WEIGHT NO MORE TEAM CHAT - JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Monday check in... sorry, late hopefully have more time tomorrow
    Food: Ok. pre-logged most but guessing that extra glass of wine probably put me over
    Water: Great!
    Exercise: Yoga class, 6676 steps

For this month I've set a weekly step goal instead of my usual daily goal. So some days will be low like yesterday.

Will catch up with everyone tomorrow!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit14 I think if your counselor thinks you need to go to rehab and if you are having urges to OD you should go to go to rehab. I hope you are with someone tonight. I am sure you can call someone now and go. You have a great support system, why don't you listen to them and get help. Sending Hugs and Prayers.
    @nstephenson01 I like the idea of a weekly goal. You do such long hikes I am sure that it will all even out. Have a good night!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    espl8ghug5py.jpeg
    Is it Wednesday already?

Tuesday's weigh in still due
    @phoebe112476

Wednesday's Weigh Ins
    @Barbb1557
    @Mrsbell8well

Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @Ljdanny
    @Nstephenson01
    @Cyndiesstuff
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit14 I agree with @sleepymom5 -> Rehab is good! There is much strength in asking for help, make sure you are not alone, and tell them how you are feeling. You are a strong woman, and can do this! Rehab is there as a tool for you to use. If you struggle, go. This is for you!!
  • Julie8468
    Julie8468 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Check in for July 2nd:
    Food logged: yes, over (supper was too late and way over calories expected - what I though was ground turkey ended up being ground pork, good but not when comparing calories!)
    Water: good, about 1.5 L
    Exercise and steps: low again, worked until 6pm, then home, made dinner, ate late, etc.. etc..

Working through “the facts” happening today, trying to control emotions again this evening and how I feel about the “facts”. Going to bed early to remove temptation to eat it all away..
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Finally seem to have fixed the scale issue (after new batteries). A few days home and some unpacking but now off to stay with family for the 4th of July holiday. Looking forward to it - but also coming home and being able to stay more than a few days.

I have been extra hungry today. Not sure why. Ate two snacks at bedtime because stomach was grumbling so much even after ten minutes. Hopefully will be back to normal appetite tomorrow.
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Who would like a hand breaking a long standing habit? I have had an idea. I want to stop eating between meals. I want to make an accountability pact with someone else trying to break a habit in July and inject some fun into it as well. The idea, I have had is that we check in every day let each other know how we are going by tagging each other. If we get to the end of the month without going back to our old habit we send each other something fun through the post. Costing no more than £5ukp or $5usd. A little gift, not food and something that will go through the post. We can use work address to avoid personal details. Would anyone like to do this with me? Tag me in your post or dm me. (Although I have a feeling you can only dm me if we are friends).

I have figured out that my meals are good I just graze too much in between and it is scuppering my weight loss. I ate a massive tub of cherries yesterday all off plan. While cherries aren't the worst thing to over indulge in overindulging in general is not a good thing. I just love eating and eating between meals is something I have been in denial about but it is clear to me that this is going to be a major weight loss nut for me to crack.

Daily check in
    food logged and over
    water yes but not measured
    exercise 50 min easy bike

5 things I did right
    1 stayed of the sugar
    2 drank lots
    3 got on my bike
    4 planned
    5 logged

today's intention - eat 3 square meals, have fun at work, drink water

@CassieGetsFit2013 I can not imagine how hard it is to live with a condition that makes you feel this way. Personally I have had short bouts of feeling suicidal and it was the people who loved me have always pulled me through. Get the help you need to help you work through this. Anything that can get to you to a place where you can say yes to life and feel good about saying yes.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Tuesday
    Food on track
    Water 60 oz
    Exercise chair cardio
    Steps 15792

What's a good day yesterday. A on track. Followed my 24-hour plan. Drink my water got my steps in did my exercise. Good day. My boss decided yesterday that he was leaving at noon and wouldn't be back till Monday. Oh I can't wait to be gone from him. Hopefully the new guys better. A lot of things have been changing in my life. I'm working on building the new me. So far I like her. She gets up early, get stuff done. And is active regardless of the pain. When the onset of pain first started. It took me a long time to adjust. For years I searched for answers. Doctors would tell me what they thought it was. Said they could fix me. And here I am today still in the same pain. It's been 9 years. Took me a long time to adjust. But I think I finally I have it in my mind that I have to learn how to continue to live my life with the pain. So when I'm asked these days how I feel I say I feel great. What choice do I have? The fact is I have a chronic pain condition that cannot be cured. How I choose to feel about that it's totally up to me. In the beginning and for years I felt abandoned, sad, angry, defeated. And what that produced was a Cindy that weighed 197 lb and still had pain anyways. So I can't change the fact that I have pain daily. So I changed the way that I feel about the pain. As long as I'm able to get up and move around I'm okay. I have good days and I have bad days. Just like everybody else. my chronic pain doesn't make me special. I still have to move my body in spite of. And I just decided that if I have to do this anyways I can be happy about it. I've got a great new job, I've got a great new husband and I got my old dog Mack. What more could a girl ask for? I'll catch up with everybody later I've got to go exercise.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia I have been meaning to say how excited I am for you and your family vacation. I’m so glad your staying on our team this month. Molly and I are planning a trip to Scotland someday. Or we may just get that RV and travel. Nice to have options.

I have really been wanting to go on a juice cleanse. The old me was a definite all or nothing girl. I don’t have a clear week until mid July. But this time I decided to modify. I did some juicing and cleansing Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I did what I could with fresh green juices in the morning. And most of the days but an oatmeal blackberry bar on Sunday night, steamed spinach and brown rice Monday night and a salad with some beans, rice and avocado yesterday and a smoothie for dinner. It wasn’t what I wanted. Not perfect but turns out I don’t need perfect anymore.
    I finished the evening with a 40 minute strength yoga last night. My boss was in town but I avoided going out to lunch and told him about my goal. He was very supportive.
    Today We’re having Mexican food for lunch for my team. They make vegan beans and rice and I will bring my own salad from home.
    This is an exciting whole new life. I will celebrate next Wednesday at my 1 year.

Newbies welcome!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    zuibr2rerryo.jpg

@Mrsbell8well i am so happy for you. doing the happy dance in the rain. neighbors think im nuts but i don't care. you did it. wowow look at the new angelina you have build. i want to see your chart all colored in. take a pic girl! lets celebrate! ohhhh get some sparklers! the 4th of july has never felt better.

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Tuesday
    Food: Ate as planned; made the 1st of 2 planned vegetarian dinners/week
    Water: Great
    Exercise & Steps: 8 mile hike; 23,694 steps

My plan is 2 -3 long hikes per week to increase my endurance. Yesterday was the first one and it kicked my butt LOL but I did it! I'm already more than half way to my weekly goal of 90,000 steps! Today is short walk day and, since we had a much needed rain shower last night, it'll be a good day to tackle some weeds. Also need to make my potluck dish for tomorrow's neighborhood 4th of July party as its one of those that's better the next day. Better get busy before more rain arrives. Wishing everyone a great day!

Congratulations @Mrsbell8well! You're a rock star!!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    When you don't go to find cake but the cake finds you! Don't worry it is not for me.
This discussion has been closed.