Totally radom and not planned...but I edited this at 6:19. Scary! B):o
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,798 Member
    Options
    Today's Menu:

black coffee
    oatmeal with oat milk, cinnamon, flax meal, raisins, frozen blueberries
    LUNCH out with best friend...vegan pho
    dinner: massaged kale salad, air fried cauliflower steaks with SOS free bbq sauce
    cantaloupe

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    bisky wrote: »
    Hi all,

Magic this looks delicious:
    The recipe is:
    1 mashed very ripe banana
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 /2 tsp vanilla
    1 cup oats (I used GF rolled organic oats)
    3 dates chopped
    Flax egg 1 T flax meal with 2 T water
    1/4 c chopped walnuts optional

Mash banana really well and then add all the stuff. Bake at 350 for 20 min and then flip.
    I baked in air fryer...they started to burn at 350 so I turned down to 300 and did not have to flip. Really good. Better cold from the fridge or some peeps freeze them. It made six. I ate them all. UGH.

We went to Corpus Christie for a week. It was nice to be by the ocean but not one of my favorite places.

I pulled a back muscle last week and was a bit laid up. Plus I finally had an upper GI. I have a stomach ulcer....probably due to all the NSAIDS I took last few years. Started on meds and feel much better. Cabbage and fermented foods are suppose to be good for ulcers plus Tofu. I am adding nonfat greek yogurt on my non vegan days

Big dog is loving his new home and my 3 dogs are loving not sharing attention with a big young dog. We (3dogs and I) went to visit last week.

This weekend I am accompanying a friend to MD Anderson Cancer Hospital in Houston for more testing and treatment plan. She has a very rare cancer.

@bisky - I am so sorry to hear about your friend. She is lucky to have you there to support her, and my understanding is that for cancer, it doesn't get any better than MD Anderson. So she has the A-team. Take care of yourself!
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,917 Member
    Options
    How'd your ice cream turn out Austin?

Oh, back pain sucks Bisky. Hope the ulcer clears up quickly. I love hearing the pup is enjoying his new home!

That's fantastic news you have been cancer free so long Magic. You definitely demonstrate the positive attitude. :)

I was pretty close to the edge today. I'm just exhausted and overwhelmed, and I am SOOO glad that the new help starts on Monday. I actually left on time and I plan to do NO work tonight. Going to chill, read, early bedtime.

On the bright side I ate very light today because I was too busy to eat lunch.
    B - oats with the usual goodies
    D - big ol' salad, might have a sprouted grain English muffin if I'm still hungry
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Magic - Ewings Sarcoma? Congratulations on beating it. 30 some years ago my first job out of nursing school was on a pediatric oncology ward. I took care of several children with Ewings Sarcoma. My friend is so positive and brave. It just that the military took way too long to diagnose her very rare cancer. Living in San Antonio they should have admitted they did not know what they were looking at back in September and send her to MD Anderson then. She now has something in her lung too....if it is cancer then it will be a stage 4. Hoping & praying for the best.

Magic - I need things spelled out for me, Why is it called flax egg ratio? There is no egg?

On another note....this lazy girl finally gave up the expensive prepackaged cabbage salads with dressings and junk that I was just throwing away and bought shredded cabbage, added spinach, sun flower seeds, pine nuts, black sesame seeds mixed with apple cider vinegar and a little lemon infused olive oil. Delicious!!!! Next step will be just buying a head of cabbage and slicing it up...I am so lazy when it comes to food prep.

Walked dogs this morning followed by Yoga then a nice swim...can see a tiny bit of progress with my swim. I love stretching back, arms, shoulders and abs holding onto the kick board and practicing my flutter kick.

I am looking into Kundalini yoga. Does anyone have experience with this type of yoga? I am going commit to yoga as the pulled back muscle was a scare.
  • magic71755
    Options
    @bisky It is called a flax egg because it replicates the consistency and texture of an egg really well. So, no, there is no real egg in the recipe. B)
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @Mihani - The oatmeal ice cream turned out well! I made it yesterday, and the teenager loved it. Most of it is now gone.
    I hope your chill time last night has you feeling more rested today. I am so glad you have new help coming on Monday. That is great news!

@bisky - I do hatha and vinyasa yoga with an instructor who pays attention to breathing as part of the yoga practice. I have found it very beneficial. I am definitely more flexible than I used to be. I did a quick check for what the differences are, and it looks as if Kundalini is similar, with the addition of mantras. The biggest thing I would say is move slowly and pay attention to your body. Don't push hard to get to a particular place in a pose. Be gentle, and watch for slow changes over time. Oh, and combining yoga with swimming sounds brilliant!
    Your salad with black sesame seeds sounds delicious!

@magic71755 - Your menu looks great! Do you make your own BBQ sauce? Your mention of it has me thinking I want to make it (here's a likely-looking recipe).

I had a great ETL day yesterday. The vegan oatmeal ice cream was the only new or different thing. I am still loving turnip greens with diced turnips for my big steamed greens meal. Yum!
  • magic71755
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain ...I did not make the sauce...bought it from the Well Your World website...he has five SOS free sauces.

I looked at your recipe...I think I will give it a try once this bottle is done.

today I made soup...

I used vegetable broth organic low sod...added low sod tamari, white mellow miso, onion powder, five spice, garlic powder, mushroom powder from trader joes...and veggies

mushroom, scallions, celery, carrots, garlic, onions, cauliflower

noodles were rice noodles, Asian pad tai

really turned out well. will have it for the four days at work as part of my day.

today:

black coffee
    Asian noodle veggie soup
    oatmeal
    kale salad
    bean tostadas
    popsicle and fruit
  • magic71755
    Options
    Back to work today

Black coffee
    Oatmeal
    Massaged kale salad
    Veggie soup with rice noodles
    Cantaloupe
    Oat clusters
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @bisky - I just this morning made muffins for my husband and son, substituting a mixture of warm water and flax meal for the eggs. I would NOT try making a substitute for an omelette or scrambled eggs with flax, but it is one of several things you can use when making waffles, muffins, cake, etc.

Of all the things I have tried as egg substitutes when making baked goods, flax seed has been the thing I come back to most often. It adds a combo of protein and fat, and in the same texture (once mixed with water in about a 3 water:1 flax meal ratio) as eggs. All you do is add the ground flax seeds to water (I go with warm water), stir well, and then wait about 5 minutes. Leftovers from a recipe can drop into a smoothie.
  • Mihani
    Options
    I made it through the week and can't wait for Monday! I'm going to be in the office all weekend but I am so excited that I can start putting some things aside for the new gal to work on. Woohoo!!!

It wasn't a perfect ETL day by any means... the phones were crazy and the receptionist is on vacation. I hate answering the phone.

B - lara bar
    L - raw veggies and cashew caesar for dipping, 2 rice cakes
    D - big ol' salad
  • magic71755
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Very excited for you, Mihani...the month flew by...maybe not for you. But it's finally here...
    julyboard.gifjulyboard.gifjulyboard.gif

Today's Plan

black coffee
    oatmeal
    kale salad
    Ezekiel cheese sandwich toasted in the air fryer with one slice follow your heart yellow cheese
    nectarines
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @Mihani - Your version of not-the-best-day is still impressive! I am so delighted for you, that the new gal will be there Monday!

@magic71755 - Your plan looks lovely and delicious!

General comment: All of the vegan muffins are gone. That was quick!

Today so far has been great. I had martial arts class, and I have stayed on ETL all day:
    B - coffee; blueberry, spinach and flax seed smoothie; some golden berries and goji berries
    L - turnip greens with diced turnips; warm salad - steamed zucchini, chopped grape tomatoes, refrigerator pickled white onions, spices; savory baked tofu (have to make more; have loved it!); steamed mushrooms (ate them with chopped tofu; yum!)
    S - apple slices and walnuts

D will be a huge massaged kale and romaine salad. The guys have been wanting more salad, so I have run out of greens fast. I am meal planning and about to head for the store!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Austin, that is so cool your house is going greens rule! Very cool.

Was thinking of you when I was chatting with the receptionist at the car dealer this morning Magic. It sure makes a business feel comfortable to a customer when they have a good face to the business. Still have to take the car back in for more repairs though. Ugh!

ETL sorta day:
    B - oatmeal with usual goodies
    L - a couple rice cakes
    D - baked tostadas with oil-free guacamole dip and some wine

• magic71755
    Options
    Morning glories!

Today it will be...

black coffee
    oatmeal
    massaged kale salad
    Ezekiel cheese sandwich
    nectarines
    baked Ezekiel corn tostadas (thanks for the idea, @Mihani )
    oatmeal clusters

• AustinRuadhain
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Morning glories!

Today it will be...

black coffee
    oatmeal
    massaged kale salad
    Ezekiel cheese sandwich
    nectarines
    baked Ezekiel corn tostadas (thanks for the idea, @Mihani )
    oatmeal clusters

Good morning, glory! (I keep wanting to call you Glory!)

Mmmm, those oatmeal clusters! And we are eating fresh nectarines and peaches at my house, too!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Spent about 16 hours in the office this weekend and brought some more work home for this evening but I need to do laundry first so I have something to wear to work tomorrow! I hope my weekends in the office are going to be a now and then thing soon, to get caught up not just to (barely) keep my head above water.

L - minestrone with farro
    S - lara bar
    D - hummus and veggies in an ezekiel wrap, watermelon

• AustinRuadhain
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Happy Sunday, all!

@Mihani - Thanks for the congratulations! The 13 year old specifically requested a salad for dinner tonight, which made me very happy!

I had a good ETL day, though I still need to get out for a walk.

I did shopping yesterday, and a fair amount of prep today. I have to go back tomorrow, as they were out of kale and tofu.

My big adventure today was making a beet gazpacho. It is quite tasty! Changes I made: skipped the oil and salt; used pomegranate instead of sherry vinegar; used regular (not Turkish) cucumbers; and added lots more onion and pepper when preparing my bowl. It's pretty painless to make, too -- roast a couple of beets, then throw things in the blender.

B - green smoothie with flax seed, spinach and cauliflower; golden and goji berries
    L - turnip greens and black-eyed peas with the fermented hot sauce (really, savory rather than hot) I made earlier in the week; zucchini onion & tomato salad; baked garlic
    S - apple slices and walnuts
    D - beet gazpacho; huge salad; homemade dressing; zucchini onion & tomato salad; steamed butternut and apple with cinnamon and ginger
  • Mihani
    Options
    I like the new gal at the office. She got through quite a few things on her own, she knows what to look for and what to do.

Beet gazpacho sounds so good Austin. I made borscht a few years ago that was a conglomeration of several vegan recipes, and it was soooo good, and I will never be able to recreate it!

Stayed at the office late and need to get dinner in me so I can get to bed at a reasonable time.

B - oats with the usual additions
    L - raw veggies with cashew caesar for dipping
    D - big ol' salad, an apple
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I made more soy yogurt in my IP yesterday. Love this stuff!

Austin, I’ve been wondering how your ice cream turned out. Making that this week for Hubby. I also do hatha yoga, it’s been crucial to my overall health and in recovering from injuries.

I plan to make oat milk today. I now make chickpea omelettes using chickpea flour. They are really good. I also use flax eggs when baking.

Wishing everyone a great day!