Replies

• vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    πŸ’₯ Daily Post: Wednesday, 19th JuneπŸ’₯

βœ…Track: yes
    βœ…Calories: under
    Exercise: not today

Comments: Good day today, but am feeling nervous about the weekend. It kind of left my radar that I'm away this week for 4 days for a mini holiday with the family to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. 4 days of buffet style where I can't control how everything is cooked 😬argh. This sort of thing has the potential to knock me a bit sideways, so any advice would be appreciated!

Ps @AB0215 I'll need to weigh in next week on Tuesday instead of Monday because of the hols πŸ‘

Have a great trip
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday, June 19th
    Username: SLIMn2016

βœ… Track: Yes
    βœ… Calories: Yes, under
    βœ… Exercise: Yes, Stair Climber, Elliptical HIIT, Body Combat & Walking
    βœ… Water: 252.8 oz.
    Great day
    2uprq9h60xhd.pngpi2dsk3ug9jd.png

Love these
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in
    Wed June 19
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: Β»

Ash, I was going to ask how many pounds you are lifting in these picts? You have done so incredible!! If not for my back issues, I would have loved to try Olympic lifting myself...I do want my son to do it. The gym he goes to coaches Olympic style lifting! He's been doing crossfit there since he was 12 (he's 16 now). πŸ‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

@SLIMn2016 It varies depending on the day and the lift, currently I'm training in the range of 70-110 lbs and soon, when I catch my breath I'm going to teach myself how to add the weights as a text overlay on my videos, probably isn't going to happen until the weekend.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: June 19th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: No, over by 70
    Exercise: 11,950 steps
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 75 mins walking, 60 mins weight lifting--Power Snatch Doubles 78 lbs(5 sets), Power Clean + Push Jerk Doubles 73 lbs (4 sets) , Jerk Recoveries 93 lbs (4 sets) and Clamshell situps body weight (3 sets of 22)
  • BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Wednesday

Track: No
    Calories: Under (didn't eat much)
    Exercise: No
    Water: 60 oz (maybe)

Comments: This cold is still kicking my butt. Rotating Mucenix and Robitussin trying to get a little relief. On a positive note I am losing weight because I can't stop coughing long enough to eat a full meal.
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    @SLIMn2016 FYI ---Nancy I did end up ordering the back stretcher and I love it! I think you should start to get a commission from this company. :D
  • Gadgetgirl259
    Gadgetgirl259 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday 6/18

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Steps: 9,239
    Exercise: Day 1 of Jillian Michaels Gauntlet Program is a year long, 3 tier fitness challenge. This will include Running, Calisthenics, Yoga, Kickboxing, lifting, HIIT training, Jump training. Yes I am up for the challenge!!!

Daily Post: Wednesday 6/19

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Steps: 9,181
    Exercise: Day 2 of JM Program and Bowflex Max Trainer.
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In Thursday

Username: eromligyppah
    Week #3
    PW; 197.8
    CW: 194.4

Finally some of that water weight has fallen off. Daily cardio and weights 4-5 times a week. Saturdays have been my rest day with a longer run on Sunday. Averaging 13,200 steps a day in the last week, with my 9 mile run this past Sunday. I'm so ready to see a number in the 180's on the scale. At least my stress levels have been down these past few weeks I'm sure that helps me out tremendously. Have a good week team!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Username: Gadgetgirl259

June Week 3

PW: 171.0
    CW: 171.7

Bouncing back and forth this month. I was hoping this would not start for another month or so. :s

Be encouraged I think we all go through the bounce. Just stick to your regimen and the results will comeπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
    Weekly weigh in
    Monday weigh in
    Cydneebauman
    Pw 181.2
    Cw 181

😫😫😫first time since I started 66 days ago that I didn't lose at least 2lbs in a week.

But you still have a loss. You're doing awesome so keep it up πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ˜
    OkieGina wrote: Β»
    Daily check in for Monday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes - under (I was under even before the exercise!)
    Water: yes - just over 150 oz
    Exercise: yes - 30 minute training session.

I am not sure what is wrong with my mind recently!! I seem to alternate between a "yea, I got this" mindset (where, for the first time possibly ever, I really think that I will get the body I want - not if I get the body I want) and getting so frustrated with myself that i end up crying. When I started working out at the beginning of the year, I had so many goals that should have been achieved by now. I actually thought I had set some pretty good, realistic goals. And I've done great on the "action" goals - get my diet/nutrition on track, work out an average of 2-4 times a week, etc. But physically, I'm just not seeing the results. I think there are a lot of things contributing to that (most of which I can't do anything about, but a few I'm working on). And I know that the only option is to keep my head down and keep doing what I'm supposed to be doing (I mean, I've made it through the "hardest" part - new routines and new "norms" have been established - I am NOT stopping now), but man, I really wish my head would get on board with focusing on that (and the fact that my endurance and strength have both noticeably increased) and not on (for example) the stupid fat deposit right above my elbow that keeps me uncomfortable wearing anything with sleeves above my elbows.

Ok, sorry, rant/venting session over...for now! :p

I think we all go through this emotional roller coaster when we are in our personal journey. So comfort yourself when this happens with all the progress you made when self-doubt enters your head and you'll see that self-doubt disappear in a flash. Be encouraged πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ˜πŸ˜
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    @SLIMn2016 FYI ---Nancy I did end up ordering the back stretcher and I love it! I think you should start to get a commission from this company. :D

πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ˜HA!--- well that's great--glad it helps you too!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily Post - Wednesday

Track: No
    Calories: Under (didn't eat much)
    Exercise: No
    Water: 60 oz (maybe)

Comments: This cold is still kicking my butt. Rotating Mucenix and Robitussin trying to get a little relief. On a positive note I am losing weight because I can't stop coughing long enough to eat a full meal.

πŸ€—GET WELL SOON!!πŸ’
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In Thursday

Username: eromligyppah
    Week #3
    PW; 197.8
    CW: 194.4

Finally some of that water weight has fallen off. Daily cardio and weights 4-5 times a week. Saturdays have been my rest day with a longer run on Sunday. Averaging 13,200 steps a day in the last week, with my 9 mile run this past Sunday. I'm so ready to see a number in the 180's on the scale. At least my stress levels have been down these past few weeks I'm sure that helps me out tremendously. Have a good week team!

AWESOME WORK--wtg!!!πŸ™ŒπŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’₯
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Username Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week June Week 3
    PW: 458.9
    CW: 456.8

Daily Post Wednesday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes walking 10min
    Water 140oz
    Goals/comments

Another day with a migraine. Also found out that my Potassium is low possibly due to the water pill I take cause I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits so my doctor prescribed supplementation 2x a day and I would need to take my bloodwork again in a week.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In

Username: tinak33
    June Week 3
    Previous Weight: 149.5
    Current Weight: 152.9

*hangs head in shame...*
  • AB0215
    Options
    @gjaholy33 Some things that have higher potassium are avocados, sweet potatoes, broccoli, spinach, zucchini. You can also get salt substitutes that have potassium like No Salt, it tastes like salt but has potassium instead.
    If you're looking for a supplement, I recommend Zipfizz, it's tasty and you get about 1000 mg per drink.
    Low potassium can actually cause headaches and migraines which could be part of the issues. Hang in there, you'll be feeling better soon!

@eromligyppah Congrats on your loss this week! Make sure you're getting enough water! That will help with the weight loss. And some weeks you will see a big drop and some weeks you'll stay the same, it happens that way a lot, the important thing is to continue even when the scale isn't cooperating! Glad you saw a drop this week and keep up the great work!!

@Gadgetgirl259 Nice days!!

@genajonas Sorry you're still under the weather! Try (real) Sudafed, that really helps me with nasal/chest congestion when I get to that point and nothing is seeming to help. A nurse told me that once, and I live in a county where they've banned real Sudafed so I have to go out of my way to get it but it's worth it. Hang in there, you'll get rid of it soon enough, or well probably not soon enough, being sick just sucks.

@CindyJNC1963 Another great day! And glad you're finally getting to take that trip you've been working so hard to get to! That's so exciting, enjoy yourself this weekend!!!

@vicky2767 Awesome day!!

@SLIMn2016 Another great day!!

@lsjhudson My best advice is to try to aim for things that are the best options you can find, ie, grilled over breaded and fried (you just don't know what's in the breading or what they fry it in) and probably more salads and veggies if you can find those. And I second what @o0kody0o said, portion control, try to estimate as best you can as to what a serving is, ie half a cup, etc, and try drinking a glass of water first, you'll feel filler and potentially eat less during the meal. And I would track before you actually eat it. Sometimes seeing the numbers before you eat it, helps to mentally stop you from over eating. You can do this! I feel like this is really what we train for, those times when we are out of our element, in the real world with others, we find the best options and go from there because the bottom line is we are human, we do have lives and we need to find ways to fit our weight loss into our lives so because ultimately, we will be in maintenance at some point during our journey and we will need to take these new healthy habits with us.

@gemwolf110 It's okay, you can miss 1, just not 2. I'll update it. You're good.

@o0kody0o Great job, challenging ourselves is how we grow and change and it's also a very important part of the process. Awesome job!!

@OkieGina I agree with it seeming like this week will never end, probably not a terrible thing lol, I have a lot of things to still get done and I'm not even close. And sometimes we do need rest, something I never do lol, but do as I say, not as I do :wink:

@Fitness327wk I wouldn't be disappointed with the scale this week, you basically maintained and strength training will ultimately help you get to your "weight" goal as it will help you burn more fat, so it's a good thing and worth it!

@dracocapricorn You still lost this week, hang in there, you can get back on track! You got this!

• lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: Β»
    πŸ’₯ Daily Post: Wednesday, 19th JuneπŸ’₯

βœ…Track: yes
    βœ…Calories: under
    Exercise: not today

Comments: Good day today, but am feeling nervous about the weekend. It kind of left my radar that I'm away this week for 4 days for a mini holiday with the family to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. 4 days of buffet style where I can't control how everything is cooked 😬argh. This sort of thing has the potential to knock me a bit sideways, so any advice would be appreciated!

Ps @AB0215 I'll need to weigh in next week on Tuesday instead of Monday because of the hols πŸ‘

@lsjhudson Hey Laura πŸ‘‹πŸ» I think the best thing you can do when you’re away is to keep portion control in mind. You can’t control how the food is cooked, but tell yourself that you can control what you put on your plate from the buffet. You’ve made great progress this week, so remind yourself of that. Most of all, enjoy your mini-break 😊

Thank you lovely! And you're absolutely right. Loading my plate with veggies will likely help as well. Will be doing my best! πŸ‘ x
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: Β»
    @gjaholy33 Some things that have higher potassium are avocados, sweet potatoes, broccoli, spinach, zucchini. You can also get salt substitutes that have potassium like No Salt, it tastes like salt but has potassium instead.
    If you're looking for a supplement, I recommend Zipfizz, it's tasty and you get about 1000 mg per drink.
    Low potassium can actually cause headaches and migraines which could be part of the issues. Hang in there, you'll be feeling better soon!

@eromligyppah Congrats on your loss this week! Make sure you're getting enough water! That will help with the weight loss. And some weeks you will see a big drop and some weeks you'll stay the same, it happens that way a lot, the important thing is to continue even when the scale isn't cooperating! Glad you saw a drop this week and keep up the great work!!

@Gadgetgirl259 Nice days!!

@genajonas Sorry you're still under the weather! Try (real) Sudafed, that really helps me with nasal/chest congestion when I get to that point and nothing is seeming to help. A nurse told me that once, and I live in a county where they've banned real Sudafed so I have to go out of my way to get it but it's worth it. Hang in there, you'll get rid of it soon enough, or well probably not soon enough, being sick just sucks.

@CindyJNC1963 Another great day! And glad you're finally getting to take that trip you've been working so hard to get to! That's so exciting, enjoy yourself this weekend!!!

@vicky2767 Awesome day!!

@SLIMn2016 Another great day!!

@lsjhudson My best advice is to try to aim for things that are the best options you can find, ie, grilled over breaded and fried (you just don't know what's in the breading or what they fry it in) and probably more salads and veggies if you can find those. And I second what @o0kody0o said, portion control, try to estimate as best you can as to what a serving is, ie half a cup, etc, and try drinking a glass of water first, you'll feel filler and potentially eat less during the meal. And I would track before you actually eat it. Sometimes seeing the numbers before you eat it, helps to mentally stop you from over eating. You can do this! I feel like this is really what we train for, those times when we are out of our element, in the real world with others, we find the best options and go from there because the bottom line is we are human, we do have lives and we need to find ways to fit our weight loss into our lives so because ultimately, we will be in maintenance at some point during our journey and we will need to take these new healthy habits with us.

@gemwolf110 It's okay, you can miss 1, just not 2. I'll update it. You're good.

@o0kody0o Great job, challenging ourselves is how we grow and change and it's also a very important part of the process. Awesome job!!

@OkieGina I agree with it seeming like this week will never end, probably not a terrible thing lol, I have a lot of things to still get done and I'm not even close. And sometimes we do need rest, something I never do lol, but do as I say, not as I do :wink:

@Fitness327wk I wouldn't be disappointed with the scale this week, you basically maintained and strength training will ultimately help you get to your "weight" goal as it will help you burn more fat, so it's a good thing and worth it!

@dracocapricorn You still lost this week, hang in there, you can get back on track! You got this!

Thank you lovely...you're so right that out of our element etc is testing and we need to find a balance we can live with for the rest of our lives! I haven't quite trained enough on this side!
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: Β»
    Weekly Weigh In

Username: tinak33
    June Week 3
    Previous Weight: 149.5
    Current Weight: 152.9

*hangs head in shame...*

Nope, no shame allowed here! We all have our good days/weeks and bad days/weeks, there is absolutely no shame in that. What I love about this group (and why it's the first one I go to every day) is that we're honest about our struggles and encourage each other to overcome.
This discussion has been closed.