TEAM: The Slimsons (June)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    **June Week 3**
    πŸŽ†πŸ‘πŸŽ† 29 members 24 of us weighed in and 13 had a loss or stayed the same! So Awesome!πŸŽ†πŸ‘πŸŽ†
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@CindyJNC1963.
    @gjaholy33.
    @Fitness327wk.
    @o0kody0o.
    @OkieGina.
    @SLIMn2016.
    @vicky2767.
    v46vld4n6nrl.gif

Kudos to the following for posting 2+ times this week to encourage your teammates:

@o0kody0o.
    @OkieGina.
    @SLIMn2016.
    @vicky2767.
    @Digger61.
    @genajonas.
    @lsjhudson.
    @aadubb.

Week 1 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @dracocapricorn. - 2.41%
    2nd - @eromligyppah. - 1.72%
    3rd - @2muchchocncrisps. - 1.03%

And again to @dracocapricorn for placing 1st overall!!
    uohume43ad88.gif
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Track: Nope
    Calories: Probably not
    Exercise: 35 mins weight training, 60 mins treadmill, finished my squats at 84kg, some other things from earlier in the week I didn't finish including pull ups and half handstands.

Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Not sure, I'm looking at adjusting my macros, but I haven't managed to do that today.
    Exercise: Yes 60 mins treadmill, 3 hours "spring" cleaning. Almost done with that, yay.

Comments: Recovering from Friday's squat attempt where I dropped the bar on my shoulder blade and trying to take it a little easy and get in some active rest, tomorrow will be back at the weights and I have some yard work I need to do including the grass which I intentionally neglected this week. Got my hair cut today in anticipation of my progress pics this week, which I am thinking I'll do on Friday and maybe take some measurements. Up a little on the scale this week but Aunt Flo and some soreness and inflamation are likely to blame, and I'm not at all upset about it, sometimes you can't control things and in my defense, I did mess up and hurt my shoulder with my failed squat on Friday. So, all things considered, not too bad will just adjust this week and pay closer attention to what I'm doing...
    On and side note, I do have a squat rack at home but I decided to squat at the gym, I like when people stare at me lol and I had the same amount of weight on the bar as the guy next to me and he watched me squat and decided to pack up and leave after that, guess I accidentally intimidated him, whoops.

AB0215
    May Week 3
    Saturday
    PW: 141.0 lbs
    CW: 143.0 lbs
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: June 23rd

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: No, traveling all day today ......finally back home.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ⭐️Weekly weigh-in: Monday

πŸ‘©Username: o0kody0o
    πŸ—“Week: June, Week 4
    πŸ‘£PW: 147.9
    πŸ‘£CW: 146.8
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: Β»
    9tn2ib0kljvh.png
    **June Week 3**
    πŸŽ†πŸ‘πŸŽ† 29 members 24 of us weighed in and 13 had a loss or stayed the same! So Awesome!πŸŽ†πŸ‘πŸŽ†
    r76mnedgsrqo.gif

This Week's Winners (posted 6-7 times):

@CindyJNC1963.
    @gjaholy33.
    @Fitness327wk.
    @o0kody0o.
    @OkieGina.
    @SLIMn2016.
    @vicky2767.
    v46vld4n6nrl.gif

Kudos to the following for posting 2+ times this week to encourage your teammates:

@o0kody0o.
    @OkieGina.
    @SLIMn2016.
    @vicky2767.
    @Digger61.
    @genajonas.
    @lsjhudson.
    @aadubb.

Week 1 Results have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @dracocapricorn. - 2.41%
    2nd - @eromligyppah. - 1.72%
    3rd - @2muchchocncrisps. - 1.03%

And again to @dracocapricorn for placing 1st overall!!
    uohume43ad88.gif

Thanks, it's encouraging. But what's discouraging is I lose weight when I am doing a mess in terms of diet and exercise...

Anyway, I will come back to my track this week and look forward to a gain of muscle and loss of fat which means a gain of weight ^0^.
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday 6/20

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Steps: 10,839
    Exercise: Paddling on the river. Jillian Michaels Gauntlet X workout.

Camping over night and hiking the next day.

Daily Post: Friday 6/21

Calories: Over
    Steps: 13,761
    Exercise: Hiking 6 miles. I came across my first rattlesnake while hiking in Missouri. We gave up trying to get to the waterfalls and promptly turned around leaving the Western Pygmy Rattlesnake to return to its napping. :)

Daily Post: Saturday 6/22

Steps: 9,550
    Exercise: Treadmill run 2.7 miles 300 calories

Daily Post: Sunday 6/23

Steps: 3,989
    Exercise: Cardio workout---JM Gauntlet X
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in: Monday

Username: cydneebauman
    Week: June, Week 4
    PW: 181
    CW: 178
  • AB0215
    Options
    @AB0215 I think I need to change my weigh in day. My brain on the weekends are not functioning lol. Can I switch to Monday’s?

Weighed myself at 216.9

@gemwolf110 That's fine.
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    On and side note, I do have a squat rack at home but I decided to squat at the gym, I like when people stare at me lol and I had the same amount of weight on the bar as the guy next to me and he watched me squat and decided to pack up and leave after that, guess I accidentally intimidated him, whoops.

Ok, (A) that is pure AWESOMENESS! and (B) we really need a laughing button!
  • AB0215
    edited June 2019
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: Β»

Ok, (A) that is pure AWESOMENESS! and (B) we really need a laughing button!

@OkieGina Sadly, it's not the first time. It's sometimes why I go to the gym, even when I don't need to, you know when my ego needs a little boost, and it really did after Friday's squat attempt lol.
  • OkieGina
    Options
    Daily check in for Sunday

Track: only for about half the day
    Calories: I'm sure I was over
    Exercise: nope
    Water: not nearly enough

I almost didn't do my daily check in, because, well, you can see why...I started out great yesterday, really encouraged by my success on Saturday (tracking, etc.). But then my parents got a new puppy, so I went to meet her. And had a couple of beers. And my hubby wanted a carb-y dinner (which sounding amazing) and some Halo Top. And somehow I missed drinking most of my water. I am proud of myself, though. I didn't go hog-wild. The carbs and Halo Top didn't lead to a sweets-binge. I turned down a chocolate chip cookie because i knew there was going to be Halo Top later. Because I'd already had beer (and not nearly enough water), I skipped my usual glass (or 2) of wine in the evening.

Until I started typing that, I didn't actual realize that I was proud of myself. That's the way I want to live - not so regimented in my nutrition plan that I can't splurge a little! I did good last week (nutrition-wise) and even Saturday and part of Sunday. But something came up, I splurged a little, but I didn't beat myself up over it, I didn't let a little splurge turn in to a binge, I made good choices around the splurge, and I'm right back to doing what I'm supposed to do today!
  • aadubb
    aadubb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in: Monday
    Username:Β @aadubb
    Week:Β June Week 4
    SW:Β 172.6
    PW:Β 155.4
    CW: 158.3

Comments:
    I gave up last week with eating well. I was so discouraged and a bit sad that I wouldn't meet my deadline, that I was quite free with my calories once I broke my fast!

This week I'm remembering that my deadline is in 14 days and I can still make positive changes between now and then. Whether I get to their number or not, MY PERSONAL GOAL is still a possibility. I can still make it to 150.

Cheers to getting back on track.

• OkieGina
    Options
    aadubb wrote: Β»
    I gave up last week with eating well. I was so discouraged and a bit sad that I wouldn't meet my deadline, that I was quite free with my calories once I broke my fast!

This week I'm remembering that my deadline is in 14 days and I can still make positive changes between now and then. Whether I get to their number or not, MY PERSONAL GOAL is still a possibility. I can still make it to 150.

I feel ya! I think this is why I quit setting goals with deadlines for a while. A few weeks ago, I was literally crying to my husband because I've set so many goals that I've never met. And honestly, the goals seemed (and still seem) realistic and attainable to me. I told him that I'm going to keep working and doing what i should, but I'm done with goals with a deadline. He's been encouraging me to keep setting goals, saying something to the effect of "most people don't meet their goals, but the successful ones keep setting them over and over again until the do meet them" (he said it much better than that). That being said, I'm proud of myself for what i have achieved and I'm ready to set goals again. And you should be proud too! You've lost almost 15 pounds!! And you're not giving up! You got this!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

June: Week #2

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 197.2
    CW: 197.2

Got back from my trip late last night. I had a GREAT time with my neighbors. The hospital tour wasn't as much walking as I had hoped. It was more standing around on hard concrete floors while the tour guide told ghost stories. The rest of the trip was great. We stopped at the New River Gorge Bridge and walked down about 12 flights of steps so we could see the bridge from below. We also toured a glass museum and stopped at an old country town for lunch one day. Loved that cool WV weather.

For the most part I did "ok" with my meals calorie wise....except for Saturday. On Saturday night I had Apple Crisp with ice cream ....after having a fairly healthy dinner. I did log everything i ate this weekend so I owned it. But I don't regret it. I haven't been on a vacation in months so I wanted to really enjoy one dinner. Overall I ate too many carbs this weekend, which might be why I gained 1.8 lbs in 3 days. I hope I can get rid of that quickly and get back in the loss column next week.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Track: Nope
    Calories: Probably not
    Exercise: 35 mins weight training, 60 mins treadmill, finished my squats at 84kg, some other things from earlier in the week I didn't finish including pull ups and half handstands.

Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Not sure, I'm looking at adjusting my macros, but I haven't managed to do that today.
    Exercise: Yes 60 mins treadmill, 3 hours "spring" cleaning. Almost done with that, yay.

Comments: Recovering from Friday's squat attempt where I dropped the bar on my shoulder blade and trying to take it a little easy and get in some active rest, tomorrow will be back at the weights and I have some yard work I need to do including the grass which I intentionally neglected this week. Got my hair cut today in anticipation of my progress pics this week, which I am thinking I'll do on Friday and maybe take some measurements. Up a little on the scale this week but Aunt Flo and some soreness and inflamation are likely to blame, and I'm not at all upset about it, sometimes you can't control things and in my defense, I did mess up and hurt my shoulder with my failed squat on Friday. So, all things considered, not too bad will just adjust this week and pay closer attention to what I'm doing...

AB0215
    May Week 3
    Saturday
    PW: 141.0 lbs
    CW: 143.0 lbs

Have a great day
  • digger61
    Options
    CindyJNC1963

June: Week #2

Original starting weight: 273

PW: 197.2
    CW: 197.2

Got back from my trip late last night. I had a GREAT time with my neighbors. The hospital tour wasn't as much walking as I had hoped. It was more standing around on hard concrete floors while the tour guide told ghost stories. The rest of the trip was great. We stopped at the New River Gorge Bridge and walked down about 12 flights of steps so we could see the bridge from below. We also toured a glass museum and stopped at an old country town for lunch one day. Loved that cool WV weather.

For the most part I did "ok" with my meals calorie wise....except for Saturday. On Saturday night I had Apple Crisp with ice cream ....after having a fairly healthy dinner. I did log everything i ate this weekend so I owned it. But I don't regret it. I haven't been on a vacation in months so I wanted to really enjoy one dinner. Overall I ate too many carbs this weekend, which might be why I gained 1.8 lbs in 3 days. I hope I can get rid of that quickly and get back in the loss column next week.

I am sure you will get the weight off. Nice holiday
  • digger61
    Options

Daily Post (Sunday)
    Calories: under
    Exercise day off
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Username: walk4today
    PW: 247.8
    CW: 245.8
    I'm determined to lose those "extra" 8-9 pounds that showed upon my new digital scale after switching from a dial scale. Much to my happy surprise this morning I was down 2 lbs from Saturday. I still have this awful itchy rash on my face which is driving me bonkers. On the plus side, I'm just not that hungry because it's so distracting. Looking on the bright side!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: Β»
    Daily check in for Sunday

Track: only for about half the day
    Calories: I'm sure I was over
    Exercise: nope
    Water: not nearly enough

I almost didn't do my daily check in, because, well, you can see why...I started out great yesterday, really encouraged by my success on Saturday (tracking, etc.). But then my parents got a new puppy, so I went to meet her. And had a couple of beers. And my hubby wanted a carb-y dinner (which sounding amazing) and some Halo Top. And somehow I missed drinking most of my water. I am proud of myself, though. I didn't go hog-wild. The carbs and Halo Top didn't lead to a sweets-binge. I turned down a chocolate chip cookie because i knew there was going to be Halo Top later. Because I'd already had beer (and not nearly enough water), I skipped my usual glass (or 2) of wine in the evening.

Until I started typing that, I didn't actual realize that I was proud of myself. That's the way I want to live - not so regimented in my nutrition plan that I can't splurge a little! I did good last week (nutrition-wise) and even Saturday and part of Sunday. But something came up, I splurged a little, but I didn't beat myself up over it, I didn't let a little splurge turn in to a binge, I made good choices around the splurge, and I'm right back to doing what I'm supposed to do today!

Great reminder!!! I can be too hard on myself at times and it’s okay to have a splurge and get back on track! πŸ’ƒπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘
  • OkieGina
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in for Monday:
    Username: OkieGina
    Week: June Week 4
    PW: 208.4
    CW: 205.6

Wahoo! Yesterday's extra-carby- dinner didn't do me as much harm as I'd feared! (I was only up .2 lbs from Sunday morning!).
This discussion has been closed.