WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

I love the pictures and messages - adorable dancing with babies, yummy things to eat, and a link to food prepping that I'm so intimidated by that I probably won't even go look at it. I am of the chaos school of food prep, crossed with the one-recipe-to-rule-them-all skillet meal obsession. If it is in the house or the garden, I kind of throw it all together when it seems like it must be time to make a meal. I am bad at planning, and I don't mind eating the same stuff with variations all the time. Boring, but unpredictable!

But all the food pictures made me hungry.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    I have been in this group for a few months and LOVE IT! I have lost 6 pounds. I’m going to figure out a new small goal for myself in the near future.

I live in Western Kentucky, have three kids, three dogs (one we just got, well, she showed up), three cats and chickens. I am a stay at home mom and love it. My favorite job of all time. My husband is retired Coast Guard and now works at an office supply company. His hours are the best part since he is home for dinner and weekends off!

I do a few crafts but my relaxing time is doing dot to dots, some of them have up to 3000 dots.

I quit smoking about 7 years ago. Most people know the exact date but I don’t remember. That’s when I gained about 40 pounds and have continued to gain and haven’t lost. I am now almost 43 and want to be healthy and the smaller size as a perk. 😁

I have started MFP so many times and then quit but I truly feel with this group of people this is it, this is the time I focus and accomplish what I want!

We are so happy to have you here also! We can accomplish anything when we support each other. And you are doing great. :)
  • jugar
    Options
    FINALLY! THE FINAL WEEK AND FINAL JULY FINAL STEPS REPORT!
    cl2pv7gafql5.png
    July was a crazy month with vacations and big efforts. We had an uneven number of steppers, with a bit of coming and going, but still the numbers are IMPRESSIVE.

TOTAL JULY STEPS: 2,773,117 :running: That's 2,218.5 km or 1,331 miles! That is Winnipeg to Ottawa. If you have ever driven that, it is seriously LONG.
    TOP 3 Steppers for JULY:
    1. @mari_moulin 536,334 steps = 429 km = 257.4 miles.
    2. @fourathomej 530,131 steps = 424 km = 254.5 miles. Pretty danged close!
    3. @micki48 289,249 steps = 231.4 km = 138.8 miles. Biggest improvement over the last months!

And since I was not keeping up, here are the top 3 for weeks 4 and 5 of JULY ----
    WEEK 4 - total 399,760 steps
    1. @fourathomej 97,019 steps
    2. @jlbtnc 86,838 steps First time in the top 3! Way to go!
    3. @mari_moulin 76,814

WEEK 5 - total 386,702 steps
    1. @mari_moulin 115,751
    2. @fourathomej 97,672
    3. @micki48 58,258

If you are inspired by this and want to be part of the steps team, step right up and let us know! It is a good way to track both your intentional walking/jogging/running and your every day activity. Park far away from the door, take four trips instead of one to bring stuff in, go hang out your laundry, whatever works. It all adds up and helps you burn off those pesky calories.

If you (like me) would rather just count your intentional workouts, hard outdoor work, sports, etc. - it can be fun to let us know what you do on your messages here in the chat. We are a curious bunch, and sometimes we give each other good ideas. Whatever you do, keep moving!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    FINALLY! THE FINAL WEEK AND FINAL JULY FINAL STEPS REPORT!
    cl2pv7gafql5.png
    July was a crazy month with vacations and big efforts. We had an uneven number of steppers, with a bit of coming and going, but still the numbers are IMPRESSIVE.

TOTAL JULY STEPS: 2,773,117 :running: That's 2,218.5 km or 1,331 miles! That is Winnipeg to Ottawa. If you have ever driven that, it is seriously LONG.
    TOP 3 Steppers for JULY:
    1. @mari_moulin 536,334 steps = 429 km = 257.4 miles.
    2. @fourathomej 530,131 steps = 424 km = 254.5 miles. Pretty danged close!
    3. @micki48 289,249 steps = 231.4 km = 138.8 miles. Biggest improvement over the last months!

And since I was not keeping up, here are the top 3 for weeks 4 and 5 of JULY ----
    WEEK 4 - total 399,760 steps
    1. @fourathomej 97,019 steps
    2. @jlbtnc 86,838 steps First time in the top 3! Way to go!
    3. @mari_moulin 76,814

WEEK 5 - total 386,702 steps
    1. @mari_moulin 115,751
    2. @fourathomej 97,672
    3. @micki48 58,258

If you are inspired by this and want to be part of the steps team, step right up and let us know! It is a good way to track both your intentional walking/jogging/running and your every day activity. Park far away from the door, take four trips instead of one to bring stuff in, go hang out your laundry, whatever works. It all adds up and helps you burn off those pesky calories.

If you (like me) would rather just count your intentional workouts, hard outdoor work, sports, etc. - it can be fun to let us know what you do on your messages here in the chat. We are a curious bunch, and sometimes we give each other good ideas. Whatever you do, keep moving!

Yay!! I think this was the first time I was in the top of anything. Huge difference between me and closest person ahead. But, I’m consistent. And patient (mostly). Thanks @Terytha!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP for Wednesday Weigh-ins:
    @Fourathomej
    @offitgoes

And still waiting for:
    @tdrjustus3
    @zlauerMom

We are going to have to get some team spirit going for the rest of this week -- there have been some team members going through a rough patch and putting on some weight, so let's the rest of us get those losses on to make our team total in the green. I'm sure those members who haven't done so well this week were strong when others were weak, so we've got their backs now when they need it! Have watermelon not ice cream! Vegetables not baked goods! :smiley: unsalted, of course...
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    So I made the personal trainer crack up. She asked why I was interested in weight lifting and stuff and I said, "I don't want to lose all this weight and look like a melted candle."

Apparently she'd never heard that before. =P

I also had a fun chat with her about my steamer lunch box. I love this thing. I dump raw chicken and beans in it, add a lil water, turn it on and half an hour later I have stir fry for lunch. Hot, fresh cooked lunches have changed my whole life.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    It is an unexpectedly beautiful morning here today. It was supposed to be rainy (my veggie gardens really, really, need that!) but I guess that will have to wait a bit longer.

I have been putting off my workouts again. Gotta get a good kick in the rear. But first, I made a rather liberating decision. I have a really big project to digitize a whole lot of old recordings of my concerts from the late 80s and early 90s. There are some good ones in there, and I want to be able to put them on the web. I started working on this in February, and I just about drove myself around the bend. I got really obsessive about it, could not sleep for the pieces running through my head constantly, and I was sure the sound would be terrible, every little detail seemed wrong, and I finally stopped. The tapes, programs, etc. have been sitting around my work room ever since. A couple of weeks ago, I made a list of places that might be able to do this for me. I finally called one yesterday, found out which one would do this, and called them. I'm going there today with my big box. I think this will go better!

But I still have to get some kind of workout in today. Enough sedateness, already. House and garden work just don't quite do it!

@Terytha - that lunch box sounds amazing. And cracking up your trainer is part of the job! We have to keep them laughing so they don't want to work us TOO hard!
    @evangsimmons170 - that graphic is excellent. I know we worry about weigh-ins here, but this is a great reminder that there is a lot more to what we are doing than that. The scale might tell us when we're getting our calorie balance right, but it alone cannot tell us if we are building health or making permanent changes. One of the things I have enjoyed most about sticking with this group for many months is seeing how the discouragement and struggle evolves into success as those positive and permanent changes happen. Like @micki48 eating what might have sent her off on a downward spiral a few months ago. Now it is sending her out for a vigorous walk instead. Like everyone who has kept on coming back after a bad week or month, and keeping up the experimentation to find what works and then committing to it. And @leni1us leaving Vegas! Get outta there!!!

OK, you get the drift. I'm going on too long... Have a good one!
  • jugar
    Options
    I just saw the week 1 challenge from Team Trimstones. It is perfect! Just post what you are saying NO to every day. (Of course, what you are saying YES to also works!) Hop on over and just say NO -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10758291/week-1-group-challenge-trimstones-august#latest
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    tdrjustus3 wrote: »
    Tdrjustus3
    Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 285.6
    CW: 282.0

Nice one!
  • Loriab901
    Loriab901 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have reached my goal weight of 144.2 in July and was considering going down another 4 lbs but have decided I will stop now. I will be away a lot in August and I can evaluate if this is the right weight for me. Feeling great, lots of energy! 23%BF.
  • jugar
    Options
    Loriab901 wrote: »
    I have reached my goal weight of 144.2 in July and was considering going down another 4 lbs but have decided I will stop now. I will be away a lot in August and I can evaluate if this is the right weight for me. Feeling great, lots of energy! 23%BF.

Fantastic! Good for you o:) and it is wonderful that you are feeling so well. I will put you on the "cheer squad" (aka team support) so you can still come by and comment whenever you want, and you can continue to weigh in to be sure things do not slip if that would be helpful. Big round of applause flying your way!
  • Loriab901
    Loriab901 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Loriab901 wrote: »

Fantastic! Good for you o:) and it is wonderful that you are feeling so well. I will put you on the "cheer squad" (aka team support) so you can still come by and comment whenever you want, and you can continue to weigh in to be sure things do not slip if that would be helpful. Big round of applause flying your way!

Thank you for all your thoughtful and intelligent comments, Jugar, you really are an inspiration to this group!
  • jugar
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Funny story. A dress I bought a few weeks ago started unravelling at the seam. I went back to the shop to complain and they offered me a new one. I tried a size smaller and it fit! Feels so good!
    This is great! I loved those first shopping experiences when I got to the point I could not wear my baggy clothes any more. I tried on these terrific bright blue trousers in one place, and they did not seem quite right. The sales lady told me they were too big, and I did not believe her at all - she made me try the next size smaller and I was SO suprised they actually fit well! So keep going and pretty soon you'll get into even smaller sizes B)
This discussion has been closed.