Replies

• batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Batgirl140
    Weigh in June week 3

PW: 193.8
    CW: 199.6

Just bad. I’m not tracking, not posting here, my kids are home for the summer(didn’t think that would be such a factor in my eating but my routine has really changed of course), I let myself be on “vacation” last weekend because we really aren’t having a vaca this year and I didn’t stop through the week, I’ve been eating a lot more carbs even though I’m not actually eating a lot, I’ve been busy getting ready for my sons bday party this weekend, my TOM is here and I’m still on antibiotics till next week. So there’s all my “excuses” for my poor eating choices. 😕 I’m not sure what is water weight and what is true weight gain but I need to get through the party then I’m promising myself to get back in line!!
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the week:
    Name one thing you did well this week and one thing that you can improve on for next week.

One thing I did well: I rested when I needed to (i.e., skipped some workouts this week because I wasn't feeling good) - WITHOUT feeling guilty or binge-ing. I managed to stay in my calorie allotment those days (not sure why that surprised me since I rarely eat many of my exercise calories) and get some extra steps in those days.

One thing I can improve on: my weekend nutrition! I have a hard time tracking on the weekends - my schedule isn't set like it is during the week, I don't have my meals already portioned out, etc., so, although I make better choices than I would have a few months ago, I'm still generally just guessing on whether I'm over or under on my calories, etc. Hopefully I can tighten that down a little this weekend (even if I don't get 100% of what goes in my mouth on my log...)
  • OkieGina
    Options
    Daily check in for Thursday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes - well, technically I was 16 over my "target" but (1) I personally think that's close enough to be within the margin of error :D and (2) those 16 calories didn't make a dent in the 380+ exercise calories I gained
    Water: yes - 140 oz (wahoo - finally got that number up there - heat and humidity definitely encourages me to drink more!)
    Exercise: Yes: 30 minute trainer/HIIT/deck of cards session.

I didn't feel great yesterday due to a random assortment of little, physical issues (none of which I can really do anything about). Luckily, I had already committed to attending training/small group session. Not only did I get some outdoor exercising in, but, even though it didn't make me feel better at the time, I think it has a lot to do with me feeling better today. And it's FRIDAY!! Wahoo! Happy weekend eve, y'all!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Username: SLIMn2016
    Weigh in Day/Week: Friday, June - Week 3
    PW = 155.8
    CW= 158.6

🤷🏻‍♀️ downsieeee and upsieeees.... but I was 167 on Sunday---so I'll take this... crazy fluctuations, I don't think it's my scale though....

Daily Post: Friday, June 21st
    Username: SLIMn2016

✅ Track: Yes
    ✅ Calories: Yes, Cheat meal/maintenance calories
    ✅ Exercise: Yes, Elliptical, Body Pump Xpress & CXWorks Core
    ✅ Water: 193.8 oz. +

🗣Comments/Goals: Took the day off to pick up my son from Harvard. He attended the summer Medical School program for high school students—he loved it. Then we're going to the Body Worlds Exhibit —> https://www.mos.org/exhibits/body-worlds … and will meet up with my hubby for dinner afterwards (cheat meal).

HAVE A FUN WEEKEND!

I think I was better at controlling my hunger during the week--- but need to improve on controlling my weekend choices going forward.....

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    CW= 158.6

🤷🏻‍♀️ downsieeee and upsieeees.... but I was 167 on Sunday---so I'll take this... crazy fluctuations, I don't think it's my scale though....

@SLIMn2016 I saw some CRAZY fluctuations when I ate carbs, and especially when I counted net carbs, and certain foods did that to me as well, something to think about, you might actually be eating something that your is causing inflammation in your body which will cause water weight gain. If you weigh daily look at what you ate when you saw the scale jump up. And watch it if you eat those things again and see what happens.
  • OkieGina
    Options
    There are cookies, from a local bakery, at my desk. My desk if pretty much centralized for our department, and it has a bar/ledge that "goodies" get left on periodically (especially at Christmas). So someone got a box of cookies from the really good local bakery and decided to share. I'm threatening to send the cookies into a meeting this afternoon, but I'm not sure if I can hold out that long. I might have to make some adjustments to dinner. I guess, ultimately, I just have to decide if it's worth it!
  • OkieGina
    Options
    And now someone has offered me pie. Seriously, people?!?!?!?

On the plus side, any time I'm tempted, I just ask myself if I'd rather have a cookie (or pie) now, or would I rather have a treat with my family this weekend. That's a no-brainer... :smiley:
  • OkieGina
    Options
    But seriously, WTH people (that I work with)?!?!? The pie was something someone brought back from lunch for me. But...

I was just dropping off paperwork in another department, and 3 or 4 people offered me birthday cake. And not normal, store bought birthday cake (not that there's anything wrong with that), but something homemade. I think there were oreos involved (and ice cream, apparently). I'm not really sure, because I got the heck out of there! Of course, at this point, my refusal is as much out of stubborness as anything else (I turned down the cookies (that are still at my desk) and pie (that someone brought to me) - so I better just turn down the birthday goodies as well).

So, does turning down food count as exercise?? :p

Oh, and can you imagine if I'd had that first cookie earlier? It seriously would have just been a slippery slope to a sugar coma this afternoon...
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ⭐️Daily Post: Friday 21 June

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 1 hour walk
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Thursday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Water: yes - 120
    Exercise: 120 mins swimming
    I put the wrong date on last check in
    Today goals try to be good and not eat to much I have a wedding and a lunch to follow it

Question of the week I stayed under my caloires this week but i need to get back into keto
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    mltobia316 wrote: »
    Username: mltobia316
    Weekly weigh in: Friday, week 3

PW: 246.8
    CW: 245.4
    Nice loss
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Batgirl140
    Weigh in June week 3

PW: 193.8
    CW: 199.6

Just bad. I’m not tracking, not posting here, my kids are home for the summer(didn’t think that would be such a factor in my eating but my routine has really changed of course), I let myself be on “vacation” last weekend because we really aren’t having a vaca this year and I didn’t stop through the week, I’ve been eating a lot more carbs even though I’m not actually eating a lot, I’ve been busy getting ready for my sons bday party this weekend, my TOM is here and I’m still on antibiotics till next week. So there’s all my “excuses” for my poor eating choices. 😕 I’m not sure what is water weight and what is true weight gain but I need to get through the party then I’m promising myself to get back in line!!

Hugs. You’ll get back in line, I have faith in you. You got this.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in
    June 21
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: June 21st

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 11,000 steps
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Not really
    Exercise: Yes, 30 mins walking, 75 mins weight training--Snatches 37kg, Clean and Jerk 43kg, Back Squats 84 kg and I'm going to have to finish those tomorrow, they took me to failure and I didn't finish...
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Not really
    Exercise: Yes, 30 mins walking, 75 mins weight training--Snatches 37kg, Clean and Jerk 43kg, Back Squats 84 kg and I'm going to have to finish those tomorrow, they took me to failure and I didn't finish...

Wow! Oh my STRONG WOMAN!💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Friday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 197oz
    Goals/comments
    So I have been trying to drink more and more water hoping these migraines will KICK ROCKS but no such luck. The good news is that my doctor said they think my migraine could be because of the low potassium so I just started the Potassium Chloride regimen yesterday so hopefully my migraines will soon dissipate
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Monday
    Week 3
    PW: 270.6
    CW:273.8

Traveling is killing me on the scale. Another 2 weeks- ugh!
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Username: walk4today
    Weight in week: June week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 247.8
    CW: 248.4
    A slight gain, but I'm still getting used to the digital scale. I've had a rough week with allergy problems so am just trying to get well and build up more activity. Thanks for the words of encouragement,
  • vicky2767
    Options
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    Tdrjustus3
    Monday
    Week 3
    PW: 270.6
    CW:273.8

Traveling is killing me on the scale. Another 2 weeks- ugh!
    Hang in there. Traveling can be tough on your eating and exercise routine.
    walk4today wrote: »
    Username: walk4today
    Weight in week: June week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 247.8
    CW: 248.4
    A slight gain, but I'm still getting used to the digital scale. I've had a rough week with allergy problems so am just trying to get well and build up more activity. Thanks for the words of encouragement,

Just a small gain. Hang in there and Feel better.
  • vicky2767
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Friday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 197oz
    Goals/comments
    So I have been trying to drink more and more water hoping these migraines will KICK ROCKS but no such luck. The good news is that my doctor said they think my migraine could be because of the low potassium so I just started the Potassium Chloride regimen yesterday so hopefully my migraines will soon dissipate

Hope your migraine goes away soon. They are NOT fun. I’ve suffered from migraines since my early 20s. Hang in there. Hugs.
This discussion has been closed.