I meant to post this earlier!

Also-HAPPY CANADA DAY
    I meant to post that earlier too...
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday July 1:
    Logged: yes, over but not by much
    Water: 2L at least! Very hot out today, had water with lots of ice and slices of lime
    Steps and exercise: not much, at 6,345 steps. Lounged by the pool, had family over and did laundry. Had a very nice Canada day!

@Mrsbell8well I love your post! I am going to re-write it in my journal! I love the policy of three: sleep, nutrition and exercise. I also get 100% the HALT thing, mainly get stuck in the “A” angry/anxiety/fear zone. The there is @cyndiesstuff statement which is so simple and obvious it made me laugh out loud! “When I feel like someone else is driving, it’s because they are!” I have a choice in how I react to the world around me, and need to remember that!

Green challenge for the month = 4lbs please!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    k771pju01xtl.jpeg

Monday's weigh in still due
    @jedaschultz

Tuesday's weigh in
    @phoebe112476

Wednesday's weigh in
    @Barbb1557
    @Mrsbell8well
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @Julie8468 I am actually listen to a podcast about that but I am having trouble with it sinking in. Your thoughts actually drive your feelings. Not someone else's actions. It is your thought about the action that your feelings comes from. So basically what you said, it is how we react. I am working on that too but like I said, I am having a hard time with it sometimes. Lol!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Daily log in for: Monday July 1
    Logged: yes
    Water: almost at 8!
    Exercise: went to the gym this morning and did some YouTube butt videos at home afterwards.
    Steps: 23,881

@sleepymom5 i did have the day off today, but i did a bit of work early this morning just to get it out of the way / off my mind. (it feels less like work when I’m doing it in pajamas on my couch lol!)

@Mrsbell8well great post, and you are so right - our journeys are so much more than just carrots, cottage cheese & celery sticks!

@cyndiesstuff challenge accepted - i WILL lose these 4lbs that have been hanging around the last few months! thank you for all of your support and wise words always!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Show Me the Green Challenge
    My goal is to lose 4 pounds this month.
    My plan is to get back into a regular gym routine, and to stay hydrated!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Wow @amsandos you look spectacular!!!! I love your photos.
    @twyla77 I thought you had hit your goal in this last year. Let's both hit our goals together this month.

I was thinking the other day that most of us have been right where I am today. At their goal or pretty darn close only to gain it all back and then some. We all talk about the necessity of making life style changes not just going on a diet.
    @julie8467 your recent post really got me thinking. This life of ours and our weight loss journey isn't about carrot sticks, celery and cottage cheese. It's about sisters in high drama, moms in nursing homes, old folks moving in with us, family members in tragic accidents, bodies with torn glute muscles, cheating spouses, sons with mental disorders, husbands that travel for a living, spouses that don't have the same fitness/health goals that we do, jobs that are horribly demanding, neighbors that bug us, days upon days of rain and gardens that struggle to grow, funerals, weddings, birthdays, holidays and everything else in between. What are we going to do about it??? How are we going to navigate this life of ours??? Who understands that it isn't how many calories I consume...it's about my everyday life and my everyday choices.
    Today I choose me! I have a policy that I put 3 things as a priority above everything else that goes on in my life. I sleep, I take time to eat nutritious foods, and I exercise. These 3 focus areas when they are nurtured, help me to navigate anything and everything else that comes my way. I have spent the last 358 days caring about me and it shows.
    Who understands??? My team members understand. You have been here in my shoes. You either have lived what I am going through or have lived life enough to completely understand. It has made all the difference in the world to me. I owe my bikini body to each and everyone of you on this team that has been here for me through all my many life challenges and successes. Thank you!!!

Love you post....interesting I recognized a bunch of us in your post 😁 but you are right, there is so much more to this than cico, it’s about understanding us, learning our triggers and how to stop them or keep them under control! I love this group!
  • Moarrein
    Moarrein Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    @Moarrein you have been a great addition to our team. your momentum to get this done is truly praise worthy. and just the fact of knowing that you have to translate everything on this thread is a testament to your commitment. do the daily planning thing! I love it. how did you do on the chair exercises?

Thanks for asking about the chair exercises! I had totally forgotten about them until I read your comment. The ones I did were interesting and I did them on the edge of my bed. And I intend to try them all. Since I currently work from home I have the opportunity of doing any body-weight and yoga exercises. Yet I hope to memorize some of the chair ones to use them in case I'm not at home. For example when I'm waiting for my boy to finish swimming ;)
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    I usually check in now but I need to get moving this morning. I have a 3 hour window in the afternoon that I am waiting to get screens so I am going to get on here then when I can spend time and not be rushed. Hoping to get exercise in early as it is going to be a hot one today! Have a great day everyone!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Whole30 was a success - only 29 more days (LOL!!) I'd actually like to make this a forever lifestyle with occasional joy foods added in without it taking control of my brain!

Today's 24 hour plan is written down:

12,000+ steps
    More yoga - focus this month is quads, hamstrings and calves - they are beyond tight all the time.
    Food all on plan!

@McKay85 - good job completing Hot Yoga!! I could never do it. I love heat but if it's too intense I feel like fainting. I much prefer my air conditioned yoga :)

@cyndiesstuff - more chair yoga for me today. It's great to do some seated twists to keep the back limber. You also have a great plan for today! Do you know when you'll be starting your new job?

Have a wonderful day everyone! Make today count!!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @amsandos wowoo!! you look fierce in those pics. thanks for sharing. what a great accomplishment! good job on that self care! look out dustbin, here comes some cake!! lol. "It's not for you!!" you got this.

@Mrsbell8well i love love love your post. you speak such lovely words and true too. and today, i choose me as well. this is all about me. i am no longer gonna wait for someone else. i am going to do this! and you girl are my inspiration!! keep that s*** up! you look amazing!!

@Barbb1557 well hello barb!! i am so glad you are here with us. and your goals for july are a great place to start. make one of your goals to come here every day as well. you get out of this what you put into it. we are all here to support and when needed give some tough love. so welcome!

@sleepymom5 ohhh girl! you have become a great co-captain! i am glad we are all in this together.

@Julie8468 you are right. you are in charge of your feelings. you get to choose. first there is a fact ( that you cannot change) and then you have a feeling about that fact (which you have total control over) and then that feeling causes an action. the only thing we can change is our feelings. that is where our control is at. the facts will always remain the same!!

@twyla77 lol a butt video! get those glutes moving girl!! we are going to do this! lets get jazzy in July!

@jedaschultz ohhh man. that is just a small gain. what will you do this week to change the momentum? what is your next best step?

@McKay85 yayayayay you. that is wonderful. 65 minutes of hot yoga. you are a rock star. make sure to drink lots of water!! that is a heck of a workout!! how did it make you feel emotionally when you were done? Accomplished? strong willed? put it into words and right it down. put it on the frig for the world to see. be super proud that you are doing what it takes to create the new Mikaila!! look at her go! nice NSV

@Moarrein sometimes it is important to get "all dolled up". makes a lady feel good. why did it make you stressed to leave the window open. the fact was you left the window open, you cant change that, how you felt about it was totally in your control, the action your feelings produced was to have some beer. so if you would have changed your feelings. like maybe, say, "at least it didn't rain!" and be happy, instead of stressed. and then instead of stress drinking you may have happy danced!! our feelings are powerful words we say to ourselves and if they are not serving us, why believe them?

@carlsoda good job on your first day of the whole 30! love your 24 hour plan. you keep working it sister!! and smile, it looks good on you. and i am not sure when i will start my new job yet. waiting for the drug screen to come back and then home office will call me and we will make a plan.

• jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

I saw that my weight was incorrect on the spreadsheet for this week. My current weight is 204.8, 205.2 was last week’s weight.
    Thanks

Name: jedaschultz
    Day: Monday
    Week: 1
    Current weight: 204.8
    Previous weight : 205.2
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Working with my boss today and tomorrow then vacation!!! Hurrah. More later. Did an early morning run 59 degrees. Sweet!
This discussion has been closed.