WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

I'm doing a staycation so will still weigh in as usual. But I'll be quieter/less present because we literally booked an entire week to play a video game that's out Friday. I'll be too busy saving the world and fighting monsters.

Today I hit a milestone: 30 pounds lost.
    :)

Both of these things are awesome. I love, love, love the idea of planning a video game vacation. LOL My hubby will be jealous!

That is a big milestone. Congrats to you!!

• zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    STEP TEAM!

There seem to be almost no steps reported this week. Did I miss a whole lot of them? Or is it the heat wave? The post-summer solstice vacation mode? :D

Whoops! Maybe I'm not as caught up as I said in an earlier post.
    I looked at the spreadsheet to see where I left off and noticed that my step counts on my fitbit app don't jive with what is on the spreadsheet starting on June 20. (though if you twist my arm, I'll keep the 16,000+ day that was really about 9,000. :wink: ) The counts before that date are correct. After that date, not so much. I don't know if it is that I reported wrong or what. I should figure out how to do the screen shot of the app list that I've seen others do.
    In any case, here is what I have:

June 20 - 9,282
    June 21 - 8,737
    June 22 - 13,832
    June 23 - 7,110
    June 24 - 16,710
    June 25 - 11,943
    June 26 - 16,911
    June 27 - 10,220
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    zlauerMom wrote: »
    @ZlauerMom - don't forget to log points on the Game On spreadsheet (week 3 has been added) or let me know if you can't do it this week!

I'm so sorry. I'm all caught up now. I didn't realize I needed to look for another sheet. I looked at the first one and thought, I'm all caught up, but clearly that wasn't the case. :neutral:

I've been very busy lately and haven't been able to get online as much.
    I think I mentioned that I am a potter. Well, I work in a shared studio space in an old factory building. The owner of the studio has been forced to close because the landlord has raised the rent dramatically. We all have to be out of the building by the end of this month. The displaced potters have been mentally reeling from this turn of events. I have a small room full of equipment, shelving, a gazillion pounds of clay, buckets of glaze, etc. I've been working on moving all of that.

I don't want to get overly technical, but different potters have different processes and different firing methods. The type of firing I do can't be done in an electric kiln. So finding another makers space is particularly difficult. The kiln I was using was hand-built brick by brick inside the building many years ago. It can not be moved. Over the last couple of months I've talked to dozens of potters in the region, brainstorming possibilities. I've had to pull out of a few upcoming sales, which I might not be able to get back into. It has been a difficult time.

You know that expression when one door closes, another door opens? ...
    Well, this week on the same day that I moved the last of my stuff out of my studio, I received an email about studio space at a university associated facility that is located about 1.5 miles form my studio. They just got funding approval to design a shared studio space and asked if I would come in to discuss a position where I get studio space in exchange for helping fire their kilns, etc.

I'm meeting them this afternoon to get the details. I know the head of the ceramics program already. This morning I'm practicing being calmly professional and not running in and hugging him when I get there. Wish me luck!!

@zlauerMom I'm so excited for you! I could sense your excitement too with each word I read of your post. I know change can be scary and exciting all at the same time, but I wish the best for you in your interview today. I pray everything works out in your favor. Please keep us posted! :smiley:
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the hugs @jugar.. Really appreciate them.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    zlauerMom wrote: »
    Whoops! Maybe I'm not as caught up as I said in an earlier post.
    I looked at the spreadsheet to see where I left off and noticed that my step counts on my fitbit app don't jive with what is on the spreadsheet starting on June 20. (though if you twist my arm, I'll keep the 16,000+ day that was really about 9,000. :wink: ) The counts before that date are correct. After that date, not so much. I don't know if it is that I reported wrong or what. I should figure out how to do the screen shot of the app list that I've seen others do.
    In any case, here is what I have:

June 20 - 9,282
    June 21 - 8,737
    June 22 - 13,832
    June 23 - 7,110
    June 24 - 16,710
    June 25 - 11,943
    June 26 - 16,911
    June 27 - 10,220
    Thanks for catching my mistake! I had written down 2 people's steps to transfer onto the spreadsheet, and looked up one line for your last few days instead of down. You got @Blackbeautysue 's steps for a few days there. It is all straightened out now.

Your studio move sounds both harrowing and now hopeful - it would be great to be the kiln master! Rooting for you :)
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    CW 123.25
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Friday funny: this diet printed in Vogue in the 70's.

mfh2edyxqcwv.jpg

I mean. It's restrictive, but with that much wine you might not care. XD
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Perla4686!!!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options

mfh2edyxqcwv.jpg

Perhaps that's the secret! A bottle a day is quite a bit... for a lot of people, anyway! ;)
  • jugar
    Options

mfh2edyxqcwv.jpg

What a riot! Talk about low fibre! And I love the "poached if necessary". If you can boil water for one, why not the other? I'll have to think about this. And the song "Black Coffee" is now running through my head. Here is one my favourite former students of our music department singing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKePDl15Tfs
  • jugar
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    CW 123.25

Woo hoo! What a month you have had. You must be feeling exceptional. 6.4 pounds!!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Check up!

I would like to know if @leni1us will be back with us on active status in July. If you see this message, let us know! I'll also send a PM. Hope you have had a great month off, and are raring to go for July.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Omg I'm sitting at a murder mystery dinner theater that had dinner, dessert, a roll and lemonade included. The food was great, but I'm stuffed. There goes tomorrow's weigh in! Grrrrrrr😪😫😤
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Username: Connie7355
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 188.6
    Today’s Weight: 186.6

Fantastic loss!👏🏼🎉
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Don’t have high hopes for tomorrow. M
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Don’t have high hopes for tomorrow. M

Don’t let it stress you too much. Just keep at it! We are going into a new month. We’ve got this GF. X
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Omg I'm sitting at a murder mystery dinner theater that had dinner, dessert, a roll and lemonade included. The food was great, but I'm stuffed. There goes tomorrow's weigh in! Grrrrrrr😪😫😤

That only means it’s gonna be an awesome July week 1 loss!!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check up!

I would like to know if @leni1us will be back with us on active status in July. If you see this message, let us know! I'll also send a PM. Hope you have had a great month off, and are raring to go for July.

I’ve added @leni1us into the July sheets as I saw your note. We can always move her back to support if she is unable to come back for July.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

mfh2edyxqcwv.jpg

Perhaps that's the secret! A bottle a day is quite a bit... for a lot of people, anyway! ;)

I thought a bottle a day was the norm. Have I been doing it wrong?! 🍷
This discussion has been closed.