WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @amsandos that is so true! I do IF and look forward to my first bite of food, it always tastes so good!

@cyndiesstuff good luck with your new job! Very exciting! Glad your counseling is going well and you are keeping busy with your garden!

@Barbb1557 sorry you are going through a tough time! I hope you are able to get help with your depression!
  • kirsten11872
    Options
    I just caught up with all the posts from July! I was determined to read each & every one! :smiley:
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Tuesday
    Food: Pre-logged but ended up over
    Water: Plenty
    Exercise & steps: 8 mile hike; 24,218 steps

Had a good, productive day. Felt energetic into the evening but fell into the "I'm especially hungry but I should be because of my long hike so I'll just have a 2nd helping"... Blah. After patting myself on the back for a good start to the week, I blew it and my weight is WAY up this morning. Can't out walk my mouth! Hope its just sore muscles retaining water. Tomorrow is weigh in day so we'll just have to see.

My afternoon appointment with the pest service just called to see if he could come early. Yippee... won't be a long day after all. Had to call the pest service Monday as I have ants coming in through the ceiling. Log homes are fun said no one ever. Eeek... hate bugs. Hope he finds the cause of the problem.

@gingerpower79 Welcome to Montana! I hope you have a wonderful vacation!
  • kirsten11872
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff so exciting! I'm so happy for you! Good luck as you start this new chapter! :smile:

@Moarrein enjoy your vacation! Just walk up and down the stairs a ton of times and you will burn lots of calories, lol.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff good luck on the next chapter of life. A new job is exciting.

@Mrsbell8well congrats on the weight loss. I know you will do well in maintenance.

I have been doing well with my food choices and logging a few times I forgot to complete my diary but at least I had the food logged. I have been doing a lot of walking on the different rail trails. I am sitting at my son's work right now, he's a mechanic, he's checking over my car before I go on vacation. He asked me if I was going to sit inside or go walk the rail trail behind his work. I told him nicely he was an *kitten*. He should have told me there was a trail, I would have wore my workout clothes and walked for miles. We laughed and now I'm just stuck sitting in a smelly garage waiting area but at least I know for next time. Hopefully I have a little loss on the scale tomorrow. I'll take anything.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff you and I seem to have a lot in common. We live pretty close to each other and we are both only 5 feet tall!! That’s so funny 😀
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    User ID: Cyndiesstuff
    Week Number: Week 2
    Previous weight: 154.5
    Current weight: 154.5
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa I did the master cleanse once ages ago. That’s impressive you maintained for 3 years. Hang in there and keep tweaking till you find what works.
    @sleepymom5 you asked about mom’s condition. It’s on the days of dialysis after her treatments. But fortunately yesterday’s was tolerable. We requested an early treatment tomorrow so we can head to our 3 day beach vacation right after. Hopefully she will be ok. She looks great most of the time. Those treatments save her life but also kick her butt.
    @cyndiesstuff so glad you have a start date.
    @Moarrein sounds like your having a lovely little vacation and lots of exercise. Happy for you.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Yesterday we went on a 6 mile hike. 9 year old Skylynn did awesome. Robin did great in her new hiking shoes. Molly struggled pretty badly. We went down a few miles then up and up and up. It took us 3 1/2 hours. Poor Molly. She had to stop and rest every few minutes. It was a hard climb and hard for me to start and stop with her. Mentally it was a challenge we just kept seeing more and more mountain going up. Molly chose this hike but underestimated her ability. But that’s life. Sometimes things are unbearably hard and you have to put one foot in front of the other and keep moving no matter how hard it is to take that next step.
    When we finished my clothes were drenched in sweat. Robin had a great time and can’t wait to do it again. I promised Molly one year from now we would both be in such great shape that we would sail up that mountain. I logged my highest step count and hit 20k for the first time.
    When we got home mom and dad had a birthday feast with tostados, Spanish rice, dads pinto beans, homemade salsa and quacamole. Delicious!!!
    Today we’re doing another 10 minute bike ride, then I will do my yoga, some house cleaning, and I have a massage this afternoon then relax by the pool before packing for our vacation.
    I am counting down to retirement. 5 years...maybe 3. I love this life. I’m ready.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Wednesday
    Food on track
    Water lots
    Exercise 2 - 30 minute walks
    Steps 12198

Yesterday was really exciting. I got a call from my new boss. he just wanted to make sure i was still coming. oh it makes me feel so good knowing i am needed there. i am finally going to be able to utilize my skills. i have had 3 good days in a row. day 3 on my string of days meeting my goals. it was a challenge last evening. jim left for the farm and that is usually my que to start eating. i finally found my willingness to use my tools. instead of eating, i took Mack for a walk. my neighbor was out sitting in her yard and we stopped and joined her for a while. she had her lemonaid and i had my orange infused water and mackie had his portable bowl that if filled with her hose. i did it. phew! what a great day! i am eating when i am hungry and stopping when i am satisfied. ive got this. I need to catch up to @Mrsbell8well !! i am very happy with my maintain. with all i have been going thru i am happy that i have not gained anymore weight. i am not comfortable here. i am going to lose this weight. i am working on building the cyndie that when i do lose this weight she will be able to keep it off. i have to help her fix the thinking that no longer serves her.

@kirsten11872 lol, that is a lot of posts lady!! good job staying commited. i am so happy you are here with us.

@nstephenson01 you are right. you cannot out exercise a bad diet. you just get right back on track girl. and remember, your second helping was a blessing. it gives you the opportunity to learn. it was faulty thinking at its finest!! the fact was you had an 8 mile hike, facts you cannot change. your thought was my body needs extra food, not a fact. the result was you overate. change your thoughts and change the result. maybe instead think, this hungry feeling is my bodys way of telling me good job for your hard work. it is ok to be hungry. my body will use stored fat for fuel. ohhh thats good that the pest guy came early. freed up your day.

@Moarrein no problem i will get you excused. if you find a scale fine if not just give it to us next week. you vacation sounds amazing. have fun and live life to the fullest by taking the best care of yourself!!

@ljdanny this new job will be a major player in creating the new me. it is a amazing occasion. heres to hoping for a loss today for you!!

@lennoncpa and we are both a couple of cuties too!! we should get together sometime.
    ds9opvuy8tc4.jpg
    ok peps... i know summer is busy but you need to make time for your weight loss goals. come here and share. we will do this together. take 5 minutes to come here and read and share. a good support system is a valuable tool to have in your bag of tricks!!

lets try this teammates! 7 days. come on join me. tell me how your doing it!!
    2shm1cqp83kt.jpg
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff I am really proud of you for using your tools. That’s it. Just one day at a time! I’m waiting for you. I need some company on this maintenance journey. I’m wondering over the next year who else will hit their goal and join us?
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Things settling back towards routine now that we have moved and finished our two different summer vacations. I still have much to unpack and settle into this house - but it is coming. Back to yoga classes. Staying on track with my eating and weight loss during time of transition off strict calorie counting (very grateful for this!). By the time August rolls around I should be mostly settled. I am looking forward to it!

Regarding the 7 day No Junk Food challenge: I am committed to eating things I love and without “dieting” during this journey. Surely I was eating too much but now I eat fast food and chocolate and cake and chips - nearly one of these each day. It has been important to me to eat the same way I will for life during this time of weight loss. So today I am challenging this team to find the balance, avoid deprivation, and continue doing what works for you.

*** I so appreciate @cyndiesstuff and am very aware we are all our own journey, just wanted to share part of mine.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nstephenson01
    Thursday
    Week 2
    PW: 168.6
    CW: 167.4
  • kirsten11872
    Options
    Hello all!

I had another successful day yesterday! I was going to make tacos, rice, beans & cabbage salad for the family for dinner last night. I went shopping right after work to buy the stuff I needed, found out my older son was working until 9:30, my hubby had to go work on some stuff and my youngest went to his friend's house to swim. All the stuff went into the fridge, I will cook everything this weekend. I wound up making a sandwich and did my workout. It was getting late, I did not workout until 8:30 pm, but I pushed myself because I knew I would regret not doing it.

I packed my food for today and I am planning on going to the gym after work. My son's best friend's father tragically passed away last week, tonight is the wake. I am going to pay my respects and head to the gym after. I really do not want to miss my workout, I have been on a good streak. Trying to keep it going!

@Mrsbell8well your pictures look awesome! Looks like a great hike and those s'mores look divine!!! I am hoping I will be on maintenance soon, hopefully by the end of the summer.

Have a wonderful day! :smiley:
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Daily check in for Wednesday
    Food didn't log, made mostly good choices
    Water 64 oz plus
    Exercise 30 minute walk and 30 min bike ride
    Steps 9,421 steps

I just have been in a slump. I do well in the morning and then Idk what happens. My weight has gone up as a result. I was thinking about it yesterday and I realized that I am not really planning anymore. It has gone to more of a to do list. I did really well when I plan my days and my food. I am starting with that today and hopefully being successful will give me the momentum I need to get back on track and be totally committed. I had a good time at dinner last night. I ate 3/4 of my meal but I think I need to take it back even more when I eat out because the servings are so big. On the plus side though, I could have eaten the whole meal and stopped. I wasn't stuffed after but I did feel pretty full. Still figuring this all out. Today I need to get some stuff done around the house. I also am hoping it isn't too hot when the tide comes in to kayak. I love doing that. It is going to be a quiet weekend too so I will have no problem staying on track. Just Mary Kate, Nicole(my oldest) and my niece Ali who is like my 6th child. Nicole and Ali like to eat healthy so I am going to plan some healthy meals for the weekend. Ok, off I go! Have a wonderful day everyone!

@carlsoda I like that question - at the end of the day how do I want to feel? That is something I need to start doing. You have really been on a roll with everything! You are truly making it a lifestyle.
    @kirsten11872 You are doing awesome! You are going to hit those goals! It is hard to fit everything into our busy lives but it is important to make ourselves a priority. Sorry about your son's friend's father. How sad(and scary to know how your life can change in an instant.)
    @barb1157 First of all, awesome loss! It is especially great that you didn't turn to food during your bad week. I hope things are better this coming week for you. Do you see anyone for your depression? We are here for you if you need anything. Hugs!
    @cyndiesstuff What a great evening you had! I am so happy you used your tools and ended up having a nice time. What a great feeling too-no guilt or beating yourself up. July 29th is my husband's birthday! You must be happy to have a date now!
    @nstephenson01 Nice loss! Your hikes are amazing and to think you do them frequently just shows what great shape you are in. You know, you may be hungrier after a hike. If you are truly hungry, eat a little more. Your body may need it. Just when I think your life is pretty cool-you say that you live in a log home! Besides the little ant problem which will be taken care of, that must be pretty awesome! Keep up the great work!
    @Moarrein Sounds like you are having a lovely vacation and doing well during it. Thanks for checking in!
    @ljdanny Nice loss! You have really been doing well and the scale is reflecting that! (you didn't post yet but I saw it on my newsfeed Lol!) . Nice to know that there is a trail by your son too. Sounds like you are having a good summer!
    @Mrsbell8well Good idea to get your Mom's treatment early so you can go on vacation. A beach vacation will be so nice for everyone. Keeping her in my prayers that she can enjoy. I love your pictures from the hike! Looks like a fun day! Did you ever hear of geocaching? Look it up, Skylynn especially may like it. I was thinking the same thing with Molly, you should do it again in a year and she will see how far she has come. The heat doesn't help either.
    @phoebe112476 I am glad that things are settling down a bit now. You had busy few months. You really have been able to take everything in stride and not let it effect your weight loss. You really are an inspiration! I am glad you are getting back to yoga. I know you loved it!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot...Today I am going to pay attention to my hunger. I don't think I am really hungry as much as I think I am. I have been eating on a schedule and my food is planned. I am just going to pay attention today and eat when I am hungry, not because it is a meal time. Hopefully I can tweek my plan and take some things out. Wish me luck Lol!
This discussion has been closed.