CW 211.0
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Saturday 3, Terytha checking in.

PW: 238.4
    CW: 235.8

A good week, illness aside. :)
    It's pouring rain once again, and we're going to talk to the dealership about a new car maybe. I have no confidence I can qualify for a car loan, but hey, it's still fun to test drive cars I can't afford.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    YAY! @Terytha and @matthewsfive - you have put us over into the green for the week. Not sure we'll stay there, but it is encouraging. Well done, both!

Testing cars is a blast. Paying for them, not so much. Enjoy the fun part!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @jugar funny story, it turns out that I buy so many cars I get frequent buyer perks and discounts and the finance manager, who remembers me, is making sure I can get a loan.

So I guess I've bought a new car. XD

It's very funny to me. I'm not rich, not even close, I just keep trading in cars, and I come here cuz I like how chill they are.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN:

Username = @evangsimmons170
    Week = July Week 3
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (7/20/19)
    PW = 337.2
    CW = 336.6

**Green Challenge Goal for July = 10 lbs lost
    SW for the Green Challenge = 343.6

Hi gang! I've missed you all! It's been a crazy busy week for me. My summer break from work has ended, and I returned to work Wednesday and Thursday. We have Fridays off in the summer. However, my church hosted Vacation Bible School (VBS) this week, and I was in charge Friday and today.

I think I caught up on enough of the posts to realize that the struggle was real this week for many of us. My weight yo-yo'd all week. My loss this week is minimal, but I was determined to see one no matter how small. Congrats to all those who had a loss this week. Hugs and encouragement to all who need it to keep trying every day.

I'll post my steps for the week later this evening.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Ugh rewarded myself with a few biscuits after my Friday weigh-in (why do I keep doing that?)
    Ended up stuck in a 2 day eating junk cycle. I hope I start afresh tomorrow. The longer I stay off the wagon, the harder it gets to jump back on.
    My body really cannot tolerate these binges anymore (TMI I'll spare you :# , never used to be a problem) but my brain still has the same cravings/habits. I hope my brain catches up eventually.
  • jugar
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Ugh rewarded myself with a few biscuits after my Friday weigh-in (why do I keep doing that?)
    Ended up stuck in a 2 day eating junk cycle. I hope I start afresh tomorrow. The longer I stay off the wagon, the harder it gets to jump back on.
    My body really cannot tolerate these binges anymore (TMI I'll spare you :# , never used to be a problem) but my brain still has the same cravings/habits. I hope my brain catches up eventually.

It is amazing how all it takes is the feeling of "reward", and once the trigger food is chosen, it is impossible to stop. I cannot tolerate those binges any more either, but they still happen, although (thankfully!) in smaller ways than they used to. I hate that no matter how much we know how bad it will be, it is nearly impossible to stop once we eat one of the trigger foods. Well, those slips will happen, and we have to keep them short. So good job! You're done with this slip! You're brain won't ever quite get it, so you have to override, override, override.

@evangsimmons170 - SO good to see you back! I have missed you, and figured work was getting real again. You kept up a good loss, so thumbs up all the way <3
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    @jugar funny story, it turns out that I buy so many cars I get frequent buyer perks and discounts and the finance manager, who remembers me, is making sure I can get a loan.

So I guess I've bought a new car. XD

It's very funny to me. I'm not rich, not even close, I just keep trading in cars, and I come here cuz I like how chill they are.

OK, next time I have to buy a car, you're my personal shopper.
  • jugar
    Options
    Loriab901 wrote: »
    Saturday week 3

PW: 147
    CW: 146.8

I am so happy I didn’t gain weight during vacation with a wedding plus plenty of eating out. Yet I felt free enough to enjoy my food. My daughter really pushes the activity, which I love. We hiked in the mountains every day, we swam and we went kayaking. I needed to come home to rest! 😆 It was a great time. I have .8 more to lose to meet my July goal. I am planning to make it. 😁

YESS! Well done. Hiking and kayaking are so wonderful - and you WILL make it the final .8 lb And I am sure the wedding was wonderful - share stories if you want!
  • jugar
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    Sorry I've been missing from the posts. So much going on between work, home and my parents, not much time to jump online. But I'm still tracking and trying to move more.

Got 12,006 steps in yesterday.

Missed you! I hope you are making it through the busy crazy time. When you have a minute, your weigh-in would be great, news and stories if you have time! You are tracking, that is great. Chin up!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    The humidex was ~ 45 Centigrade here today (that's 113 F) so all my exercise was in the basement. On the bike.

5 sessions (5 minutes each) on the bike so far. Plus-or-minus 50 calories per session. I am now over 250 exercise calories burned so far ... with plans for a bit more before eventual bedtime.

Spreading it out like this is definitely working. Yet not feeling like I am overdoing it despite the heat.
  • jugar
    Options
    OK, I'm inspired @BMcC9 - hopping on the bike for some intervals now that the daytime heat is a tad lower. SO glad I live out in the woods where the temps don't stay up too badly at night. It is certainly hot, but way better than lots of places. I got a LOT done in the basement today!

So we have only 4 more people left to weigh in this week, and we're still in the green! Not by a lot, but, it's THAT week. We're going to get past it and really scorch things next week.

Hoping to get numbers from:
    @karenesg
    @Blackbeautysue
    @leni1us
    @wlcmac81

NEW WEEK BEGINS TOMORROW! I'll update everyone on the green pledge tomorrow morning along with the usual tallies.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    NEW WEEK BEGINS TOMORROW! I'll update everyone on the green pledge tomorrow morning along with the usual tallies.

@jugar This week was such a crazy week for me in so many ways, including my weight. Is it too late to change my green challenge goal back to what it was originally, 7 lbs? I know I've hit the 7 mark goal as of today, but you know how challenging keeping off the loss can be. Thanks! :smile:
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Here are my steps for the week...a lot less than I expected...this is exactly why I am determined more than ever to get up at 4 am to get my workouts in before my day gets out of hand.

z4615k4detj3.png
  • Blackbeautysue
    Blackbeautysue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Week 2

PW- 224.4
    CW- 226.6

Steps:
    4 July- 5,737
    5 July- 16,285
    6 July- 9,269
    7 July- 8,829
    8 July- 18,619
    9 July- 5,644
    10 July- 11,297

Week 3

PW- 226.6
    CW- 225.4

Steps:
    11 July- 10,452
    12 July- 20,586
    13 July- 11,167
    14 July- 7,824
    15 July- 14,479
    16 July- 11,048
    17 July- 14,470

Reflections:
    Hi Team Waistaways,
    I am so sorry for my late entry on here. I have been suffering from severe hypertension (high blood pressure) and had to go to hospitals and doctors appointments recently so I never had the chance to come on here.
    Hope everyone is doing great
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Week 2

PW- 224.4
    CW- 226.6

Steps:
    4 July- 5,737
    5 July- 16,285
    6 July- 9,269
    7 July- 8,829
    8 July- 18,619
    9 July- 5,644
    10 July- 11,297

Week 3

PW- 226.6
    CW- 225.4

Steps:
    11 July- 10,452
    12 July- 20,586
    13 July- 11,167
    14 July- 7,824
    15 July- 14,479
    16 July- 11,048
    17 July- 14,470

Reflections:
    Hi Team Waistaways,
    I am so sorry for my late entry on here. I have been suffering from severe hypertension (high blood pressure) and had to go to hospitals and doctors appointments recently so I never had the chance to come on here.
    Hope everyone is doing great

@Blackbeautysue Are you feeling better now? I know all too well about high blood pressure. Are you taking your meds every day as prescribed and drinking LOTS of water? Make sure you get plenty of rest. I pray you feel better soon.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Saturday steps 7/20 8,388

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    @Blackbeautysue so sorry to hear you’ve not been feeling well. Hope your blood pressure is now under control. All those steps should certainly help and like @evangsimmons170 said taking your meds and drinking water is important. Hope you are feeling better.
This discussion has been closed.