Chinatown setting - not the big rockets that launch aerial "two colour bangs"

We have been delving into deep down personal WHY'S lately. Because you will always make time for what's important to you. But your own real WHY might not be what you think it is ... or what social commentary promotes as ought to be .

Scroll back and see what people have said so far. Only post detail to the level you are comforable with Read the link to the Hierarchy of Needs.

This chat room is where you can find (and supply) the needs for social connections and recognition. Be it for hugs in tough times or cheers for successes and personal progress.

Looking forward to meeting you, my new friends.

BMcC9
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome newcomers!
    @Perla4686 and @jlbtnc Nicely done!
    I'm traveling this weekend, which makes me nervous for my Monday weigh in. 😬 I'm seeing the wisdom of picking Friday for weigh in day. Well, hopefully knowing Monday is on the horizon will help me make good choices over the weekend.
    @jugar more quick recovery wishes for your husband. Sounds rough. I find it surprising that it is day surgery, too. You'd think he'd get at least an overnight for pain management and to be sure there are no complications. Although nursing staff poking at him all the time and the noise of a hospital might not be very restful. When does he start physical therapy?
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Username~martinesther88
    Weigh in day~Friday
    PW~153
    CW~151
  • Loriab901
    Loriab901 Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Friday
    PW: 148.8
    CW: 148.4

Go team! We can do this! 😁
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies!!
    @jugar thinking about your husband and you and hoping he has a better day today! My daughter and son both had shoulder surgery and were in the hospital overnight. I can’t imagine having a full replacement and going home the same day!! Best wishes for a quick recovery!!

Username: Connie7355
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 188
    Today’s Weight: 188.6

When I got home from vacation last Saturday I weighed 190.4 so I’m pretty happy to be close to where I was.
    Congrats to everyone on all the losses this week!!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9 (cheer squad, so won't impact over-all Team Green)

CW: 138 even
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    BMcC9 (cheer squad, so won't impact over-all Team Green)

CW: 138 even
    • lasagna for supper last night, so physical weight of that being digested is part of that (but only part ... )
    • started re-watching Death In The Caribbean from S1 E1 day before yesterday (ran out of current / end of ~S8 with ~ 8 Episodes per year)
    • jogging for the duration of one episode (~46-50 minutes each, streamed with no commercials), then "spending the points" on bigger things like buildings racks up 1hr.5 mins, ~9500+ steps and ~190 calories burned according to the Wii game stats. Only making smaller things (trees, streetlights, benches) would take longer / be more steps and calories burned - but with most of an hour already done while watching the show ..... and hating to end with points still unspent ....
  • BMcC9
    Options
    actual show title - Death in Paradise Anyone else know the show? If you watch something / listen to a playlist or other audio option while using a cardio machine (either at home or on tablet at gym) what do you watch / listen to?
  • jugar
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    actual show title - Death in Paradise Anyone else know the show? If you watch something / listen to a playlist or other audio option while using a cardio machine (either at home or on tablet at gym) what do you watch / listen to?

I sometimes use videos when I do indoor cycling - there are some good ones either with spinning classes (for some reason, my faves are all Aussies), but even better, there are a lot of rides through spectacular scenery on YouTube. The music is usually useless, though, so I put on my own. Then there are road videos with intervals - a voice guides you through sprints, recoveries, etc. and I find those to be a great workout. It is like a combination of the spinning classes (really boring visually) and the plain ride through scenery (no workout guide). There are some hilarious prompts, like "focus!" just as you're watching some really good looking rider go by on one of the other bikes...

When I ride outside, I either listen to a book or nothing. When I do strength workouts, I listen to nothing. When I want to do a long cardio session with music and set my own intervals or whatever, I just browse around on a streaming music service and try to find something I would normally never listen to. I'm a musician, so it can drive me completely around the bend to listen to bad performances, or I just get so wrapped up in the music I forget what I'm doing. The best is some good beat, energetic, fun music that does not take much attention to enjoy.

When I REALLY don't want to stop listening to a book I'm into, and I REALLY need to exercise, I don't work as hard. The same with watching any programs or shows - I just do the time, but not as effectively as when I use music or exercise videos. I love Grokker for days when I just want to do a "class" without going anywhere. They have everything from killer HIIT workouts to chill yoga classes. And meditation and cooking too - it's a fun site.
This discussion has been closed.