Weight Loss Victories

Options
NovusDies
NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
edited July 2019 in Social Groups
Here is where we help motivate and encourage each other with our scale and non scale victories. Your NSVs (non scale victories) do not have to be anything major. My first one was that I could stand more comfortably. Something that many people take for granted was something that was pretty uncomfortable for me before I began.

Replies

• NovusDies
    Options
    I will start. My scale shows that I have lost over 150 pounds so obviously I have had many NSVs already. Ease of movement, smaller size clothes, more freedom, and less pain have been among them.

My latest NSV is that I am working on scheduling an active vacation for myself and my wife. My vacations have not been great for many years because of my weight and they certainly have not been the kind that involved a lot of physical activities. We haven't nailed down the actual plans yet but we are getting close.
  • Oppaloopa
    Oppaloopa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like cruising I always lose weight on a cruise probably because I walk a lot more. Doing low carb and intermittent fasting.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Oppaloopa wrote: »
    I like cruising I always lose weight on a cruise probably because I walk a lot more. Doing low carb and intermittent fasting.

@Oppaloopa we have been looking at cruises. I think it is either a cruise for us or perhaps a place where we can visit a lot of museums.
  • wsualumohsix
    wsualumohsix Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I fit into clothing sizes that I never thought I'd see again.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I fit into clothing sizes that I never thought I'd see again.

@wsualumohsix I sometimes view my weight loss as time travel because I am going backwards in time on clothing sizes. It is kind of a surreal experience for me.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Oppaloopa wrote: »

@Oppaloopa we have been looking at cruises. I think it is either a cruise for us or perhaps a place where we can visit a lot of museums.

As I said before in other threads, my wife and I have a cruise planned for September. I cant wait, and it is one if my motivating factors for trying to lose weight now.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Just thought of another bullet --
    • No longer have to ask for tables specifically at restaurants, for fear I won't fit in a booth.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    merph518 wrote: »
    • No longer have to ask for tables specifically at restaurants, for fear I won't fit in a booth.

That is a GREAT one. I just sat in a booth Thurs night with my wife and it still amazes me.

Here is one that probably does apply to many:

I can drive any vehicle again. I had very nearly lost the ability to drive my own but I certainly could not drive my wife's. I am not sure when I regained that ability. I was kind of hesitant to try some things just to be reminded I couldn't do them yet so I probably waited much longer than needed.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options

Definitely this, I used to pretend I had claustrophobia if I was in a booth and always asked for a "proper" table and chair.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I also no longer have to avoid restaurants that only have chairs with arms. I could sit in them but I always had to sit forward to eat and it was always uncomfortable. So for me it was no booths and avoiding chairs with arms.

Another word on the booths... the hybrids where the table moved and there was straight chairs on the other side. That was probably my most comfortable sitting option but other than in Mexican restaurants the food was never that great in places that had hybrids.
  • merph518
    edited July 2019
    Options
    jjlewey wrote: »
    My belt broke yesterday, really bad experience for a fat guy. Figured I would have to drive an hour to the DXL store, decided to look at Wally world just in case. To my amazement they had one that fit, exactly 1, the biggest one in the store, but still yeah!
    I am looking forward to buying clothes at normal stores again.

Buying clothes in a regular store... looking forward to that as well!

I had a nice little victory this morning. The shirt in my new profile pic fit for the first time in years. Just last week it was tight across my stomach when sitting, since I carry a lot of my weight in that area. Hopefully this will open up a number of other smaller-running 3xl shirts that were similarly close to fitting as well.
  • merph518
    Options
    mo8414 wrote: »
    My start weight was 432lbs on 6/10/19. As of today I'm at 398lbs so that makes me pretty happy to be back in the 3's.

That's pretty great progress! Keep it up.

• NovusDies
    Options
    jjlewey wrote: »
    My belt broke yesterday, really bad experience for a fat guy. Figured I would have to drive an hour to the DXL store, decided to look at Wally world just in case. To my amazement they had one that fit, exactly 1, the biggest one in the store, but still yeah!
    I am looking forward to buying clothes at normal stores again.

Buying clothes in a regular store... looking forward to that as well!

I had a nice little victory this morning. The shirt in my new profile pic fit for the first time in years. Just last week it was tight across my stomach when sitting, since I carry a lot of my weight in that area. Hopefully this will open up a number of other smaller-running 3xl shirts that were similarly close to fitting as well.

Ditto.

Am I the only one that is afraid of the house burning down for all the normal reason PLUS being stuck wearing a blanket until I can get some clothes that fit? Or having additional worries about airlines losing my luggage?

I am inching closer to the regular store clothing rack but not quite there yet. I am closest in my boxers currently.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Current NSV as of this morning. My one pair of jeans that I fit into are getting too big. There's about an inch now that I can pull away from me, where as they used to be pretty darn snug. I can also sit down in them (They're "high waisted") comfortably now without unbuttoning them!

My first NSV at around 7 or so lbs down was that my engagement ring slid onto my finger without the aid of lotion.

Good job Brit, keep it up, I cant wait to have to buy new clothes!
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Current NSV as of this morning. My one pair of jeans that I fit into are getting too big. There's about an inch now that I can pull away from me, where as they used to be pretty darn snug. I can also sit down in them (They're "high waisted") comfortably now without unbuttoning them!

My first NSV at around 7 or so lbs down was that my engagement ring slid onto my finger without the aid of lotion.

That is excellent.

I wish I had made a journal of my NSVs and at what weight I experienced them. I guess this thread can do that for some of you.