WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, husband got sick a couple of days ago. Had what he thought was acid reflux. Went to hospital at 130 am today. Turned out he was having a heart attack. He has already had a stent put in. Another artery totally blocked, but apparently it’s been coming on for a long while..

I’ll probably be off rest of week here.

Oh no Andrea I’m so sorry to hear this. Sending all my love and prayers your way and wishing him healing and quick recovery.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    GAME ON CHALLENGERS!
    Want to continue our little head-to-head, toe-to-toe competition against the Workout Warriors? One more week to see if we can outdo those monsters. Let me know if you want to keep going. The spreadsheet is ready. Feel free to tweak your goals.

@mari_moulin
    @zlauerMom
    @evangsimmons170
    @Andreabroadley
    and me.

@jugar Count me in too! I was wondering how the workout warriors won last week when we had a higher total than they did. What constitutes a win? Either way, I'm in it to win it!

They have fewer players than we do, so if you score it on "per player" they won. Total we won, but unfairly since we have 5 to their 3.

Ahh but that’s unfair cause who can beat that beast they got Greg!!!!! 😂
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    My first green weekend in a VERY LONG TIME. And we had birthday cake too.
    Ran C25K today. Feeling good...

Well done being in the green this weekend ! I’m also doing C25K again. I’m currently on week 2!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    @mari_moulin your family looks lovely. Amazinggggg hairrrrrrrr

Thank you! And yes lots of thick dark hair here lol. Haircuts every 1 weeks. It gets expensive lol.
  • mari_moulin
    Options

I haven't been on since last Sunday and I just saw that y'all are putting me on the drop list. Good luck to the rest of you in your weight loss journeys.

I hope you didn’t decide to leave us for good 🤞. And if you did I sincerely hope you reconsider.

When our challengers are placed in the drop section of our spreadsheet, it’s most likely because they forget to weigh in or forget to let us know they are unable to weigh in for more than 2 weeks. We get many many challengers who join and never show again so it’s difficult to know who is still here when we’ve had no word for over 2 weeks. When our captains are notified we don’t drop challengers, we only put a side note that you are unable to weigh in therefore excused and not dropped. We may also suggest being placed in the cheer squad until the following month when challengers know it will be easier to weigh in weekly. In any case you were not placed in the drop section in any negative form on our behalf. We were simply following protocol for our challenge. We are more than happy to put you back in so you can continue on with us. We would love to continue to have your support and vice-versa.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,212 Member
    Options
    Good morning or afternoon or whatever it is where you are!

It is another beautiful day here, so I'm heading out shortly. It is also the Fête Nationale here in Québec, so there were fireworks last night, and everything is closed today. A good day to keep weeding and thinning the garden, and then head out on my bike to somewhere.

@reflectionofme your steps for last week are a personal record for the month, and team leader as always, even without the extra 4! I'll have to pick somewhere extra special for the team's imaginary walk <3

@micki48 - my mother-in-law who recently passed away used to go gemstone hunting too. For years she was very active in the Washington DC mineral club, and went rock hounding all over the place. She lived in NC (near Ashville) for the last few years before moving up here to Canada in 2001, and always enjoyed her rock hunts. She made all kinds of lovely necklaces and things with the polished results. It's great that you were out panning even if your step counts got thrown off!

@SueSueDio - indeed, you do NOT need to re-register. You are OURS!!! >:)

@Andreabroadley - so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope that all is well and that he makes a good recovery. Don't worry about not checking in - we'll wait for news when things settle down and you have time. Be sure to take care of yourself too.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

Well done being in the green this weekend ! I’m also doing C25K again. I’m currently on week 2!

Ok @Perla4686 and @mari_moulin y'all got me inspired to restart my C25K too. I tried it months ago and got to week 3 then fizzled out. I've had the app on my phone all this time anyway. Running is not an option for me due to arthritis, but I can definitely power walk the intervals. Plus I'm stronger now than 4 months ago. I got this. And what do you know, today is Monday. A good day to start!
  • mari_moulin
    Options

Ok @Perla4686 and @mari_moulin y'all got me inspired to restart my C25K too. I tried it months ago and got to week 3 then fizzled out. I've had the app on my phone all this time anyway. Running is not an option for me due to arthritis, but I can definitely power walk the intervals. Plus I'm stronger now than 4 months ago. I got this. And what do you know, today is Monday. A good day to start!

Yass!!! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻 you’ve so got this girl! You will go above and beyond that week 3 which is a tough one! I’ve gotten to week 5 and never got passed. We will push our limits and break our own records. Let’s go!!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Yes! I love being outdoors and always struggled working out at home. I hate working out on my own, I get bored. So I got my son to do C25K with me. Will you have a running/walking partner?
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everybody. I just gotta get through this week and I'm on vacation for a week.

We're going to spend one day at The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth. I wonder what kind of nutritional info is available for a slice of scorpion pizza, a ramen hotdog and some deep fried licorice? Also what appears to be ice cream mixed with assorted insects, the Bug Bowl. Or a pizza full of pop rocks, the Cherry Bomb.

Or a soft serve ice cream cone topped with 24K gold? I probably can't afford that.

Faire food is weird. XD
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

Yass!!! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻 you’ve so got this girl! You will go above and beyond that week 3 which is a tough one! I’ve gotten to week 5 and never got passed. We will push our limits and break our own records. Let’s go!!

Thank you! With the Texas summer heat, walking outside after 8 am is done at your own risk. I like walking in the evenings, though. However, by then I find if I haven't already exercised for the day, the likelihood that I will then is slim to none. But exercising outdoors is invigorating. In the meantime, I have been doing my Leslie Sansone walk aerobic videos. (I have the app plus over 30 of her DVDs.) I love doing those because there is absolutely NO excuse for me to miss a workout.
  • mari_moulin
    Options

Yes! I love being outdoors and always struggled working out at home. I hate working out on my own, I get bored. So I got my son to do C25K with me. Will you have a running/walking partner?

I have a few friends that will do the occasional workout with me but it’s nothing I can ever really rely on daily. I have a waking partner on Sunday’s and a workout partner on Tuesdays. My husband will occasionally walk with me in the evenings provides he gets home early and isn’t too tired. Other than that I am on my own getting it done cause I can’t wait on others if I want to reach my goals. I’m proud of you for doing it and I think it’s great that this son has joined you!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Happy Monday everybody. I just gotta get through this week and I'm on vacation for a week.

We're going to spend one day at The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth. I wonder what kind of nutritional info is available for a slice of scorpion pizza, a ramen hotdog and some deep fried licorice? Also what appears to be ice cream mixed with assorted insects, the Bug Bowl. Or a pizza full of pop rocks, the Cherry Bomb.

Or a soft serve ice cream cone topped with 24K gold? I probably can't afford that.

Faire food is weird. XD

Omg I would be so screwed lol. Minus the insect 🐜 ice cream although I’m sure that’s high in protein 😂 . I’ll pass on that lol. Just make sure to HAVE FUN and everything is allowed in moderation. ❤️👌
  • mari_moulin
    Options

Thank you! With the Texas summer heat, walking outside after 8 am is done at your own risk. I like walking in the evenings, though. However, by then I find if I haven't already exercised for the day, the likelihood that I will then is slim to none. But exercising outdoors is invigorating. In the meantime, I have been doing my Leslie Sansone walk aerobic videos. (I have the app plus over 30 of her DVDs.) I love doing those because there is absolutely NO excuse for me to miss a workout.

I absolutely love Leslie Sansone and whenever I can’t get out for my run I will do her workouts here at home. I had no idea there as an all. What is it called?

I am from San Antonio so I know exactly what you mean with the what. We are currently going through a heat wave here in France so it’s also too hot to do anything outdoors. I have to get out early in the morning before it gets too bad or late evenings.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, husband got sick a couple of days ago. Had what he thought was acid reflux. Went to hospital at 130 am today. Turned out he was having a heart attack. He has already had a stent put in. Another artery totally blocked, but apparently it’s been coming on for a long while..

I’ll probably be off rest of week here.

Thank goodness you went to the hospital! Hope he is feeling better soon. So scary, hugs.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

Faire food is weird. XD

Omg I would be so screwed lol. Minus the insect 🐜 ice cream although I’m sure that’s high in protein 😂 . I’ll pass on that lol. Just make sure to HAVE FUN and everything is allowed in moderation. ❤️👌

I must have my deep fried oreos. They're unreasonably delicious. That's enough.

The bigger problem is the pancake breakfasts tbh. Going into mid-July everywhere offers free pancake and sausage breakfasts. You can eat for free for weeks if you like pancakes enough. Can't go anywhere without smelling it.

So tempting.
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Monday
    SW: 134.2
    PW: 133.0
    CW: 131.9

I'm getting back to the 120's inch by inch! Still hoping to get to 129 by July -- so there's a goal! I have been traveling visiting family and have not been good about writing comments, but when I can catch up I am very touched by what everyone is writing. For me, the "why" is very simple, but it took me a long time to get it -- it's just what I want for myself -- the pride I feel when I can make it through a long yoga class, when I can side plank -- when I feel healthy and strong. I eat greens and veggies and love them. I choose everyday to participate in my own health and wellness. Like I said, it took me a while to get here, but I'm thankful I did.

Whatever you want for yourself, move in that direction. There's not a pancake around that can still tempt me, @Terytha ! Make it your decision. Really make it about you being good to you. And, the faire food does sound weird!! :smile:

@Andreabroadley and @jugar -- I hope both your husbands feel better soon. Hugs.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

I absolutely love Leslie Sansone and whenever I can’t get out for my run I will do her workouts here at home. I had no idea there as an all. What is it called?

I am from San Antonio so I know exactly what you mean with the what. We are currently going through a heat wave here in France so it’s also too hot to do anything outdoors. I have to get out early in the morning before it gets too bad or late evenings.

Yay! Another Texan in the house, y'all! How on earth did you go from San Antonio to France? Was that a permanent move or just vacation. Leslie Sansone's app is called Walk at Home. There's an VERY small annual fee, cheaper than any gym membership I've found. Plus, if I can't do the workouts right here at home while I'm still in my "skivvies," then a gym membership is not going to save me! LOL
This discussion has been closed.