WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    We're proud of you either way, mari_moulin. But I totally understand. You do what works best for you. I've been enjoying my workouts so much lately (and how they make me feel), that I've been doing like you're about to do....where if you want to eat more, you have to work out more. I've had a few days like that this week. My focus each day has been more than just calorie intake but how big of a calorie deficit I can create each day. So far so good.

Keep up the good work. You've got a whole team of MFP cheerleaders behind you! You got this! :smiley:

Thanks you so much for your kind words and encouragement. It’s certainly rocked me to my core to see my weight go up so much this week. You have done so well and have been such an inspiration to me. Thank you for all the tips as well ❤️🌹
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Reporting in for Saturday! Cut me some slack, I literally got out of bed 10 minutes ago. XD

PW: 245.2
    CW: 243.6

I'm having stomach problems again. :(
    But at least it's a drop, small as it is.

Great loss! I hope your tummy feels better soon ❤️
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    So I went to a restaurant today for lunch expecting to see the calories listed for each entree on the menu. They weren't there. When the waitress came over to take my order, I explained to her that my delay was that I was concerned about my calorie intake and was disappointed that the calories weren't listed on the menu. She asked me if I wanted to see their "nutrition binder" that lists ALL of their foods with ALL of each food's nutritional value (not just the calories).

I hit the jackpot with this binder! I'm so glad I accepted the young lady's offer to see it. That bacon cheeseburger that I thought I had a taste for and figured I could exercise it off between now and my next weigh-in day (6/29/19) was so-so on the calories. Obviously my primary care doctor would not have liked the fat content. But my cardiologist would have had a coronary when he saw the sodium content: OVER 4,000 mg of salt!!!! Just for the bacon cheeseburger, not including the fries or the condiments. Seeing that number blew me away! It took the desire completely away for the burger. I ended up getting an entree off the "lighter side" menu, which only had 3 choices, all under 600 calories. The sodium content from the grilled chicken, steamed veggies, and brown rice was FAR more reasonable.

Then I thought I'd splurge on the tres leches cake for dessert, right? Well that was a no go too because the waitress came back and said they were all out of it. (Didn't need those unnecessary calories anyway.) Instead, I ended up with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce lightly drizzled on top. That was just enough to hit the spot. Dessert was less than 200 calories!

So I would say today's lunch ended up being a total victory! Now yesterday's lunch, as awesomely good as it was, was so salty-tasting to me that I think my blood pressure shot up during the meal because I got a headache within 15 minutes of eating it. I drank LOTS of water, which alleviated that within the hour. (I had shrimp and grits at a seafood restaurant called Pappadeaux's, one of my favorite restaurants but thankfully not located conveniently near me.)

I think from now on, I'm going to start asking to see the nutrition binders at restaurants. They also contain the allergen info too....like what's made of nuts, wheat, soy, etc. I have to make well-informed decisions about my health, and that includes what I eat.

Now that is the most inspiring post I’ve read today. That is what I call dedication!
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    9thlvbmfcsqk.jpg

Weigh in 280.4

I haven't been on since last Sunday and I just saw that y'all are putting me on the drop list. Good luck to the rest of you in your weight loss journeys.
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin your family looks lovely. Amazinggggg hairrrrrrrr
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

I haven't been on since last Sunday and I just saw that y'all are putting me on the drop list. Good luck to the rest of you in your weight loss journeys.
    @bfitb440n2022 ---- You are NOT on the drop list! You had one missed weigh-in, that's all, and this one was a tad late. I mark those with yellow to remind me to go back and do a search in the chat to make sure I did not miss it. As soon as you weigh in the "NWI" indication gets taken off. Please do not leave over this misunderstanding - no one has put you on that list, and would not unless you missed 2 weigh-ins and also never posted any more. I hope you'll continue.
  • jugar
    Options
    GAME ON CHALLENGERS!
    Want to continue our little head-to-head, toe-to-toe competition against the Workout Warriors? One more week to see if we can outdo those monsters. Let me know if you want to keep going. The spreadsheet is ready. Feel free to tweak your goals.

@mari_moulin
    @zlauerMom
    @evangsimmons170
    @Andreabroadley
    and me.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    GAME ON CHALLENGERS!
    Want to continue our little head-to-head, toe-to-toe competition against the Workout Warriors? One more week to see if we can outdo those monsters. Let me know if you want to keep going. The spreadsheet is ready. Feel free to tweak your goals.

@mari_moulin
    @zlauerMom
    @evangsimmons170
    @Andreabroadley
    and me.

I’m in!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    GAME ON CHALLENGERS!

@mari_moulin
    @zlauerMom
    @evangsimmons170
    @Andreabroadley
    and me.

@jugar Count me in too! I was wondering how the workout warriors won last week when we had a higher total than they did. What constitutes a win? Either way, I'm in it to win it!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    GAME ON CHALLENGERS!

@mari_moulin
    @zlauerMom
    @evangsimmons170
    @Andreabroadley
    and me.

Ok you can count me in. Going for physio tomorrow so I will have to see what I can do on exercise. But I think I can make the other goals..
  • jugar
    Options
    GAME ON CHALLENGERS!

@mari_moulin
    @zlauerMom
    @evangsimmons170
    @Andreabroadley
    and me.

@jugar Count me in too! I was wondering how the workout warriors won last week when we had a higher total than they did. What constitutes a win? Either way, I'm in it to win it!

They have fewer players than we do, so if you score it on "per player" they won. Total we won, but unfairly since we have 5 to their 3.
  • jugar
    Options
    OMG. Tomorrow is Monday. It just hit me.
    So I'm hitting you -- here is the HEADS UP LIST for weigh-ins:

@Juliemargaretkim
    @reflectionofme
    @zlauerMom
    @tdrjustus3

If you need to delay your weigh in or anything (summer vacation happens...) just be sure to let me know so you don't end up marked late or missing - thanks!!
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sunday 19479
    Monday 21335
    Tuesday 19789
    Wednesday 21763
    Thursday 19615
    Friday 198414
    Saturday 19530
    Fantastic as always - but I don't think even you could have done 198,414 in one day! Let me know which digit was a slip of the digit!

Oops please drop the last 4, not sure where that came from.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sunday 19479
    Monday 21335
    Tuesday 19789
    Wednesday 21763
    Thursday 19615
    Friday 19841
    Saturday 19530

@reflectionofme I might have said this before, but your high steppin' encourages me! I'm determined to get to 20,000 steps a day most days of the week by the first day of school (8/26 or 8/27, can't remember which). If you can do it, I can do it! Thanks for the inspiration! :smiley:

Thank you. Yes you can do it too! Just remember to keep moving! It is such a habit now that I can't sit for very long without going stir crazy.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sunday 19479
    Monday 21335
    Tuesday 19789
    Wednesday 21763
    Thursday 19615
    Friday 19841
    Saturday 19530

@reflectionofme I might have said this before, but your high steppin' encourages me! I'm determined to get to 20,000 steps a day most days of the week by the first day of school (8/26 or 8/27, can't remember which). If you can do it, I can do it! Thanks for the inspiration! :smiley:

Thank you. Yes you can do it too! Just remember to keep moving! It is such a habit now that I can't sit for very long without going stir crazy.

Any tips on how to add more steps to my day besides intentional exercise? Obviously you're doing something I'm not, so please let me in on your secret. :smiley:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Saturday steps are no where near accurate. I had my fitbit off for more than half the day. We were panning for gems in a creek. Lots of fun and found some good ones.

Steps - 4961
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    @jugar Am I correct in thinking that I don't need to post on the registration page again for July, we'll all just be "carried over" if we participated this month? (I don't want to accidentally miss registering if I'm supposed to do that. :) )
This discussion has been closed.