Kbrad2325
    zlauerMom
    171Lake
    Perla4686
    holmesp603
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    @amsandos - congratulations on passing! One thing on my bucket list is to retake swimming lessons. I am such a bad swimmer yet I think it would be so fun. Last swimming class I took was probably when I was 10 😂 As to the pact, you did have a lot going on, shall we try again next month? Did you read what Mrsbell8well wrote to Cyndie. It is a huge mental game and we need to relearn how we respond to food. I think that is why I am loving PNP right now. I even relisten to podcasts because I always get something new out of them. I also had to break the pact yesterday as I wasn’t feeling well even though I didn’t eat much yesterday I did have some sugar in my Oatmeal! (Stabilizing a queasy tummy)

@cyndiesstuff sorry about the flare up, does the weather play into it too? Want to join me with no sugar, no flour for 30 days? 😁

@Mrsbell8well love your post to Cyndie. This is exactly what I am trying to work through, my relationship with food. Finally at 54 I am going to put a stop to this. It’s only food right? 😁

Remember I said I felt I was coming down with something early in the week and I was just craving food, by Friday evening I felt so sick. I managed to make dinner but didn’t eat any. Yesterday still not feeling well and what I did eat wasn’t Whole30 as I was trying to get my queasy stomach under control. By evening I felt so much better and had a normal dinner. So Whole30 is done for now. But it did what I needed it to do, get my sugar cravings under control. I will still continue eating a similar plan, but just not quite so tight. I have a vision on what my diet should be for the rest of my life and staring today I will be living it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Saturday
    Food: went to a party, but made good choices and smaller than usual portions
    Water : lots, didn't count
    Exercise : 15 minutes butt and legs exercises, plank challenge
    Steps 10,678
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Check in for Friday and Saturday
    Food: Didn't log but probably over
    Water : not enough
    Exercise : Walked 30 min and swam 15 on Friday, Danced 30 min Saturday
    Steps 7,417 Friday 5695 Saturday

I have to say I did have a fun weekend. I didn't do great,but it wasn't too bad either. I did do a little mindless eating but caught myself, I didn't always make the best food choices but I watched my portions and did pay attention to the hunger scale. I also had only two drinks each day which was great because there was a lot of drinking going on. Everyone is here on vacation and I can't afford to be in vacation mode every time someone is down. I am back on track today and I do not have any regrets for the weekend. Now to work on cleaning up my eating a little when people are visiting .

@cyndiesstuff Sorry that I was MIA . I was not expecting that. I should be good for a bit now. Lol! Hope your pain is better today. The heat is bad enough but having pain on top of it makes things worse. I am not surprised that you are stressed. Take one day at a time.
    @kirsten11872 It is Vegas time already! Whoo hoo! It is ok to weigh in Wed for this week. Make the best of the time before you go and have a plan while you are there. Hope you have a great trip!
    @amsandos Congratulations on passing your test!! I am not surprised though-you worked very hard at it. I think a plan for the week is a great way to start getting your eating under control. Maybe you should think of making a plan for stressful times too and maybe what you can do instead of eating. Planning is key! I also broke the pact yesterday. I wouldn't mind restarting in August if you are interested.
    @hope002 Yes that is so true, they do say that most weight loss is the diet. However, you did have an active vacation so just think if you didn't. Give yourself credit for all the exercise you did while away. That isn't too bad of a gain for being away. Sounds like you are doing a good job getting back on track, you had a good day Saturday!
    @ljdanny Ugh! It is just too hot. Pool day sounds perfect to me!
    @Mrsbell8well I wanted to give you a hug when you when you were counting your blessings. Life is good! xoxo
    @DananaNanas The scale is still moving in the right direction. How are things going? Are you getting to the gym? I forget if your husband goes too...Check in if you need anything. Hugs my friend.
    @carlsoda I am glad you are feeling better. I know even off the Whole 30 you eat super healthy so I know your eating plan with be awesome!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I am glad you got your batteries finally I know you do well when you log your food. Maybe make a plan with your food and exercise. Just do something simple that you like for 15 or 20 min and increase it a little each week. You just need to get back on track. I know you have a lot of other things going on but take some time to take care of yourself physically too. Let us know if you need anything. We always love to hear from you!
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Check in for Saturday:
    Food: logged and under
    Water: enough
    Exercise: 60 min walk + 5K run
    Steps: 17400

I had a little personal record of mine. Managed to run 5K in less than 30 min. 29:42 to be accurate ;-)
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @Moarrein Congrats on your personal record! Great job!
    @twyla77 What a cute dog! That gain isn't very much. How are things going?
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Sunday
    Food : did not log, but exercised portion control
    Water : probably not enough
    Exercise: 2 walks 65 and 45 minutes
    Steps: 13,672

• amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Username: amsandos
    Weigh in Week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 136
    Today's weight: 137
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hello Team! Haven’t been able to check in as its been a chaotic couple of days. Detroit got hammered by a big storm. My flight from Detrot to Harrisburg was delayed several times and ultimately canceled and I was forced to spend Friday night in Detroit. The entire airport was shut down for hours. Hotels were booking fast but I was able to find a room and made it there around 1 am. Rushed back to the airport first thing in the morning as I was rebooked on a morning flight but sometime overnight I was bumped to a flight scheduled for late saturday night. Delta and Detroit airport failed miserably. What a nightmare. You truly see the best and worst in people, mostly the worse, during times like these. My heart just broke for so many people especially the elderly, handicapped and those traveling with children. I had it relatively easy. I kept thanking my body and mind for the stamina, energy and calmness it provided me LOL. I was able to get on an earlier flight but it was also delayed multiple times. Finally made it Harrisburg late Saturday afternoon and my husband and I were able to go out for dinner as planned. We spent a lovely day together yesterday but its too hot to do much. A short visit was made that much shorter.

Eating and water the past few days have been horrible. Today’s food and water will be better. I fly back home tomorrow. Retaining water big time from all the sodium and the heat. As soon as I return home plan will be to get off this sodium train and get my digestive system back on track as well. Think I will spend some time today planning the week’s menu so I have no excuses. I have a hard time kicking salt once i start consuming alot of it. We have a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon so maybe my husband will be in from work early. Doubtful but a girl can dream LOL.

Been trying to keep up on posts but its been hit or miss. Congrats to all the successes and hugs to those of us struggling. Wishing everyone a great week!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda thanks for your support. I can tell you if I can do it anyone can do it. Timing is everything. When were ready we just do it. I am rooting for you girl!
    @sleepymom5 I am so glad your enjoying your summer especially this past weekend. And look at you getting in swimming too! And I will take that hug thank you xoxo
    @twyla77 ahhhh what a sweetie. Thanks for sharing.
    @Moarrein that's some fast running. Great job!!! Your always so impressive!
    @hope002 great job making wise decisions at your party. perfect example that it can be done.
    @amsandos time to get the rest of the month back in alignment. What will you weigh on August 1st?
    @cassiegetsfit2013 Time to regroup Cassie. But continuing to check in here is always a great place to start. I know it's not easy to put it all out there. You hang in there.
    @dananananas Sounds like a busy time for you. Have you made time for the gym?

I just stumbled across a delightful site...theproducemoms.com features a monthly produce challenge with different seasonal produce highlighted each day. I am going tonight to buy all the produce mentioned for this week. I am using cauliflower to make buffalo cauliflower wraps this week and Molly is going to make something with green beans. I am also making a cherry lime slushie from one of their recipes.

Molly and I were out the door this morning by 6am. She walked with me down to the hospital and I ran the loop around then we walked back together. Such a nice way to start the week. came home and made yummy oatmeal with fresh peaches.

Have a great day everyone!!! Let's finish July strong. The old us would wait until a new month to start fresh...but why wait? Let's achieve that optimal health and get ready for those winter bodies now lol.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    c96admnlh2i9.jpeg

Sunday's Weigh Ins still due
    @bmaison2014

Monday's Weigh Ins
    @Amsandos
    @gottagetthisdown
    @jedaschultz
    @MCKAY85

Tuesday's Weigh Ins
    @phoebe112476

Ugh! Forgot to hit post last night!!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Check in for Sunday
    Food: on track, started to log and then forgot
    Water: at least 64oz
    Exercise: 30 min walk
    Steps: 7179

Today I need to get back into my regular routine. Logging food, 64 oz water, 6K steps, 30 min exercise, eating only when hungry. I have some cleaning to finish up after my guests and then this afternoon I have PT!! Finally!! I am really interested to see what I can push with this hip without risking injury. I am ready to start healing. Hopefully the exercises I have been doing already started the healing. I really want to get off the ibuprofen and get back to walking. I really miss my beach walks too. I will let you all know how it goes! Today is supposed to be the last of this crazy hot weather. Last night I took Daisy out at 9pm and it was still uncomfortably hot and humid. Looking forward to the heat breaking. I am ready to get back out on the bike and kayak. Have a great day everyone!

@hope002 Another good day! Keep it going, you are doing great!
    @amsandos Don't let a gain derail you. I know you know what to do. How are things going?
    @nstephenson01 Ugh! What a pain! I am glad you finally arrived safely. Hopefully your flight home is smoother. You unfortunately came when we have record heat. It is supposed to break and be nice tomorrow, when you leave, of course. Do the best you can until you get home. I know you will get back on track!
    @Mrsbell8well Glad that you and Molly got out before the heat!
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Username: gottagetthisdown
    Weigh in week: 4
    Previous Weight: 165.4
    Todays Weight: 165.4
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in:

Food - pretty good
    Water - almost on track
    Exercise - 10,000+ steps

Yesterday was a pretty good day over all. Went to my daughter's house and had a nice boat ride around the lake (her inlaws have a pontoon and they are neighbors), had fun with baby Owen - oh he is such a happy boy. He's 6 months now and we were sitting down, him on my lap, playing with his toys and he kept looking up and smiling at me. He was happy! We're also started planning a visit with other daughter who lives 6 hours away for a long weekend. Adeline (who is 3) and I plan to make some healthy paleo cookies when we come to visit them. So we were talking about what we would put in them. She had some good ideas...bananas and chocolate chips LOL! I think we'll have lots of fun making some cookies!!

Yesterday I also did Day 1 of C25K!! Breathing was great - I haven't lost that but my legs definitely are weaker! So tonight it's yoga for me and Tuesday I will tackle Day 2! I haven't ran in like 2 years

@nstephenson01 - oh my goodness what an experience you had! Detroit isn't the funniest place to be either. Glad you did make it albeit a shorter visit.

@sleepmom5 - hey great job this weekend! I know it's hard having visitors and trying to stay on track. That's a challenge in itself!!

@mrsbell8well - ok I'm going to check out that site too. Sometimes I get stuck in a rut with fruits and veg and it would be nice to be able to do more! Thank you!!

@twyla77 - cutest puppy every!!!!
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    User ID: jedaschultz
    Week Number: Week 4
    Previous weight: 202.2
    Current weight: 202.6

Well up slightly again but not worried about it. We were at my nephew's wedding Saturday and our 35th wedding anniversary was yesterday. My weight was actually down to 200.8 on Saturday morning before we left for the festivities so I'm not going to worry about this little bit. I will get it back down again later this week and we are not scheduled to travel again for a few weeks. My goal is to get solidly into the 100's by September.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy Monday everyone. I had a great weekend on my canoe trip and although I didn’t eat my normal food I was able to actually lose weight. I always think I can’t make it if I’m out of my routine, but I think that’s just some negative thoughts that go through my head so that I can talk myself into eating poorly!! It’s all a psychological game isn’t it!!

@cyndiesstuff I actually have a plan for today and I am really going to try to do that all the time.
This discussion has been closed.