melissafeagins
    Loriab901
    KMD1214
    kbrad2325
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in

Food - not too bad. Did skip lunch as we were running around the cities but what I did eat was Whole30
    Water - not enough
    Exercise - 8,000 steps and yoga!

We slept in yesterday, ran around the cities, got the oil changed on my suv (going up north next Thursday to hubs uncles cabin for a few days), went to our fav consignment shop. I got a pair of Eileen Fisher Capri yoga pants made of organic cotton for 17 bucks, it is selling at Bloomingdales for 148 - score! Went to my fav grocery store, Fresh Thyme and stocked up on fruit and veg. Got some super delicious cherries too (yum!) and finished up at Trader Joe’s. I did get some plantain chips which I am pretty sure is Whole30. Just plantain, sunflower oil and salt. They are yummy! Today we were going to go to our fav state park for a hike, but after the storms on Friday some of the trails are washed out. I’m going to see if it is still worth it to go or find another state park. Need to get some good steps in today!

@Mrsbell8well - love your plans and Molly’s too. Good job inspiring her!
    @amsandos - I think you did a good job considering everything that was being offered! Journal it, think about it and move on! I remember when I went to the Twins game and was invited by the Canadian Consulate all the food and booze that was there, I also ran into trouble because I was hungry and there wasn’t the best of choices. You just do your best and move on. (I did have two big cookies and enjoyed them) 😁

Have a wonderful day!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    ATTN HOME SCHOOL AND CLASSROOM TEACHERS
    I HAVE A MATCHING SET OF A TEACHER PLAN BOOK AND RECORD/GRADE BOOK
    THEY ARE BRAND SPANKING NEW AND WERE CREATED BY TEACHERS CREATED RESOURCE
    PLAN BOOK...TCR 2093
    RECORD/GRADE BOOK..... TCR 2119

I AM SELLING THEM FOR $15 FOR THE PAIR... I HAVE 2 OF EACH
    FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.. LET ME KNOW IF YOUR INTERESTED IN THEM
    HOME SCHOOL TEACHERS THEY ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU ALSO
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    User ID: DananaNanas
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 140.2
    Current weight: 141

Hey y’all sorry I’m late. Weigh in is actually from Wednesday before we headed out to Chicago for a long weekend. We’re driving back now and looking at my phone makes me carsick soooo I’ll be back with a proper update hopefully later tonight.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff yes it was incredibly hot the last few days and I don’t have air conditioning in my house other than a window a/c unit in my bedroom. I was taking long drives in my new car and visiting with family and friends who have a/c haha!! Normally my house isn’t too bad but those last few days were crazy. Then I got stuck in those torrential downpours in Detroit yesterday when we went to Eastern Market with my brother. That was the craziest amount of rain I’ve ever seen. It actually flooded I-75!!! Very scary driving through that!!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Weekly Recap
    Steps: Goal was 90,000/week; finished the week with 105,868
    Food: Two vegetarian dinners was my plan but only 1 because of the tardy notary
    Exercise: Goal was to do two long hikes and 2 yoga classes – yep, two 8 mile hikes and 2 yoga classes

I didn’t persevere through a couple of minor situations that really shouldn’t have gotten me off track. @mrsbell8well is in the back of my head. She consistently navigates life successfully. So for this week my food and exercise plan is in place… This week I'll put my plan first. No more holidays… no more excuses. Two weeks until I fly to PA to see hubby and 4 pounds to meet goal.

Off track with my sleep also so that’s being added to my weekly goal. No food or drink 2 hours and no tablet/cell phone use 1 hour before bedtime and stick to a consistent bed time. Last night was a struggle but did pretty well and slept somewhat better last night. Now to continue it.

Get those goals in place! Make it a great week Team Weight No More!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    HELLO ALL! Team WaistAways challenges all of F2F for Week 2:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10753411/week-2-challenge-from-team-waistaways-declutter-and-lose/p1?new=1

come on and check it out!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Couldn't weigh in today, my scale died and I have no batteries, I'll try to get some tomorrow!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 thanks for the praise. I spent 2 days eating what I wanted when I wanted. Not bad but not the best. And definitely too much salt. Yesterday and today I regrouped. No salt. And skipped dinner both nights. This is not easy. I weighed on Saturday morning and was up enough to reign it all back in. I’m determined to nail Wednesday’s weigh in at my 1 year mark.
    I’m wanting watermelon and spaghetti and dinner right now. I don’t like being on a diet. It’s frustrating. But I agree with @Moarrein it’s the maintenance that now becomes the bigger challenge. But I’m 100% convinced I can do it! I just challenged my daughter and her boyfriend to a 1 year challenge. The 3 of them all need to lose about 20 pounds or some maybe a little more. It’s exciting to be getting healthy as a family.
    Went shopping today and bought organic produce. Doing juicing again for the next few days.
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    User ID: amsandos
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 141
    Current weight: 137

daily checkin in

I spent most of yesterday sleeping I managed to stick to my calorie allowance. This loss is really surprising it just goes to show how much I am eating between meals. yesterday I picked up some grapes remembered my pact and put them down again.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Saturday and Sunday
    Food on track
    Water lots
    Exercise 30 minute walk, hedge trimming, gardening, grass mowing, helped get farmer unstuck from the muck
    Steps 12783

sorry for the no show yesterday. it started with coffee on the porch and was nonstop all day. food plan made, grocery shopping done, prep work done, mailbox fixed, dead bush pulled, gardens weeded, trenches dug (with farm equipment, not by hand) and got a load of dirt from the farm with the back hoe and brought it to the veggie garden. in the fall, when harvest is done, we will spread it. we are hoping to raise the garden enough so it does not flood again. and finally, i worked more with my neighbor on her rock garden. it is going to be so nice when it is done. may not be done till next year but it will be beautiful.

@carlsoda mother nature sure can be unpredictable. we were watering and all of a sudden out of one big cloud, it started pouring. it rained for about 15 minutes and then the cloud moved on and the sun came back out. apparently mother nature said i had done enough and took over watering for me! life is beautiful. play in the rain.

@ljdanny oh yeah! nice walk girl.

@kirsten11872 ohhh man. thats tough. it sounds like you need to do some serious reflection on what is working and what is not. i know how hard this is.... we all do... now no beating yourself up, just make a new plan and continue on your path. you can do this.

@Moarrein you are learning so much. and your right meal planning is imperative to a successful lifestyle.

@nstephenson01 making homemade hummus is not that hard and it is so much better for you. look up a recipe and tweek it to your liking. your doing awesome. and how dare she take your healthy you time. what was she thinking? doesn't she know that there are other people in this world besides her? hmmmm.... lol.

i will catch up more when i get to work! get moving people. activity works!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    My daughter always tells me she doesn’t like running. But she has been running the last few months and done 2 5ks with me recently. She decided to do a 1/2 marathon. She ran one about 5 years ago.
    Now I’m conflicted. She wants my support and would love to have me do it with her October 13th.
    I still want to do the 36 mile bike ride with Molly October 7th. I could use Hal Higdons training program. It’s 3 days running and 2 days biking.
    You athletes out there...what do you think?
    I have done a triathlon before so I know the time and energy this takes although it is a different situation.
    Pros... it would be a great way to burn fat, build muscle and to support my maintenance goals. I would be working out with Molly and Robin. I like adding the cross training of the bike.
    Cons...the 1/2 marathon is a big time commitment. I would be doing most of my training solo. Maybe long runs with Robin every other Sunday. My Saturdays would be long bike riding and Sundays long runs. We’re all excited about hiking. We just bought Robin hiking shoes for her birthday. How would I fit in hikes? Do I wait until the fall to really hike?
    I love a challenge and this really intrigues me. But I also want to be smart and healthy. Since I will be in maintenance I like the thought of more calories to fuel these work outs. If I do this my training will need to begin this week. 14 week countdown begins today. I am definitely doing the bike and plan to still run 3 days a week. The half M would cause me to run more miles than I had planned. Right now I’m running 3 days with 5 miles every other weekend.
    Any thoughts?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @amsandos great job!!! Your persistence has paid off. How many more pounds do you have left?
    @cyndiesstuff glad you had a good weekend. It’s amazing how much you get done. And you and Jim are always so generous with your time.
    @lennoncpa we used to live in a house w no AC. On unbearable nights we would sleep outside under the Summer stars. Glad your surviving.
    @carlsoda I loved hearing about your day. It sounds like my kind of perfect day. Great score on the Capri pants. Can you post a pic?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @jedaschultz wow great job!!! What did you do differently?
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Back at work and got some important stuff taken care of first before logging on. Getting my work problem solved..I think..we have a conference call with them at 11:30. Which me luck!!

Yesterday was a pretty good day.

Food - on track
    Water - plenty
    Exercise - 10,000+ steps (hiking but heat took it out of me and didn't do as much as I wanted) plus yoga at home

Today's plan is written down including T-bone steak tonight (yum!!) plus 10,000 steps and more yoga.

I am loving seeing on the incredible losses!! You are all doing great!

Have a successful Monday!

• amsandos
    Options
    Daily checkin
    food over but still in the weight loss zone
    water on target
    exercise 50 min swim

I had to go into town to conclude my bank business from the weekend. I was so hungry. I had curry for when I got back but I couldn't wait so I ate sushi on the run. I was sooooo hungry all day. I think I need to eat more protein and less carbs to keep me feeling fuller for longer.

@sleepmom5 and @carlsoda stuck to my pact today. There was cake EVERYWHERE at work today. I took some home for dessert tomorrow when I have calories and I can eat it as part of a meal. How are you doing?

@Mrsbell8well

To answer your question I am looking to get to 130 maybe to 124. I haven't decided exactly I want to see how I feel when I get there. i have been bobbing around 137 for the last 2 months. I have been lackadaisical Not anymore.

Regarding your half marathon query. I have to say I have never regretted doing a race even when I came last. Some of my triathlon coaches say you can train for a run on the bike. i am going to test this theory in this training block. If I were you I would find a duathlon training plan on line and follow that. If you have good cardio vascular health you should be able to tackle a hike. The most important question is to you want to do it and can you fit it in with everything life is giving you at the moment. If the answer is yes then you can make it happen if you are luke warm then you will just be making yourself miserable and probably won't do it because you don't have the commitment.
  • amsandos
    Options
    @mrsbell8 scratch what I said about a training plan it sounds like you have one. If you are going it with your daughter it would be good for both of you and bonding and you can encourage each other.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @amsandos thanks for your input. I am leaning towards doing it. I am going to start the training this week. We just got our bikes back from the shop. I’m nervous and very excited. I will give it a month then decide if it makes sense to sign up for the half.
This discussion has been closed.