TEAM: Run Track Minds (August)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.
Β«13456725

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    c4mkzy9q51wd.jpg
    HELLO TEAM!
    WELCOME TO AUGUST 2019!

My name is Joanna @johicks, I will be your captain for this month. Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month as well. To get you started…
    I’ve struggled my entire life with my weight. So here I am hoping to truly learn what it takes to keep it off. With the Biggest Loser Challenge, I’m losing, learning, and achieving. In my first four months of being on @RunTrackMinds I’ve lost 24.2#. My focus is on habits that include daily exercise, planning and preparing meals ahead, tracking intake, overcoming night binges, and working through emotions that go with living a fellow addict Mine is food, his is food and alcohol, plus he LOVES to cook. He’s getting better at being β€œokay” with me not eating what he cooks for dinner. @RunTrackMinds is awesome. I’m happy to be here to help where I can and to offer encouragement, support, and also be a part of something that will help you, me, and our team stay on track and lose weight. My goal for August is to focus on my mindset of this being a lifestyle by working on daily habits of exercise, good healthy foods, and being mindful of my emotions to not let food control me.
    kiekqpdfx4vf.jpg

As taking part in this challenge your only requirement is to weigh in weekly. Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh-in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!! Please set-up your posts in the format below as it really makes it much easier to see your post to track properly.
    Your weekly weigh-in posts should look like this:
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, July Week 4 (7/28)
    PW: 243.0
    CW: 241.2
    below are optional
    One thing I did well: - optional
    One thing to improve: - optional

...to make it easier, copy and paste from week to week.
    *PW = previous weight, for week #1 it is your starting weight (SW)
    *CW = current weight
    Also optional is taking part in the daily mini-challenge. v(see the next post)v
  • johicks
    Options
    We are also going to continue with an optional Mini-Challenge this month somewhat based on β€œDaily Post for Ultimate Accountability.” First and foremost is that participation in the mini-challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this, the choice is yours. I encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and think about our habits /goals on a daily basis. It's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

Our RTM Daily Posts Challenge follow these basic rules:
    • #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    • #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    • #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    • #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).
    • #5. Work towards healthier habits (you choose: increase water, journaling, self-care, overall wellness)
    It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgment-free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on.

**REMEMBER**
    -You set your own daily budget.
    -You choose your own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10-mile run.)
    -It is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    -Daily check-in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

Your optional mini-challenge posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (under /over)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Healthier habits: (you choose: variety of exercise, increase water, journaling, affirmations, self-care, positive self-talk, being kind to self, positive outlook, overall wellness, morning routine, night routine)
    Goals or Day: (Share a brief description about you, your day, your goals for the day, whatever you want)

Welcome to August! Let's all have a great month. AWESOME AUGUST!!

gqk1iihmac47.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    WELCOME! ...
    qy4zy805ytcj.jpg

Our current team members will join this thread when they finish the July challenge. Until then, feel free to introduce yourself, start your daily mini-challenge, and get used to posting daily. Your first weigh-in will be the week of Sunday, July 28th on the day of the week you stated as weigh-in day when joined.

@jmacaroni
    @MXCTRL
    @Endndajrny
  • johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    zzgf98ttuaep.jpg
  • johicks
    Options
    WELCOME! ...
    qy4zy805ytcj.jpg

Our current team members will join this thread when they finish the July challenge. Until then, feel free to introduce yourself, start your daily mini-challenge, and get used to posting daily. Your first weigh-in will be the week of Sunday, July 28th on the day of the week you stated as weigh-in day when joined.

@jmacaroni
    @MXCTRL
    @Endndajrny
    @slytherclawz
    @eeharlow

• johicks
    Options
    WELCOME! ...
    qy4zy805ytcj.jpg

Feel free to introduce yourself, start your daily mini-challenge, and get used to posting daily. Your first weigh-in will be the week of Sunday, July 28th on the day of the week you stated as weigh-in day when joined.

@jmacaroni
    @MXCTRL
    @Endndajrny
    @slytherclawz
    @eeharlow

Our current team members will join this thread when they finish the July challenge.
    @johicks.
    @bhlavac5560.
    @bootssowhite.
    @kate_x4.
    @LuluLovinLife.
    @Mawash9.
    @Red1185.
    @skullsandskeletons.
    @Toyota100.
    @Jactop.
    @JammyPea.
    @Jupdyke.
    @Klilev.
    @Rozbee1.
    @Terry111330.
    @GoalDigger11.
    @Gustaaf85.
    @JamieD328.
    @tbchitwood76.
    @ajaia2001.
    @Fivepts.
    @germaine_yee.
    @jwall309.
    @Lovethyneighbor.
    @perla4686.
    @Maddiesmommy6611.
    @wander216.

August will have five weeks, there is a calendar posted earlier in this thread. :) Let's make August ... AWESOME!!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @johicks Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to weigh in for this month. I am traveling in Turkey and don't have scales. I weighed myself this morning on the hotel gym scales and it said that I had gained 52lbs in a week! Lol. I may have gained 2 lbs or even lost 2 but the scales are definitely broken. I would like to join in again when I get home if that is possible. Best of luck to everyone this month!
  • johicks
    Options
    Fivepts wrote: Β»
    @johicks Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to weigh in for this month. I am traveling in Turkey and don't have scales. I weighed myself this morning on the hotel gym scales and it said that I had gained 52lbs in a week! Lol. I may have gained 2 lbs or even lost 2 but the scales are definitely broken. I would like to join in again when I get home if that is possible. Best of luck to everyone this month!

Have fun in Turkey. When you return join that registration thread, weigh-in, and request our team. Hope your travels are safe, fun, and you are mindful towards you health. Cheers. P.S. You had me nervous about 52lbs. Lol
  • johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Daily we encourage one another and post in a judge-free zone. And I also post other motivational items in hopes that something will spark the fire and determination needed to get through this day, this week, this meal, this exercise, this challenge, and this weight loss journey.

Today... let's focus on some basic exercise movements.
    4a5wu4hck70j.jpg

• jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone-I was a part of this challenge for awhile before I got pregnant. I have a 2 mo th old son now. I’m back to pre-pregnancy weight, but now I’m ready to begin losing the extra weight I’ve been carrying around. I want to be able to be more active for my little boys. My goal right now is to lose 50lbs.
  • johicks
    Options
    What habits do you want to improve and maintain more easily?

j0mv2snmlfd9.png

What ONE habit do you want to change this month? Post below and I'll keep a list and check-in with you mid-August; then again at the end of the challenge.
    This, of course, is optional. Just a little nudge to work a tad harder and be more mindful.

lwggqnpgoyp3.jpg

• johicks
    Options
    Yes... I took a hard, deep look at myself yesterday and saw that some changes need to be made in my life. And for those of you that know me, I share, everything! :) Hope this helps someone else.

8x2s8i9xo2t1.jpg

• johicks
    Options
    @jmacaroni - WELCOME! Glad you are back in this challenge to lose those 50lbs and on our team. WE look forward to encouraging you, supporting you, and learning about your journey to receive some inspiration along the way. :)

Let's make August... AWESOME!
  • johicks
    Options
    c7ftlsowpeqj.jpg
    qy4zy805ytcj.jpg
    New members:
    @jmacaroni
    @MXCTRL
    @Endndajrny
    @slytherclawz
    @eeharlow
    @Dillyg08
    @rawrxamberx
    @msk1000

Current members who joined from July challenge:
    @johicks.
    @bhlavac5560.
    @bootssowhite.
    @kate_x4.
    @LuluLovinLife.
    @Mawash9.
    @Red1185.
    @skullsandskeletons.
    @Toyota100.
    @Jactop.
    @JammyPea.
    @Jupdyke.
    @Klilev.
    @Rozbee1.
    @Terry111330.
    @GoalDigger11.
    @Gustaaf85.
    @JamieD328.
    @tbchitwood76.
    @ajaia2001.
    @germaine_yee.
    @jwall309.
    @Lovethyneighbor.
    @perla4686.
    @Maddiesmommy6611.
    @wander216.

Let's make August ... AWESOME!!

Remember we are . . .
    pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    The three elements of what it takes to be successful at weight-loss and keeping it off are:
    Run -keep moving
    Track -know what you’re eating/ drinking
    Mind -train your brain to be positive about yourself and okay with change(s).
  • johicks
    Options
    Sorry, I did not intend to bombard the thread today. July thread posted before I had a chance to post our weekly numbers and reports. That just means that our July Week #4 and July Monthly news will encourage and inspire our new members, showing them that RunTrackMinds team is AWESOME.

suh9g3s9kpve.jpg
    🌞 🌞 JULY WEEK 4 🌞 🌞
    🌞 JULY 15TH - JULY 28TH 🌞
    27 MEMBERS
    23 (85%) of us weighed in
    17 (74%) had a loss or stayed the same for a loss of 34.2lbs!!
    🌞 🌞AWESOME JOB TEAM 🌞 🌞
    Our losses =25.7 lbs, our gains =14.3 lbs, and our overall net loss = 11.4 lbs.

wesag93jwjbk.png
    RUN TRACK MINDS- Together! HUGE congrats to our teammates who posted at least 5x for the daily RTM Mini-challenge!! **posted EVERYDAY!!

5pqwlglso9ee.jpg
    Kudos to the following for posting 2+ times this week to encourage your teammates:
    u49wa07jtawx.gif

• johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    RUN TRACK MINDS finished in 2nd place for week #4 in July!
    Awesome job @RTM we have finished in the top three FOUR weeks in a row.
    RUN TRACK MINDS- YOU ARE DOING IT!!
    πŸ’₯ July Week #1, 2nd - Run Track Minds. - 0.28% -14.6lbs
    πŸ’₯ July Week #2, 3rd - Run Track Minds. - 0.15% -6.9lbs
    πŸ’₯ July Week #3, 2nd - Run Track Minds. - 0.42% -19.3lbs
    πŸ’₯ July Week #4, 2nd - Run Track Minds. - 0.26% -11.4lbs

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’£πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ And all that hard work paid off!! JULY BIGGEST LOSER TEAM!

Let’s hear it for one of our very own RTM teammates for finishing in the top three of all five teams in the top spot at #2. πŸ† @Jactop -2.39% -5.0lbs πŸ†

fm0a53euo045.gif
    OUR top three for July week #4 had a total loss of 11.7lbs

πŸ₯‡ 1st - @germaine_yee. - 2.56% -3.3lbs
    πŸ₯ˆ 2nd - @Jactop. - 2.39% -5.0lbs
    πŸ₯‰ 3rd - @Klilev. - 1.85% -3.4lbs
    AB0215 wrote: Β»
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 4 WINNER @mirendybryant. - 3.18%
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TOTHE BIG BUTT THEORY FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 4!!

July Week 4 is now in the books! Week 4 is always a hard week, you may have lot some motivation or things aren't going as well as intended, and this is where determination really shines! Great job everyone!!!

Below are the full results for Week 4.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @mirendybryant. - 3.18%
    2nd - @germaine_yee. - 2.56%
    🌟3rd - @Jactop. - 2.39%🌟

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.42%
    🌟2nd - Run Track Minds. - 0.26%🌟
    3rd - Gutbusters. - 0.11%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:
    The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @mirendybryant. - 3.18%
    2nd - @Caronell. - 1.86%
    3rd - @cossmoss15. - 1.10%

The Slimsons
    1st - @cydneebauman. - 2.09%
    2nd - @eromligyppah. - 2.04%
    3rd - @sreid92. - 1.59%

Gutbusters
    1st - @tuddy315. - 2.19%
    2nd - @LadySaton. - 2.18%
    3rd - @robandy12345. - 1.98%

🌟Run Track Minds🌟
    πŸ₯‡1st - @germaine_yee. - 2.56% πŸ₯‡
    πŸ₯ˆ2nd - @Jactop. - 2.39% πŸ₯ˆ
    πŸ₯‰3rd - @Klilev. - 1.85% πŸ₯‰

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @KristiRTT. - 0.98%
    2nd - @Happy7811. - 0.64%
    3rd - @rekvar12. - 0.53%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @mirendybryant. - 7.8 lbs.
    🌟2nd - @Jactop. - 5.0 lbs.🌟
    3rd - @tuddy315. - 4.6 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 19.2 lbs.
    The Slimsons - -7.6 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 5.5 lbs.
    🌟Run Track Minds - 11.4 lbs.🌟
    Flab-U-Less - .0 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 28.5 lbs
  • johicks
    Options
    qaw7dqyz1n14.gif

πŸ† We are doing so so good as a team and as individuals each of us losing!! As a team, we have finished in the top three consecutively in the last THREE months. πŸ†
    πŸ₯‡May in first place πŸ₯‡
    πŸ₯ˆ June in second place πŸ₯ˆ
    πŸ₯‡July in first place πŸ₯‡
    How awesome is that!? Let’s see if we can finish in the top three again as a team for August. This will mean as an individual you WILL also have an AWESOME August!! Let’s go RUN TRACK MINDS!

hi1kovptubg5.jpg

z3411iw2rs9m.jpg
    This trophy is for you! The SUPER TEAM - the RunTrackMinds
    TWO MONTHS
    that we were the Biggest Loser team. So exciting!! Let’s keep losing!!
    May 2019
    1st - Run Track Minds - 78.8 lbs lost
    Run Track Minds - Top three May
    1st - @MaelynMayhem. - 4.97% -13.4lbs
    2nd - @Jupdyke. - 4.37% - 7.0lbs
    3rd - @_cece_x. - 4.17% -10.0lbs

July 2019
    1st - Run Track Minds - 49.6 lbs lost
    Run Track Minds - Top three July
    1st - @tbchitwood76. - 4.12% -9.8lbs
    2nd - @Mawash9. - 3.99% -9.8lbs
    3rd - @JammyPea. - 2.91% -5.2lbs
    And our β€œbiggest losers” by lbs with a 9.8lbs lost each - Congrats to Mike.. @mawash9 & @tbchitwood76

pq2cpsctfl02.jpg
    AB0215 wrote: Β»
    THE JULY'S BIGGEST LOSER IS ..... @Caronell. WITH AN AMAZING LOSS OF 6.51% BODY WEIGHT!!!! BRAVO!!
    o714iv1y812f.jpg
    THE TEAM WHO LOST THE GREATEST PERCENTAGE IN JULY IS ..... RUN TRACK MINDS!!!
    AWESOME JOB TEAM RUN TRACK MINDS!!

WE DID IT! WE MADE IT THROUGH JULY TOGETHER. WHETHER YOU LOST, GAINED, OR MAINTAINED - YOU ARE STILL HERE, YOU ARE STILL STRIVING TO REACH YOUR GOALS, YOU ARE A WINNER.

THERE WERE A NUMBER OF IMPRESSIVE INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS TOO. ALMOST ALL WINNERS ACHIEVED ABOVE 3%, AND EVEN 4 OR 5% OR MORE LOSS FOR THE MONTH WHICH IS INCREDIBLE, CONGRATULATIONS!!

OVERALL, THE TOTAL COMBINED WEIGHT LOSS WAS A FANTASTIC 195.8 LBS!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!

ALSO THREE CHEERS FOR YOUR CAPTAINS @HASWLRS. @pkg1998. @AB0215. @gjaholy33. @mram3582. @johicks. @BonnieHosk85. AND COACH @craigo3154.!! WITH THEIR SUPPORT AND MINI CHALLENGES WE WERE ABLE TO PULL OF SOME GREAT NUMBERS THIS MONTH. HIP HIP HIP (...cheering from the crowd...).

THANK YOU LEADERS AND CHALLENGERS FOR A FANTASTIC MONTH FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER MONTHLY CHALLENGE.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU, THE AUGUST GRAND FINALE RESULTS:
    ~ Ashley.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @Caronell. - 6.51%
    2nd - @cydneebauman. - 5.17%
    3rd - @lsjhudson. - 4.30%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    πŸ†1st - Run Track Minds. - 0.95% πŸ†
    2nd - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.83%
    3rd - Flab-U-Less. - 0.65%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @Caronell. - 6.51%
    2nd - @SHEFITT45. - 3.72%
    3rd - @drea2011. - 3.50%

The Slimsons
    1st - @cydneebauman. - 5.17%
    2nd - @lsjhudson. - 4.30%
    3rd - @o0kody0o. - 3.54%

Gutbusters
    1st - @gabrielgalindomendez. - 4.08%
    2nd - @crystalbarton31. - 4.05%
    3rd - @VeryStumped. - 3.41%

πŸ† Run Track MindsπŸ†
    πŸ₯‡1st - @tbchitwood76. - 4.12% πŸ₯‡
    πŸ₯ˆ2nd - @Mawash9. - 3.99% πŸ₯ˆ
    πŸ₯‰3rd - @JammyPea. - 2.91%πŸ₯‰

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @ahelgers10. - 3.48%
    2nd - @ldenzel. - 2.92%
    3rd - @cruise4me. - 2.59%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @gabrielgalindomendez. - 13.8 lbs.
    2nd - @Caronell. - 11.0 lbs.
    πŸ₯‰3rd - @Mawash9. - 9.8 lbs. (& @tbchitwood76 -9.8lbs) πŸ₯‰

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 48.2 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 30.2 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 33.3 lbs.
    πŸ† Run Track Minds - 49.6 lbs.πŸ†
    Flab-U-Less - 34.6 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 195.8 lbs
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! My name is Jamie, checking in from currently not so sunny Florida, where I smell like I have been camping with my two oldest kids since Friday. My eardrums are currently reverberating with the beat of hand drums so if any part of this doesn’t make sense it’s because I am slowly spiraling into insanity thanks to this well meaning, hippie music camp!

I have been in this challenge for a few months. As far as fitness goes I am looking to lose about 30 pounds before I reassess my goals. I know the things I need to do, I just have trouble staying on track.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: Sunday, August Week 1 (7/28)
    PW: 226
    CW: 224

One thing I did well: I tracked/held myself accountable.
    One thing to improve: drink more water!! @johicks I know, I am sounding like a broken record!

Hi to the new people. I have been doing this challenge since May and lost 19 pounds in 3 months of doing the challenge. What has helped me be successful is checking in daily here and consistently tracking my calories. I still need to work on getting more water and exercise, but I do not beat myself up about it. Welcome!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi all newbies!
    I'm a 37 year old busy mum and have been on MFP since Feb. I've lost 28lb so far. I tend to lose lbs quite quickly when I'm on plan but unfortunately, also frequently fall of the wagon for weeks at a time. This group has been fantastic, particularly @johicks, who always had the right words to motivate me (sadly doesn't always last ;) )
    Good luck everyone, let's do this!!
This discussion has been closed.