TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (August)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first challenge, and I'm trying to lose a total of 50 pounds for a goal weight of 175 lbs. (I'm currently 224 lbs) I am struggling--menopause combined with a sluggish thyroid--but I am committed to seeing this through. Good luck to all my teammates in August!

@ethelsmommy, welcome! Glad you are committed to seeing this through, as it will be a marathon, not a sprint. Try breaking your excess 50 pounds into smaller goals (less daunting that way)....losing 5 pounds to get into the teens, for example. Good luck!
  • stubbornloser
    stubbornloser Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Kim. I’m a newbie to your group and to the challenge. I’m 45 year old women who lives in Southwestern Ontario with my spouse and our two youngest kids.

Over the past 10 years, I’ve learned there is more to losing weight and keeping it off than simply restricting foods. I would lose a bunch then gain it back, because after ditching “bad” foods” for a few months I would feel deprived and then eat all the calorie, sugar, salt, and fat laden foods all the time! And then WHAMO! Weight piled back on (and maybe a few extra pounds). I’ve also learned that I like to eat when I’m bored, angry, sad, happy, etc. Typical emotional eater. Even when “dieting” I would eat heaps of “good” food to feed my emotions.

So... I’m working on improving my relationship with food. My long-term goal is to lose 30 lbs or more, and I think being a part of this challenge will help me to stay mindful of my goal. Looking forward to cheering y’all on!!!
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Friday mini challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes, but only by 167
    Steps: 25,382
    Exercise: 10 mile run

Okay, here's where it gets real, people. I ran 10 miles. No walking, good pace, at about 10 minutes per mile. Ran. 10. Miles. And I was barely under my calorie goal. You literally cannot outrun a bad diet!

Saturday Mini Challenge
    Tracked: No, it was my son's first birthday, and it was so hard to judge the potluck food
    Under: Probably? But I can't prove it because I didn't track.
    Steps: 7487
    Exercise: 30 minute walk
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @abowersgirl, wacky sleep and eating schedules and stress could most definitely be affecting the scales. As far as weighing yourself at different times of day, go ahead and experiment. You won't know when the best and truest time is until you accumulate a lot of data.
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Goals for the month: track, exercise, and sleep, and laugh, and play :)
    Original SW: 270 and CW: 235 I've come a long way and I'm so damn proud.
    Thanks to this group and all the inspiration, motivation, elevation and other 'ions; you're helping me get to my ultimate goal weight of 199-200.
    Hi to seasoned folks and welcome to the newbies!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    2x yes

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday no
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday yes
    Friday yes
    Saturday no

This week

Sunday yes
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Hi Everyone,

Can’t believe it’s August already!

Weigh in day 161.4

A mixed week. Some really good exercise.
    Drank on Friday (always leads to eating more the day after, I had a really junk fuelled day on Saturday). The only upside was I was seriously craving veggies the following day and ate really well and meal prepped.

Very busy week this week, I can’t get to taekwondo practice at all and away at the weekend. Meal prepped until Thursday evening. Just going to try moderation for the weekend, will all be meals out...
  • Caronell
    Caronell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh-in

Previous: 158Ibs
    This week: 157 Ibs
    Loss: 1Ib
  • HASWLRS
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Results - July Week #4

Team The Big Butt Theory had a really strong finish to the month of July....we came FIRST overall with a team loss of 0.42% (0.26% for second)!!

On top of that, the overall BIGGEST LOSER for the week was our very own @mirendybryant, with a whopping 3.18% loss!! Congratulations, Mandy!!

The TOP EIGHT Big Butts who helped put us in first place were:

@mirendybryant - 3.18%
    @Caronell - 1.86%
    @cossmoss15 - 1.10%
    @murdog3t - 1.08%
    @lozenger1984 - 0.92%
    @DreamAchiever33 - 0.90%
    @drea2011 - 0.88%
    @sandkp - 0.84%

Congratulations to these eight and to any Big Butt who lost weight to finish the month strong!
  • Ar_cervantes
    Ar_cervantes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Username: ar_cervantes
    Weigh in week: Aug week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 218.6
    Todays Weight: 217
  • Ar_cervantes
    Ar_cervantes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @caronell great job!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Grand Finale Results for July

Well, team The Big Butt Theory finished first, three out of four weeks in the month of July, but it was not quite enough to put us first overall for month. We came SECOND with a team loss of 0.83% (0.95% for first place). Oh so close, but still a remarkable team effort! You should all be proud!!

Speaking of being proud, our very own @Caronell was the overall BIGGEST LOSER FOR THE MONTH OF JULY with a whopping loss of 6.51%!! Congratulations, Carrie, on an outstanding first month with TBBT!! We are so glad you were assigned to this team!!

The TOP TEN Big Butts for the month of July, all losing over 1% of their body weight, were:

@Caronell - 6.51%
    @drea2011 - 3.50%
    @cmhubbard92 - 2.55%
    @Jeaniece1 - 2.39%
    @LMK02020 - 1.93%
    @susanpiper57 - 1.96%
    @annabananamc - 1.87%
    @mirendybryant - 1.82%
    @Nicoletime4me - 1.64%
    @sandkp - 1.30%

Congratulations to these ten and to any Big Butt who lost weight last month and contributed to the team's success!!

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Kim. I’m a newbie to your group and to the challenge. I’m 45 year old women who lives in Southwestern Ontario with my spouse and our two youngest kids.

Over the past 10 years, I’ve learned there is more to losing weight and keeping it off than simply restricting foods. I would lose a bunch then gain it back, because after ditching “bad” foods” for a few months I would feel deprived and then eat all the calorie, sugar, salt, and fat laden foods all the time! And then WHAMO! Weight piled back on (and maybe a few extra pounds). I’ve also learned that I like to eat when I’m bored, angry, sad, happy, etc. Typical emotional eater. Even when “dieting” I would eat heaps of “good” food to feed my emotions.

So... I’m working on improving my relationship with food. My long-term goal is to lose 30 lbs or more, and I think being a part of this challenge will help me to stay mindful of my goal. Looking forward to cheering y’all on!!!

@stubbornloser, welcome Kim! That's the beauty of "dieting" with calories in, calories out.....there are no "bad" foods! Everything is allowed in moderation, as long as it fits into your calorie goal. Hoping you are able to improve your relationship with food and reach your weight loss goals, and hoping we can help with that.

We might be neighbours....where in Southwestern Ontario are you from? I live in Tillsonburg. @abowersgirl and @cossmoss15 are from the GTA and I think the four of us are the only Canadians.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Friday mini challenge
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes, but only by 167
    Steps: 25,382
    Exercise: 10 mile run

Okay, here's where it gets real, people. I ran 10 miles. No walking, good pace, at about 10 minutes per mile. Ran. 10. Miles. And I was barely under my calorie goal. You literally cannot outrun a bad diet!

@susanpiper, thank you for your words of wisdom!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Goals for the month: track, exercise, and sleep, and laugh, and play :)
    Original SW: 270 and CW: 235 I've come a long way and I'm so damn proud.
    Thanks to this group and all the inspiration, motivation, elevation and other 'ions; you're helping me get to my ultimate goal weight of 199-200.
    Hi to seasoned folks and welcome to the newbies!

@ForLangston, loving your goals!! And speaking of goals, you are halfway there, weight-wise! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Caronell wrote: »
    Hi newbies. I'm Carrie, 44 years, living in the UK. It's my second month in the group. It's great here, better than I anticipated. Everyone so supportive, not least of all our fabulous leader Lisa who is inspiring in her ability to engage members. I just found out that I was the biggest loser in July (yay!) and I absolutely know I would not have got the results I achieved without this group. The daily accountability challenge has proven a great focus for me, leading to weekly results. I'm sure my weight loss will slow down but I'm staying with the group to stay on track. My personal goals are to look fabulous in my wedding gown in November and to achieve a BMI of 25 by end of September, which is when I next see my surgeon to discuss post breast cancer reconstruction.

Good luck for August everyone cxx

@Caronell, I wanted to be the one to tell you, but you saw it first! (I usually don't spend a lot of time on the computer on Sundays; it's my husband's only full day off). Congratulations, nonetheless!! And thank you for you kind words.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Can’t believe it’s August already!

Weigh in day 161.4

A mixed week. Some really good exercise.
    Drank on Friday (always leads to eating more the day after, I had a really junk fuelled day on Saturday). The only upside was I was seriously craving veggies the following day and ate really well and meal prepped.

Very busy week this week, I can’t get to taekwondo practice at all and away at the weekend. Meal prepped until Thursday evening. Just going to try moderation for the weekend, will all be meals out...

@lozenger1984, you lost point six of a pound, and that is with only one day of good eating between you and the junk fuelled day!! Well done on looking ahead to the whole week and planning for everything, even your time away! Well done, and enjoy!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Caronell wrote: »
    Monday weigh-in

Previous: 158Ibs
    This week: 157 Ibs
    Loss: 1Ib

@Caronell, there you are, continuing your losing ways!! Yes, it has slowed down, but any loss is great, considering you dropped eight pounds the previous two weeks!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: ar_cervantes
    Weigh in week: Aug week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 218.6
    Todays Weight: 217

@Ar_cervantes, speaking of "great jobs", well done on a successful first weigh-in.....a solid pound and a half lost!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Three weigh-ins, three losses!! That's what I like to see!!

On deck for a Tuesday weigh-in:

@cmhubbard92, @drea2011, @eatingfoodles and @justakygirl
This discussion has been closed.