WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options
Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
edited August 2019 in Social Groups
WELCOME TO TEAM WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT ROOM

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the AUGUST Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the AUGUST Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Mari- @mari_moulin ( GROUP OWNER)
Steve - @steplaj
Greg - @Navydaddjtc
Liselyn - @jugar

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @shockvalue07 and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @lindamtuck2018

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @navydaddjtc @shockvalue07 @Fitness327wk
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for AUGUST. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Greetings new and returning members of Team WaistAways!

It is always good to begin with introductions, even if you have been on the team for a while. It is enjoyable to get to know each other better before we get into the nitty gritty of goals, methods, ideas, rants, laughs, and whatever else comes up in the chat.

If you are new, weigh-ins happen HERE on the day you chose when signing up. If you want to change days, just say so here. Please put your weigh-in at the TOP of a message so I can catch it easily. Just your current weight on the day is fine, but it is also good if you can put the previous week's weight too. Then we can celebrate with you, or give you some support as needed!

I am Liselyn, co-captain of the team and one of the F2F challenge moderators. I live in rural Québec with my crazy old husband and my very handsome adult son. My daughter is in the Canadian army stationed out in Wainwright Alberta. I'm a musician and retired from many years as a university professor of music in Montreal, where I ended up doing quite a few years of hard time in the upper administration. It was fun, I miss the students, but it is great to be home more, out of the big city. I'm still playing though, so I haven't gone completely home and garden yet! I have lost about 35-40 pounds, and am hovering in a maintenance zone for the past 7 years. I am working on lowering that zone right now. I am only 5 feet tall, so that zone isn't very big, and it is not easy staying there! My biggest goal is staying strong and fit as I head into my older years. It feels SO good when I work out and keep active, however tempting it may be to slow down and take it easy. This team has really helped me stay on track, and I hope the support and energy in this group will help everyone.

Post often, let us know about you, and welcome to August!
  • kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @jugar please put me down for Sunday weigh ins 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️
  • jugar
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    @jugar please put me down for Sunday weigh ins 🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️
    DONE! We'll see your weigh-in tomorrow - now we have 2 early birds in the team. Sunday is always the first weigh-in of each week, so now @Andreabroadley won't feel so alone :smiley:
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am a busy 37 year old mum. I've been on MFP since January and this group has been invaluable to me!
    Wishing you all good luck on your journeys.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    5f5jh8cwfq9t.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 0.45%
    INDIVIDUAL % LovebyDraug69 3.80%
    TEAM LBS LOST Workout Warriors 14.6
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST buniphuphu 9.8

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 42.7PDS OR 0.17%

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.45%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.35%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.34%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Workout Warriors 14.6
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 14.4
    3rd Shrinking Assets 12.8

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st LovebyDraug69 3.80%
    2nd buniphuphu 3.45%
    3rd Cyndiesstuff 2.52%

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    SaraMakingChanges
    mrshadsall
    Carlsoda
    Gutcutter500
    Perla4686
    NikMar
    Luciicul
    Jactop
    gottagetthisdown
  • jugar
    Options
    AUGUST officially begins today!! Our calendar is a bit weird on this challenge...
    May your month of August be Awesome <3
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    f1zxdi98mym4.png

GRAND FINALE

THE WINNERS ARE..

TEAM % Mission Slimpossibles 1.78%
    INDIVIDUAL % buniphuphu 9.15%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 59.9
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST buniphuphu 27.6

As a whole we lost 262.8 pounds or 1.05% !!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Mission Slimpossibles 1.78%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 1.61%
    3rd Workout Warriors 1.19%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST

1st Shrinking Assets 59.9
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 57.6
    3rd Workout Warriors 51.8

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st buniphuphu 9.15%
    2nd Caydensmommy 7.76%
    3rd Luciicul 5.68%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st buniphuphu 27.6
    2nd Caydensmommy 23.8
    3rd Luciicul 11.4

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    kilobykilo
    Ahanaz
    ConfidentRaven
    southpalms
    MrsHadshall
    KMD1214
    Terytha
    19shmoo69
    zlauerMom
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    AUGUST WEEK 1 MODERATORS DISCUSSION
    HEALTHY LIVING
    c1amum0kcjrh.png
    MEAL PREPPING GUIDE 101... COURTESY OF LA FITNESS
    MANY OF US STRUGGLE WITH THE PERILS OF FOOD PREPPING....
    TO HOT OUTSIDE TO TURN ON THE OVENS....
    NO MOJO TO FIX A WEEKS WORTH OF MEALS....
    STAGNATE ON IDEAS ON WHAT TO FIX AND NOT THE SAME OL SAME OL.
    HERE IS AN ARTICLE FROM LA FITNESS WITH SOME IDEAS ON JUST THAT SUBJECT
    https://blog.lafitness.com/2019/07/17/ our-meal-prepping-101-guide/
    PLEASE SHARE YOUR IDEAS AND RECIPES WITH THE GROUP ON MEAL PREPPING 101
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10757886/aug-week-1-mods-discussion#latest

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,201 Member
    Options
    STEPS:
    8/1 - 14331
    8/2 - 14925
    8/3 - 16495
  • kx7003
    Options
    Weigh in day - Sunday
    Current weight - 132 pounds
    Previous weight - I can’t remember what my last recorded weight on the spreadsheet is.

I haven’t been tracking during July so I know I have gained from my pre July weight which was near 128. I am pleased that I haven’t gained too much considering how bad my eating habits have been over last month. I’m determined to get back to 128. I’m going to go look at the Waistaways spreadsheet to see when my weight started increasing.
  • kx7003
    Options
    I just checked the June spreadsheet and at one point I was 123 so I actually have gained quite a lot 😢. I am determined to get back to 128ish and take it from there. One step at a time .... 🏋🏻‍♀️
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Andrea. 61 Years old, from Toronto. I have 2 young adult kids and am married to a great guy. We have both managed to have our share of health problems this year, but are rebounding. I have been seeing a nutritionist who has been helping me get my macros right for me during this period of weight loss. I have lost 22 pounds this year..

Thanks so much to all the organizers of this group. In particular, thank you @jugar Liselyn for your ongoing inspiration and motivation.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck in bed all day with an awful stomach bug (with frequent bathroom trips)
    I'm finally feeling a little better but scared to eat now. Any suggestions on what to eat after fasting all day?
This discussion has been closed.