TEAM: Run Track Minds (August)

Options

Replies

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Daily mini report Sunday (I use this format because I like it, but it's not a 'thing')
    Run: no, too tired
    Track: yes, diligently, over by 20
    Mind: why do I play so many mindgames with myself? After weighing in Friday and seeing that gain, I ate all the wrong foods Fri & Sat, no tracking. Then, this morning I weighed exactly the same as Fri morning. So part of that gain must have been water weight or unprocessed food in my system. Now, I know all of this but when I weigh, all logic goes out of the window and I use food to cope with disappointment. Had I thought about this properly, I could have saved myself all that junk!
    Anyway, sorry had to vent >:)
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jen. I joined this group in May. I have lost a total of 12.4 lbs since starting my weightloss journey. I am 23.4 lbs away from my final goal. I workout faithfully 6 days a week with a combination of running, strength training, and home videos when the weather stinks and it's not a Strength trainging/gym day. I try to be quite faithful with logging my food and workouts in MFP. At this time my calories goal is 1250. I allow one cheat meal a week. On a personal note, I have a hard working husband who works out of town and is only home 3 days a week, 2 step sons ages 22 and 20, and 2 daughters ages 15 and 13. I am a 1st grade teacher and love what I do. I also just survived my 40th birthday! Phew...lol. looking forward to a great month in August. I ended up gaining in July after falling off the wagon after a great vacation. Gonna need some great support from you all. We've got this team! Welcome to all team members! @johicks my weigh in day is Monday. Do I weigh in on this thread eventhough tomorrow is still July? I believe the July thread is closed, right?
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, Aug., Week 1 (7/28)
    PW: 241.2
    CW: 246.0
    One thing I did well: posted daily on RTM, drank my water daily.
    One thing to improve: Keep the focus on goals so that I can continue to shorten the binging cycle

HW: 274.0 Sep. 2016
    2019- Jan. 1 = 260.0lbs
    SW: 265.4 (03/24)
    UGW: 145
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track : No
    Calories: probably a little over
    Exercise: more walking

I am back home but I am exhausted. I have time off this week but it’s just about enough to pack for another trip on Thursday. Hope everyone has a great week.
  • jupdyke
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track : yes
    Calories: right on the nose
    Exercise: walked the dog

It has been a good/relaxing day. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday 07/28)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise 20+mins: Yes - 20m
    12+ Water: 💧x 15
    Healthy Habits:
    • Morning Affirmations: 💯
    • Plan / pre-log food: 💯
    • NO post-dinner snack: 🤩 None.
    • 🛑 KITCHEN CLOSED 🚫: None.
    D1 of DO-IT attitude. Done 🤩

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! 🤩
  • johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    jupdyke wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm Jen. @johicks my weigh-in day is Monday. Do I weigh in on this thread even though tomorrow is still July? I believe the July thread is closed, right?
    @jupdyke
    Jen, Weigh-in on this thread, as you are right. July is closed. Let' AWESOME August begin!

• jupdyke
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, Aug., Week 1 (7/28)
    PW: 241.2
    CW: 246.0
    One thing I did well: posted daily on RTM, drank my water daily.
    One thing to improve: Keep the focus on goals so that I can continue to shorten the binging cycle

HW: 274.0 Sep. 2016
    2019- Jan. 1 = 260.0lbs
    SW: 265.4 (03/24)
    UGW: 145

@johicks you have come so far! You're doing great! Your faithfulness to this group is so inspiring. Thank you for all you do. There is no doubt in my mind that you will smash your goal!
  • johicks
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    What habits do you want to improve and maintain more easily?

j0mv2snmlfd9.png

What ONE habit do you want to change this month? Post below and I'll keep a list and check-in with you mid-August; then again at the end of the challenge.
    This, of course, is optional. Just a little nudge to work a tad harder and be more mindful.

lwggqnpgoyp3.jpg

The habit I need to work on the most is when I "give-in" to log it as I eat it. Therefore, maybe I won't go soooooo far overboard!! Losing that all or nothing attitude and binge habit.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday July 28:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
  • johicks
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Okay teammates…. How wonderful is it that as a team we managed to be BIGGEST LOSER! That is a second time in the last three months. And every week in July we placed in the top three! I want to see our success continue. As we stay near the top that means we are closer to goal. Let’s do it! An Awesome August here we come!!

@JamieD328~ I must be losing my mind, I swear I responded to you earlier today. Anyhooooo! Busy mom walking to the beat of her own drum. :) Keep working at it. Set yourself a goal of staying on track and focused for at least 4-5 days this week, then improve from there. I know it’s not easy. But we’re getting there. Keep walking.. Good job! Good Sunday.. Way to start off the new month!

@skullsandskeletons~ woooohoooooo! You did it! You made it through a difficult and stressful weak and LOST LBS! Yeah, you!! I know. I sound like a broken record too about binging. All we can contiune to do is keep improving a little each week and then each month and we will get it! Awesome loss in 3 month!! Yeah!!! And Super Sunday!! Way to start out the month!

@perla4686~ All we can do is keep getting back up on the wagon and hold on for a few days more than the last time. We WILL learn to stay on longer and longer, and learn to cut back those “overtheboard” binges back down to just a day or a meal. WE will. Not overnight. But with work and some good mindfulness! Keep doing you thang! ….Run. Track. Mind.
    Vent away!!! And hey… you stopped yourself after two days. Find the gratitude and victory in that. WE got this. Let’s do it!

@jupdyke~ Awesome Sunday! Way to start off the month! Let’s do this. And thanks for the extra boost of confidence. I may not be perfect with my losses or habits; but these team helps keep me on track and in the right place. And then also reels be back in when I've gotten myself in over my head.

Catch some good zzz's as of now . . .
    ncfxa8uoarrj.jpg

• LuluLovinLife
    LuluLovinLife Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: LuluLovinLife
    Week: Sunday, August week 1 (7/28)
    PW: 138
    CW: 138

One thing I did well: Nothing. I’ve been on vacation and totally disregarded watching my intake.
    One thing to improve: Everything! Be active this week!

Have a great week everyone!! ❤️
  • johicks
    Options
    Username: LuluLovinLife
    Week: Sunday, August week 1 (7/28)
    PW: 138
    CW: 138

One thing I did well: Nothing. I’ve been on vacation and totally disregarded watching my intake.
    One thing to improve: Everything! Be active this week!

Have a great week everyone!! ❤️

Wow! You did great to maintain while on vacation. :) Let's do this---- Awesome August!
  • johicks
    Options
    e0ylvccpr8cc.gif

Sunday team members yet to weigh-in:
    @bootssowhite
    @kate_x4
    @Mawash9
    @Red1185 - I can’t remember, are you back yet from vacation. You are enrolled in August.
    @Toyota100
  • mawash9
    mawash9 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Username: mawash9
    Week: Sunday, 1st week August
    SW:236.0
    CW: 235.4
    One thing I did well: Rested
    One thing to improve: no eating after 6pm.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday night everybody! I’m back from my 2 weeks in Europe, and I had an amazing time! As far as nutrition goes: it didn’t. If i saw it, I probably ate or drank it lol. While Europe is known for breads, cheeses, coffees, etc, it is also well-known (I think) for walking! So.....while I didn’t watch what I was eating, I didn’t gain toooooo much lol. I’m back to my original starting weight before I began exercising at all. So to be honest I’m counting that as a win. I gained back the 6 lbs that I lost, but that’s ok. School is starting back up, which means lots of walking, etc. I’m ready to get back into my exercise mode, and lose like 35-40 lbs!

Username: red1185
    Starting weight: 172.4
    CW: 172.4

Happy losing everybody!
  • mawash9
    mawash9 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Only ate 1400 calories. Not what was planned. Need to stay around 2000 and have exercise put me under 2000. Good gym day. Lifting and stair master.54 flights and them a mile jog. Shoulder is a little sore. Will need to back away a bit or change to a different exercise.🤔
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Username: bootssowhite
    Week: Sunday, August Week 1 (7/28)
    PW: 265.8
    CW: 267.8
    One thing I did well: I climbed Enchanted Rock, a nearly 2,000 ft mountain, on Friday! A year ago, I don't think I could have done it, and I would have never attempted it. I had to stop a few times to breath on the way up, but at no point did I think I wasn't going to make it. My weight has prevented me from doing so many things the past few years. It felt great to be able to do a physical activity!
    One thing to improve: Get back into the swing of things after being out of town for a few days.

My weight is artificially up this week. I spent all week at a department conference, which meant eating out most of my meals, and my weight always takes a huge jump when I do that. I'm not bothered; I know I didn't gain six pounds in three days, nor did I lost two pounds overnight. I expect the extra weight will naturally come off by the end of the week.
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Toyota100
    Week: Sunday, August Week 1 (7/28)
    PW 219.8
    CW 219.2
  • jupdyke
    Options
    Jupdyke
    Week: Monday, August Week 1 (6/29)
    PW 158.4
    CW 155.2

I'm happy with this 3.2 lb. loss. I feel like I'm finally back on track since falling off the wagon from vacation. I did better this week at sleeping, workouts, and making better food Choices. My goal is to continue this week.
This discussion has been closed.