jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Username: jlbtnc
    Weigh in week: week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 196.0
    Todays Weight: 195.4

Steps for Thursday: 19,862

I will take the .6 pound loss with getting back to some focus, and yesterday was my birthday and ate more than I should have but it was great. I walked a total of 6 miles in the morning and cleaned to help burn calories because I knew I was going out. I am also still sore from walking all week.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    @cory17 - isn't it horrible when that happens - 2 days in a row, huge difference. Do you think it was because you "celebrated" having lost more? Or was it just the usual up and down? I know I have a tendency to reward myself for a loss, which is the best way ever to ruin it. I heard recently that the "dinner" of indulgence always comes with the "dessert" of regret. Harsh, but true. But if you think the bounce upwards was just water or other variance that is difficult to control, then don't worry! It will correct itself. Either way, be sure to keep this coming week STRONG. <3

@Perla4686 you too! Be strong! You have been doing brilliantly, so do NOT let this week stop you in your tracks or make you go back. Keep on keeping on o:)

@jlbtnc way to go! Getting through a birthday with that many steps and still with a loss for the week is brilliant. You are moving AWAY from 200 more and more. You will soon have more company there - @AmyRobF by September 8th (also my sister's birthday!) and others. YES.

I made a big loss this week, but I have entered my weight a bit higher than it actually was this morning - I know it cannot be real! I had a crazy day of eating too little and biking 25 km, so it will bounce back up for sure. In any case, I hit my original goal weight, even if temporarily! I am revising my goal down another 3-5 pounds, just to see if that could work. I am very short and small boned, so even when carrying a good amount of muscle, I don't weigh much. It isn't easy keeping the extra pounds at bay when only just over 5' tall, but I'm slowly getting used to what I need to do.

Happy Friday, everyone - stop on by to let everyone know how you're doing!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Husband was running a quite high fever last night so we had fast food for dinner, since it was all he wanted to eat. And I'm up over a pound today. *sigh*

It was a rough night too. I get night terrors when I'm stressed. My heart is still fast.

Just gotta get through today and I can sleep in tomorrow.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. Its been a crazy work week for me. Monday through Thursday, I literally sat in all day meetings each day. Since I wasn't on my home campus near necessary amenities like a microwave or refrigerator, I ate out every day this week, 2-3 times a day.

I am so miserable from all the swelling from the sodium. Even my lymph nodes are super swollen under both arms. That only happens when I eat too much salt. I seriously cannot handle it anymore. Much to my surprise yesterday, I remember thinking if I eat at one more restaurant, I'm going to puke. Heretofore, I loved going out to eat, but that was before all of my hard work of healthy eating and exercising this summer. It was like I had reprogrammed my brain over the summer and I loved it!

I'm going to take a pass on my weigh in tomorrow. I'll need to pee a river to get all this salt out of me.

Oh dear! It is great news that you have developed some excellent healthy eating habits, but tough that you had such a week with the sodium. Most restaurants will do a no salt version if it is a place that cooks things individually, or you can get a salad with oil and vinegar on the side - I hope it goes better for you next week! I'll put in an EXC notation for this week, and I'm sure you'll "cross the river"!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Husband was running a quite high fever last night so we had fast food for dinner, since it was all he wanted to eat. And I'm up over a pound today. *sigh*

It was a rough night too. I get night terrors when I'm stressed. My heart is still fast.

Just gotta get through today and I can sleep in tomorrow.

<3 sending calming vibes your way! Do you have any breathing exercises you can do when having increased heartbeat? Let me know if you need some. Being a flutist, I have an awesome collection of them...
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I was right....not good....but I'm also not giving up. August, here I come.

Username: leni1us
    Week: July Week 4
    Weigh in Day, Friday
    PW: 166.6
    CW: 167.7
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

Username: Connie7355
    Weigh in Day, Friday
    PW: 187.2
    CW: 185
    Just losing vacation weight (frozen custard)! @jugar your kick in the pants really helped!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Username: Connie7355
    Weigh in Day, Friday
    PW: 187.2
    CW: 185
    Just losing vacation weight (frozen custard)! @jugar your kick in the pants really helped!!

GLAD TO OBLIGE! o6fg73zeuz3y.png
  • jugar
    Options
    visiri wrote: »
    Ugh! I actually hit 199.2 earlier this week, but of course up on official weigh day!
    CW 200.6
    PW 200.8
    Sometimes I think it is even worse if the lowest weight is on weigh-in day, because then you have a rep to maintain and a record to beat!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    PW:210
    CW: 209

My birthday is September 8 and my goal is to be under 200 by then, even if it’s 199. I am even more motivated now that I’m finally seeing a difference on the scale!

Wahooooo! So glad you have broken that plateau and have had steady losses. I’m rooting for you. You’re doing great. Keep losing. Aim for under 200, but know that 9 pounds is a lot in a few weeks.
  • micki48
    Options
    irb7rdbgpjma.jpeg
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    leni1us wrote: »

Weigh in Day, Friday

You're still down 2.7 pounds for the month so far, and one more weigh-in to go. This morning I looked back at my weigh-ins from when I started out - most months, I lost 1 pound. Sometimes I did the 1 pound per week, but rarely more than a couple of pounds a month. And I made it all the way - so don't worry about a few bounces. You're going the right way!

@jugar how much weight have you lost altogether? You're such an inspiration.
  • jugar
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    leni1us wrote: »

Weigh in Day, Friday

You're still down 2.7 pounds for the month so far, and one more weigh-in to go. This morning I looked back at my weigh-ins from when I started out - most months, I lost 1 pound. Sometimes I did the 1 pound per week, but rarely more than a couple of pounds a month. And I made it all the way - so don't worry about a few bounces. You're going the right way!

@jugar how much weight have you lost altogether? You're such an inspiration.

From my highest weight to this morning - 40 pounds. I have hovered around a 35 pound loss for the past few years, and now decided to bring it down a bit further. I could be at a healthy weight at 105 pounds, so that 40 pounds sure had me looking a lot like humpty dumpty! Thanks for your kind words <3
  • jugar
    Options
    OK People! HEADS UP for the ending of WEEK 4 -

Saturday Weigh-ins, bring them in tomorrow!

@evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @Terytha
    @SueSueDio
    @Loriab901

Friday still not reported, but heck, you still have time:
    @kx7003
    @martinesther88
    @tigrib
    @BMcC9
    @wlcmac81

Remaining from earlier in the week - get 'em in!
    @FLAWLESS_K
    @karenesg
    @Blackbeautysue

Thanks!
  • micki48
    Options
    yc6gdlikb25v.jpeg
    9uibp4s4ej9w.jpeg
    Just looked through years of my “progress”. My big gain, like 10 pounds in a month, directly corresponds to my despair over a very troubling elected official. I also noticed that my most recent low happened to be on one of my best friend’s birthday at the end of August. She tragically died in a car accident some years ago. We often tried to lose weight together. So I am making that my target goal and date. For me/her. It’s ambitious, especially given my 3 month plateau at 200-ish. I also have a screenshot of my lowest weight in 5 years. That is goal number 2. I hope to be there by the end of the year. I know it is going to mean I have to up my game, but I need to. So there...I said it. It’s out there.
This discussion has been closed.