Options

Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    vxbof2bp9432.jpeg
    Happy 4th of July!!

Daily check in for Tuesday
    Food logged and under (did eat an unplanned snack but stopped)
    Water 106 oz
    Exercise 30 minute walk and 50 min bike ride
    Steps 9000

Daily check in for Wednesday
    Food not logged but ok, drank more than I should have
    Water not enough
    Exercise None but because I think I did too much Tuesday
    Steps 7289

I took a lot of time with my responses below so not a lot of time to write this am. Quiet July 4th planned but we are having a lot of guests down for the weekend. They will be arriving early Friday since no one is working. I am prepared for that and have a plan but I was planning to go to lunch yesterday and it turned into an afternoon drinking event. I did drink water in between and with my drinks but I drank more than I should have. Right back at it today. I am not sure about my exercises today, my hip isn't feeling that great. I think it might have been because I was on a good routine with the medication and I tried to take it back a little because I was feeling good on it. It is either from that or because I did too much the past few days. So I will just get some short walks in with Daisy and try to get steps in throughout the day. Mk also is working today but hurt her hand Monday night under suspicious circumstances and didn't say anything to me until this morning. She even went out last night but today it is swollen and bruised so I am taking her to urgent care between her two jobs. It would have been easier if she said something after it happened. She is also being a little shady with how it happened. I am sure drinking was involved which she is on a lot of meds for anxiety so even though she is underage, she still shouldn't be drinking. Oh well...like @Mrsbell8well posted a few day is so true. We still have to make ourselves a priority no matter what is going on in our lives. Have a nice day everyone!

@Cafelelia You can stay on for July and have two excused weigh ins. Let me know what you want to do.
    @phoebe112476 Nice loss! Glad the scale ended up just being batteries. Enjoy your trip! You have had such a busy few weeks so I am glad you are getting some fun in!
    @julie8468 You may not be doing as well as you like but you really are doing well. You are putting thought into what you are doing and checking in every day. I actually have done the same and went to bed when I got and urge to eat and its late. Hang in there!
    @lennoncpa I also like how our team is all over the world but we still all share similar struggles. I don't think I knew you had your hips replaced. It is awesome that they work so well now! You are such an active lady!
    @amsandos As you already know, I am in for the pact! I do love how you are giving yourself credit for the good things you are doing, that is so important. I really have an over eating issue that I am dealing with too. I agree, although it is better to overeat on healthy things, overeating itself isn't good. I thought it was funny you overate cherries- I actually didn't buy cherries when I was grocery shopping for that reason. Lol! How exciting that you are going to the Who!! Wow! Lucky girl! I used to get all depressed and worry about the food situation at fun events but I really think with planning you can still have an awesome night. I know you won't really know until you are there what will be on the menu but make a plan of how much you are going to have or do the 3/4 like I am doing. Get everything you want and eat 3/4 of it. You can do this!
    @Mrsbell8well Awesome job hitting goal! I am so excited for you!! You're right, you don't have to be perfect, just healthy from now on! Love your race pics-what a cute little team and you look amazing! Enjoy your vacation!!
    @cyndiesstuff You're right. We all have to be our best selfs no matter our circumstances. I love the post with enjoying your favorite food in moderation. I had too many times that I was restrictive and it backfired. I am glad you have some time off. Enjoy!
    @nstephenson01 Nice loss! Wow! Already 1/2 way to your step goal for the week! That is awesome!
    @phoebe112476 Nice loss! Glad the scale ended up just being batteries. Enjoy your trip! You have had such a busy few weeks so I am glad you are getting some fun in!
    @julie8468 You may not be doing as well as you like but you really are doing well. You are putting thought into what you are doing and checking in every day. I actually have done the same and went to bed when I got and urge to eat and its late. Hang in there!
    @lennoncpa I also like how our team is all over the world but we still all share similar struggles. I don't think I knew you had your hips replaced. It is awesome that they work so well now! You are such an active lady!
    @amsandos As you already know, I am in for the pact! I do love how you are giving yourself credit for the good things you are doing, that is so important. I really have an over eating issue that I am dealing with too. I agree, although it is better to overeat on healthy things, overeating itself isn't good. I thought it was funny you overate cherries- I actually didn't buy cherries when I was grocery shopping for that reason. Lol!
    @cyndiesstuff You're right. We all have to be our best selfs no matter our circumstances.
    @nstephenson01 Nice loss this week! You have been working hard and I am impressed you are already 1/2 way to your step goal for the week! That is awesome!
    @carlsoda You are doing great! Sounds like you had a nice dinner with your family and have a nice couple of days planned. Enjoy!! Btw-I am glad the sugar cravings are gone, that whole 30 is an awesome eating plan!
    @Barbb1557 Nice loss! Sounds like you kick butt at the gym too! I think they may have given us the wrong starting weigh in. They have you at 256 for starting but I am assuming you are at 156? I just want to be sure before I ask them to change it.
    @gottagetthisdown I am not sure how much you should be drinking but that sounds like a good plan. I actually heard it is different for everyone, we all should be drinking until our pee is a pale yellow color.
    @carlsoda and @nstephenson01 Bears weren't even on my radar on @nstephenson01's hikes! Yikes! Sounds like you know what you are doing though thank goodness!
    @Moarrein Sounds like a good two days for you! Good job with no snacking but if you are truly hungry, sometimes you can have one. Keep on doing what you are doing!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Wednesday
    Food: Logged, over
    Water: Good
    Exercise & steps: quick dog walk; 11,458 steps

Yesterday's short walk got a little shorter as lightening and thunder were a little too close for comfort. Good thing we turned around when we did as the sky opened up and it poured just as we returned home. I love the sound of a good rain storm! My weeding project got delayed and the lazies settled in and then the munchies. I was starving for some reason so ate more during the day than planned. Spent some time during the storm working on the banking and dug out the external hard drive to back up my Quicken file. Photos are archived on that drive also and I started looking at old pics of happier times with my friend in California that's very ill. We looked so young without a care in the world. Made me melancholy. Then this morning I got a text that she is back in the hospital. Guess unknowingly our cosmic connection made me look at those old photos at the same time she was getting admitted to ICU... who knows. Anyhoo... the rain stopped and I got a few chores in managing to squeak out 10,000 steps after all.

8 mile hike is in the bag... no bear sightings. LOL Today's hike went better but it was probably psychological as now I know where the 4 mile turn around spot is. Going to rest up a bit before tonight's festivities.

Sounds like a great dinner @carlsoda! You make whole30 look easy!
    Looking vivacious @Mrsbell8well!! You exude health!
    Take care of that hip @sleepymom5 so you can do the things you enjoy. Sorry about MK... kids will be kids, I guess.

Happy 4th of July to those of us in the US!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    daily check in
    food logged and under
    water on target
    going for a run later hopefully it will be a bit cooler

@mrsbell8well well done on your run that is awesome. Happy holiday I had in American group in the museum today. They had lots of fun. I made sure they gave them a special time.

I am so excited about seeing the Who I am so lucky. I have been on the internet and chosen my dinner tomorrow. A nice chicken flatbread.

@sleepymom5 and @carlsoda. How are you doing with breaking your habits? I managed another day but I was so hungry in the afternoon this time. I had pasta salad for lunch instead of sandwiches. I wonder if that makes a difference. What is interesting is that I have found it easy to stick to my calorie allowance and even had cake for dessert. it is interesting to note how many calories I have been consuming through eating between meals. I have had my tea and I am currently still feeling hungry but I have had my dinner now and done my logging so tough. Hunger is my weight loss superpower and self discipline is love. It is not like am not starving myself just re calibrating my consumption. I will have to make sure that I have a big breakfast tomorrow.

5 things I did right today.
    took water into class
    stick to my plan
    made healthy choices
    had a healthy breakfast
    had a healthy tea.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 190
    Cw 189.6
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th!! My dog is freaking out right now from the fireworks. We had a pool party today kids were here with their friends. It was a nice day. Tomorrow will be hot again and I get the day off. My son has a Dr appointment and I have Zumba in the morning then I am sitting in the pool all day.
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    For some reason I had the impression that I had gained this week. Maybe because I check my weight more often than once a week and the scale had shown me a smaller value at some point. But I just checked the spreadsheet and it turns out I've lost a little. I love it when I lose this much every week, because I consider it a sustainable loss. If for some reason I lose more, there's always the danger of yo-yo effect.

Daily check in for Trursday
    Food - logged and under
    Water - enough
    exercise - 90+ min walking; 10 min chair exercises
    steps - 17206

Although I have some problems with late nigh snacks I think I'm doing well so far. I know it's not a healthy habit but if I'm hungry it's better to have something light then starve. I think I need to have proper dinner to prevent getting hungry before bedtime.
    Yesterday I shared a pack of late night gummy bears and a glass of red whine with hubby, to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. We had a very busy day and didn't have any time for us. So this was the only idea I could come up with.
    I also realize I have to run more often if I want to participate in races, but cannot find proper time lately. It's too hot during the day, and I'm busy with work and preparations for our vacation next week. I also have some problems at work. They started watching close how much I work and what exactly I do. Which means no more exercising during work time :(
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @Moarrein nice loss. Your really doing well. Happy anniversary.
    What’s your goal weight and how tall are you? It is hard to find time to do it all. Hang in there
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Had a really nice day yesterday. Started with 5K with family. Did some grocery shopping for Beyond plant based burgers no one wanted beef, went swimming in the pool with the kids, ate a burger, took a hot bath, and a long nap. Did yoga, ate a vegan ice cream cone, watched bachelorette, then Molly took mom and Skylynn and me to watch fireworks. Perfect day.
    I’m glad the scale is under the bed this morning. I did fine but I still want to lose 1/2-1 pound by next Wednesday.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @sleepymom5 sorry your still suffering. It’s hard when your used to being so active. Our kids always keep us hopping. We all have our little life lessons growing up. I just assured 9 year old Skylynn that it was part of being normal but to practice being normal at her moms house. She can be “perfect” when she’s with us lol.
    @nstephenson1 sorry to hear about your friend Nancy. It’s sad. Great job with your hike. Sounds like your back in action. I remember days when I was famished too. For some odd reason that doesn’t happen much anymore. I try to eat a lot at lunch and 1-2 snacks during the day. Light dinner or sometimes I skip it. And I try to stay nourished and hydrated to avoid that feeling. And sometimes I just sit with that hungry feeling to see what that feels like. Sounds like you handled it well. And great loss this week. Congrats!
    @amsandos good way to be smart and plan ahead. Your really doing great. I love reading your insights as you navigate your fitness goals.
    @ljdanny welcome to the 80’s! Enjoy your pool time!
    @phoebe112476 my goodness you have certainly had some busy exciting months. Are you still dating the person you were telling us about? I’m so happy for you that you sold your home. You deserve this much needed fun time. Great job on your weight loss journey.
    @lennoncpa I too love that we have formed this connection with friends around the world.
    @barbb1557 your fitness routine is so inspiring!
    @carlsoda glad your whole 30 is going well. I was always a sugar girl and love to bake. I gave up sugar in October but now I still love to create desserts with maple syrup or dates. It’s still sweet but I think it’s better for me and better tasting.
    Good luck! I know you were successful before.
    @cyndiesstuff I did the whole name change too! I know your still in pain. Just keep hanging in there. What are you doing today?

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ahh I’m creeping up... panicking a little, but helps that I know what’s happening. I need to get my schedule in order and plan better meals. Still not getting to gym, last time was Sunday. Our summer schedule is very erratic, and work is very busy as there are deadlines everyday, and won’t let up this time of year. Have to go to Montreal again next week, I have to train a new team member. All facts, now I need to figure out how to do better at managing me.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Week 1
    Friday
    pw: 164.4
    CW: 164.9
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Had a good day yesterday. Saw Toy Story 4 with family then a cookout at my daughter's. Did not eat too much but probably too much salt! Storms in the area kept me away from the fireworks but the shows from NY and DC were good. I wish the rain was on my side of town. I think we got a few drops as I stepped out of the car but not enough to say I got wet!
    It has been very hot and humid here for a couple weeks so my step counts are on the low side instead of increasing but that won't last forever. I prefer hot weather to cold anyway - 100+ heat index is too hot though.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Pw 134
    Cw 134.4

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a success! 6 miles of hiking (we were exhausted by the end) and ate Whole30 perfect. I brought Applegate Farms turkey, hard boiled eggs, almonds, veggies (gallon size bag all chopped up), fruits and tessemme cilantro lime ranch. Had enough left over for supper when we get home! My calves are feeling it this morning!

@Mrsbell8well - you are so cute in your pics! Congratulations again on reaching goal!! I love baking too - my great-grandfather owned a bakery so it’s in the blood. My dad was an amazing baker too. To me it can become a slippery slope. I will have to tread carefully!
    @sleepymom5 - good luck with all the visitors. Hope you figure out what happened with MK. My daughter does shady things like that too, so I can feel for you. Kids!
    @amsandos - do you ever journal the foods you eat and how it affects you? I wonder if the pasta salad had too many carbs (which turn into sugar in your bloodstream) and not enough healthy fat and protein. Maybe that’s why a sandwich keeps you full longer? Personally for me - I have learned that grains and sugar lead to weight gain thanks to cravings. But it look years to figure that out. Journaling should help you! I started doing the 24 hour plan from PNP and assessing it at the end of the day. It can be a chore, but so worth it!
    @nstephenson01 - great job on the hike! 8 miles of hiking is very impressive!
This discussion has been closed.