• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Congratulations to our 3 top losers this week:
    @zlauerMom
    @Perla4686
    @Terytha

Thanks for being our shining examples for the week!

And I think it is important to recognize those who have lost EVERY WEEK so far this month:
    @Andreabroadley
    @reflectionofme
    @zlauerMom
    @Perla4686
    @evangsimmons170
    @Terytha

Consistency, Consistency - what we are all striving for, you have nailed this month. The losses might not be as big as you might like (don't we all love the instant gratification) but they are there every single week. Keep on going, and there will be big losses over time. YES!

Thank you, I needed that! (Struggling to get back on)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,212 Member
    Options
    MORE UPDATES!

The Green July Challenge. We have 21 participants (out of a team of 29!), and 2 more weigh-ins to go. Some of those are tomorrow, and @Andreabroadley already weighed in today, so there are NOT really 2 weeks to go. Here is where everyone stands:

@Andreabroadley 3 pledged, already lost 3.7!
    @Flawless_K 5 pledged, 4.6 left to lose
    @Juliemargaretkim 7.5 pledged, 6.5 left to lose
    @zlauerMom 5 pledged, already lost 5.9!
    @Fourathomej 2 pledged, 1.7 left to lose
    @karenesg 4 pledged, 3.4 left to lose
    @offitgoes 5 pledged, 7 to lose
    @Cory 17 5 pledged, 4.2 left to lose
    @jugar 2 pledged, 2.5 to lose
    @AmyRobF 4 pledged, 2 left to lose
    @kx7003 3 pledged, 7.7 to lose
    @martinesther88 2 pledged, 1.2 left to lose
    @Perla4686 5 pledged, already lost 6!
    @tigrib 8 pledged, 5.4 left to lose
    @BMcC9 3 pledged, 1.2 left to lose
    @evangsimmons170 7 pledged, 7 lost!
    @matthewsfive 6 pledged, 4.2 left to lose
    @Micki48 3 pledged, 3.9 to lose
    @Terytha 6 pledged, 1 left to lose
    @SueSueDio 2 pledged, 2.5 to lose
    @Loriab901 3 pledged, 0.8 left to lose

Good progress in general - but there is only until your final weigh-in during the week of July 28 - August 3rd to get there. If you have more than 3 pounds left, you might want to revise your pledge. In any case, most of us still have some serious progress to make. And make it we will, right? B) Even if we don't quite get there, we'll make progress.

Join the Week 4 Challenge from the Workout Warriors - that might help to keep on track and make those goals!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10755380/week-four-group-challenge-from-the-workout-warriors/p1?new=1

Renew your commitment ( I know I am...) and see how well we can finish this month in the GREEN and get back into the top 3. We were really on a roll for a few weeks there, and we can do it again!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot about the weigh in on August 3!!!! I was thinking July 27 was my last Saturday weigh in!!!!! Woo hoo. That's great!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @Perla4686 5 pledged, already lost 6!

Happy to increase my pledge to 8 lbs.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    I did the 5 minutes bike thing again ... A total of ~300 exercise calories burned ... but very few additional Fitbit recorded steps. I guess I am going to have to work on doing both! ( NEAT steps and cumulative 5 minutes sets on the bike.)

And our bird died tonight. A cockatiel probably going on 30 years old . Technically he is my BIL's bird that we we gave house ròom to ... for about 22 years.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So sorry I'm late with my weigh in. I had such a rough week, hubby decided to take me to Santa Barbara for the weekend. No real change in the number but wanted to post anyway.

Username: leni1us
    Week: July Week 3
    Weigh in Day, Friday
    PW: 166.8
    CW: 166.6
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    PW: 185.1
    CW: 185.5

July 15- 13,762
    July 16- 4,950
    July 17- 4,432
    July 18- 4,008
    July 19- 8,869
    July 20- 5,095
    July 21- 10,172
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 130.5
    CW: 130.4

• jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @jugar is my name still in for the steps? if so Sunday steps were12,697
  • jugar
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    @jugar is my name still in for the steps? if so Sunday steps were12,697

You had not been reporting them recently, but I'll add you back in! You can just keep going from this week (Sunday onwards) or give me any previous weeks you want. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    Tdrjustus3
    Monday
    Week 4
    PW: 282.6
    CW: 286.0

It’s official! I have gained most of the weight I lost (20 out of 30). I gave myself 1 year to focus on my weight and health or I was going to get a consult for weight loss surgery. I spent yesterday meal prepping for the week. I plan to walk after work today to reach my 10,000 step goal. I have a little over 4 months to change my bad habits for good. I can do this!!!!

OK! This is official too -- SO good to see you posting, weighing in on the due date ;) and ready to really DO this! The more you can get in here to take advantage of the team support and accountability, the better. Do the group challenges. Share your food diary. Whatever it takes to keep on the good ol' straight and narrow - go for it. Please let me know if you need anything - change weigh-in day, get on stepping team, etc. You got this and we've got your back!
  • jugar
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    So sorry I'm late with my weigh in. I had such a rough week, hubby decided to take me to Santa Barbara for the weekend. No real change in the number but wanted to post anyway.

Username: leni1us
    Week: July Week 3
    Weigh in Day, Friday
    PW: 166.8
    CW: 166.6

Heck. My weigh-in would be late too if my hubby took me on a weekend trip! Hope it was fun B)
  • jugar
    edited July 2019
    Options
    2ay3jwz4xuql.jpg
    Working on the Steps reports! Finally ready for week 2 - see below!
    BUT can't finish week 3 without some updates - too many empty spots where numbers belong! Big, small, whatever you've got - send 'em in.
    @mari_moulin @BMcC9 (from Wednesday on) @visiri (Friday and Saturday) @Blackbeautysue (Thursday - Saturday) @zlauerMom just July 14th missing @jlbtnc if you want to back up to last week, go for it!

cl2pv7gafql5.png
    WEEK 2! 9 people boldly took 736,523 steps through heatwaves, thunderstorms, malls, and forests!
    That's something like 589 km or 353.5 miles. You could have stepped a relay race from Edmonton to Calgary and back again. With some distance to spare to go visit our Edmonton people.

Top 3 steppers for Week 2:
    @mari_moulin with 139,345 steps = 111.5 km = 66.9 miles. Go Mari!!
    @fourathomej with 98,757 steps = 79 km = 47.4 miles. Striding out!
    @Blackbeautysue with 86,594 steps = 69.3 km = 41.6 miles. WOW!
    Others were close behind, with everyone on the team doing more than 51,000 steps for the week. BRAVO!
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    PW - 130.9
    CW - 129.8

Remember when I said I would be happy with even 129.9? Well, I'm ECSTATIC with 129.8!!!

Feels good to be back in the 120's, even though I know I'm still very very close to those 130's! LOL!

We are on vacation for a couple of weeks, so hopefully this challenge will keep be from binging on pie every night! We are doing so much walking (brought the pup with us! She loves to swim!!) and swimming, and the days are hot and we are just laying low with piles of books. It's a wonderful way to go into August.

However, @jugar is suggesting that some of us may need to (ahem!) revise our green challenges -- and that includes me. Sadly, I doubt I'm making those 7.5 pounds. Should we revise to 4 lbs.? What say you? :smile:
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    @jugar Can I join the step team? What do I need to do?
This discussion has been closed.